[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest minnie0103

@shaym If it's true that Baek Jin Hee's Tanashiri will only last up to Episode 30 and if we follow the original script that Seung Nyang and Ta Hwan are married by Episode 30 also, it means there will be no second Empress before Empress Ki because as you said, it will just make the story long. The princess is more likely the one that will go in between Seung Nyang and Wang Yoo, plus the idea posted by @misstear. :)

Seeing the English sub trailer of Episode 19, It's so nice that for once Wang Yoo and Seung Nyang can actually smile while wandering around the Imperial Palace. However, it feels like those scenes would be the calm before the storm. I wonder what the storm's name is - will it be "El Temur"? "Dangkise"? "Yeom Bum Soo"? "Baek Ahn?" "Tanashiri?" "Queen Dowager"? or, "Tae Hwan?" 
Seeing how affected Tae Hwan is, I bet more actions will take place in and out of the palace. And that's worth anticipating for. I personally like seeing the three of the leads react whenever they are standing near one another. Haha. 

minnie0103 said: @shaym If it's true that Baek Jin Hee's Tanashiri will only last up to Episode 30 and if we follow the original script that Seung Nyang and Ta Hwan are married by Episode 30 also, it means there will be no second Empress before Empress Ki because as you said, it will just make the story long. The princess is more likely the one that will go in between Seung Nyang and Wang Yoo, plus the idea posted by @misstear. :)

Guest larabn

@cacazeel
is that SN smiling...when did she smile like that .........omo she has a very pretty smile
in this banner :x
maybe it's like this with the editing but I really like her smile here♥

Guest larabn

cacazeel said: EP 14--around 00:18:57 this was when she was getting ready to meet WY(remember WY's scene when he was looking in the mirror and getting ready himself lol, this scene was after that.)yes, she has a very pretty smile, i hope she continues to smile more in the coming episodes :)

I just read a few pages ago that Seung- Nyang and Ta Hwan will be separated 20 ep  from now and  I want to say one thing: NO!! it can’t be , I do not agree, No way Jose!!!!!!!!!!! .. the script must be rewritten. One or two episodes may be, but 20… is too much for me end the Emperor  J

Oh no! this is not a Happy New Year is only a new one because it is starting like this. What can I say !?!  Happy New Year for everyone because mine  just  gone ....my beloved emperor ottoke??

petria said: Ten days without Empress KI!
Four days more ahead.
What a disaster! I even miss El Plague!
~:>

Dear @PeggyM, we are all here one happy family, Wang Yoo`s shippers and Ta Hwan`s shippers are getting along on this thread just fine.
And it`s very amusing, people are great.

As for the wedding, it is, you know, the question of all the questions. After very serious study of facial expressions of the three (lool, we have lost our minds!), a few theories about it were born (lol!), they have one thing in common, it will be for love, but we still don`t know for who :)) The story would probably be dull if we knew that in advance.
I, personally, don`t think that the wedding is the end of the story and I think that Sung Nyang is in some sort of love with both her men.

Come back, El Plague, come back, I`ll forgive you everything! :P

carmens said:

I just read a few pages ago that Seung- Nyang and Ta Hwan will be separated 20 ep  from now and  I want to say one thing: NO!! it can’t be , I do not agree, No way Jose!!!!!!!!!!! .. the script must be rewritten. One or two episodes may be, but 20… is too much for me end the Emperor  J

Oh no! this is not a Happy New Year is only a new one because it is starting like this. What can I say !?!  Happy New Year for everyone because mine  just  gone ....my beloved emperor ottoke??

So as I was listening to Queen Seondeok's OST, a thought arrived...
If I'm not mistaken, somewhere in the last episodes SN asked TH if he could reinstate WY as King... now that TH has lost SN, maybe in order to recover her back, he'll force WY (with ED's help) to marry princess Seo Hwa (I think that's the name that's been mentioned); so that he can be re-instated as King and save his people. So just like Yu-Sin that was forced to marry into Mi-Sil's family so that he can save his Gaya people thus sacrificing his love for Deokman... WY will end up doing the same... however something goes wrong with that marriage (maybe this is where Batolu's daughter comes back, maybe she kills her or something), and since WY wife is a Yuan's princess, WY will be sentenced to death and that's where SN comes to save him and marries TH becoming an Empress. And probably that's the reason why during the coronation WY is there as an already re-instated King - it seems he's not dethroned there anymore-
On another note, I do like SN's new suit... I think since she's rooming with WY and crew she had to look like one of them... or maybe they had no other clothes to lend her, I mean, they've been leeching off the Yuan empire right, so I guess they don't have extra money to go and get some girl's clothing... probably Bang used the tea burnt robe to make SN' suit...  She just wants to be one of the gang... I love this chic...

