Add and Subtract Game

Admin

17 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

hahahahha... we did it @packmule3!!!!

so what do we do now @CamelKnight?

I was trying to download gifs but they wouldn't show up. This reminds me of @BiruAngel and her page-toppers. She would wait patiently in the wings for the 20th post, then she'd pop in with her pre-designed collages. Hahaha.

Good old days!!

I think we go back to 500. @CamelKnight is MIA again.

Buenos tardes @packmule3!

I see I missed the winning point! Drat. That's what I get for staying up so late!

Yes, it goes back to 500 and we start again. I'll update the first post for us! =p

1 hour ago, phikyl said:

Buenos tardes @packmule3!

I see I missed the winning point! Drat. That's what I get for staying up so late!

Yes, it goes back to 500 and we start again. I'll update the first post for us! =p

You sure do keep weird hours, @phikyl! You're only 3 hours behind me. But I noticed you were still up when I logged on this morning. Lol. Are you insomniac?

Thanks for updating the scores. The subtraction team hasn't won in recent memory and I feel kinda sorry for them. B)

@Lmangla you mentioned the woodwork in Wanda. I can't say I noticed much of the set decor but I've seen pretty impressive woodcarving in Thailand and Indonesia that I was sorely tempted to ship back home. One piece of furniture I saw was a sofa table (long table behind the couch) with intricate bird and flower design etched on dark-grained wood. I fell in love with it at first sight but alas! the dimensions were all wrong. When I measured it, it was more suitable for a loveseat. I loathed to have another table commissioned esp for my needs, because what if the design turned up wrong? Most people don't realize this but wood DOES have a life of its own. And an artisan will be able to create a design to suit the whorls and knots of old wood, and not just slap any kind of design onto it, harum-scarum. 

I tried to look for 18 vs -- but it's on neither dramafever nor Viki. I'm checking out Behind Your Smile (Taiwan) on Viki. Is it any good? 

3 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

Seems @packmule3 forgot to add a number to her post. No worries though, it's not like the subtractors are any kind of opposition :tongue:

Yeah I took the high road. Clear and crisp air up there, I can tell you that! :tongue: 

Seems like @CamelKnight forgot to add a number to her post correctly in his post. No worries though, it's not like the subtractors pose any kind of threat. 

Free Smiley exploding fart

Shall we both take the high road?  :tongue:  After you, my friend. Free Smiley

• Like 1

5 hours ago, packmule3 said:

You sure do keep weird hours, @phikyl! You're only 3 hours behind me. But I noticed you were still up when I logged on this morning. Lol. Are you insomniac?

A bit insomniac mixed with working swing/night shifts lately. I'm up at random hours of the day/night. :lol: 

512      Q.Q I post too slow and mess up the numbers! 

Just now, phikyl said:

A bit insomniac mixed with working swing/night shifts lately. I'm up at random hours of the day/night. :lol: 

lol. We posted at the same time. 

Awwww....  take care of yourself then. I can last about 3 days with irregular sleep and caffeine, then I zoink out.  

Free Smiley two happy smileys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

@packmule3 dont kill me i dont like the movie for Beauty & the Beast despite all the rave in malaysia and the controversy that happen together with it in my country too....i only like the cartoon version :x

besides i do not think Emma Watson fit 'Beauty' she is pretty but in a witchy styles :x

Agree with you!!! Free Smiley laughing smiley

Like you, I didn't like the movie.  I prefer the cartoon version.  And yes, Emma Watson doesn't fit "Belle".  Ms. Watson doesn't look sweet and innocent...and -- dare I say it? -- virginal.  (Hahahaha! NOPE!)  After being immersed in kdramas all this time, I can say that many of the kdramas actresses would have been a better fit for the role of Belle -- if only the Hollywood producers were open to casting an Asian heroine, and weren't so hung up with casting a Caucasian for the role.  

To name a few:

Park Bo Young (lead actress in Strong Woman). Or Kim Sae Ron (lead in Mirror of the Witch). Or Kim So Hyun (the queen in Goblin, and the lead in Ok Taecyeon's Let's Fight, Ghost). Or Kim Yoo-Jung (lead in Moonlight Drawn By Clouds).  Or Joy (the Red Velvet girl and lead in Liar and his Lover). 

In my not-so-humble :) opinion, these young ladies would have made a better and prettier Belle than Emma Watson. Pffffttt.  

