Add and Subtract Game

Admin

23 minutes ago, emiry32 said:

Congrats Team Addition! ^_^ 

I thought I would be the only one who didn't like Beauty and the Beast... I honestly found it pretty boring :mellow: 

@packmule3 My internet was horrible today and it kept cutting off :sweatingbullets: So I just went out the whole afternoon, and decided to come back on Soompi later. Thankfully internet is working just fine now :)  SWDBS is going fine; this week's episodes were intense...lots of action with that creepy kidnapper :crazy: Oh yes the lead actor definitely is an eye-catcher hehe. Lol I've heard of cute aggression but never met anyone who actually had it :3 

Are you sure you've never met anybody who exhibited signs of cute aggression??!!! Free Smiley super excited basic

Min-Hyuk, the lead character, HAS shown signs of cute aggression himself. Didn't you notice them? :D 

For instance, remember when they left goodnight videos on their smartphones? He told her something like "Goodnight, Bong-bong." And she responded with "Goodnight, Min-min."  He found it so cute that he was kicking the bed. That was cute aggression. 

Or when they were in the auditorium (Ep 12 at 33:03) and he told her that she didn't need to tell him her answer because he knew it already. He moved to squeeze her (or pinch her) and ended up petting her hair instead. hahahaha. That was cute aggression, too. Free Smiley laughing smiley

There are a few more instances of his cute aggression. It's been funny to watch because I also derive cute aggression whenever HE shows cute aggression for BS. :D

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Are you sure you've never met anybody who exhibited signs of cute aggression??!!! Free Smiley super excited basic

Min-Hyuk, the lead character, HAS shown signs of cute aggression himself. Didn't you notice them? :D 

For instance, remember when they left goodnight videos on their smartphones? He told her something like "Goodnight, Bong-bong." And she responded with "Goodnight, Min-min."  He found it so cute that he was kicking the bed. That was cute aggression. 

Or when they were in the auditorium (Ep 12 at 33:03) and he told her that she didn't need to tell him her answer because he knew it already. He moved to squeeze her (or pinch her) and ended up petting her hair instead. hahahaha. That was cute aggression, too. Free Smiley laughing smiley

There are a few more instances of his cute aggression. It's been funny to watch because I also derive cute aggression whenever HE shows cute aggression for BS. :D

Huh...now that you point it out... MH does have cute aggression :D You can't resist the cuteness in MH and BS! Looking at the two together just makes me squeal.  Well, let me rephrase what I said earlier, I've never met anyone in person with cute aggression XD.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, emiry32 said:

Huh...now that you point it out... MH does have cute aggression :D You can't resist the cuteness in MH and BS! Looking at the two together just makes me squeal.  Well, let me rephrase what I said earlier, I've never met anyone in person with cute aggression XD.  

I'm still waiting to see how the scriptwriter will tie in the hospitalized gangsters with the real bad guy of the story. Plus, I can't get over the toilet humor of this rom-com. Free Smiley I keep wishing that there's some reason that the gangsters chief found enlightenment in poop.  

For me, the interaction between MH/BS is strictly sustaining the whole show. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

I'm still waiting to see how the scriptwriter will tie in the hospitalized gangsters with the real bad guy of the story. Plus, I can't get over the toilet humor of this rom-com. Free Smiley I keep wishing that there's some reason that the gangsters chief found enlightenment in poop.  

For me, the interaction between MH/BS is strictly sustaining the whole show. 

I've been wondering what role the gangsters exactly play...I find it useless for them to continue showing scenes with BT. Have you seen BT with the Indian monk? Those are some weird scenes :blink: 

41 minutes ago, emiry32 said:

I've been wondering what role the gangsters exactly play...I find it useless for them to continue showing scenes with BT. Have you seen BT with the Indian monk? Those are some weird scenes :blink: 

Totally agree! There were so many non sequiturs in the story -- you know, events and details that are introduced to the plot but don't have any relevance -- that I'm beginning to suspect that the scriptwriter is straight out of an online writing school or is taking advice on creative writing from a middle-schooler.  Free Smiley sad faced smiley

Like, MH's jealous older brother who wanted to retain his management of their father's company.  All that elaborate cloak-and-dagger assassination attempt just to scare off MH? Why couldn't he have just said, LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE, "MH, please let me run this company because you already have Ainsoft anyway?" 

