Add and Subtract Game

Admin

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@packmule3 ~ yea the second male lead in that drama was really eeky and creepy. perhaps it was the age difference that made it look even more stranger than the standard second male lead....

and I didn't like that hollywood version but this kdrama from my vague memory made me laugh mostly because she was so horrified that she was married to her nemesis. hahahahahah...

one trope I really dislike is the candy heroine -- makes me annoyed. who on earth is that good and does not react negatively when wronged? :o please! give a character some flaws. perhaps, thats why I like the tsundere. atleast the guy does seem real and like you said, when she isn't a doormat, the pairings can be great fun to watch...

only 882 (sorry, my fault. I typed in the wrong number earlier)

Will edit and add comment later -- have to post this before @angelangie comes. kekekeke

Wait. What's a "candy heroine"?  You mean a Pollyanna? I don't know of a true Pollyanna character in kdramas. The female leads in kdramas too often cry at the drop of a hat.  I find myself scratching my head when I see the heroine crying instead of slapping the bi.tchy female second lead.  

ooops! hahaha.... lets see if I get it this time

so 888?

wait, isn't that some lucky number in chinese?!

@packmule3 ~ here is a description of candy heroine

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/10425/20130909/understanding-kdrama-whats-candy-girl.htm

but yea, I was referring to those goody goody heroines who don't react with any harsh words and forgive everyone and my reaction is wanting to slap the computer screen and eye roll...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

ooops! hahaha.... lets see if I get it this time

so 888?

wait, isn't that some lucky number in chinese?!

@packmule3 ~ here is a description of candy heroine

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/10425/20130909/understanding-kdrama-whats-candy-girl.htm

but yea, I was referring to those goody goody heroines who don't react with any harsh words and forgive everyone and my reaction is wanting to slap the computer screen and eye roll...

890!!!!

Yes. 888 is a lucky number.  Woohooo!!

Yes, I can't stand goody two shoes. But hold on a sec. Did that article just diss Gong Hyo Jin's character in The Master's Sun?  lol.  That kdrama is one of @CamelKnight's favorites. 

Edit to add this:

The other actress mentioned in that article: Moon Guen-Young? I know she's been mentioned as the "nation's little sister" but I never could cotton to her cuteness. I tried to like her in that movie of hers "My Little Bride" but the themes of the movie (child brides and arranged marriages) just made me dislike her even more. 

hahhahah.. it does sound like the writer didn't enjoy master's sun @packmule3; kekeke... it was a fun drama though where I learned some random things. there is something like a green rose and there is a tradition of matchmaking ghosts by families in korea.

11 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

hahhahah.. it does sound like the writer didn't enjoy master's sun @packmule3; kekeke... it was a fun drama though where I learned some random things. there is something like a green rose and there is a tradition of matchmaking ghosts by families in korea.

894 (I'm getting excited... will we hit 900?)

Yes, I like Master's Sun although that extra episode seemed to have messed up the flow.  The plot could have been tighter without that detour through heaven/hell/afterlife thing. 

Another kdrama trope I detest: the open-eyed kiss. 

Image result for kdrama wide open eyes kiss

credit: as tagged

The only time I want to see eyes wide open during a kiss is on Brancusi's stone sculpture "The Kiss". 

Spoiler

Image result for brancusi kiss sculpture

hahaha. 

Kiss Me is probably my second favorite version of that show. I love the changes they made but I do adore the original [TW] version too. I will admit @packmule3, that I was highly disappointed at the change in the iconic umbrella scene; at least at first. :lol: 

After a while though, Taliw not being a doormat really grew on me... and the backstory that was given to them as to why 1010 didn't like Taliw. I always found it odd that Naoki would dislike Kotoko for no other reason than the fact that she's less intelligent than him. 

900 dratttsss 898

41 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Hi there, @TRaNz! Haven't seen you in a while! 

And yes, @phikyl! I liked the additional backstory on 1010. It made sense of his avoidance. 

Plus, I liked that he witnessed and misinterpreted the "goodbye" scene between Taliw and the male second lead. It made Taliw's rejection of him just a liiitttlllee bit more painful....karmic.

It also helped that I found the actress who played Taliw cute as a button. Hahaha. See my prejudices? 