• Like 1

kekekke... laugh-leaf-emoticon.gif?1292794624@packmule3 ~ reaching 1000 seemed like it needed a gif! hahahha... guess, a reaction from the old days. hahahah....

and even when a drama is good, I can't help pay attention to the interiors. even in serious makjang scenes, I have often noticed "thats a great bedspread!" hahahahah.... and I just like the old colonial style houses and since wanida was set in that 1950s time period, there was a lot of that kind of architecture. and the furniture doesn't even need to be super fancy to catch my attention; just like those old pieces which have a sturdy, historical feel to them. they made them differently then no? besides, there are always weird furniture that you are not even sure what is used for which makes it entertaining. my dad got some furniture from his father's house and we have this one piece that we are not even sure what exactly it was originally used for. it is too high a stool to sit on and has this weird concave -- me and my brother have wondered if it was some old diaper changing table! :lol: I just use it to dump my handbags now. :D

@angelangie ~ yea watson looks too witchy to be a belle. ^_^ hahahah.. my impression of belle from the cartoon is a girl who had a joy and zest for life that could not contained in a small village. but she was still happy. whereas the actress unfortunately has this kind of frown that looks like she is permanently exasperated with life. :ph34r: and I didn't feel like checking out the movie either. I listened to the theme song and immediately lost the 1% interest I had -- the original theme song is one of my favourites and has a sweeping storytelling grandeur to it that is reflected in both the lyrics and the voices. the updated theme song has the same tune and lyrics but is missing the story and the emotion. made me think that the movie was also likely to be the same. like the clock guy in the cartoon said "if it isn't broke, why fix it?" -- the cartoon was just fine.

8 hours ago, packmule3 said:

I can last about 3 days with irregular sleep and caffeine, then I zoink out

That's pretty much what's been going on. lol

It was better this week because of Spring Break but once school starts up again, I'm going to be all over the place!

2 minutes ago, angelangie said:

lols i guess....i expect the prince to be all charming ....come on that is what we are always lead to believe anyway :D 

hahahah.... well if you watch the deodorant/perfume ads, they are only charming after buying those! :D 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Lol... BatB was only OK for me,, It didn't really wow me.. lol.. I was bored halfway through the show...

The "Be My Guest" musical show bored me. I hoped Disney didn't spend a lot on the animation and graphics for that.  I wouldn't have minded if Disney writers revamped the whole thing (like the do-over of Batman or the reboot of Star Trek) but they tried to stay faithful to the original one. 

But Emma Watson ruined it for me. As I said, her portrayal came off as patronizing and supercilious, like "I'm smarter than the village folks so I don't care if they ostracize me because I'll have my books with me."

-- But the impression I got from the movie was her choice of books isn't that intellectual anyway.  If I heard her song correctly, Belle is looking forward to reading romance books or you know, pulp fiction. lol.  If her taste runs to philosophical books or scientific books, then fine! She can feel superior, but come on now...   

To be fair though, the script may the villagers "meaner" and more backwards than they were in the original cartoon version. Like, I don't recall the villagers banning young girls from learning how to read. 

7 hours ago, angelangie said:

lols i guess....i expect the prince to be all charming ....come on that is what we are always lead to believe anyway :D 

I expect the prince to be on time....

Spoiler

He's only charming if he doesn't make you wait. Free Smiley   hahahaha

I don't know where my Prince Charming is but I'm already prepared for our first fight because he is super late.:

Edit:

@Lmangla and @phikyl --

I do love the song "Evermore" by Dan Stevens.  Josh Groban's version is good, too, but this is the one sang by the Beast. 

Now I know she'll never leave me
Even as she fades from view
She will still inspire me
Be a part of everything I do
Wasting in my lonely tower
Waiting by an open door
I'll fool myself, she'll walk right in

lol. I heard my 20 something year old son singing it just this weekend. 

• Like 2

oh! I didn't know there was an instrumental version, @phikyl. (duhhhh, pm3!) Will listen to that. 

Have you checked out Celine Dion's OST? "How Does a Moment Live Forever?"

Minutes turn to hours, days to years then gone
But when all else has been forgotten
Still our song lives on
That's how a moment lasts forever:
When our song lives on

@emiry32, lol. Why are you liking my posts and not stopping by to add/subtract a number? :)  How's Strong Woman coming along? I haven't watched this week's installments but I'm sticking around simply for the romantic thrills. The lead actor is such a cutepie that I'm having trouble controlling my "cute aggression". Hahaha. You know about "cute aggression," right? It's this aggressive reaction (like, wanting to squeeze, hammer, punch, pinch) whenever you're near something cute (like a puppy, rabbit, hamster, baby chick, baby's cheeks).

That actor/Kpop singer would have been spoiled rotten, if I were his mom. 

• Like 2

Congrats Team Addition! ^_^ 

I thought I would be the only one who didn't like Beauty and the Beast... I honestly found it pretty boring :mellow: 

@packmule3 My internet was horrible today and it kept cutting off :sweatingbullets: So I just went out the whole afternoon, and decided to come back on Soompi later. Thankfully internet is working just fine now :)  SWDBS is going fine; this week's episodes were intense...lots of action with that creepy kidnapper :crazy: Oh yes the lead actor definitely is an eye-catcher hehe. Lol I've heard of cute aggression but never met anyone who actually had it :3 

• Like 2