Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

*** The award ceremony for the 2020 APAN Star Awards has been postponed after the K-government raised the social distancing level to Level 1.5 as daily coronavirus cases suddenly increased. ( Lee Min Ho is nominated for Male Popularity Award here) The awards ceremony was supposed to take place on Nov. 28 and 29 at Kyung Hee University’s Grand Peace Hall and was set to be exclusively livestreamed through KT’s online platforms Olleh TV and Seezn. :anguished:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Impact of the growing OTT market on participants

While Netflix, an online streaming service, maintains its dominance in the domestic OTT (Over The Top / Online Video Service) marketplace, Kakao TV and Apple TV both showcase bold dramas of their own, such as Kingdom and Human Class. Dreams of a "second Netflix" and presents new works. This is the reason for the birth of new works due to the expansion of the OTT market and the workload of actors.

First, Yoon Yeo Jung and Lee Min Ho will take the next step in the Apple TV Plus drama Pachinko (directed by Kogonada, Justin and screenplay by Suhyo). Based on the bestselling book of the same name by Korean-American writer Lee Min Jin, Pachinko contains the history of a family of Korean immigrants for four generations in an eight-part book.

It is gaining attention as a global project bringing together Korean, Japanese and American actors and film crews. Producer of the production company Media Reds, Soo Hugh, author of Terror, participates as lead writer, general producer and showrunner. In addition, director Kogonada and former director Justin direct each of the four parts. The timing of the disclosure has not yet been determined.

In the play, Yoon Yeo Jung plays the main character Song Ja and Lee Min Ho, the merchant Han Soo. In addition, Eunje Jung has confirmed the role of Kyunghee, and after SBS "The King: Lord of Eternity", he again gathers expectations in harmony with Lee Min Ho ...

The expansion of the OTT market is leading to a leadership change in the drama that has taken place in existing terrestrial and cable networks. Not only Netflix, but latecomers like Kakao TV and Apple TV, they create and distribute their own dramas, and the OTT market comes out ahead. While the audience ratings for terrestrial, cable, and feature-length series have been showing a steady decline, Netflix's record earnings in October show this trend clearly.

As new OTT platforms such as Kakao TV and Apple TV drive the production of in-house drama, actors can showcase a wide variety of action across a wider range of works.

In addition, the OTT platform represents a great opportunity to more easily promote the true value of Korean actors overseas. With Netflix providing services in over 190 countries, actors can make their mark around the world without having to fly if they appear in Netflix dramas.

As the online streaming service has revived after Corona 19, the actors' OTT activities are expected to continue. Interest and expectations are gathering for what the actors will show in their own OTT drama, which spares no trouble or investment.

Translation from Korean Google

http://www.sisaweek.com/news/curationView.html?idxno=139408

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

4 hours ago, JoannaID said:

Haha so true, it's different generation. I am familiar with Brad Pitt because I like to watch old Hollywood movies, but my friends now are into Hollywood actors who are in their 30s like Chris Evans and Robert Pattinson. Brad Pitt is definitely in different generation with LMH, you can't compare, lol.

See that is what I meant, I know Brad Pitt well because of Jennifer Aniston Fiasco , Friends fanatic yo right here. Circa early 2000???The Couple Single name terms Generated from there My God now I cannot even hear those, a bit cringeworthy tbh.

Robert Pattinson is my Love from my Teens. Well him and K stew , I was a shipper not a Fan Club Lead still Lol.

LMH is parallel to R Pattz generation , its just that K dramas were NOT accessible back here then. How do they even compare a Brad Pitt and LMH in the same generation era is beyond me Lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

17 hours ago, CallieP said:

Did she like it or are you both still watching it?  Hope she becomes a fan and you have a friend to do re-watches with.  Cool!

We’re still watching LOTBS, finishing next week. I have two friends that I separately watch kdramas with once a week.  With my other friend I’m watching Tale of the Nine-Tailed. My husband is not a particular fan of kdramas, although he doesn’t mind me watching them on our main tv while he watches something else on his laptop and occasionally looks up to watch. I think of my get-togethers with my friends as our alternative to watching football!

