Kim Jae Wook 김재욱 / キム・ジェウク

Ayame

7 minutes ago, lighthearted said:

yeah I wrote this because there are people  above who describe him as "macho" and I don't think it's a possitive word to describe him. When we say that someone is macho, it often implies that he imposes his male pride on people. I can describe Alain Delon as "macho" and I dislike him for that. 
I agree with you that KJW is the new definition of sexy men: sensual, gentle and charming. He does not act "sexy" by showing his abdos and nude upper body like most of Korean actors recently. No he's not acting sexy. He IS naturally sexy. 

I wouldn't call him "macho" either but he has so many topless photos. As far as I can tell, he hates shirts. Ju Ji Hoon used to live with him and said that he walked around in his underwear all the time and did not care who was there. 

• LOL 5

51 minutes ago, Kristin Lee said:

I wouldn't call him "macho" either but he has so many topless photos. As far as I can tell, he hates shirts. Ju Ji Hoon used to live with him and said that he walked around in his underwear all the time and did not care who was there. 

Yeah I know, he even had a music performance wearing only a boxer when he was younger (thanks God :sweatingbullets:). 
 What I mean here is in this drama KJW represents an image of Ryan's mature sexiness without stripping as other actors ( SJK , PSJ, KSH, ....). Showing the upper nude body of male leads seems to be a must-have scene in K-dramas. KJW just gave some implications ( take off the watch, open one button, eye-contacts, mischievous smiles...) = enough for women to fall for him :D. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, lighthearted said:

Yeah I know, he even had a music performance wearing only a boxer when he was younger (thanks God :sweatingbullets:). 
 What I mean here is in this drama KJW represents an image of Ryan's mature sexiness without stripping as other actors ( SJK , PSJ, KSH, ....). Showing the upper nude body of male leads seems to be a must-have scene in K-dramas. KJW just gave some implications ( take off the watch, open one button, eye-contacts, mischievous smiles...) = enough for women to fall for him :D. 

Yeah, the Hedwig and the Angry Inch footage is a godsend. And not even the only time he's been publicly down to his underwear lol. He has a serious shirt allergy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kristin Lee said:

He is. They used to be roommates too and appeared at some of each other's fanmeetings and whatnot. 

They were both in  Antique Bakery (2008).

Joo Ji-hoon (from Goong and Mawang) who played as Kim Jin Hyeok, Antique's owner was the most complex character in the lot. He had this terrible past which he doesn't have closure with up until he made up the Bakeshop. Jin Hyeok does not actually like sweets because of an incident 20 years ago. The only way he could move on from that was to catch the person who inflicted trauma in his past but the story does not only revolve around him. There's more... 

Kim Jae-Wook (from Coffee Prince) as Min Seon-woo, the gay Patisserie (my favorite character) was VERY queer, charming, hot and definitely devious when it comes to making men; straight or gay fall for him. Only Jin Hyeok is the exception for some certain reason related in the past (again). He is the only guy who is able to resist his charm thoroughly up to the present but there would be some side story between their friendship and how things work out in favor for both of them in the end. 

• Like 3

Hi, first time posting because I’m reading all this with curiosity. I first saw KJW in Temperature of Love and later found out he was also in coffee prince. I really love HPL and think he’s an amazing actor. Think he has amazing chemistry with PMY, the sum of them is greater than the parts. Given their skill, think they will be able to act anywhere with anyone. 

Ive started following his ig account and looked at all his past posts since there’s not many anyway. What’s i notice is that he tags and posts about @clownryu aka Ryu Deok Hwan a lot. A bit more than you usually would even if you are very close friends. Is it a cultural thing where you can be very close with friends of the same sex and show a lot of affection? To me, end of day I guess that’s his personal life (hehehe), as someone said in the HPL thread, these actors don’t owe us anything. 

Wonder if any of you know about the background of their friendship. 

2 hours ago, hotatei said:

Hi, first time posting because I’m reading all this with curiosity. I first saw KJW in Temperature of Love and later found out he was also in coffee prince. I really love HPL and think he’s an amazing actor. Think he has amazing chemistry with PMY, the sum of them is greater than the parts. Given their skill, think they will be able to act anywhere with anyone. 

Ive started following his ig account and looked at all his past posts since there’s not many anyway. What’s i notice is that he tags and posts about @clownryu aka Ryu Deok Hwan a lot. A bit more than you usually would even if you are very close friends. Is it a cultural thing where you can be very close with friends of the same sex and show a lot of affection? To me, end of day I guess that’s his personal life (hehehe), as someone said in the HPL thread, these actors don’t owe us anything. 

Wonder if any of you know about the background of their friendship. 

KJW and RDH are really very good friends. Mr. Kim made cameo in RDH's thread “Quiz of God V" and they had a lot of interaction on IG. It is quite natural in East Asian countries to be so brotherly. 

• Like 4

On 6/2/2019 at 6:02 AM, Kristin Lee said:

He is. They used to be roommates too and appeared at some of each other's fanmeetings and whatnot. 

KJW and Ju Ji Hoon used to be roommates? From where you read the source? mind sharing?