Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 2/17/2023 at 8:16 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

cr as Logo

cr. forlmhonly

@gtLmh0622  thanks for sharing this. Anyway, Lee Min Ho’s fashion style has actually been very consistent over the years. He never fails to come across pulled together and always sophisticated. He’s never loud and sticks to a neat, neutral palette. Another consistent part of him is how he treats the press and fans. He’s always cordial and somewhat accommodating though he is careful not to be overly friendly or engaging. There’s a certain measure of graciousness in

the way he handles the media and public.    :wut:

20230217_2219528488910855305396886.jpg?w

Photo and video credits as stated

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 8

Korean dramas to catch up with this year: From It’s Okay to Not Be Okay to Vincenzo and more

From Its Okay to Not Be Okay to The King: Eternal Monarch, below is a curated list of some of the most popular, highest-rated K-dramas of all time.

In the last few years, Korean dramas have witnessed a dramatic rise in their popularity. While the reasons behind this popularity are many, there are a few factors that massively contributed to its popularity. For starters, people welcomed Korean dramas for their eye-catching visuals, flawless cinematography, and larger-than-life stories. 

From ‘Coffee Prince’ to ‘Crash Course in Romance’ Korean dramas were loved by fans for their sheer relatability. While you await the release of some highly anticipated Korean titles premiering this year, here is a list of 31 best Korean dramas that you must watch this year.

10 | Legend of the Blue Sea

Picture Courtesy: Asianwiki

• Year of Release: 2017
  • Directed by: Jin Huk, Park Seon Ho
  • Written By: Park Ji Eun
  • Cast: Jun Ji Hyun as Shim Cheong, Lee Min Ho as Heo Joon Jae
  • Genre: Romance, Comedy, Fantasy
  • OTT Platform: Viki, Netflix
  • About: The story follows the lives of a mermaid and a conman who meet each other in the most unexpected way. An unconventional romance ensues between the two when they sense a connection deeper than what is in front of them.
  • Reception: The show received its fair share of praise both in and outside South Korea. The show’s brilliance was rewarded with high viewership ratings across the globe. Jun Ji Hyun was praised for her phenomenal portrayal of a hilariously quirky yet unavoidably lovable mermaid. 

14 | The King: Eternal Monarch

• Year of Release: 2020
  • Directed by: Baek Sang Hoo, Jung Ji Hyun, Yoo Je Won
  • Written By: Kim Eun Sook
  • Cast: Lee Min Ho as Lee Gon, Kim Go Eun as Jeong Tae Eul, Woo Do Hwan as Jo Yeong
  • Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
  • OTT Platform: Netflix
  • About: Two alternate realities come together as Emperor Lee Gon from the Kingdom of Korea meets detective Jung Tae Eul in the Republic of Korea. While Lee Gon recognizes Tae Eul from an impactful childhood memory, she dismisses all his claims as baseless and irrelevant. 
  • Reception: The show marked Lee Min Ho’s television comeback following his military discharge and was therefore highly awaited. Written by ‘Descendants of the Sun’ fame writer Kim Eun Sook, the show was a huge success. 

15 | Boys Over Flowers

• Year of Release: 2009
  • Directed by: Jeon Ki Sang
  • Written By: Yoon Ji Ryeon
  • Cast: Lee Min Ho as Goo Joon Pyo, Koo Hye Sun as Geum Jan Di, Kim Hyun Joong as Yoon Ji Hu
  • Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy
  • OTT Platform: Viki, MX Player, Netflix
  • About: Geum Jan Di is a headstrong and cheerful young woman who comes from a humble background. Soon after coming to the elite Shinhwa High School, she manages to get on the bad side of Shinhwa Group’s heir Goo Joon Pyo before finally becoming the object of his affection. 
  • Reception: Referred by many as a harbinger of the Korean wave, ‘Boys Over Flowers’ is one of the most popular Korean dramas of all time.

Spoiler

22 | The Heirs/Inheritors

• Year of Release: 2013
  • Directed by: Kang Shin Hyo, Boo Sung Chul
  • Written By: Kim Eun Sook
  • Cast: Lee Min Ho as Kim Tan, Park Shin Hye as Cha Eun Sang, Kim Woo Bin as Choi Young Do, Kim Ji Won as Yoo Rachel 
  • Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy, Adolescence 
  • OTT Platform: Viki, Netflix, MX Player
  • About: Following a coincidental encounter in the US, two high school students Cha Eun Sang and Kim Tan reunite at a high school meant for the privileged where class dictates one’s social standing in school. 
  • Reception: The show was written by ‘Descendants of the Sun’ fame Kim Eun Sook. Despite the show’s predictable ‘Cinderella’ meets ‘Gossip Girl’ storyline, it was loved by fans across the globe. The latter in fact is stated by many as a reason that makes ‘The Heirs’ one of the best Korean dramas ever.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/korean-dramas-to-catch-up-with-this-year-from-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-to-vincenzo-and-more-1209789

• Like 5

6 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Cute!