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Delurking again to say how underrated the "raid the bookstore" scene is in TKEM. I mean Lee Gon were both swoony and Dark/intense. When the classical Music was playing and the camera focused on LG. The Royal Guard asked whether or not they should capture them alive, and Lee Gon's expression was cold and heartless as he answered "kill them"

That scene was done so well. 

I have been Missing LMH and my job currently require me to sit in front of my computer a lot, so i have been rewatching LMH's drama. I'd like to see him in many Characters. I want to see him as Playboy, workaholic who found love, a serial killer, Nerd who wear casual clothes (Ripped jeans and plaid shirts), paid assassin, boy next door and the list goes on....

PS: I don't know how to make gif, but does anybody have the gif from faith, where Imja announced that The Queen Lost her baby and she had to leaned on Daejang's back/shoulder and he quietly held her hands? I love that scene. Now i need to watch faith episode 18-24 again :joy:

PSS : Hope to see movielog 4 (fingers crossed)

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 3

2 hours ago, scrawford said:

PS: I don't know how to make gif, but does anybody have the gif from faith, where Imja announced that The Queen Lost her baby and she had to leaned on Daejang's back/shoulder and he quietly held her hands? I love that scene. Now i need to watch faith episode 18-24 again :joy:

PSS : Hope to see movielog 4 (fingers crossed)

I will make it for you :approves:

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I will make it for you 

Awww thank you @leeminhosny 

Also, it's been 1 year and 7 days since i first signed up to Soompi. Never have I imagined myself being part of a fandom of any kind. Back in my early KDrama, Jdrama, Tdrama watching heyday, I was in love with Won Bin, and i knew of Crunchyroll and any other forum, but i was never the type of person who would fan girl-ing in this level. Fast Forward to 2019, BOF kept recommended to me on Netflix since i watched Meteor Garden 2018. The Funny thing was, i put it on hold to watch BOF because of Jun Pyo's hair LOL!. As an Avid Hanadan Fan, I am well aware how Domyouji Hair is supposed to be ridiculous, and even he hates it and always try to straightened it. And then Ya'll know what that shower scene in Episode 2 did to me :D, and i ended up loving the Curly hair since LMH wear it like a boss. I liked the perm so much, i didn't even liked that once scene he straightened his hair.

Thank you all for keeping this thread going, and making this a fun place to fan girl over LMH.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Everybody can say if you want any gif I have LMH's all drama gifs (without TKEM) I can add again , actually I added all of them drama thread previously but if you want gifs you can say .

Reveal hidden contents

ThL0X0.gif

Thank you @leeminhosny

I love this Scene. Daejang knew Imja so well, he knew this was hard for her. He walked in front of her because he knew, she couldn't hold herself up. 

I will ask you if i needed any gif. Im rewatching LMH's drama, so if i think of one, i'd ask you :)

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

International Men's Day, These are Actors who Deserve to be Called Handsome, Which is Your Idol?

4FED74E0-D95D-4EF4-9A55-B70D00E88AEE-280

Lee Min Ho

Aside from Hollywood actors, South Korean star Lee Min Ho is also a handsome international actor. Especially after playing Goo Jun Pyo in the Boys Over Flower series in 2009.

Lee Min Ho has also been a Tourism Ambassador in Korea and featured in commercials for various products. His good looks need not be doubted, especially when he is included in the list of Most Handsome Actor in 2017.

https://www.minews.id/gaya-hidup/hari-pria-internasional-ini-sederet-aktor-yang-layak-dibilang-tampan-mana-idolamu

LMH is the only Asian actor in the list 

:glee::glee:

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

20 hours ago, willenette said:

@CarolynHjust click below the video/tweet so you have a cursor there, and just hit backspace. That should do it. :blush: - You may try it.

Thank you @willenette!  I will try it next time I quote a tweet.

Get ready for the favorite PT scenes poll (Mon-Wed)!  You'll need to read each one carefully since they are not in order of episode.  Top two will move on to the ultimate favorite scene poll.

@leeminhosny Do you have any PT gifs to share?

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1