Oh yeah , I forgot , Huizon will have a son , Lady Park is one who has accepted the difficult task of seducing  him and provide blood line to the throne ,  also taught to him to wipe his  mouth when eating… and what else ? ... Puahhhh ... that pissed me off .

He and her beeng  some national breeders to the Queen Mother satisfaction  that pissed me off.

So I see that everyone around him including the Empress Dowager look at him as an useless  stupid puppy.  Now you tell me,  besides Seung- Nyang  which  he loves and trusts who else can help Ta Hwan " to grow "? ? Maybe his own child when will be born and TH will feel something  for him?

Dad Love? Ha!

Ha ... no one else besides SN advised him and showed him how to be brave and win the trust of the people around him ,  those people who should value him,  worship him and accept to give his life for him ... in the short time they were together in the GORIO, SN  taught him  a lot about what and when to show the courage and fight for himself and for the right things  .

"It was the first time I did something for me " Ta Hwan told to Golta when he recalled about Seung - Nyang the only friend he had ...

And you say that I should wait him 20 episodes to grow up without Seung Nyang?? I'll wait because I have no choice but

without Seung- Nyang who else teaches him how to become truly a wise king ? ? Golta ? Empress Dowager  Who says “just wait”??!! ... The magnificent El Terror???, I must admit he opened his eyes on something  ... " the stupid is mastered by fear" and  Ta Hwan puppy  as it is quickly understood and the next day  was included in the program the  writing and reading tasks ... Ha!!  This not look  like I thought  but seems like  El Temor  himself will be the best  teacher and he will be also  the motivation to learn…………oooooooooooooooo ... no mercy ! 

This week without Empress Ki makes me look like this while hanging around at my husband fighting studio...

<---gif removed by loli... not related to the drama/thread-->

Then going to SPA for some massage...

Back at home.. Talking to my brother that also following EK diligently... He's reacting the same way too...

Jump on my bed...

I seriously need some professional help here......

Are we sure that Kim Min Jung wasn't supposed to be Tanashiri? That article said she was supposed to be already shooting with them back in China unless it was just to get some China scenes. I just find it weird that nothing has been said about her since then. It's not like KMJ is some unknown actress.

LOL That gif of JJM and the actress giving him the flower reminds of a segment interview he had with Song Seung Hun and Han Hye Jin's brother in law (forgot the actor's name lol) during a CF. There was this adjumma who was all up his business. I was like OMG! :))

I do need to know what he said to SSH when he was talking about shooting My Princess with KTH. He sounded jealous lmao

While we are in this waiting mode for Empress Ki to continue, I have been thinking about some possible plot scenarios. I think we may have a while to go before Seungnyang becomes Empress and even when she does she will have to deal Bayan's niece. According to history, one of Bayan's clan becomes Empress after Tanashiri is banished/killed. Empress Ki only becomes secondary empress after Bayan is ousted. Yes, it was possible back then to have more than one empress. This is where Kim Min Jung may come in hence the filming in China.There was another actress, Yoon Ah-Jung, cast as a Yuan Princess that is married off to a Goryeo King. Perhaps Wang Yoo? in return for him returning to his throne? Wang Yoo would have to decide whether he wants the throne or Seungnyang more. This could be a sticking point with their relationship and may drive her back to Taehwan. I think the Empress Dowager is pushing marriage to keep power and control of Goryeo. Taehwan would also approve as it gets Wang Yoo out of the way. Also, Taehwan did mention in his meeting with Wang Yoo that returning concubines/maids to Goryeo were treated like tramps (translator's words not mine) by the people of Goryeo. So, returning to Goryeo may not be a viable option for Seungnyang unless she lives life like a pariah. Another historical note is that Empress Ki's family was exterminated by the King of Goryeo when her older brother Ki Cheol came to threaten the power of the throne. This could another issue for Seungnyang and Wang Yoo, loyalty to family vs. love. Empress Ki sent troops to Goryeo after the incident and assigned a new King. It would be interesting if her brothers make an appearance in the drama.Also, did anybody find it ironic the Byung Soo (plague's namesake) actually got the plague?