Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

21 minutes ago, yuiy78 said:

GB will always be one of my fave characters of LMH. He acted so damn well in it. Even the director loves him

I'm with you, I love Jong Dae, but that character is not talk about much. I want Character like Jing Dae in 20 episode drama. heheheh

12 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

I love all of them, all!!! 

How can we not.  heheheh

The ice skating one is SO GOOD!!!   GJP holding her hand from behind smiling and the he sees JD doesn't have gloves, he gives one of his gloves to her and put her other hand in his pocket. They way LMH acted this scene is just out of this world.... :tears:

That scene is sooo sweet...that's one of the few thing that SK version did better. I like their date in SK version. The best SK version did was to cast LMH as GJP/Tsukasa

YESSS!!! he stole glance and that was a short yet POWERFULLY CHARMING moment!!

Chinguuuu!!! You are temping me to watch BOF now!!

Do it do it do it!....heheh

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, scrawford said:

The best SK version did was to cast LMH as GJP/Tsukasa

For sure!!! :approves: ONLY LMH could have played so well!!! :glasses: He owned GJP for himself!!! 

will LMH update his IG tomorrow?? :D  not sure! 

He posted because of WDH. Not sure if he will update tomorrow, maybe 2 days from now? or even more?

LOL! Am I analyzing his pattern of IG updates?? :joy::gangnamstyle:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, scrawford said:

Nobody, but nobody, has eyes like LMH! And he uses them to great effect in everything he does, portraying vulnerability, sweetness, fierceness, determination, etc., etc. They just kill me.

@msdot

Can't agree more.

Imo, it's a really rare ability to acting with the eyes. Not every actor has this ability. I would favor actors who have it naturally. So my favorite actors mostly have that ability. Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino, Tom Thank, Leonardo DiCaprio, Robin Wiliams (his sad eyes were really prominent), etc.

I found LMH from the BOF era. At first, I mocked him because I really admire Jerry Yan at that time. I thought, ah they wouldn't be able to do the serial as best as Meteor Garden. And who is this the weird guy with super funny hair. But then BOOM. The mighty GJP won my heart and attention.

And the first that I noticed from LMH of course the power of his eyes. Imo, he can own the character even only by his eyes. He owned it. No one will doubt it I think.

Maybe I am not really into Kdrama. I only watched several of them. But based on my watching experience, LMH's eyes are the most prominent among them. I said what saw

• Like 3
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, yuiy78 said:

But, what surprised me the most is the way he behaves daily. He (almost) always shows us the boyish vibe. He is so pure, warm, and friendly but frank and straightforward. He is indeed unique and classy. Our boy.

GB will always be one of my fave characters of LMH. He acted so damn well in it. Even the director loves him

Sorry to cut your post @yuiy78 chingu.

Speaking of GB, he really took me by surprise!  Some actors are just kinda predictable to a certain image / pattern, i mean good at playing certain stereotyped roles,  but Min Ho-ssi proved me wrong , pulling off that GB role so well as Jong Dae.     He truly surprises me with his skills and touch.   I had to admit , I took a couple of hours off Faith, to watch that movie GB.  Hehe!    At least, a movie does not take much time to complete compared to series. 

Watching him in the King (my first drama of LMH) he portrayed a matured, confident and regal self yet he showed some vulnerable moments of Lee Gon , okay , yea , he did show quite a bit of himself being a bit "wild".   But what struck me was in between those multiple, different roles, from the certain scenes I saw from IG and YT, he  was so believable esp his eyes , facial expressions and body language.   Then more surprises came when during BTS, you could hear him laugh, chuckle showing his boyish , down-to-earth moments as how @yuiy78 put it and next, when the Director said "Action", he immediately switch to the respective role at ease.

tumblr_nph9f8a1Uu1qi5axlo1_r4_250.gifv tumblr_nph9f8a1Uu1qi5axlo9_r4_250.gifv
cr andyswarhol

Well, I don't know how else to describe Mr Lee Min Ho.  Indescribable :wub:   Until now, he still surprises me! 

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, yuiy78 said:

Can't agree more.

Imo, it's a really rare ability to acting with the eyes. Not every actor has this ability. I would favor actors who have it naturally. So my favorite actors mostly have that ability. Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino, Tom Thank, Leonardo DiCaprio, Robin Wiliams (his sad eyes were really prominent), etc.

