WOAHHHHHH How can Choi Young be so dmned hot and manly? Seriously I think I will never be able to fall in love because of Lee Min Ho XD, I am comparing every guy with him :P. Am I the only one?

And I want to see CY and ES together again, I think by that time there will be love feelings from both of them, especially CY. I think he has fallen deep for her, that scene with the water reminded me of him falling so deep that he isnt able to come above the water. And then suddenly its spring! Which means he has a reason to live, because he has found his true destiny in ES. Thats what I think of that scene.

More CY please!!!

And gotta love ES for her witty comments and her being so brave.

I just realized a couple of somethings:  1.  From the recaps, I'm not sure KC realizes that the boy king took the poison by his own hand, that CY wasn't the one who made that choice for him.  He thinks his worldview that people serve only their own interests is confirmed but boy-howdy, is he wrong, wrong, wrong >:) ; and 2.  When KC was informed of CY's escape, he reasoned the first place CY would go was to the Woodalchi and barring that, to Gong Min but the first place he went was to ES!!!!! :x Heart palpitations - I'm swooning even more!  I wonder just how aware CY is of his feelings for ES and how deep they go?  I'm not sure ES is aware of her heart stirring as much as she is of missing CY and worrying about him; she did admit to being rather dense about this stuff.  I do think it is sweet that she was willing to let her heart go to KC if it would free CY.  8->

I'm with you @farstrep in not being too into CY's new hairstyle.  I loved his hair up to now and this one is a bit wonky to me with the higher ponytail and half his hair up and half down.  I don't know; I guess I'll get used to it. 

Guest Anomalous

Kim_Lilly said: @farstrep I think it's the complete opposite xD Since they didn't get to bathe a lot they need to change clothes more often to remain reasonably "clean". Maybe Choe Yeong bathed, that's why his hais looks straighter by the end AHEUAHEUHEAU It would be a pity to put on that gorgeous armor while stinking :-& :))
But then again, aren't all of them royalty or palace's people?? Except for Udalchi and DeoGi, I think everyone of our main characters bathe regularly :)

Anomalous said: OMG!!! :))  Were you guys discussing if people bathe in Faith? =))
I'm not sure myself. We need a bathing scene to confirm this, preferably with CY and his men. Throw Jang Bin and Eom Ja in for good measure too. :D The perverted Faith ladies will go wild if this happen though. ;) =)) They might not come out of the show alive. :))

I notice in most sageuks, they rarely show men bathing, mostly the women. Double standard. [-X

Guest saladyum

pallycute said: Wow General Choi Young new hairstyle ;;)

I'm okay with this hairstyle, honestly I'm bored with Lee Minho's bangs eventough he looks more pretty handsome with it kekeke..So I feel fresh with his new hairstyle :)>- 

Guest Anomalous

hayuinblue said: yup. agree with you. it's so rare to find those scene
so how about asking the writer to give us a scene where they bath on the river together (CY, JB, EJ, & all of our favorite warrior)
or maybe a fight scene on the river
oh..how i love fighting scene in the rain when they get wet and ..their clothes cling to the body

i suppose they're gonna need to dry those clothes
right ?
;;) =P~ =P~

Anomalous said: OMG!!! :))  Were you guys discussing if people bathe in Faith? =))
I'm not sure myself. We need a bathing scene to confirm this, preferably with CY and his men. Throw Jang Bin and Eom Ja in for good measure too. :D The perverted Faith ladies will go wild if this happen though. ;) =)) They might not come out of the show alive. :))

I notice in most sageuks, they rarely show men bathing, mostly the women. Double standard. [-X

Guest farstrep

Initially, Eun Soo's face is nonchalant when she witnesses the King and Queen donning Goryeo attire but she looks uncharacteristically grave when she spies Choi Young from afar, marching into the royal court with the rest of the Woodalchi. She's not her perky self, happy or surprised when she sees him officially freed. It's like there's this awareness she is watching history in the making. She's expecting Choi Young to be conferred the title of a general as per the history books. I'm not sure if she blames herself for the slight alteration in the fate of the former King as opposed to the actual history (the former King is not supposed to die so early), but she is aware of the fact that history has changed somewhat because of her, so I suspect she might be more careful with her actions around Choi Young and the royal family in the future because of the implications her actions might bear on them. I don't know about you guys but I feel their love journey has just become more treacherous and tougher.

