Kim Jae Wook 김재욱 / キム・ジェウク

Ayame

On 5/13/2019 at 8:02 PM, sillygal said:

He can be cute and giving out that sext aura of his. Haha!! 

Btw, does anyone have any video clips of KJW mentioning about soccer or playing soccer? 

It's not a video, but you can read it here :

https://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/4238751.html

Btw, I prefer movies. If I like a script, a movie or I think that one character is played really well I search all the works of the scriptwriter, the director or the actor. This way I found Kim Jae Wook. In this interview he seems really thoughtful.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, belena said:

It's not a video, but you can read it here :

https://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/4238751.html

Btw, I prefer movies. If I like a script, a movie or I think that one character is played really well I search all the works of the scriptwriter, the director or the actor. This way I found Kim Jae Wook. In this interview he seems really thoughtful.

This is definitely a good read!! Thank you so much for this. And hoping to see more interviews for him. Wanna get to know him more. :D 

KJW is someone who is a very carefree with expectation and full of curiosity and I can see that he doesn't want to lose his uniqueness as he age's year by year. 

I think he could have been a soccer player if he ventures out since he has passion for it other than music and acting. 

And, the cutest thing I've read is gonna be saving the penguins from the South Pole. Seriously, how cute can he be!?!? :kiss_wink:

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Aziraphale said:

Stills of Kim Jae-wook from Her Private Life. Ryan Gold is an absolute sweetheart.

Not only an absolute sweetheart. He's definitely one in a million, filled with raw honey that everyone wants to have him. :wub:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sillygal said:

Not only an absolute sweetheart. He's definitely one in a million, filled with raw honey that everyone wants to have him. :wub:

Haha, yes. Setting new standards for k-drama male leads.

Ryan Gold fashion:

2019050631467180.jpg

Kim Jae-wook looks great in dark colours, not so much the plaids and pastels, but he's tall and has the physique to carry off most styles, so he looks hot anyway :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, Aziraphale said:

Haha, yes. Setting new standards for k-drama male leads.

Ryan Gold fashion:

Kim Jae-wook looks great in dark colours, not so much the plaids and pastels, but he's tall and has the physique to carry off most styles, so he looks hot anyway :wub:

He's definitely gonna be the new standard model for all male leads, and gotta learn from him. It's a rare GOLD to find RYAN GOLD, no other Ryan Gold can be replaced. 

After re-watching episodes back and forth, I love the one he wore during Episode 6, pastel pink and light bluish collared shirt. But seems like the latest one he wore in Episode 13, black and white tuxedo literally blew me off, looking so good on it. :wub:

Which one is your favourite?

This literally blew me off~:wub:

We need to keep this thread going~!!B)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sillygal said:

He's definitely gonna be the new standard model for all male leads, and gotta learn from him. It's a rare GOLD to find RYAN GOLD, no other Ryan Gold can be replaced. 

After re-watching episodes back and forth, I love the one he wore during Episode 6, pastel pink and light bluish collared shirt. But seems like the latest one he wore in Episode 13, black and white tuxedo literally blew me off, looking so good on it. :wub:

Which one is your favourite?

You can dress him in a sac or a trash bag and he will still look hot and gorgeous.  I like his free spirit.  He pulls off whatever he wears ... did you notice he doesn't wear socks?  Very European. His hair - long or crew cut suits him too.  Grunge, elegant, rocker, conservative or any style, kjw nails it.   He has style with substance. 

I've seen him in coffee prince, antique bakery and marry me Mary.  I'm glad he was given a big break to play a lead role in a romcom and unleash the Romeo in him.  I foresee him to be in demand after HPL.  It's about time and in fact long overdue. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Gin Nietschze said:

You can dress him in a sac or a trash bag and he will still look hot and gorgeous.  I like his free spirit.  He pulls off whatever he wears ... did you notice he doesn't wear socks?  Very European. His hair - long or crew cut suits him too.  Grunge, elegant, rocker, conservative or any style, kjw nails it.   He has style with substance. 

I've seen him in coffee prince, antique bakery and marry me Mary.  I'm glad he was given a big break to play a lead role in a romcom and unleash the Romeo in him.  I foresee him to be in demand after HPL.  It's about time and in fact long overdue. 

I think he does wear socks but those that are lower ankle kinds. And I do notice his feets are always as red as tomatoes. He is ageing like a wine, ageing gracefully. Just looking at him, my heart just... flutters.

I am super happy for him for having such a huge breakthrough to be into a first lead rom-com. For him it's definitely not easy and knowing people writing him off just made me feel like he will do even better. I have not watch lots of his dramas yet, only Coffee Prince and Voice (Up till now, still creeps me out of him being as Mo Tae Gu. But it means he has done a superb job). 

