evil on me

thats one prickly spot for durians

Schitts Creek Pain GIF by CBC

1 hour ago, the_sweetroad said:

but I probably wouldn’t like chicken with chocolate

Fried Chicken GIF by Wendy's Puerto Rico

maybe with nutella dips??

45 minutes ago, agenth said:

one thing i didn't try was stinky tofu....

why not???? haha i absolutely love it!! although i wont say the same for the hong kong ones..

Funny Holiday GIF by GIFiday

+2

• LOL 6

5 hours ago, partyon said:

Thanks chingu for the recipe! I will give it a try once I finish my Ya Kun Kaya kaya jar. Made kaya toast at home for the first time - did not taste the same. I think I put in too little butter. :D I am also wondering if I was using the wrong type of bread. 

I hope it’ll be fun! Just be careful about the heat applied - it is very easy to overcook the mixture. When in doubt, less heat is better. 

I tried it at home too with store-bought white bread. NOT the same. Then I tried it with fluffy brioche, toasted. GLorIous! It does need the butter, and the brioche does a good job with some more butter applied, just not that thick of a slab the shop stuffs in the middle. 

I recommend this good fat….

@sadthe1st

for you too!

spacer.png

@Wuzetian

i tried aerial yoga awhile back. It was fun to do poses that require wriggling in that cloth trying not to tear your limbs apart. Hanging upside down was scary the first time. The thighs can hurt after awhile and then the pain fades cos they have become numb….heh.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Thirsty 1

14 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

mmm him … :love:

You wouldn’t have looked at him twice if you hadn’t discovered his abs :joy:

12 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Let’s hop @partyon don’t see any one wear it in gym :mrgreen:

:yaaa: I warned you, didn’t I, twin? :rage:

Good morning sweeties! :dorakiss:

12 hours ago, rocat said:

I recommend this good fat….

Chingu, but this is butter, no? It says beurre (butter en français). I think I will try your brioche recommendation instead. Merci beaucoup, chingu! :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Chingu, but this is butter, no? It says beurre (butter en français). I think I will try your brioche recommendation instead. Merci beaucoup, chingu!

Oui! The good butter I add to my toast so I don’t feel as guilty. 
De rien mon amie!

Charlie Brown Food GIF by Peanuts

Happy Sunday, Chingus!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

Dog Reaction GIF

@Lmangla  just finished Olivier documentary series. It was mind boggling. How many more victims they had? How come Olivier got shorter jail time? For me it looked like Olivier was more smarter than her husband. so who  played/manipulated who?

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

On 3/4/2023 at 10:04 PM, Wuzetian said:

Has anyone here tried aerial yoga? Is it fun?

+ 2

I love to try but can't cause I get dizzy easily.

These Malay delicacies goes well with black hot coffee ...

Butterkicap-Kuih-Muih.jpg

cr owner

@the_sweetroad  omg !... that mushroom head of Ji Chang Wook... looks horrible on

him !!!!... Noooooooooooo

On 3/3/2023 at 1:28 PM, partyon said:

Is that pineapple, cucumber, mango(?) and jicama?

I don’t think I see durian in that pic…. But I could be wrong 

No DURIAN ! and you were right ...there's pineapple, cucumber, jicama, green mango 

Did you enjoy your stay when you visited Malaysia ?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

:waves: guys!

Another new week is here... How are you all doing?? Hope all is well with everyone! :heart:

By the way, I watched the 1st episode of Divorce Attorney Shin and it's so good. The male lead oppa is such a fun guy. And the female lead has a cute kid so I think I''ll watch it! Found a healing drama after a long time.. Can't wait to watch the next episode. Gonna drop by the drama thread later. :piggydance:

I have to take breakfast and get ready for work. See you guys later... Have fun! :innocent:

monday.jpg

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

13 hours ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla  just finished Olivier documentary series. It was mind boggling. How many more victims they had? How come Olivier got shorter jail time? For me it looked like Olivier was more smarter than her husband. so who  played/manipulated who?

the documentary is really well done in how well everyone spoke. but certainly really mind boggling. 

in regards to your questions:

Spoiler

the final tally is probably somewhere in the 30s -- the prosecutor said he thinks it was 1-2 victims per year and there was a period of 10 years when they don't know what these two were up to. also, there was a small scene where they showed this guy in a bike. he was a former inmate and knew the husband from the early jail days in 70s. so he wrote to him saying the husband should not be coward and admit. and they showed letter where the husband had written down numbers and blanks. that letter was turned in to authorities and so thats part of why the prosecutor thinks there are indeed more. 

as for who manipulated who, it seems they were both in it together. I felt for the defense attorney who is caught in this dubious position of believing every person has a right to defense and also dealing with a very manipulative person because he wants her to give details for authorities so there is some sort of justice. can you imagine how much energy it would take to deal with such a person?

ofcourse, he is defense attorney and sees all sorts of people but what really struck me by all these people in the interviews is that this couple was shocking for them and too strange to diagnose even though they had met so many career criminals. they even fooled that guy in jail and killed his wife...

the reason she got a different sentence is that she was named as accomplice but not co-defendant. the defense lawyer makes the distinction that according to law these are two different things and hence argued that way. technically he is not wrong in that in many cases, the accomplice such as a getaway driver in a robbery usually don't get so much sentence as they didn't participate. so to answer your question, it is about how law sees distinction between these terms but the victims families didn't see it that way. maybe the prosecutors also didn't have evidence to prove she was more than accomplice. we would have to ask someone like @agenth to explain why law makes such distinction. 

I was trying to find out what happened to the son -- whatever I could find was mostly in french and I used google translate. so the son was apparently 14 when he saw on the news about his parents. he changed his name and just says he is orphan. not sure if he was raised in care by govt or how it all happened when they got arrested. one of her other children (from the first marriage) committed suicide. this son has struggled with such thoughts himself and continues to feel the weight of knowing how they used him. slightly before the husband died, the son met him and tried to get details of other victims for the authorities but the husband played alzheimer and didn't reveal anything. but otherwise, the son didn't keep in touch with either of his parents after they were arrested. it seems he did one interview but he had covered his face with ski mask as he didn't want anyone to identify him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4