Actually, had Ki Chul not been a bad guy in this series, he could have passed off as a gentleman. In this episode, he behaves like a gentleman around Eun Soo, helping her up the horse when others could have done the job for him. While they are traveling behind Choi Young, who's been caged up, he turns around to check on her to make sure she is riding comfortably and is traveling within their entourage.

Guest Anomalous

saladyum said:

Oh our General has a new hairstyle! Live streaming in my place stopped at the last minute so i only got to see his new hair just now.

I agree with you. i much prefer this style actually. His hair in eps 1-8 somehow feels Chinese wuxia, while this new style looks more Korean sageuk. It's a personal impression as I've watched only a handful of Korean historical dramas so do correct me if i'm wrong. In any cases, those fierce clear eyes are too expressive to be hidden, bangs must go! LOL

I've just watched ep 7 with sub. Thank you Viki Faith team! I was wondering why EunSoo avoids Choe Young's eyes at the end of ep 7. Rewatching the ep now i think she can't bear to see CY kneel down, forced and trapped. She's not angry with him at that moment, she just feels sorry so she cries. But I'm still wondering why she backs away from CY earlier, telling him to not touch her with his "dirty hands." It seems she has a really strong aversion to blood / blood smell. But she's a doctor, isn't she? Also I don't think ES is as literal as she sounds - disliking blood for blood smell. There must be other reason(s) somewhere. I hope ES & CY will communicate so their misunderstanding will be cleared as soon as possible. Her words have power on CY, it would be a pain if CY restrains from holding her in later episodes, if he believes that his hands are too bloody to touch her.

Guest Anomalous

farstrep said:

Initially, Eun Soo's face is nonchalant when she witnesses the King and Queen donning Goryeo attire but she looks uncharacteristically grave when she spies Choi Young from afar, marching into the royal court with the rest of the Woodalchi. She's not her perky self, happy or surprised when she sees him officially freed. It's like there's this awareness she is watching history in the making. She's expecting Choi Young to be conferred the title of a general as per the history books. I'm not sure if she blames herself for the slight alteration in the fate of the former King as opposed to the actual history (the former King is not supposed to die so early), but she is aware of the fact that history has changed somewhat because of her, so I suspect she might be more careful with her actions around Choi Young and the royal family in the future because of the implications her actions might bear on them. I don't know about you guys but I feel their love journey has just become more treacherous and tougher.

Actually, had Ki Chul not been a bad guy in this series, he could have passed off as a gentleman. In this episode, he behaves like a gentleman around Eun Soo, helping her up the horse when others could have done the job for him. While they are traveling behind Choi Young, who's been caged up, he turns around to check on her to make sure she is riding comfortably and is traveling within their entourage.

Guest Tinkiebell

saladyum said:

Oh our General has a new hairstyle! Live streaming in my place stopped at the last minute so i only got to see his new hair just now.

I agree with you. i much prefer this style actually. His hair in eps 1-8 somehow feels Chinese wuxia, while this new style looks more Korean sageuk. It's a personal impression as I've watched only a handful of Korean historical dramas so do correct me if i'm wrong. In any cases, those fierce clear eyes are too expressive to be hidden, bangs must go! LOL

I've just watched ep 7 with sub. Thank you Viki Faith team! I was wondering why EunSoo avoids Choe Young's eyes at the end of ep 7. Rewatching the ep now i think she can't bear to see CY kneel down, forced and trapped. She's not angry with him at that moment, she just feels sorry so she cries. But I'm still wondering why she backs away from CY earlier, telling him to not touch her with his "dirty hands." It seems she has a really strong aversion to blood / blood smell. But she's a doctor, isn't she? Also I don't think ES is as literal as she sounds - disliking blood for blood smell. There must be other reason(s) somewhere. I hope ES & CY will communicate so their misunderstanding will be cleared as soon as possible. Her words have power on CY, it would be a pain if CY restrains from holding her in later episodes, if he believes that his hands are too bloody to touch her.

