[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest united06

Thanks for the Awards updates everyone - just finished reading them~! ^-^
I spent a week cursing the Awards for robbing us of a whole week of Empress Ki, but given the outcome, I guess I can't really complain! :D WOOT WOOT, every award is completely deserved~!!! ♥
This is the first time (ever!) I'm completely torn over two male leads. I've been ship-hopping multiple times every episode, or even in a single scene! :( :(
Like this scene:
image-6808_52C162A9.jpg

I started off shipping our poor puppy - such a sweet scene seriously! Then Yoo's eyes gahhhhhh! *jumped ship* And then they mess with my already tumultuous emotions and cut between the two repeatedly, again and again! T.T
Is it so terrible of me to want Nyangie to two-time? :(

Guest larabn

petria said: As for Sung Nyang`s new outfit: looks like tailors had a lot of leftovers after the football match; her clothes is now in the colors of both teams, in purple and in blue!!!
Bad, bad girl! :))

@rinchan76 : great observation! =D>
Dong Yi (which is btw a very good drama) is a perfect example of the complexity of palace conspiracies, it gave me a better understanding of a court internal workings where, more often than not, the actual powerful figures are not the ones we see on the picture

@misstear : can't blame the lady, he's one fine man
:x

Guest minnie0103

I have come up with an idea.
Based on the preview, Seung Nyang is now free to be with Wang Yoo and join the Goryeo team with Eunuch Bang, Moo Song, and Jumbak. They are freely and happily wandering around as what we've seen. What if Yeon Bi Soo (the Turk girl) suddenly comes back and joins their team as well? Didn't she and Wang Yoo have agreed to create a future together before? And that Turk girl obviously has something for Wang Yoo. I'm thinking, maybe if it happens that she joins them, she and Wang Yoo will have some interactions and we'll get to see how Seung Nyang feels jealous. Hmmm... A badass girl feeling jealous of another badass girl? That would be exciting! ;)

Guest larabn

@minnie0103

There will be no cat fight or hair pulling between these women......

But they will fight with swords and arrow shooting :))

and the deal is whoever dies in the fight doesn't get WY :|

Guest larabn

whether it's SN or WY they both are gorgeous and have strong rivals.... WY is attracting all the ladies while SN is attracting all the men
I guess both men and women in yuan times like strong figures :) who doesn't :)
our emperor is gorgeous too :) he will be our shining knight too once he becomes a strong man

Guest minnie0103

larabn said: whether it's SN or WY they both are gorgeous and have strong rivals.... WY is attracting all the ladies while SN is attracting all the men but our emperor is gorgeous too :) he will be our shining knight too once he becomes a strong man

Guest larabn

minnie0103 said:
Well said. :) We've seen all the men got jealous seeing Seung Nyang with another man. Examples: Wang Yoo - when he saw Seung Nyang and Ta Hwan feeling cozy together on the bridge; Ta Hwan - every time he felt that Seung Nyang was always thinking of Wang Yoo; and Dang Ki Se - when he saw Seung Nyang and Wang Yoo's hug on the bridge. Now, I'd like to see how a girl like Seung Nyang gets jealous. ;)

minnie0103 said: I have come up with an idea.
Based on the preview, Seung Nyang is now free to be with Wang Yoo and join the Goryeo team with Eunuch Bang, Moo Song, and Jumbak. They are freely and happily wandering around as what we've seen. What if Yeon Bi Soo (the Turk girl) suddenly comes back and joins their team as well? Didn't she and Wang Yoo have agreed to create a future together before? And that Turk girl obviously has something for Wang Yoo. I'm thinking, maybe if it happens that she joins them, she and Wang Yoo will have some interactions and we'll get to see how Seung Nyang feels jealous. Hmmm... A badass girl feeling jealous of another badass girl? That would be exciting! ;)

@minnie0103
I think she did get jealous some times, when Wang Yoo had just come to the palace and everytime Dowager talked about the marriage with Yuan princesses.I wonder if they let Batoru back cos she's not a person being able to enter the palace...If they go as the novel's storyline, there will be a princess whom Wang Yoo has to marry with and she'll get on the stage after Seung Nyang sits on the throne and wears the empress crown. (Maybe it's Kim Min Jung's role?)
But I think there will be some misunderstandings between Wang Yoo and Seung Nyang, as you guys said before... According to some lines I read, it's written: "Instead of talking, Empress Ki looked at King Chung Hye and almost said out loud 'please tell me your true feelings this time!' but she didnt do that and turned back"...
Oh... my little heart :((
@larabn
Yup, Seung Nyang's the character we can't predict easily what she is thinking about and what she will do if the writers-nim just let her forget about her father's revenge like that, which makes me think maybe in future, she can have 180-degree attitude change anytime :|

Guest minnie0103

@larabn It would be nice to see Seung Nyang fighting for her love and make it hard for her rival. She's not the type who will give up right away. But to make it easier, just grab Wang Yoo's hand and capture his heart. ;)

@shaym I guess the princess that the Empress Dowager has mentioned is the one that will be played by Kim Min Jung in the future. She was reported as one of Ha Ji Won's rivals in the drama, but has not yet appeared. So far, Tanashiri and Yeon Hwa are her only rivals. Here's the article about Min Jung's casting: http://dramabucks.com/drama/kim-min-jung-ha-ji-won-to-showdown-their-beauty-in-empress-ki/

minnie0103 said: @shaym I guess the princess that the Empress Dowager has mentioned is the one that will be played by Kim Min Jung in the future. She was reported as one of Ha Ji Won's rivals in the drama, but has not yet appeared. So far, Tanashiri and Yeon Hwa are her only rivals. Here's the article about Min Jung's casting: http://dramabucks.com/drama/kim-min-jung-ha-ji-won-to-showdown-their-beauty-in-empress-ki/

Guest minnie0103

@misstear That was insightful. We have the same guess that the princess might be Kim Min Jung's role since she's the only one who hasn't appeared yet. For now, I'll enjoy watching a smiling and happy Seung Nyang and Wang Yoo in the preview while waiting for the new episode before the major heartbreak in the future. :)

Guest larabn

@misstear and @minnie0103
the best part about SN being jealous is she gets mad and follows him and acts according to her jealousy and grabs him and BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kisses him lol
we would get our first kiss in the drama and it should make his heart fall out :))
or for Th shippers she will go to TH instead :))