Then, the spousal abuse. Beating up the husband wasn't funny. How are they going to resolve that issue with only two more episodes? Don't tell me it's all going to be treated as slapstick, or comic relief. 

What about the ex-gf and the brother's relationship? Is the ex-gf going to be kidnapped next? Is she another red herring, like that India monk? 

Ugh. This romcom is going to end up ridiculously illogical, my head's already throbbing thinking of the plot holes.  

Spoiler

Image result for fainting gif

To cope with this colossal migraine, I'm going to focus on just the cuteness of MH/BS. 

I'm with you, @angelangie.  Team MH! I found some gifs to add later. Let's start YOUR Monday with a BANG!!!

wait a second....will look for them. 

Avert your eyes, GUYS!  Free Smiley

Spoiler

lol. They even used heart bokeh in the background. Free Smiley

tumblr_oo4bh5WdHh1vqfmslo1_r1_540.gif (540×304)

tumblr_oo4bh5WdHh1vqfmslo3_r1_540.gif (540×304)

From somebody's tumblr. 

• Like 2

Just now, angelangie said:

hahahaha yes lets start our Monday with something cool to ward off the blue though to be honest i rarely feel the blue after quitting my part times jobs :)  @packmule3

my body are feeling better and more rested than i used to... :) 

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, @angelangie.  Your part-time jobs must have been a big weight on your shoulders, and I hope your family appreciates that you did those because you were the responsible one.  

Here's something for @phikylbecause she likes Descendants. 

Spoiler

Imagine gif, song joong ki, and smile

credit: as tagged

Am traveling again tomorrow but just to Pittsburgh, lol.  Not going back to Asia again till probably mid-August. 

• Like 1

@angelangie and @packmule3 Wooo! Team MH! I love Gook Doo and all, but Min Hyuk's just charming. You can't deny it ^_^ 

@packmule3 LOL you cracked me up with the middle schooler :D But yes, the drama is just...it doesn't make sense now. I hope they're not taking the fighting between BS's mom and dad lightly because it really isn't something to laugh about.  The bruises on the father's face...definitely not funny.  As for the ex-girlfriend, I have no clue what will happen to her now.  I don't think she'll get kidnapped since the psycho seems to only target BS now.  

Hehe those gifs :wub: 

• Like 1

@packmule3 luff the DotS gif. :wub:

All the cute aggression from MH in Strong Woman DBS is too adorable. MH is like me.... but in K-drama hero form! MUST. FIND. ONE. FOR . MYSELF! 

I don't mind GD as a character himself but there are some lines his character says that irritate me. Like.... in ep 11 I think it was, when he's getting ready to confess to DBS, he says something like "the timing was never right" and I'm just sitting here thinking 'the timing was ALWAYS right, you just never took it!'

But that's minor stuff. I like that both male leads are viable picks for DBS, rather than having one be the 'villain' in the scenario. 

@emiry32, @phikyl I must admit that, for me, what makes MH a viable suitor is that he owns a successful software company.

lol. I'm being pragmatic here, not mercenary.

Had he been a jobless bum or an aimless fool, I wouldn't care at all that he had twinkling eyes, or that sparkly rainbows were coming out of his ears, he simply wouldn't be getting near my hypothetical daughter.

And that's the plain truth.

Well, that's a first. Not online for a day and I miss 3 pages of Add & Subtract???

Incredible! :D 

On 9-4-2017 at 6:01 PM, packmule3 said:

But Emma Watson ruined it for me. As I said, her portrayal came off as patronizing and supercilious, like "I'm smarter than the village folks so I don't care if they ostracize me because I'll have my books with me."

-- But the impression I got from the movie was her choice of books isn't that intellectual anyway.  If I heard her song correctly, Belle is looking forward to reading romance books or you know, pulp fiction. lol.  If her taste runs to philosophical books or scientific books, then fine! She can feel superior, but come on now...   

The thing you're forgetting here (if nobody mentioned this) is that the story is set in a day and age (horse drawn carriages....) that the majority of the people were illiterate. For anyone to be able to read, let alone a woman to be able to read, was a huge feat. 
You could still wonder why she's not reading something more intellectual, but I guess everyone wants to read some fluff at some point in their lives :tongue: 

• Like 1