She doesn't dislike blood because of the smell, she dislikes blood for what it represents, especially in that particular scene. 
It seems a lot of people expect that ES would automatically have this "knight in the shining armor" view of CY. Well, let's rewind a few episodes, let's say.. back to episode 1 and remind ourselves this:
She was kidnapped. By whom? Yes, that's right, by Choi Young. He kidnapped her and brought her to this strange place against her will. And on top of that, the first time she met him, he just curtly cut off some stranger's neck to assess her. So yeah, even though many people seem to forget this, but ES's first impression of CY? The guy who kidnapped her and just attempted murder. Well yeah, sure CY is sizzling hot and all that, but generally speaking, who's looking forward to being kidnapped by some random stranger? Nobody.
Despite him being her kidnapper, she was able to come to a point where she trusts him. Yes, she had seen him kill people. But thus far she only had seen him kill bad people, and not innocent people. 
So, not at all unjustified, the trust she had in him was shaken in that scene, as soon as she saw what CY was really capable of. He's capable of killing not only the bad guys, but also someone he's close with. 
To ES, that's horrifying. Why?  Because ES is a doctor, a healer. She saves lives. She doesn't take lives. She doesn't play God. She even took the hippocratic oath for this. So fundamentally, she despises killing. The smell of blood she kept hinting she hated, didn't literally mean she hated blood. She hated blood for what it represents: Death. 

I know this is a little off-topic (while I'm not even sure the actor has his own thread on soompi), however, this really cracks me up - Ryu Deok-hwan in the teaser of VP2 passing the torch =)) He is great as King Gongmin, however, I would really love to see this comedic side of him since he totally rocks it, maybe I check out God's Quiz ;;)

Guest klexie24

I saw this on tumblr. I don't know If this is already posted here. 
niceartwork.jpg
I love this picture it's kinda fierce and very manly. oh General Choi Young. why so gorgeous?  :D  :x  >:D<  8->

This thread moves really fast on Faith air days.  Awesome!  

This episode was really heavy with dialogue and difficult for me to understand without subs - so I definitely need to sit down and watch it again. However, I do feel like it was a turning point for the rest of the drama.  I really liked how the characters changed to new costumes as it symbolizes a make over of not only their external appearances, but a make over and new resolve of their internal characters as well.

The chemistry between ES and CY is just awesome. I mean they were just staring at each other most of the time (not even talking!), yet it the emotions between them were so intense! Any lingering doubts between KHS and LMH's pairing should have been erased from this episode.

I think the king and queen looked really prestigious when they changed their wardrobes. (Plus the hat makes the king look taller!).  I really hope that this symbolizes the end of his inferiority complex.  That was one aspect of the story I was getting a little tired of.  I mean it's episode 8 already - he really needs to stop emphasizing how he has no power or how the queen pities him.  Hopefully, from episode 9, he's going to step it up.

In the next episode, I really wish that ES escapes KC's lair on her own and does not wait around for someone to save her.  It would be nice if she could find her own way back to CY.  Even though she doesn't have physical strength, I think she is clever enough to find a way out.

OH MY HOLY GOD..

what did i miss.what did i miss for the god sake..?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate myself because i think i missed a very great two episodes..because of work..and it's so funny because all i was thinking about is Choi young XDDDD

okay i'm out to see the two episodes..and i will be back again to read your post guys..

and this..oh my gosh am i seeing new hairstyle for Our choi young..i'm dead..oh my gosh..this is soooooooooooooooooo HOT..?!!
can he become hotter than this..is hotter even a word to describe him..and am i smelling a love scent in the air..our CY and ES..are they start to feel the love that we all waiting for :x :x :x :x

i'm totally melting because of you lee min ho oppa..i swear of my god that if someone like him is exist in my life i will keep him under my pillow so no one can see him XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

i'm out to watch what i missed now..

happy to see this thread on fire <3