Add and Subtract Game

Admin

19 minutes ago, partyon said:

Actually many of us EOs have been traveling a lot lately, so we've been less online.

that fits the bill for the hunt of more animal oppa i guess

noah's ark waterskiing GIF by Scorpion Dagger

5 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

"... SOOMPI ... "

sounds like..

soup eating GIF

hahaha just joking

night night chingus!!

@Ameera Ali waiting to see more of your new Business Proposal memes/gif!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

10 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

"... SOOMPI ... "

The name - what does it mean/derived from? :huh:

Good question.

The site was founded by Susan Kang. Apparently Soompi was the nickname her roommate gave her back in the day. When she founded the site in 1998 (as a hobby), she named it Soompi Town.

It was mostly focused on kpop back then, so the site and forum now being kdrama focused has been quite a change. :kiss_wink:

Fun fact: She still has an account on this forum. :glasses: Her account name is soomp.

Question to you. @agenth was shaken up by the Boeing documentary on Netflix. We were discussing whether it's safe to fly on a 737 Max. What's your take on it?

• Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

@partyon wasn't there an older version of Soompi Forums that shut down in 2004? Then it was re-created? (The current version we have now. I've read older posts on here for older daily dramas I watch and it's so confusing! Even 2015 posts looked weird.)

On top of that I found older article from the 2000s as well.

And I'm following soomp asap! Didn't know the creator had an account on here.

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1

39 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

they are busy chasing laundry board oppa or purse oppa or out with a net for new animal oppa..

Did you call me? Hello chingu! 

Bridget Jones Renee Zellweger GIF - Bridget Jones Renee Zellweger Edge Of  Reason - Discover & Share GIFs

You need to update the list. I was busy ...

Oh, my aching tentacles.

Anything 'hot or cute ' @Ameera Ali that my eyes missed while I was hibernating?

Hi everyone! Hello oppa @LeftCoastOppa:heythere:

@partyon Hi:naughty:

K-drama Review: Terius Behind Me (내 뒤에 테리우스) | The Joys and Worries of an  East Asian Lover

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1

15 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

@partyon wasn't there an older version of Soompi Forums that shut down in 2004? Then it was re-created? (The current version we have now. I've read older posts on here for older daily dramas I watch and it's so confusing! Even 2015 posts looked weird.)

That I don't know as I didn't really discover the forum until 2011 or 2012.  I finally joined in 2014 when it was hosted by another company than Invision.

By the way, what's all this talk about So Ji Sub being handsome? Me reading those comments like:

suga-bts.gif

And then thinking - So Ji Sub? Really?

bts-bangtan-boys.gif

• LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

7 minutes ago, partyon said:

Good question.

The site was founded by Susan Kang. Apparently Soompi was the nickname her roommate gave her back in the day. When she founded the site in 1998 (as a hobby), she named it Soompi Town.

It was mostly focused on kpop back then, so the site and forum now being kdrama focused has been quite a change. :kiss_wink:

Fun fact: She still has an account on this forum. :glasses: Her account name is soomp.

Thank You! My search had revealed the history as it related to Susan Kang, and the various entities that owned/expanded it, but none had the info about the name coming from a nickname, so thank you! :)

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

Question to you. @agenth was shaken up by the Boeing documentary on Netflix. We were discussing whether it's safe to fly on a 737 Max. What's your take on it?

The Netflix documentary was very well done - @agenth can fly with assurance on the Max - The MCAS system has been modified to require 2 valid AOA inputs instead of just 1, the authority of stabilizer movement has been reduced, and pilots now have received instructions on how to handle a "runaway" situation.  (US airlines/FAA) My understanding is that other countries regulatory agencies are taking a similar approach to re-certifying the aircraft.

+2

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 2
  • Blob 2

23 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

@Ameera Ali waiting to see more of your new Business Proposal memes/gif!

I will do it later , still didn’t watch episode, was busy with my daily drama [ the second husband]  , finally writer give us what we waiting for :hwaiting2:

@confusedheart if I find anything cute or hot I will tag you after all  you need updating news about your new oppa :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

That I don't know as I didn't really discover the forum until 2011 or 2012.  I finally joined in 2014 when it was hosted by another company than Invision.

I joined in 2018 (I think? Or 2019.) But I did lurk around 2017-8 before finally deciding to join. It looked fun. What is Invision?

10 minutes ago, partyon said:

By the way, what's all this talk about So Ji Sub being handsome? Me reading those comments like:

The actor So Ji-Sub? The one from I'm Sorry I Love You? Hell yeah he's handsome! Very handsome! One of the first k-actors I crushed on.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I will do it later , still didn’t watch episode, was busy with my daily drama [ the second husband]  , finally writer give us what we waiting for

ABS?!?!?!? :love:

• LOL 6
  • Thirsty 1

19 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

@agenth can fly with assurance on the Max -

That's my opinion too. :glasses:

Not 100% sure if I remember the story correctly regarding Soompi's name but am 99% sure. :D

11 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

... so he's an Oppa that causes Arrhythmia? :blink:

More like: BAD eye sight! :unamused:

suga-min-yoongi.gif

11 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

I joined in 2018 (I think? Or 2019.) But I did lurk around 2017-8 before finally deciding to join. It looked fun. What is Invision?

The company that has made the software this forum is running on. :glasses:

Btw, I put up a poll. Let's vote!

• LOL 5
  • Thirsty 1

25 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

The actor So Ji-Sub? The one from I'm Sorry I Love You? Hell yeah he's handsome! Very handsome! One of the first k-actors I crushed on.

Hello @chococarmela :kiss_wink:

24 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

... so he's an Oppa that causes Arrhythmia? :blink:

(Sorry, it was there ... I had to) :rolleyes:

First, I had no look that up. Because....:tears:

Not the Sharpest Knife in the Drawer? - YouTube

This is why God made Google.... :D

Secondly, what do you call who constantly suffers from it? I have too many oppas and each one of them makes my heart go beep, boop, bop, boop:lol: 

I think it might be an incorrigible romantic?:love:

29 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I will do it later , still didn’t watch episode, was busy with my daily drama [ the second husband]  , finally writer give us what we waiting for :hwaiting2:

Ooohh is that evil SFL getting her comeuppance finally with that jerk of her husband? I should start watching it again then. Seems like there's lot of fun. :gangnamstyle:

29 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@confusedheart if I find anything cute or hot I will tag you after all  you need updating news about your new oppa :wub:

I trust your super human eyes, chingu. You won't miss any. :kiss_wink:

Laser Eyes Superman GIFs | Tenor

@sadthe1st goodnight chingu. :kiss_wink:

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

12 minutes ago, partyon said:

Btw, I put up a poll. Let's vote!

... and whats this I see? :lol:

Make a meal of THAT pigeon Inzaghi

Seems like someone is in a mood :lol:

... BTW is this a bad time to point out you just broke your own decree that "...THAT pigeon Inzaghi ..."  would never be in another poll. 

make it a drama!!! || world of webtoons (goaldiggers) | K-Drama Amino

+2

• LOL 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

POLL: Would you rather....?

Go to a karaoke bar with So Ji Sub?

SO-JI-SUB-Special-Edition-.png&f=1&nofb=

Go to a sauna with Lee Santa?

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Okay, this question was not included. But you can vote anyway!

:wow1:

@Ameera Ali @twinkle_little_star @sadthe1st @LeftCoastOppa @MayanEcho @chococarmela @joccu @Lmangla @agenth @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @Thong Thin @Sky Kang @kokodus @SilverDawn @Min2206 @nohamahamoud2002 @gm4queen @the_sweetroad  

4 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

... BTW is this a bad time to point out you just broke your own decree that "...THAT pigeon Inzaghi ..."  would never be in another poll. 

The promise was made only for forum wide polls. Not add subtract polls. :D

hair-whip-suga.gif

• LOL 6
  • Thirsty 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

1. Would you rather?

Be a member of BTS

Participate in Eurovision

What about none of the abs, I mean above?:D

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

Go to a karaoke bar with So Ji Sub?