[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Omo. I am 32 pages behind the thread, so before I start reading the pages that I wasn't able to read right away, I'd like to post my congratulatory message to all the real and reel casts of Empress Ki. Empress Ki won't be Empress Ki without these casts and staffs, so "Manse! Manse! Manse!" 
Ha Ji Won, Joo Jin Mo, Ji Chang Wook, Baek Jin Hee, and even the supporting actors/actresses - they sure know how to live their characters in Empress Ki, so it's really nice that their hardwork have been paid off. What a way to end the year with those bags of awards. All hail Empress Ki!~ 
Back to reading. Hihi. Lol. :) Advance Happy New Year to all of us!  (。◕‿◕。) 

Guest niknokdagu425

Seriously i really find JJM such a snobbish person i just saw some fancams and he isnt the type who is friendly just being honest,no offense to his fans

Guest Nayuki Tran

How the f*** did Seungi and Suzy get that darn couple award? They acted like brother and sister in that darn drama. Their romance was way worse than in K2H. And top excellent award for Suzy? Such a joke. 

to all the empress ki soompers here
HAPPY NEW YEAR  \:D/
may all your wishes come true this year :)
whether you want to be actresses or actors like HJW, JJM and JCW
or empresses like SN or emperors like TH

and the best gift for 2014 is hope we can join the cast of empress ki in the makeup department, they seriously will take us in to fix their experiments

one lipstick here........and let's add a little of eyeliner there..........poof!!!!!!!!!
our theory out of this experiment is.....
"If you add pink lipstick to WY and TH you are ruining their looks and making clowns out of them :-w and eye liner makes them look in their 90's"

Guest anjshin

extending my HAPPY NEW YEAR greetings to all Empress Ki team and followers,. let's welcome 2014 with love, happiness and peace.

from yours truly, with love.

~anjshin. Philippines <:-P <:-P <:-P

Guest Ding Lin

JJM's acceptance speech~~~~

He has a very nice voice :)!  After watching his laid back behavior, I finally understood what he said in an interview that he would like to be an actor, not a star! Bravo to JJM!! 

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1MzM1ODU2.html

Guest minnie0103

You guys are awesome! :D I left the thread last night an hour before the 2013 MBC Drama Awards started because I had to do a live report on both facebook and twitter. My last post was on page 431, now, I just came back and you're on page 453. I'm too lazy to read the 22 pages...
Anyway, congratulations to team Empress Ki!!! =D> 7 awards... that's why the drama and everyone should prove even more that the awards given to them are rightfully theirs. 
I was in glee when Joo Jin Mo said he'll take care of Seung Nyang until the very end during his acceptance speech. *Keep your word, Joo Jin Mo sshi. ;;)
That's all for now, Happy New Year, everyone!!! 'Wishing you all the best this 2014! :)

I'm worried about something...since this drama will be airing till april 2014 and since they took many awards this year already, will Empress Ki still be eligible as nominees for the MBC drama awards 2014?. Can Ha ji won still be nominated for daesang for the same drama next year? just wanted to know.

"Empress Qi" Ha Ji Won gets the MBC Grand Prize

1508177_626588120739564_59458127_n.jpg

Ha Ji Won became the winner of the MBC Grand Prize.

Ha Ji Won received the highlight of the 2013 MBC Acting Awards that was held in Yeouido on the 30th.

She's currently playing the lead role in the MBC drama "Empress Qi" as Ki Seung Nyang and is responsible for the leading MBC ahead of others. She won the most honorable award of the night.

Ha Ji Won manages to pull off mellow, action and comedy acts in the drama about a woman who was taken to the Yuan Dynasty as a court lady and somehow made her way up to empress. She's managed to take the drama to the top of the list and has shown amazing team work as well.

This is Ha Ji Won's second Grand Prize. She's already won it twice in 2006 for "Hwang Jin Yi". She was nominated for Grand Prize with "Secret Garden" two years ago but was beat by Go Hyun Jung from "Daemul - Big Thing".

Ha Ji Won was listed for 'this year's Actress Award' and 'the most Popular Award' selected by the viewers. It's like she's been acknowledged as one with contributiveness, acting skills and popularity.

The drama itself was also on fire on this day. Other than the three awards given to Ha Ji Won, the drama collected 7 other trophies and made it a day. Joo Jin Mo in the role of the king won the Best Actor in the special edition category, Ji Chang Wook in the role of Ta Hwan won the Great Acting Award and Baek Jin Hee in the role of Tanasili won the Rookie Actress Award. The writers Jung Kyung-soon-I and Jang Yeong Cheol won Best Writers.

Lee Seung Gi the MC also stood out. He played the role of half-man half animal in the drama "Gu Family Book" and won the Best Acting Award in the Mini Series Category as well as The Most Popular Actor and Best Couple. Suzy, Lee Seung Gi's MC partner also took home two awards.

This Year's Drama Award went to "A Hundred Year's Inheritance". It was the only one with the highest percentage this year. It was written by Koo Hyun Sook who won the Best Writer and Lee Jung Jin was given the Best Actor in Soap Opera Category. Actress Park Won Sook was given the Achievement Award.

This year's MBC Awards divided the dramas into 3 categories; mini-series, special edition and soap opera within which an Outstanding Award and Grand Prize were given out for each.

Source: http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2013123100094623811&type=1&outlink=1
via http://www.hancinema.net/empress-qi-ha-ji-won-gets-the-mbc-grand-prize-64393.html

Joo Jin Mo is well known as a very honest person. After knowing that he will join with Wonnie, I searched and watched many his talk shows and interviews, Joo Jin Mo always answers any question without thinking much first  =)) really really honest one :))  You can watch his Golden Fishery talk show last year on MBC channel, very interesting :)) That's why when I watched his speech, "I must keep Seung Nyang till the end", 100% it's Wang Yoo's feeling now and my little fan girl's heart is deeply moved :x :x
MBC's just released a news, it's said that they will focus on love triangle more from now on... Individually, I wonder if it's a good news since this drama's a little messy now... aigoo...
And, Happy New Year guys, soooo happy to meet and comt with you guys in this Empress Ki's thread :x :x

@briseis
thanks for the pics
JCW's hair is flying even with all the sprays in the world
it looks really dry.......maybe because of all the hair extensions...styles and wigs in EK
it has made his hair extra dry.....it needs a whole bottle of conditioner now  :(