I wonder if he will start filming tomorrow :wut:

@CarolynH  thanks for sharing this. CUTE and amazing indeed! This is  his daily life in Canada prior the start of the drama filming. From visit to the mart,  next visit while in Toronto seemed to be to the sea strolling and morning jog under the cloudy skies. Lee Min Ho looked adorable all bundled up with a puffer jacket, beanie, hand warmers and a pair of headphones covering his ears as he maneuvered his way around the beach. I wonder if he will stay long in Canada. For how many months? I guess "Pachinko S2" episodes will drop anytime in the next year, following the

completion of post-production.   :wut:

• Like 5

NEW EVENT:

My Corner of Soompi: Vote for your faviourite pancake toppings and celebrate the International Pancake Day on 21st February, 2023. :eats:

Let us know what's happening in your corner of Soompi. :heartxoxo:

re: Your favourite neighbourhood EO Team: :coolshades:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

Here’s how Lee Min Ho is spending his time in Canada ahead of Pachinko 2 shoot

spacer.png

Reprising his role as Koh Hansu, Lee Min Ho is set to star in the upcoming season 2 of the popular novel-turned-drama.

Actor Lee Min Ho is currently in Toronto where he has travelled in order to film for the second season of the popular TV show ‘Pachinko’. The Hallyu heartthrob left on the morning of February 17 and has since kept his fans updated on his activities in the Canadian land.

The ‘The Heirs’ actor seemingly started off his probable long-time stay with a visit to the mart for some groceries and local produce. He shared photos from his mart run where he was carrying around a cart and seeking some beautiful flowers. Completely inconspicuous in his athleisure look with a mask covering his face. He proudly showed off his big purchase with countless bags in his next update. Looking super happy and tired at the same time, the actor plopped down on his lush sofa at what appears to be his new humble abode during his Canada stay.

Lee Min Ho’s next visit while in Toronto seemed to be to the sea as the actor shared pictures from his stroll under the cloudy skies. Appearing to be struck by the cold temperatures, Lee Min Ho looked adorable all buncled up with a puffer jacket, beanie and a pair of headphones covering his ears as he manouvred his way around the beach. The actor seems to be planning for a long stay in Canada and will likely return to South Korea only after completing all of his shooting schedule.

‘Pachinko’ season 2 is likely to finish filming in a few months and the viewers are expecting the new episodes to drop anytime in the next year, following the completion of post-production.

Ask the Stars

Meanwhile, Lee Min Ho recently wrapped up the filming for the upcoming big-budget K-drama, ‘Ask the Stars’ opposite Gong Hyo Jin. Playing the role of a space tourist, his love story with an astronaut on the same space vehicle as himself will be captured in the show. Lee Min Ho will embody Gong Ryong, an OB-GYN while Gong Hyo Jin plays Eve Kim. The K-drama has been catching the attention of fans around the world thanks to its star cast as well as the interesting storyline supported by a hefty budget and a lot of wire scenes.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/heres-how-lee-min-ho-is-spending-his-time-in-canada-ahead-of-pachinko-2-shoot-1209850

• Like 6

Hello , after a long hiatus, I was able to recover my soompi account. I just would like to share my meaningful sole trip to Seoul two weeks ago.  It was a planned vacation (my 3rd time) since I wanted to experience winter  in Korea  with  DIY ITs  and all,  my first after pandemic (last one was 2019). I was really excited to wander again and get lost but the highlight of my travel was Minho. I didn't expect to see myself shouting  his name at DDP (thanks to IG stories and twitter I was able to know the DDP party for the opening of Fendi Palazzo few days before and I was already ay Seoul!!).  Although I was able to see him 5 times  when he visited Manila almost every year the last time was 2016 , I still dream of  seeing him in  Korea  on one of my visits.And.... it  actually came true.  He's gorgeous as ever and very  amiable unlike others who just passed by to us and not even bother to wave. We braved the freezing weather , we ran from one entrance to another.  We were told to "get lost" by a bad ahjusssi one of the MIB bodyguards (men in black) in front of Art Hall (btw there were plenty of entrances and exits of the Art Hall). But we were firm and we followed the line and behaved well as  fans. Thanks to the loyal Minoz, we're able to locate the entrance as they ran from one place to another we ran as well too. Haha. What an experience. And when someone said "that's his car  please wave to him -  a black genesis , my heart stopped and we waved and we waved (we're so positve he saw us waiving).  But the car just suddenly went towards another Art Hall entrance to our dismay (our original location). ...  But it made a u turn and headed back towards us. Suddenly,   someone stepped out of the car- an old familiar face his bodyguard (the one who accompanied him in Canada).  A minute after Minho stepped out of the car. The first thing he did was bow to us (such gesture is love) and he waved and flashed a beautiful and cheerful  smile . What an experience really.  This was my first time to see Jung Il Woo in person as well , also Song Hye Kyo and Lee Soo Hyuk too. I didn't notice Park Hyung Shik altho there were plenty of other celebrities who graced the event. I have a video but I don't know how to insert it here hehe. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Hi @merci0125  Welcome back to the LMH thread.  :partyblob:  I was temporarily locked out of soompi and as a result, I never log out.  What a great experience you had seeing LMH!  I've been following him 7 years and have yet to see him in person.  Someone here may able to tell you how to insert a video.  I hope that you stick around and join in some of our activities!  

