Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Dramas that premiere soon. I hope they aren't draggy....  

6 members have voted

1. 1. I am planning to watch (choose as many as you like)

• Dare to Love Me with L oppa. Aspiring webtoon writer in a noona romance (anyone is a noona now; she's only 2 years older than him, peeps).... (May 13)
    • The Brave Yong Soo Jung with Uhm Hyun Kyung unnie. Free spirited lady who is shy is secretly in love with a chaebol. But she meets the poor ML who is unknowingly also a chaebol. (May 6)
    • Bittersweet Hell with Kim Hee Sun unnie. Best psychological counselor and her MIL face each other's secrets due to their husband and son. Ready for showtime! (May 24)
    • Not Strong But Attractive Homicide Squad with unknown people - not even 4evrkdrama's oppas. A comedy crime investigation drama featuring people with few muscles. (May 22)
    • Connection with Ji Sung oppa. A crime investigation thriller depicting the distorted friendship of friends while tracking the death of a high school friend who died leaving behind 5 billion won in insurance money. Sounds intensive.(May 24)
    • The Midnight Romance with Wi Ha Joon oppa. Featuring abs. Who cares about the plot? (May 11)
    • Frankly Speaking with Go Kyung Po oppa. Crazy comedy. Probably only agenth, sweetroad and partyon who like this type of humor. (May 1)
    • The Atypical Family with no one's oppa Jang Ki Yong. He has a bad haircut. (May 4)
    • Crash with Heo Sung Tae who always plays an evil baddie. Looks like he might play a good guy for once. (May 13)
    • Begins Youth with Seo Ji Hoon oppa. Losely based on BTS's journey to success. (April 30)
    • Uncle Samsik. The plot sounds boring. Not gonna lie. (May 15)
    • The 8 Show with the guy who was just in a scandal. You know, Ms. Koko's oppa. Yes, that one. (May 17)
    • I've given up on kdramas
    • Something else. What?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/03/2024 at 02:00 PM

+2

8 hours ago, kokodus said:

. @Dhakra would easily get distracted by anything with KSJ and  

I'm a simple man. :smirk: KSJ would do. But there would be quite a couple of girls who would get me distracted.

Congratz on the win @stroppyse

4 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

Ehh.. haven't been following the discussion really. What K-Drama? I'm currently wrestling with the quite boring Live Up To Your Name. Only 6 episodes left. I think.

You're still wrong about CF though. Eventhough you're starting to come around to Mamamoo :D 

Man, I do hope they do a European tour soon. For them, I'd be happy to pay!

Mother.

I agree that a EU Tour of Mamamoo would be great. I'm still not a huge fan, but I think they all have great voices and it would be amazing to see and hear them live. After I witnessed how stunning a live performance can be, after I witnessed how chilling and mind-blowing it was to see Yoohyeon singing "Just Give Me A Reason", I can only imagine how amazing it would be to see Mamamoo live.

I mean, I already had two magical moments this year, but I would love to see a band like Mamamoo live.

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@Lmangla, I think I've become more used to the English that is spoken on Soompi, but it was initially confusing. Even now, it can sometimes take a bit to figure out what someone is talking about. Key points are to not to anything personally, to take everything with a grain of salt, and to realize that I might not understand the writer's true intent. :) 

Speaking of which, is "take things with a grain of salt" a common idiom in use anywhere other than the US and the commonwealth countries?

@stroppyse ~ always found the expression "take things with grain of salt" very odd; knew the meaning because I learned it but I didn't understand it in my heart if that makes any sense. salt in my language can be a metaphor for honour/self-respect -- we have an expression "we eat salt with rice!" -- and so that english expression was rather confusing to me. it was only after I was observing some western cooking shows I understood the expression. hahahhaha... so sometimes, we need the context to understand what someone is saying. at times, a gentle question can give a very revealing answer and can lead to lots of fun conversations in soompi. actually it is funny to say but I have learned a lot from watching drama together in soompi. especially about people and seeing things in different perspectives.

for me, more than the language, sometimes, it is east vs west culture divide that can be bit jarring in soompi. for example, there are lots of people who get huffy over the wrist grab. honestly, don't understand why that is. I once made an exasperated post explaining why I didn't think it was bad and it is more of impersonal gesture to move someone without entering their space and actually happens all the time in real life in my place -- like when you help elders up the stairs or getting up from the sofa, they will grab your wrist or if you are in a bus and it jerks violently and you lose your balance, someone might grab you by the wrist to keep you steady or helping a child with itchy feet from running into the road... hilariously that post got quoted in another site and there were lots of conversations about it! hahahah.... so yea, sometimes these cultural interpretations can be confusing as I am reading all these conversations flowing back and forth and I don't even know what and why they are arguing. :sweat_smile:

minus two

• Like 3

Agreed about the wrist grab. It doesn't bother me at all. I actually found it very strange when I first started reading these k drama sites like DB and soompi about how people complain about every little thing. LOL. Tsk tsk. It was very peaceful when I used to watch dramas on my own. Now I almost feel guilty for not getting offended by these gestures. Sigh. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2