I found LMH from the BOF era. At first, I mocked him because I really admire Jerry Yan at that time. I thought, ah they wouldn't be able to do the serial as best as Meteor Garden. And who is this the weird guy with super funny hair. But then BOOM. The mighty GJP won my heart and attention.

And the first that I noticed from LMH of course the power of his eyes. Imo, he can own the character even only by his eyes. He owned it. No one will doubt it I think.

Maybe I am not really into Kdrama. I only watched several of them. But based on my watching experience, LMH's eyes are the most prominent among them. I said what saw

yes, agree expressing emotions through his deep honey eyes is not something all actor can pull off.

Can we get That Winter The Wind Blows PD for LMH's next drama? I remember in that drama SHk's face was always filling the screen, I think it is a style of directing but I don't know what it is called. I want LMH's face and eyes to fill the whole screen. :joy: 

The almighty and great Goo Jun Pyo! Of course has won over millions of hearts. :transforms:

Yes, LMH has the most prominent eyes, I have watched Korean dramas and familiar with most actors and actresses. In SK, people like Kim tae Hee's facial features especially her eyes a lot. I always thought LMH's eyes are even more beautiful than her. :glasses:

• Like 4
  • Love 6

On 7/3/2020 at 11:45 PM, msdot said:

Nobody, but nobody, has eyes like LMH! And he uses them to great effect in everything he does, portraying vulnerability, sweetness, fierceness, determination, etc., etc. They just kill me.

You said it right @msdot!   and to you too @Nikaa94  and @yuiy78  In the Jenga Play for the drama TKEM ,  he was asked "What's the compliment he enjoys hearing?" 
He said, " Your eyes are beautiful." 

He knows!   

oh how fluttering ... my poor beating heart :heart2beat:

• Like 2
  • Love 8

17 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

You said it right @msdot!   and to you too @Nikaa94  and @yuiy78  In the Jenga Play for the drama TKEM ,  he was asked "What's the compliment he enjoys hearing?" 
He said, " Your eyes are beautiful." 

He knows!   

oh how fluttering ... my poor beating heart :heart2beat:

In LOTBS and also TKEM, both PJE and KES praise LMH's eyes in the lines.

In LOTBS, JJH's character say to HJJ in episode 2 (i think), "They are pretty, the ink in your eyeballs. They are sparkling"

In TKEM, Lee Gon himself says "I have deep eyes" 

do you guys remember other lines in LMH's previous dramas in which there is a line about LMH's eyes? :hooray2:

We have been talking about LMH's eyes for a while now..

Let me share picture of his beautiful eyes!! :heart2beat:

Rejoice!!! :heart1:

img%5D

img%5D

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=688792&_rk=Zxh&page=2

• Like 1
  • Love 10

25 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I

Hey, how do we accumulate points ?  I know if you join clubs, friends of soompi etc, but for the average joe, is it posts and reactions?

@CarolynH, the only way to gain reputation points is to gather 'Like This'. In order to receive a promotion, members need to post a certain amount of content. They have now an independent ranking system based on the number of posts! Stars have been added to replace pins in order to showcase your rank in the Soompi Forums. :blush:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

***  Shaving Head is a must once the enlistment has been decided upon. A lot of celebrities chose to have this done at a hair salon, before arriving at the military base, because there will be fans and reporters waiting for them there, and they want to look their best for the last time before the military. For those who haven't shaved their heads at home, it's done at the base, in quick military style. :grin:

Lee Min Ho Shares Affectionate Photo With Woo Do Hwan Ahead Of His Enlistment

46a3f1014d82439cbc27a0788b06d45a.jpeg?s=

Lee Min Ho and Woo Do Hwan showed off their close friendship in a new photo!

Lee Min Ho and Woo Do Hwan recently worked together in the SBS drama “The King: Eternal Monarch.” Lee Min Ho played Lee Gon, the emperor of an alternate-universe Korea, while Woo Do Hwan played dual roles as the emperor’s bodyguard in one universe and an ordinary public service worker in another.

On July 5, Lee Min Ho shared a photo of the two actors embracing with Woo Do Hwan’s head shaved for his upcoming enlistment. In the caption, he wrote, “Yeong, I hope that now you can become the best shooter in the field.” Yeong is the name of Woo Do Hwan’s bodyguard character in the drama.

Woo Do Hwan shared the same photo on his own Instagram and wrote, “I will go and come back, Your Majesty.”

Woo Do Hwan is set to enlist as an active-duty soldier on July 6.

Check out Lee Min Ho in “The Legend of the Blue Sea” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Narine Joa said:

He didn't have a mustache in Gangnam blues but instead it was unshaved facial for approx 2-3 days. I think the director did it on purpose. 

He looked hot fiyaa in GB tho

This look! Calm but deadly. It’s scary! He’s coming for blood and you know it. Simply get out of his way or die. 

source.gif

Bloody good! 

I quite like his mature look in GB. Jong Dae takes the cake for being lmh’s sexiest and most badass character! 

Mr. Lee Min Ho, come back please? With a deep and dark character! 

• Like 4
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

Sorry to cut your post @yuiy78 chingu.

Speaking of GB, he really took me by surprise!  Some actors are just kinda predictable to a certain image / pattern, i mean good at playing certain stereotyped roles,  but Min Ho-ssi proved me wrong , pulling off that GB role so well as Jong Dae.     He truly surprises me with his skills and touch.   I had to admit , I took a couple of hours off Faith, to watch that movie GB.  Hehe!    At least, a movie does not take much time to complete compared to series. 

Watching him in the King (my first drama of LMH) he portrayed a matured, confident and regal self yet he showed some vulnerable moments of Lee Gon , okay , yea , he did show quite a bit of himself being a bit "wild".   But what struck me was in between those multiple, different roles, from the certain scenes I saw from IG and YT, he  was so believable esp his eyes , facial expressions and body language.   Then more surprises came when during BTS, you could hear him laugh, chuckle showing his boyish , down-to-earth moments as how @yuiy78 put it and next, when the Director said "Action", he immediately switch to the respective role at ease.

tumblr_nph9f8a1Uu1qi5axlo1_r4_250.gifv 
cr andyswarhol

Well, I don't know how else to describe Mr Lee Min Ho.  Indescribable :wub:   Until now, he still surprises me! 

Alot of people know there is an X-factor behind his massive success but they don't know what the X-factor is and I have revealed the x-factor to one person in details on PM once because I didn't wanna reveal his secrets and whenever you see success there is a reason for it but not everyone is good at catching an unfolding situation because it's hidden in layers but if you look closer you will know the X-factor and where it steems from because an X-factor can't be an x-factor without a cause.

Some people have an eye of catching the X-factor and identifying it while others don't and it comes down to individual talent from person to person in catching the true information of a situation and I am as objective as they come.

LMH's main magic comes from two things Charisma and intensity and they have to come together joined just like how the two rocks collided in the big bang theory without one of them it won't work.

Some of them believe it's only charisma but it's not only that it's intensity coupled with charisma. There is a reason behind every successful person and why things have turned out for them as it did? and this is what I am gonna let you in on now.

LMH puts alot of intensity into loving his FL and what it dose is that it has a major effect on mostly female audience and like wise male audience who can also appreciate the intensity. Female audience live vicariously thru the FL and when she is loved with such high intensity she feels loved by the ML thru the screen which has caused numerous crazes before with a LMH character example when he visits your country it's an absolute craze because he managed to connect with these people on much higher level then most realize. Nothing happens in this world without a reason.

All female Audience around the world are like minded when the FL is loved with such intensity she gets automatically drawn to it and it's also the same reason why the LMH-X actress shippers are always the craziest shippers and you will find that all his shippers were notoriously diehard shippers because they couldn't separate reality from fiction and tbh I myself thought that he used an extreme method by legit falling in love with all his leading ladies in order to sell the drama but after doing my own research i found out that he puts alot of intensity into loving her. 

I have seen so-called good actors fail to achieve that. It's not about looks as you may think cause you could cast Won Bin in his roles he won't go anywhere with them. 

Most of his intensity is visible on his eyes but also on his vibe energy and demeanor. 

Some said that they thought he was possessed and obsessed with his leading lady in heirs and I tend to agree but not only her but with all his leading ladies. He puts alot of intensity into loving her

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 5

15 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

This look! Calm but deadly. It’s scary! He’s coming for blood and you know it. Simply get out of his way or die. 

source.gif

Bloody good! 

I quite like his mature look in GB. Jong Dae takes the cake for being lmh’s sexiest and most badass character! 

Mr. Lee Min Ho, come back please? With a deep and dark character! 