• Like 4

16 hours ago, merci0125 said:

Hello , after a long hiatus, I was able to recover my soompi account. I just would like to share my meaningful sole trip to Seoul two weeks ago.  It was a planned vacation (my 3rd time) since I wanted to experience winter  in Korea  with  DIY ITs  and all,  my first after pandemic (last one was 2019). I was really excited to wander again and get lost but the highlight of my travel was Minho. I didn't expect to see myself shouting  his name at DDP (thanks to IG stories and twitter I was able to know the DDP party for the opening of Fendi Palazzo few days before and I was already ay Seoul!!).  Although I was able to see him 5 times  when he visited Manila almost every year the last time was 2016 , I still dream of  seeing him in  Korea  on one of my visits.And.... it  actually came true.  He's gorgeous as ever and very  amiable unlike others who just passed by to us and not even bother to wave. We braved the freezing weather , we ran from one entrance to another.  We were told to "get lost" by a bad ahjusssi one of the MIB bodyguards (men in black) in front of Art Hall (btw there were plenty of entrances and exits of the Art Hall). But we were firm and we followed the line and behaved well as  fans. Thanks to the loyal Minoz, we're able to locate the entrance as they ran from one place to another we ran as well too. Haha. What an experience. And when someone said "that's his car  please wave to him -  a black genesis , my heart stopped and we waved and we waved (we're so positve he saw us waiving).  But the car just suddenly went towards another Art Hall entrance to our dismay (our original location). ...  But it made a u turn and headed back towards us. Suddenly,   someone stepped out of the car- an old familiar face his bodyguard (the one who accompanied him in Canada).  A minute after Minho stepped out of the car. The first thing he did was bow to us (such gesture is love) and he waved and flashed a beautiful and cheerful  smile . What an experience really.  This was my first time to see Jung Il Woo in person as well , also Song Hye Kyo and Lee Soo Hyuk too. I didn't notice Park Hyung Shik altho there were plenty of other celebrities who graced the event. I have a video but I don't know how to insert it here hehe. 

@merci0125 lucky girl that you got to see LMH once again up close & personal. I've seen JIW,SHK & PHS in person, too, that's why, I share your joy. For Video: you can go to the "Share" on YT video then copy the video link or just copy the video link right from your web browser (it works for both YT and Daily Motion)

For Twitter, IG & FB posts: if you want to post the embedded post, just go to the timestamp on the posts you'd like to share and copy the link then paste to Soompi.  If you just want to share the photos instead of the full post from these SNS, just do "copy image" or "copy image location" then paste to Soompi  :blush:

·        However, you probably also noticed that when trying to embed an IG link, an error occurs which leads to the links not being embedded properly. Apparently, Instagram changed their API policy and dropped unauthenticated of Embed support  for other websites. IDK if this can be fixed.   :weary:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What is the experience of eating barbecue with Lee Min Ho?

I originally invited friends from downtown to eat barbecue tonight, but I couldn't go because of the heavy snow. I actually missed the chance to eat barbecue with Lee Min Ho. The story is so sweet, my cbc friend still went to the barbecue restaurant as planned, sat down and ate quickly, and she looked up at around 7:30. Isn't Oppa Lee Min Ho in the booth next door?! For the reason of "rejecting illegitimate meals", she took a photo from afar to greed me! !!

She saw the clerk took a piece of paper to have it signed by Lee Min Ho, so I asked her to go to the counter to find the boss and take pictures of the content 

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://www.xiaohongshu.com/discovery/item/63f71d85000000001300230b

• Like 6