Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

I notice that some articles about”ask the stars” is describing it as the most popular tentpole drama this year- anyone know what that means?

Re the Fendi event - wasn’t it lovely when his sister got out of the car and hugged him and he put his arm around her. They must be so close with her managing his agency. I remember when he did the event for Sejong Institute  his sister was sitting on the next table. He must really value her support.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

I notice that some articles about”ask the stars” is describing it as the most popular tentpole drama this year- anyone know what that means?

Re the Fendi event - wasn’t it lovely when his sister got out of the car and hugged him and he put his arm around her. They must be so close with her managing his agency. I remember when he did the event for Sejong Institute  his sister was sitting on the next table. He must really value her support.

@Lindyloo421 it means that the drama is expected to be very successful.   :sweet:

• Like 2

On 2/7/2023 at 7:45 PM, willenette said:

@syntyche   thanks for sharing this. Well, 7-months of filming is not too long. The average K-drama script would take an average of 6 - 12 months to be completed. Broadcast stations have primetime dramas running back to back all year round, and as one finishes, another is readied for airing….even if still incomplete. Shooting something is always going on in SK. A completed script synopsis is a given, but green-lighting a script usually only requires up to the 3rd or 4th episode (out of 12 - 16) to be mostly complete and OK’d by everyone involved in order to actively get finances rolling and begin pre-production. I've never seen/known a drama that had more than six finalized scripts before shooting starts. Most K-dramas ended on their seven - month filming journey. Good that this is a 12-EP K-drama. In order to catch the viewers' attention, the quick story development gives the viewers a sense of great immersion. Therefore the length of the drama is shortened with the story development speeding up . This became the trend, so broadcast stations also started to shorten the length of their dramas.   :heart:

@Lindyloo421 is right when she said "Ask the stars shooting seemed to go on for months and months"  It is definitely more than 7 months when they started the first reading, filming, etc. GHJ got married too.  It was supposed to be 20 episodes and then 16.  Is it only 12 now?  That is too short for all those months of filming. If it is only 7 months, they should have started filming in July but it was much earlier than that. They should film 7 months straight with no breaks in between. :frown:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CallieP said:

@Lindyloo421 is right when she said "Ask the stars shooting seemed to go on for months and months"  It is definitely more than 7 months when they started the first reading, filming, etc. GHJ got married too.  It was supposed to be 20 episodes and then 16.  Is it only 12 now?  That is too short for all those months of filming. If it is only 7 months, they should have started filming in July but it was much earlier than that. They should film 7 months straight with no breaks in between. :frown:

@CallieP A long time ago, K-dramas would end with 16 episodes or even 18 episodes at times or even 24EPS. However, there has been a change in this trend as K-dramas are closing with just 12. The change in viewing patterns started with the popularity of Netflix and is also changing the TV drama production. In China, shows air more frequently, so you get more episodes. In Japan, they air less frequently, so you get fewer episodes. In Korea, it has been considered customary to air two episodes a week for 8 to 12 weeks.   :heart2:

• Like 2

Korean actor Lee Min-ho leaves for Canada to film ‘Pachinko’ season 2 

Korean star Lee Min-ho left for Canada on Feb. 17 for the filming of the second season of Apple TV+’s drama “Pachinko.”

Lee Min-ho was met by fans and the media at Incheon International Airport before he boarded his flight to Canada.

125871.jpeg

125870.jpeg

Korean media reported that Oscar winner and Korean actress Youn Yuh-jung, Kim Min-ha and Lee Min-ho will film “Pachinko” season 2 in Canada and Japan.

Apple TV+ released the eight-episode “Pachinko” in March 2022 and the following April, it announced that it renewed the series for a second season.

“Pachinko” won the Best Foreign Language Series at the 2023 Critics’ Choice Awards.

“Pachinko” is the story of a Korean immigrant family across four generations who leave South Korea to survive.

The drama starts in the early 1900s and is told through the eyes of Sunja (played by Youn Yuh-jung, Kim Minha and Jeon Yu-na), who triumphs against all odds.

In “Pachinko,” Lee Minho played the role of Hansu, Jin Ha as Solomon, Anna Sawai as Naomi, Eunchae Jung as young Kyunghee, Inji Jeong as Yangjin, Jimmi Simpson as Tom Andrews, Junwoo Han as Yoseb, Kaho Minami as Etsuko, Steve Sanghyun Noh as Isak and Soji Arai as Mozasu.

credit : https://mb.com.ph/2023/02/17/korean-actor-lee-min-ho-leaves-for-canada-to-film-pachinko-season-2/

• Like 7

13 hours ago, CarolynH said:

LMH should have brought JIW to CN.  I understand JIW is a good cook. We could have gotten a video of the two of them cooking 

I think I'm going to give LMH a hoodie!

@CarolynH  thanks for sharing this. So NICE to see that he's giving his fans an update on his current situation in Canada. I'm just shocked seeing this shared photo of him shopping at a mart with so many stuff. And he has interest in the flowers on the shelf - hahaha - I also see him putting daily necessities such as detergent and tissues in his cart. And he's staying at the mansion, huh? It seems he got tired after shopping.  The reason I guess why Jung Il Woo, who saw he bought a lot, showed a surprised reaction, commenting, “Did you immigrate?”  - LOL -   :Megalol:  :ohboy2:

Hoodie may not be the most fashion-forward item in the wardrobe, but it is one of the most comfortable and practical. As such, the warm and loose-fitting garment is a modern menswear staple that every gent should own. And LMH has a lot of them. Must be his favorite. I guess he gets such a big sense of comfort when he's wearing hoodies. One of the best things about hoodies is that they are so versatile. You can wear one with shorts, jeans, slacks, and skirts.  Plus, you can use a hoodie as an outer layer over top of a t-shirt or any other kind of top. Our wardrobe needs hoodies. No other outfit could match a hoodie, as far as; its comfort quotient is concerned.   :kaching1:

Lee-Min-ho-1-18022023-1.webp?compress=tr

• Like 3