Come back please!!!  :sad1:We will be happily waiting for even 1 year as long as the news come out now so we can enjoy discussing about it and having something to look forward to... :please:

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Heilo said:

Alot of people know there is an X-factor behind his massive success but they don't know what the X-factor is and I have revealed the x-factor to one person in details on PM once because I didn't wanna reveal his secrets and whenever you see success there is a reason for it but not everyone is good at catching an unfolding situation because it's hidden in layers but if you look closer you will know the X-factor and where it steems from because an X-factor can't be an x-factor without a cause.

Some people have an eye of catching the X-factor and identifying it while others don't and it comes down to individual talent from person to person in catching the true information of a situation and I am as objective as they come.

LMH's main magic comes from two things Charisma and intensity this is his strengths. 

Some of them believe it's only charisma but it's not only that it's intensity coupled with charisma. There is a reason behind every successful person and why things have turned out for them as it did? and this is what I am gonna let you in on now.

LMH puts alot of intensity into loving his FL and what it dose is it has a major effect on mostly female audience and like wise male audience who can also appreciate the intensity. Female audience live vicariously thru the FL and when she is loved with such high intensity she feels loved by the ML thru the screen which has caused numerous crazes before with a LMH character example when he visits your country it's an absolute craze because he managed to connect with these people on much higher level then most realize. Nothing happens in this world without a reason.

All female Audience around the world are like minded when the FL is loved with such intensity she gets automatically drawn to it and it's also the same reason why the LMH-X actress shippers are always the craziest shippers and you will find that all his shippers were notoriously diehard shippers because they couldn't separate reality from fiction and tbh I myself thought that he used an extreme method by legit falling in love with all his leading ladies in order to sell the drama but after doing my own research i found out that he puts alot of intensity into loving her. 

I have seen so-called good actors fail to achieve that. It's not about looks as you may think cause you could cast Won Bin in his roles he won't go anywhere with them. 

Most of his intensity is visible on his eyes but also on his energy and demeanor. 

Some said that they thought he was possessed and obsessed with his leading lady in heirs and I tend to agree but not only her but with all his leading ladies. He puts alot of intensity into loving her

WOAH @Heilo this is hands down one of the most awesomest post that has ever awesomed. You need bonus points. but I'm broke even on soompi   :criesariver:

I often wondered too why he tends to attract such crazed shippers that renders everyone who watches his ML interact with FL to believe he the individual is in love with the FL and not just the character she plays.Just like now,  tkem fans believe he's is in love ,,heirs fans believed he was in love.Faith fans didnt go there coz FL was married in RL so that thought was crushed but their off-screen interactions were nothing more than pure joy. 

I think it boils down to method acting. I'm not sure they use this term in K-media but in Hollywood they use this to describe actors who stay in character for the duration of filming process and I feel that's what all ships he has been involved in saw but failed to make distinction in his acting prowess because they have always dismissed him as an overrated pretty face and nothing else. 

@leeminhosny please check your pm.

• Like 7
  • Love 7

How would our thread be different in terms of discussion and other stuff if we had an actual news of LMH's next project??:lol:

It seems like a dream come true if we hear news in a couple weeks... :please: 

we will be dancing to his next project soon... Hang in there Minoz.. :glasses: I have this hunch... :D 

:rickroll::shaq:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

hahaha

@madmad min:omg:you watched LOTBS ..10th times ! . phew.. am sure you can memorise every single move

of HJJ.  Hmm... shall i rewatch again. Me love his curly shaddy hair :P

Which is your most memorial scene ? 

Haha Yes I did on 2 different Platforms, The Translations on Viki and Netflix are a bit different at times. plus Viki's version Looks more etheral for Joseon Era.

My Fav Scene was handsdown when Dam Ryung jumped into water and Hugged Se Hwa, he was attacked but manged to save her and slightly smiled before dying, when She discovered she also killed herself with the same harpoon, It was Poetically Tragic end for Joseon End.(I wish they showed that part more)

Also the scene where HJJ gets his memory back and HJJ/DAM Ryung are speaking at the same time in HJJ head (the Boy who will eventually hear the Meramaid's voice The Boy who loved her was Me), LMH was exceptional at that time. Episode 10/11 climax.

:offtospace:

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 3

17 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Haha Yes I did on 2 different Platforms, The Translations on Viki and Netflix are a bit different at times. plus Viki's version Looks more etheral for Joseon Era.

