Add and Subtract Game

Admin

42 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I also want this week to end peacefully without any extra tasks and unwanted leaves

the issue from last weekend.. resolved?

art coffee GIF

i think i should have a peaceful one until cny.. there's some shipment issues but it's between china and korea so i'm not going to get my hands dirtied unless my boss throws me into the pits again.

i'm definitely going to make coffee real soon.. it's almost 4pm!

• Blob 6

Hey there @larus, @iksunijini  :Pandabulous:

@larus enjoying your vacation? Did you start LUCA? I watched first 20-30 mins of it before sleeping, will need to watch more before deciding whether I like it or not. 

30 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

the issue from last weekend.. resolved?

Chingu, things are crazy, and the clients crazier. I had a meeting last week with client, and they were not even clear with their own requirements. Since I had to take over this project after some dude retired (he was my co-mentor), a lot of things were unclear. Things are unclear to the point that I have to call him once or twice in 2-3 weeks to confirm stuff.

So coming back to that call, they didn't even know what had to be done, so I was like "Please discuss and decide on the requirements on your side before confirming it to me". They had a confusion in process, which would change everything in it and we would require another 40-60 hours efforts on it. Anyway, the only good thing, things are pending from their side, so now the blame won't be on me, and I will provide new timelines as per their requirements. 

As for the other issues, since I am something between a less experienced guy and a rookie, people still pass on their issues to me now (thinking I am free), and they are not the complex ones(thinking I have experience now). Yesterday one dude from my team was on leave and I had to take up an issue of his on ad-hoc basis. The project manager was spamming me crazily and I was like "Look, I have my issues to solve, which if I don't will be escalated to the CIO"  and she was like "No please take this up on priority". I literally wanted to block her number. I had to work overtime for almost 2-3 hours, and the worst thing is, you can't really prove working overtime in WFH. 

+2

• Sad 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

15 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@larus enjoying your vacation? Did you start LUCA? I watched first 20-30 mins of it before sleeping, will need to watch more before deciding whether I like it or not. 

I can`t say that I am enjoying my vacation. I went to bed at 1AM last night and I could not fall asleep at all. I am tired. I started ep 1 last night but I watched just 5 minutes. I will continue watching both episodes today.

WOW, You are really busy with your work. It is stressfull.

+2

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

53 minutes ago, larus said:

I can`t say that I am enjoying my vacation. I went to bed at 1AM last night and I could not fall asleep at all. I am tired. I started ep 1 last night but I watched just 5 minutes. I will continue watching both episodes today.

WOW, You are really busy with your work. It is stressfull.

Hopefully you will be able sleep tonight, and have a nice time in the reminder of your vacation Chingu. 

Work busy and stressful yes, some issues, which actually are mine to resolve are too funny too. I had configured an automated mail to be sent on a certain condition to the manager of the employee. For one guy, who happens to be Vice President, I had to change it, since on paper there were people under him. So the client only provided email ID of another guy, so that instead of the VP, he would get mails for those employees coming under VP. 

Now for the past 3 days he is sending mails complaining on why he is getting mails for random employees :loolz:

And everyday, I am copy-pasting the same thing from first explaining why he is actually those mails and asking him to check it with own team. If he complains tomorrow, I am gonna stop the process and ask the person who had asked me this to resolve it at their end before I get those mails everyday from that manager :joy:

+2

• LOL 5
  • Thirsty 1

6 minutes ago, larus said:

That`s funny but not for the that guy. :D

Yeah, well, the only thing lucky about this situation is that he is only getting 2 mails per day since 2 employees are in the category for now. 

But I do know how it feels to be spammed. I had configured another mail, which is not live and in test phase, so my email Id, along with 2 more colleagues of mine and 3 clients' email IDs are mapped there. Yesterday the client was testing, and my inbox got bombarded by 70 emails first time and within another half hour I received 38 mails, all part of the testing. The only good thing was, since their subject was same, they got grouped, otherwise I would have a really hard time deleting those mails :loolz:

My friend called me asking whether it is some glitch since he has getting mails for an hour :joy:

Imagine if this would happen to that guy, he would go crazy and start searching for me in person :joy:

+2

• LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, larus said:

You are drinking coffee in the afternoon too?