• Like 1

@packmule3 -  so on this show, "happy together", there was these two who acted as a couple on the drama "laurel tree tailors". as a child actress, she has much more acting experience and he explained that she gave him tips/guidelines for kissing. on network tv, there is no movement of lips! just freeze and hold while the camera will move, especially for weekend family dramas. only on cable are they allowed to move the lips and basically kiss. not sure if this is an actual rule or some unspoken rule of thumb but there you go, thats the background behind those freeze kisses. look at which station the drama is airing and the time slot to figure out what kind of kiss to anticipate. :lol:

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

@packmule3 -  so on this show, "happy together", there was these two who acted as a couple on the drama "laurel tree tailors". as a child actress, she has much more acting experience and he explained that she gave him tips/guidelines for kissing. on network tv, there is no movement of lips! just freeze and hold while the camera will move, especially for weekend family dramas. only on cable are they allowed to move the lips and basically kiss. not sure if this is an actual rule or some unspoken rule of thumb but there you go, thats the background behind those freeze kisses. look at which station the drama is airing and the time slot to figure out what kind of kiss to anticipate. :lol:

hahaha. Thanks for heads-up, @Lmangla.

I'm hereby avoiding dramas on network stations, KBS, SBS and what's the other one? MBC, especially those dramas airing between 8pm and 10pm. 

:ph34r:

But come on now, I'm not even asking for torrid, piranha-sucking-like kisses. I just want closed-eyed kisses. Kissing with eyes open is such a turn-off. 

:tongue:

hahhahah... @packmule3 ~ the open eyed kiss indicates surprise. when it is not a surprise, they do close eyes. hahahah.. but I like the network shows especially KBS and MBC, as the dramas are often more in my taste.. have started avoiding the cable dramas as they are often too dark and realistic for my taste. if I want real, I would just turn on the news! :D give me dramas with happy endings and characters that are a bit sanitized. 

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

hahhahah... @packmule3 ~ the open eyed kiss indicates surprise. when it is not a surprise, they do close eyes. hahahah.. but I like the network shows especially KBS and MBC, as the dramas are often more in my taste.. have started avoiding the cable dramas as they are often too dark and realistic for my taste. if I want real, I would just turn on the news! :D give me dramas with happy endings and characters that are a bit sanitized. 

True: the cable dramas can be so fatiguing. One such Kdrama -- which recently ended -- was Tomorrow with You on TVN. 

I was emotionally exhausted after each episode as if the actors had undergone so much life-changing crisis after crisis in a span of an hour. But in truth, there wasn't much plot movement; they were still trapped in the same motion and same introspection. I finally gave up midway and just skipped to watch the final episode for closure. 

Watching kdramas shouldn't feel like I'm stuck in a traffic jam. 

wow. will we soon reach 1000?

do you watch lakorns @packmule3? find their over-the-topness highly entertaining at times. one lakorn I just laughed in every episode and no one could play the character other than anne. have you seen "sood snaeha"? how could you not laugh at a diva actress who can't cook to save her life and still auditions to be a host of a cooking show? and manages to reproduce dishes by her cooking teacher  that look good but are actually horrible to taste?  :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

wow. will we soon reach 1000?

do you watch lakorns @packmule3? find their over-the-topness highly entertaining at times. one lakorn I just laughed in every episode and no one could play the character other than anne. have you seen "sood snaeha"? how could you not laugh at a diva actress who can't cook to save her life and still auditions to be a host of a cooking show? and manages to reproduce dishes by her cooking teacher  that look good but are actually horrible to taste?  :lol:

lakorn is Thai drama, right? 

I watched Wanida. @angelangie knows about this. It's my favorite OTT drama. You see, it was my first time to watch multiparty hair-pulling and cheek-slapping, and two-vs-one girl fights. 

But I like the grovelling in the end. And there wasn't any rape and forced seduction involved. 

But how many episodes is this sood snaeha? 

yea lakorn is thai @packmule3;

17 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

You see, it was my first time to watch multiparty hair-pulling and cheek-slapping, and two-vs-one girl fights. 

aren't they fun to watch? :lol:

sood snaeha has 16 episodes. so quite doable.

• Like 1

hair-pulling, cheek-slapping, water-tossing, mud-wrestling (hmmm...I might have imagined this, though) 

Wanida was scrumptiously over-the-top but the heroine, Wanida, never came out the loser. One time, she dropped a heavy painting on her head -- no, wait! The hero dropped a heavy painting on her head (by accident!) and he was so guilt-stricken that he stayed by her side for 40 days and 40 nights (lol. just kidding.)

It dawned upon me then that if the "happy" outcome of that painting accident was the hero's slavish attention, then I wouldn't mind if a stone statue dropped on my head either.  Surely, a stone statue would mean ETERNAL devotion.  What's a "little" pain? :blink: