[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest muffyn

Aha aha the end is near now I am fairly certain SN will be made empress in these next few episodes!!! See in that new preview ep 19 WY wears this new attire with his hair done up that's the exact one he wears in ep 1 during the coronation of the empress. Okay, so maybe my prediction is baseless but usually in sageuks a character wears a certain attire for a few eps before donning another one (I say usually because sometimes a character can don several outfits and switch around with them for ten eps or so before getting a new complete set of outfits for another ten eps) Anyways congrats to the cast of empress ki for winning awards and happy new year! <:-P

\0//new preview! though we don't learn more than we already do, it's good to see SN & WY finally having some time together that is not for plotting & schemingit'll also be interesting to see how TH character will develop now that SN isn't by his side, what kind of man will he become now?
as for SN going back to her old self & wearing boy clothes, I think WY's agreement with ET implied that she is to be freed from being the emperor's subject so now WY can take her back in as one of his "men" because that's what she originally was, so yeah no maid duties anymore <:-P

SN-WY together and smiling like the good old days looks awesome in Ep 19 preview. WY seems to get the upper hand over ET. Dunno how this could be coming back to bite him later.(We know that it surely is-there is never a one street all win here guys) TH is definitely upset having lost his precious palace maid.(Especially with WY nursing her and all) LOLI like it that TH has more political stuff to worry about(directly translates to ET) so he will not just be sitting and whining over [TEMPORARY] loss of SN. I bet next 2 eps are gonna be DEABAK. Can't wait

Guest larabn

@cacazeel
I really love your banners Dear :x will be checking your tumblr frequently then ;)

@SMP567
the best thing about next ep is the old SN comes back HOORAY!!!!!!!!!
no serving tea or being bothered by Sniff Sniff (dangkise :)) )
now she can point her arrows at his nose whenever he comes close to her
back to badass happy SN....... :)
but she will switch roles with TH since he will be the sad one now :(

lindearist said: Yaaaay for the new preview! How cute :3 WY & SN will be closer now together. :x BUT RIGHT NOW, I REALLY PITY OUR BABY EMPEROR  :(( The way he looked at SN & WY together was just so heartbreaking =((  But because our SN is happy with him, I'm fine with that :) Don't lose hope paeha! We really want to see you becoming a man and fight for SN's heart! And same to WY! cheona, please take care of SN for this days okay?  :\">
@minnie0103 thank you for sharing the new preview! Happy New Year!! :-h 

Happy New Year, everybody! Let`s hope the show will keep its quality in 2014. I still have reservation about awarding dramas that still have more to go (I saw that MBC is not a singular case) but it is not the actors`s fault. They did their job, acting. Congratulations! Maybe it is a good thing for other MBC dramas next year  because they have a chance winning something at the next awards. Or they will nominate EK again for the other 32 episodes? :)

I managed to watched the last episodes. It was so good. I really like the tension they build in this episode. A couple of things I want to say. First the rats! OMG! I was screaming louder than the maids and my beloved emperor! And Seung Nyang took the little mouse with her hand. AAAHHHH! I still got chills thinking about them. I hate rats and mice, OK? I can`t believe that I was rooting for Jerry when I was a child. Wang Yoo`s plan to bring rats to the palace have been a success. With people like me in that palace and with all those superstitious people, no wonder.

I am glad Huizong decided to change. It is so sad that he feels so alone in the court. He has to get more support. The acting incompetence is like a two-edged sword. Tal Tal and Baek Ah will be on his side but he has to show them first that he is not the puppet emperor. Please explain to me why Huizong is illiterate. I get that he is not a threat to El temur this way but why he is uneducated in the first place. I thought that the royal family wants the best education for all their children. I never heard about an illiterate monarch until this movie. He grow up without education?
I love the moment with Huizong and SeungNyang on the bridge. :x  His eunuch is so lovely. She sends Sung Nyang to comfort him knowing that she is the only one who could do that. He needs someone like SN to give him strength, to motivate him. Too bad her heart is not with him. I loved more the moment when Huizong covers her ears telling her he wants to challenge the Prime Minister because she saw his weak side.That moment was bittersweet for me. I was proud of him that he finally wakes up from his auto inflicted ignorance and decides that he can not bear any longer to be this weak. But I feel for him because he is longing for true affection, because he is in love with a woman that doesn`t love him back. But that woman was the closest friend he had, he admires her and feels safe around her. I not fault him for being so clingy and selfish, I understand why he is this way but I want to see him mature quickly. I feel sorry for Wang Yoo and Seung Nyang too, for their unfulfilled love. I don`t ship any couple in this drama. Maybe because I know that all involved in this love triangle will be heartbroken in the end. =((

Wang Yoo is very confident; he challenged El Temur already and he is more efficient in that without many resources in a foreign country. He has good loyal people, he has courage, intelligence, good looking,  he has the love of Seungnyang, all the ladies admire him. He is perfect. He is the perfect hero. But I am more emotional over the young emperor trying to overcome his condition.
Wang Yoo`s plan worked wonders but I liked that Dasngkise`s contra-plan was good too. Not that I wanted to succeed but the tension was good. Too bad El Temur doesn`t appreciate his sons at all. He is an horrible ruler and father. I can`t wait for his downfall.

I loved the scene where Seung Nyang was fascinated by the show shadows and Wang Yoo saw her smiling and smiled too. And when he was so happy thinking that SN will come to him but was dissapointed instead. I like to see WY smiling. Oh, How can I forgot about Huizong trying to stay awake? :))

I am waiting for next episodes.

Did you guys see this vid before? Very well made fanvid 

It was made since long time ago but I haven't seen anyone post it yet.The song was also well chosen. Its lyric matches well with Wang Yoo - Seung Nyang's future loveline

Though I wish to go, I can notThough I wish to embrace you, I can notFor your fingertips have reached my heart
Without looking, I see youWithout listening, I hear youCarried by the wind as I fly away and scatteredScattered into your heart.  So touching, isn't it? :x

Peaha even with SN so close to him he still misses her (when sick) just cannot imagine now SN leaving the Palace and with WY? I am wth jeenee in this, already feeling Peaha's pains of having to face his daily life without SN.
I have a feeling he is going to fell sick and SN will have no choice but to come back and help nurse him?

Yeorobun, Happy New Year!  Hope everyone got through their respective festivities safe and sound and without major injuries or emergency room visits. :))

Thanks to @kaeruchan for posting the EK Special portions, since I have yet to find a torrent of the entire show for sharing just yet. And just as a heads-up, in the past few days MBC has instituted a crackdown on alleged copyright violations of people re-posting shows or snippets or fan-made videos if said media does not pass their own Dangkise-style Sniff Test.  Even though I know the law and my video was created under the Fair Use Doctrine, I still received a warning regarding my SectionTV cut I put up on YT, so I removed it from this Forum and will re-post it somewhere else shortly.  You want to mess with me, Big 3 Network?  You got another thing coming.  HA.  X(

This is proof positive that there are bots monitoring Soompi day and night, so please do not get annoyed at me if I ask to not post streaming links as that is a big red flag to said copyright holders looking to maintain control over their product.  With EK becoming part of the Collective Korean Conscience now, MBC is only going to get more strict in their policing and I do not want Soompi to become part of their Scorched Earth Policy.  If you have any questions, PM me and I will explain.

That being said, it's back to your regularly-scheduled programming... which is MY HEART IS BREAKING FOR EMPEROR PUPPY!!! :((  Granted, Seung-nyang just cannot pour tea for him and wash his face for the next 20 episodes until her Empress-ness comes into being, but DAMN if their separation was just so abrupt and not expected.  It's going to take some major cojones for Ta Hwan to not go all Hulk on the Palace for this new development, but that boy needs to man up... and man up he's gonna do!!  I am DYING for Episode 19 to get here -- only 4 days, 4 hours and 19 seconds to go!!!  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

I would actually love to see a shot of TN's face since she thinks WY fancies her. Just wait to see her face crack when she realized that it was SN all along who was in the middle of that love triangle all along :))

TN's misery is my happiness >:)

Where are my manners? Happy New Year!!! :D

Guest anjshin

CherKell said:
That being said, it's back to your regularly-scheduled programming... which is MY HEART IS BREAKING FOR EMPEROR PUPPY!!! :((  Granted, Seung-nyang just cannot pour tea for him and wash his face for the next 20 episodes until her Empress-ness comes into being, but DAMN if their separation was just so abrupt and not expected.  It's going to take some major cojones for Ta Hwan to not go all Hulk on the Palace for this new development, but that boy needs to man up... and man up he's gonna do!!  I am DYING for Episode 19 to get here -- only 4 days, 4 hours and 19 seconds to go!!!  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Guest missred123

@ minnie

Thanks for the link for pre-v

How did ET brake the new to TH that SN is no longer to serve him and has to leave with Mr. Perfect. Maybe that's when he shed a tear in front of ET.

How is he going to sleep without his bed time story, a cup of tea and 3 steps behind him. Thank goodness he has Golta. BTW, did Golta give the poison to the wrong person??

@misstear

Love the fanvid. Wasn't that song from Queen Seon Deok. Love that song to pieces.