i drink coffee any time of the day... sometimes at 10+ too lol

it's just like any drink, just that cos it's piping hot and comfort the soul

i love you GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

things are crazy, and the clients crazier. I had a meeting last week with client, and they were not even clear with their own requirements.

what?! the client hasn't decided how they want things to be, and already came to u for the solution? that's really insane lol it's better to meet clients who know what they want or what they don't want.. those unsure ones will come back with a lot of issues later.. if u come up with something for them, they might say.. i dun think i want this i dun think i want that.. or, that isn't exactly what i have in mind.. it'll be a greater nightmare!!

cant believe it schitts creek GIF by CBC

i was too confident about peaceful days.. i got stuck in a last minute call that took over an hour.. no coffee.. thirsty, and ears "burnt" from listening..

• Blob 6

3 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i drink coffee any time of the day... sometimes at 10+ too lol

it's just like any drink, just that cos it's piping hot and comfort the soul

Then the cofeine doesn`t have an influence on you anymore.

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

6 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i think it never did have any effects on me since young.. same for alcohol.. i probably become sleepier after whiskey and wine..

You have a high tolerence for cofeine. Because you drank a lot  your body becomes tolerant over time.

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

18 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

what?! the client hasn't decided how they want things to be, and already came to u for the solution? that's really insane lol it's better to meet clients who know what they want or what they don't want.. those unsure ones will come back with a lot of issues later.. if u come up with something for them, they might say.. i dun think i want this i dun think i want that.. or, that isn't exactly what i have in mind.. it'll be a greater nightmare!!

Although this was the first time I was alone in the meeting with the clients, and I am not the type to come up with something for them from my side, I am not really that generous. I sat down like a dumb guy who knows nothing about the project (although I had done some HW before the meeting), but yeah, I was kind of shocked why they didn't know anything.

Mainly, because for 2 weeks they were like this needs to be done and it is getting late, while not properly providing me Requirement docs. I checked on our side, and was shocked that no Requirement Doc was shared before, since that is the basic, either doc is shared or the requirements are mentioned in the email. Nothing was there, PM checked it for 2 days. I am still yet to understand this client, they are confused on their end, and I got to remind them about it, since some clients start assuming things on their own, like it happened with my previous one, who said "Oh I thought you figured it out", and I was like "That's not something I need to figure out, you are supposed to tell that to me in details". I had to loop in the CIO in the reply, since the timeline end date was close and nothing was shared. These are confusing times for everyone I guess. 

18 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i was too confident about peaceful days.. i got stuck in a last minute call that took over an hour.. no coffee.. thirsty, and ears "burnt" from listening..

Last week my friend wanted to loop me in a call so that he can avoid it, after working hours, and I without thinking replied, I am out. He asked "bro are you free" and my reply was "I am out". It happened on Friday, and they then scheduled the call to Monday. 

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

Hey there @larus  @iksunijini @forme26 fi  @sadthe1st
Lazy Cat GIF by Pusheen - Find & Share on GIPHY  and  stay safe and sound | Pooh bear, Character, Disney characters

37 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

But I do know how it feels to be spammed. I had configured another mail, which is not live and in test phase, so my email Id, along with 2 more colleagues of mine and 3 clients' email IDs are mapped there. Yesterday the client was testing, and my inbox got bombarded by 70 emails first time and within another half hour I received 38 mails, all part of the testing. The only good thing was, since their subject was same, they got grouped, otherwise I would have a really hard time deleting those mails 

No wonder your superior and clients looking for you ... you are smart, sunbae-nim
Glad you looped your CIO on the confused clients who expect you to "know" what they want or what they don't know what they want

Smart Smart GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

4 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

No wonder your superior and clients looking for you ... you are smart, sunbae-nim

Not sure about the superior, but that client getting mail everyday, could be waiting to do this to me :joy:

FLCL+Episode+4+-+001.gif

His latest mail was literally written as "Why am I getting these mails every day?" :loolz:

• LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

7 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Not sure about the superior, but that client getting mail everyday, could be waiting to do this to me :joy:

His latest mail was literally written as "Why am I getting these mails every day?" 

Hello ..when they don't receive a reply email, they go berserk,  and when they do and not the way they want or cannot understand you, they also go berserk  (because our reply will be like "can we have the specs /software requirement so we can log down".  Not that they don't know the flow.   Even solving issues have a log.   Due to the constraint of manpower and delegation of time, we have no choice. 

Ptpz.gif

• LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1