Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@packmule3 LOL! I heard Beauty and the Beast was basically a live action version of the cartoon from the 90's. No change/additions to the story so I haven't even glanced at it. 

Haven't seen the rest of the movies on your list though. Any good?

It looks like Wanida is no longer on Viki. Q.Q I guess I'll have to whip out my trusty googlefu skills to try to find it. 

Have a good night @Lmangla!

Oh. I'm fired up now! I'm going to read that article and burn the write down if he/she dissed Master's Sun!

13 hours ago, packmule3 said:

890!!!!

Yes. 888 is a lucky number.  Woohooo!!

Yes, I can't stand goody two shoes. But hold on a sec. Did that article just diss Gong Hyo Jin's character in The Master's Sun?  lol.  That kdrama is one of @CamelKnight's favorites. 

Edit to add this:

The other actress mentioned in that article: Moon Guen-Young? I know she's been mentioned as the "nation's little sister" but I never could cotton to her cuteness. I tried to like her in that movie of hers "My Little Bride" but the themes of the movie (child brides and arranged marriages) just made me dislike her even more. 

/Edit: upon reading the article I decided not to lower myself into creating an account and replying to an article from 2013, however wrong they are. Besides, look at the site it's posted at. Pah!

• Like 1

Edited to add:

yes, B&B is a rehash. :( It's much better to read Robin McKinkey's Beauty. It's a children fiction but this version adds more depth to the fairy tale and fills in many of the plot holes. For instance, in the book the real name of Beauty was Honour. And she had two sisters Grace and Hope. She took the place of her father in the Beast's dungeons because her father DID steal the Rose for her, and she wanted to "honour" the terms of punishment for stealing. 

I thought Belle in the movie appeared a bit too condescending. She read books (i.e., educated, intellectual) therefore she didn't belong in that  (implication: small-minded, uneducated, trashy) village. The animated Belle just didn't sound as disdainful and patronizing. The actress Emma Watson however appeared smug just like her character Hermione in Harry Potter. 

In the book Beauty, more time elapsed so Honour and the Beast were able to form a relationship. Nightly, the Beast asked Honour for her hand in marriage, (I thought that was oddly romantic), and nightly, she responded with Gross, NO!! (That was why I thought it romantic. He knew he was going to get rejected but he dared to ask anyway. And his proposal wore her down. As they became friends, he became less grotesque to her, and she began to emphatize with his trapped situation.) Then, their bonding over the books was more apparent. In the movie, Belle looked awestruck by the Beast's possession. He had a big library, and she *coveted* those books. In the book, Honour and the Beast took turns reading books to each other. That was actually part of their courtship. Daily, Beast would come to her and they'd take turns to read sections out aloud to each other. Then one day, he didn't show up and that was when she realized that he had become part of her life. Hahaha. Nice trick of the Beast.

See? It's a children's book alright but it was well-thought and it showed a natural progression in the romance. Unlike Disney's version....

So go ahead and feel free to borrow the book at your library. Or download it on your kindle. 

I'll tag @angelangie because I know she likes this story, too. 

• Like 2

./searches the library overdrive app for said book.......There's a wait list so apparently it's a good book! :lol: 

I can't remember the last time I sat down, watched, and paid attention to the animated version of BatB though so I don't remember a lot of the details. I DO remember random things like Gaston having skulls in his eyes when he falls off the tower at the end or the fact that the dance animation is the same as in Cinderella....

I know... of all the things to remember about the movie, it's that! ><

1 hour ago, phikyl said:

./searches the library overdrive app for said book.......There's a wait list so apparently it's a good book! :lol: 

I can't remember the last time I sat down, watched, and paid attention to the animated version of BatB though so I don't remember a lot of the details. I DO remember random things like Gaston having skulls in his eyes when he falls off the tower at the end or the fact that the dance animation is the same as in Cinderella....

I know... of all the things to remember about the movie, it's that! ><

:)

I googled it and there's a copy on freevampires.net. 

http://www.freevampires.net/young/yd3636.html

It's a quick read.  Enjoy!

As for the other movies, they're okay. Action-packed.  Typical Hollywood adventure movies with a surprise villain. Nothing cerebral although Inferno pretends to be. Inferno is the third book-turned-to-movie of Dan Brown, famous writer of Angels and Demons. 

9 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

Oh. I'm fired up now! I'm going to read that article and burn the write down if he/she dissed Master's Sun!

/Edit: upon reading the article I decided not to lower myself into creating an account and replying to an article from 2013, however wrong they are. Besides, look at the site it's posted at. Pah!

Taking the high road, eh?

But I see you couldn't resist that parting shot about the "site it's posted at." :tongue:

• Like 1