Add and Subtract Game

Admin

20 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Nooo should I? Who is the male lead?

Some dude that I don't know. Park Eun Bin is the FL. But @agenth keeps raving about it and I am seeing lots of "best drama of 2023" comments online. Apparently the writing is very strong, and they say that the drama has a lot of parallel writing and foreshadowing - like Someday or One Day. :glasses:

Synopsis:

Mok Ha has always dreamt of becoming a singer. During middle school, however, she and ends up on a deserted island where she manages to survive alone for over fifteen years. When she's finally rescued, she must adjust to a world that has changed dramatically in her absence. While learning to navigate the complex social dynamics of modern society, Mok Ha is determined to achieve her dream of becoming a singer—and she will stop at nothing to make it happen.

https://mydramalist.com/745215-diva-of-the-deserted-island

Should we give ep 1 a try, Ms. Koko? @larus what about you? It's on Netflix.

EDIT: Just a random pic of my oppa. :wub:

rNqABj_2c.jpg

Saw that oppa said in an interview that he prefers to do rom-com or romance dramas.
I hope that he realizes that he is waaaaay too talented for mere rom-coms and romance dramas. Am glad that he gets to do one with Shin Hye Sun, but am even happier to see that he has some extremely complex roles lined up after that. If someone can pull those roles off, it's him.

Oppa fighting! :hwaiting:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

23 minutes ago, partyon said:

hope that he realizes that he is waaaaay too talented for mere rom-coms and romance dramas

What do you mean by mere romcoms and romance dramas? :onfirex:Do you think you don't have to have any talent to act in romcoms? That is not true. You know how difficult it is to have a sense of humor and comedic timing. A true actor would not differentiate between any genre. He may prefer one to another but he would not underestimate the difficulty level of a particular genre. Pffft. 

27 minutes ago, partyon said:

Ok the synopsis sounds good. I'm in. 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Are you gonna tune into season 2? :D

Definitely...Do Hyuk is the main character in the S2 so I have no choice... :D

F_JqGAwaoAIlDSG?format=jpg&name=small

Dohyuk..when he realized that everyone betrayed him... 

F_OP8f5aIAAim_4?format=jpg&name=small

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

Hide contents

How  lovey-dovey  these two are :D

so sweet...  :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

14 hours ago, partyon said:

I am behind Castaway Diva because of my busy life. I have been watching three dramas lately (Twinkling Watermelon, My Dearest and Castaway Diva). First two are good, the later... I struggle a little with the plot but it is alright. The rom coms are not my favorite genre and I want to like the plot.

But I am not the right person to ask. :D

+2

13 hours ago, kokodus said:

Do you think you don't have to have any talent to act in romcoms? That is not true. You know how difficult it is to have a sense of humor and comedic timing. A true actor would not differentiate between any genre. He may prefer one to another but he would not underestimate the difficulty level of a particular genre.

I totally agree. There are good comedy actors who can do melodrama very well but sometimes not all those who make melos can make comedy. The actors who can do both genres are very talented. They are great. I have a special respect for those who an do well comedy and melodramas.

That being said, in my opinion, the problem for most rom coms is the writing. Just like any other kdramas, the writing has to bring something for the audience to stay.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, larus said:

The rom coms are not my favorite genre and I want to like the plot.

Wait a second, I thought Castaway Diva was NOT a romance drama? :scream: It's not tagged with romance on MDL.

14 hours ago, kokodus said:

Do you think you don't have to have any talent to act in romcoms? That is not true. You know how difficult it is to have a sense of humor and comedic timing.

Am sorry but doing just romcoms is repetitive and doesn't normally require as varied acting as a more complex drama /  movie would. That's my opinion. Oppa would be wasting his talent if he were only doing romance dramas.

:smashes:

Am happy that we're gonna get to see him in a sageuk next year.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

14 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Definitely...Do Hyuk is the main character in the S2 so I have no choice... :D

It is good that you could do it for Lee Joon.... I could not do it for my girl because I could not stand major flaws of logic in Penthouse. I just could not do it. I wish I could shut my brain and not follow the plot.  :grimace:  I read some comments about Escape of 7 drama. OMG... it is worst than Penthouse. :joy:

14 minutes ago, partyon said:

Wait a second, I thought Castaway Diva was NOT a romance drama? :scream: It's not tagged with romance on MDL.

Sorry to dissapoint you. There is an unnecessary love triangle also. :D

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1

28 minutes ago, larus said:

Sorry to dissapoint you. There is an unnecessary love triangle also. :D

What the hell. Always a MMF love triangle in every single kdrama. :kicks:

It's not even realistic. :unamused: How many of you here have been in love triangles where you've had two men (or two women) chasing you?

@joccu Are you watching Last Twilight? Seeing a lot of buzz online.

d04Z2W_3f.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

18 minutes ago, partyon said:

It's not even realistic. :unamused: How many of you here have been in love triangles where you've had two men (or two women) chasing you?

Did the one who used to do my homework  and  the one who carry my bag from school to home count :mrgreen:

• LOL 4
  • Blob 2