I wanted to try watching his past dramas, but because I'm a little biased, I would want to see him as first male lead instead of second lead. (Because he has done too many) I want him to shine even more, from me as his supporter. :wub: Perhaps I will try to find time watching other of his dramas soon. :)

He is someone with potential and substance actor and yes, he will definitely be on high demand. (:

• Like 5

So I'm trying to figure out after all what makes KJW so glamorous these days :kiss_wink:

There are many reasons that we all discussed about: his sensible acting skills, his sensual eyes, his handsome abc and xyz (a collection of girls' welfare :joy:) , but to me, the outstanding feature that differentiates him from other Korean actors is his own style and his unique charm. He's a perfect mixture of  different charming styles: a manly charm that I often see in Western actors rather than Asian ones, a sensitive and fragile charm of a musician, a mysterious and dark seduction of a gothic rocker, and a gentle and calm mood of an Asian man. 

No need to say more about his rare handsomeness : eyes, bone structure, lips, smiles, model's posture and fashion gout... Everything is just incredibly delicate and seductive.  Someone above said that he's not conventionally "handsome". Well I personally do not agree because I never find the standard of Korean male handsomeness  credible. If I have to put tagges on K-idols and actors, I rather call them "cute - fashionable - well skincared - unisex - cool - lovely" . I have nothing to be against that, but to be called handsome (not beautiful of pretty) , at the moment I dont know more K actors  than Lee Min Ho (only in BOF), Kim Soo Huyn, Won Bin and Kim Jae Wook. I love Goong Yoo too, he's manly and attractive, but handsome? Not really. And mong them, only Kim Jae Wook is charming - The powerful charm that I see in Sam Claffin ( in Me before You), Jude Law, Piece Brosnan and Colin Firth. It's easy to find a handsome actor, but being charming is the key to win audience's heart after a dozen minutes and it's rare. The last time I fell for an Asian actor's charm was a long time ago, it was for Takeshi Kaneshiro. However, Takeshi is more "poetic, melancholic" and KJW represents  more various colours that we have seen from all of his movies/dramas. 

About his style, I guess he's been gaining it from his younger years as a musician. I think he's much influenced by western style and culture through music. If you notice, he does quite a lot of gestures that I find in european actors ( angrily tap on the floor before getting up after being pushed down by DM, facial expression + hand gesture when he couldn't interrupt DM in the hospital, hand gestures in the BTS to tease PMY while she was trying to empty her mouthful of sandwich...).  He's always had this freestyle since he was a young actor. 

Maybe I've talked too much about him, but Yep I love this interesting actor. He refused to live a materialistic and boring life when he was young, to pursuit his music passion and now when he ages, he slowly enjoys his life, the same way he enjoyed kissing PMY slowly and passionately. And us, we are enjoying not only the drama HPL but also a passionate and charming actor. That's the reason why we have impression of being drugged and drunk by KJW :tounge_xd:

KJW :heart: PMJ

d19ef3fb-67f6-4d75-84ad-488deefe212b.jpe

Sam Claffin & Emilia Clarke

me-before-you-filmkritik.jpg?fit=1024,42

• Like 7
  • Love 6

On 5/28/2019 at 9:58 PM, lighthearted said:

No need to say more about his rare handsomeness : eyes, bone structure, lips, smiles, model's posture and fashion gout... Everything is just incredibly delicate and seductive.  

Just forgot to add in his voice :D. It's the problem when you're too priviliged by God (or your mum is a genius), Kim Jae Wook! It would take ages to list all of your strong points. 
People often mention him as a sexy actor now. I think it's a not exactly the term. The right word for me is "sensual". Other male leads always manage to show their body here or there during the drama, but not him so far ( not because he doesn't have a canon body - we all SAW it). I guess "sexy" is a new trend now in K-drama because all actors want to act "cool and cold and sexy". But taking off the shirt is a very lazy and cliché way to show you are sexy, just less lazy that saying "Look, I'm sexy!".  KJW  is already a sex appeal and he knows it, that's why by confidently taking off his watch + sticking his eyes on DM, he "kills the scene" completely and redefines men's sexiness ...

His sensuality comes from his eyes, his voice, his physical beauty and his graceful movements. You know what truth shocks me most when I'm writing these lines ? Other K actors may have one or two features to be labelled sensual, but KJW just owns all of them. 

So, good luck PMY :rolleyes:.  

0de91cd61136ecf6b46130478d61a66c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 7