My Fav Scene was handsdown when Dam Ryung jumped into water and Hugged Se Hwa, he was attacked but manged to save her and slightly smiled before dying, when She discovered she also killed herself with the same harpoon, It was Poetically Tragic end for Joseon End.(I wish they showed that part more)

Also the scene where HJJ gets his memory back and HJJ/DAM Ryung are speaking at the same time in HJJ head (the Boy who will eventually hear the Meramaid's voice The Boy who loved her was Me), LMH was exceptional at that time. Episode 10/11 climax.

:offtospace:

Talking about Hoe Jun Jae...

Remember this scene? Dr. Hoe Jun Jae? :D How about Dr. Lee Min Ho?? :heart2beat:

8 people voted for Doctor character for LMH, right? raise your hands!! :joy:

img%5D 

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/lists/?id=minho&page=1

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Heilo said:

LMH's main magic comes from two things Charisma and intensity and they have to come together joined just like how the two rocks collided in the big bang theory without one of them it won't work.

LMH puts alot of intensity into loving his FL and what it dose is that it has a major effect on mostly female audience and like wise male audience who can also appreciate the intensity.    

Sorry to cut your post @Heilo chingu ....

You said it well !  My heartiest applause to you! 

Yes, i wanted to say that it's not about his looks because there are so many good looking actors / actresses around with TALENT too.  As I was reading your text, I could not help smiling on the X-factor bit!   I hear you loud and clear.    And as I read on, it is his approach and  conduct with people, not just the FL (of course, in drama, movie or CF, the FEELING is MORE intense on the FL).   You can feel that "force" from him (the charisma and intensity as you put it)  in very inch , every living cell of yourself so much so that one could not help but feeling so helplessly drawn to him.   And I want to add that it comes so NATURAL off him that we can't tell whether that he was acting or it was HIMSELF.  

Sorry for my rambling since you are on the topic.   He still surprises me!   Sighhhh 

ffc78e5ec8c22196b7bda1de794ced99.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Heilo said:

LMH puts alot of intensity into loving his FL and what it dose is that it has a major effect on mostly female audience and like wise male audience who can also appreciate the intensity. Female audience live vicariously thru the FL and when she is loved with such high intensity she feels loved by the ML thru the screen which has caused numerous crazes before with a LMH character example when he visits your country it's an absolute craze because he managed to connect with these people on much higher level then most realize. Nothing happens in this world without a reason.

I have seen so-called good actors fail to achieve that.

Chingu, you really spot on here with those you have said.

I really feel the intensity from LMH toward his FLs. When he was in love, I also could feel it. When he stared lovingly toward them, it really feels. I remember how he stared Eun Sang with such a high intensity. I looked away because it was too intimate. I was shy. Hahaha. I also really love the way he looked to imja and mermaid. Full of caring and loving. So warm, pure, and sincere. 

In TKEM, I remember this scene, the first time they ate chicken together. When he asked were there things that could make him stay longer in her world. His stare was intense and really full of a layer of emotions. It's so deep. I was really amazed by this scene. Never saw other actors pull off such scenes the way LMH did.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 3

8 minutes ago, yuiy78 said:

I really feel the intensity from LMH toward his FLs. When he was in love, I also could feel it. When he starred lovingly toward them, it really feels. I remember how he starred Eun Sang with such a high intensity. I looked away because it was too intimate. I was shy. Hahaha. I also really love the way he looked to imja and mermaid. Full of caring and loving. So warm, pure, and sincere. 

omg yess that stare ..the way he stared at EunSang I remember looking away coz I felt I had intruded upon such a private moment and wanted that scene only for myself.The stare was so powerful ..awww I'm getting all shy recalling that feeling :ohboy2:

• Like 8
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Heilo said:

LMH puts alot of intensity into loving his FL and what it dose is that it has a major effect.

Most of his intensity is visible on his eyes but also on his vibe energy and demeanor. 

Some said that they thought he was possessed and obsessed with his leading lady.

I wholeheartedly agree. He has a vibe about him and demeanor allover him especially when he is jealous. You can see that he doesn't only love but his obsessed and possessed with them

• Like 10
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Talking about Hoe Jun Jae...

Remember this scene? Dr. Hoe Jun Jae? :D How about Dr. Lee Min Ho?? :heart2beat:

8 people voted for Doctor character for LMH, right? raise your hands!! :joy:

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/lists/?id=minho&page=1

@Nikaa94, I'm one of them - Isn't he gorgeous playing the doctor character? :blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 2