Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

6 hours ago, syntyche said:

Thank you, @JoannaID, I've been honing various skills because of LMH :lol:

I read somewhere that IDN is one of the countries, if not the country, with the highest consumption of kpop culture, aside from Korea. And K-artists have also been ambassadors for certain products there, including LMH for Kopi Luwak. With LMH's looks and talent, it wouldn't be too hard for him to gain more fans there. :)

Yes you are right, K-pop and K-drama is huge here in the last few years, but this country is also very huge, 270 million people, lol. There are many segments of audience in terms of age, education and social economic status, so not all segments are into Hallyu. Yes majority of people in my country knows LMH, but previously majority of his hardcore fans were younger generations in their early and mid 20s, maybe because of dramas like The Heirs. 

Then after TKEM and the rise of streaming platform, I think LMH's popularity dramatically increased and he got fans from older generations in their 30s and probably 40s, he also got new fans from mature A-lister celebrities in the country.

But I'm still the only LMH hardcore fan among my close circle of friends because most of my friends were Western educated, they went to US/Europe for education and still prefer Hollywood series/movies comparing to K-dramas. There are still people that I know who don't watch K-dramas at all. Few friends have started to watch and liking K-dramas too after pandemic, and 1 friend has started to really like LMH because I keep brainwashing her. :D 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 3
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, JoannaID said:

Yes you are right, K-pop and K-drama is huge here in the last few years, but this country is also very huge, 270 million people, lol. There are many segments of audience in terms of age, education and social economic status, so not all segments are into Hallyu. Yes majority of people in my country knows LMH, but previously majority of his hardcore fans were younger generations in their early and mid 20s, maybe because of dramas like The Heirs. 

Then after TKEM and the rise of streaming platform, I think LMH's popularity dramatically increased and he got fans from older generations in their 30s and probably 40s, he also got new fans from mature A-lister celebrities in the country.

But I'm still the only LMH hardcore fan among my close circle of friends because most of my friends were Western educated, they went to US/Europe for education and still prefer Hollywood series/movies comparing to K-dramas. There are still people that I know who don't watch K-dramas at all. Few friends have started to watch and liking K-dramas too after pandemic, and 1 friend has started to really like LMH because I keep brainwashing her. :D 

How don't so many people know LMH? I think only your close circle don't know  :lol: Kdramas have been so popular almost for 10 years even in Turkey. I remember old historical kdramas ( like Dae Jang Geum )were aired in National channel 10 years ago but I thought they are chinese :lol:My sister's husband used to watch them but I didn't watch. But later ( I was universty) saw so many student talk about kdramas . Then I started kdramas and even my male nephew ( he was 10-11 years old) knew City Hunter .Bof was aired national youth channel. And they said they receive hundred of thousand message from Facebook page. :lol:Kdramas are so popular even before KPOP .There are so many illegal translater kdrama sites.Everyone translate them to Turkish. And almost every kdramas are tranlated to Turkish ( in the same day). 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

How don't so many people know LMH? I think only your close circle don't know  :lol: Kdramas have been so popular almost for 10 years even in Turkey. I remember old historical kdramas ( like Dae Jang Geum )were aired in National channel 10 years ago but I thought they are chinese :lol:My sister's husband used to watch them but I didn't watch. But later ( I was universty) saw so many student talk about kdramas . Then I started kdramas and even my male nephew ( he was 10-11 years old) knew City Hunter .Bof was aired national youth channel. And they said they receive hundred of thousand message from Facebook page. :lol:Kdramas are so popular even before KPOP .There are so many illegal translater kdrama sites.Everyone translate them to Turkish. And almost every kdramas are tranlated to Turkish ( in the same day). 

Everybody knows K-drama of course, but not everybody watch them and like them. Even my self, I know K-dramas since long time ago, I didn't watch them, I only started to watch this year because of pandemic. It's about taste and preference. My friends prefer Hollywood content over Hallyu content, it's just a matter of taste, not everyone has the same taste. :) 

Even some people that I know still consider that K-dramas are lame, not everybody is into K-dramas, but everybody knows about K-dramas, that's the difference. And my friends are in their 30s and some early 40s, when K-dramas started to become mainstream, they were already busy with their careers/works/families, not everybody has time to watch new type of entertainment, while Hollywood content are already mainstream even since the 80s (I remember my parents told me some old movies that they liked in the 80s era) and the 90s in this country. While K-dramas, I think I only started to hear of it since the 2000s, but only became mainstream in the last few years when more people start to watch.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

Everybody knows K-drama of course, but not everybody watch them and like them. Even my self, I know K-dramas since long time ago, I didn't watch them, I only started to watch this year because of pandemic. It's about taste and preference. My friends prefer Hollywood content over Hallyu content, it's just a matter of taste, not everyone has the same taste. :) 

Even some people that I know still consider that K-dramas are lame, not everybody is into K-dramas, but everybody knows about K-dramas, that's the difference. And my friends are in their 30s and some early 40s, when K-dramas started to become mainstream, they were already busy with their careers/works/families, not everybody has time to watch new type of entertainment, while Hollywood movies are already mainstream since the 80s and even the 90s in this country.

Actually I don't care Hollywood and American dramas ,I didn't watch any American dramas I didn't become  fan of any celebrity even in my teen ages :lol: And actually fangirls seem to me little " stupid" but I have been fan of LMH fo years :lol:

People who don't like Hollywood or American dramas (like me ) watch mostly Kdrama in here. 

@lupeace this Hallyu star survey is new? Isn't it released a few months ago ? KOFICE releases in January generally ? @gtLmh0622

• Like 2

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Actually I don't care Hollywood and American dramas ,I didn't watch any American dramas I didn't become  fan of any celebrity even in my teen ages :lol: And actually fangirls seem to me little " stupid" but I have been fan of LMH fo years :lol:

People who don't like Hollywood or American dramas (like me ) watch mostly Kdrama in here. 

@lupeace this Hallyu star survey is new? Isn't it released a few months ago ? KOFICE releases in January generally ? @gtLmh0622

i just checked the last survey wihch was taken in october 2019 and it doesnt have the same numbers as this last one. i think its new but im not sure. anyone here who can confirm?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lupeace said:

i just checked the last survey wihch was taken in october 2019 and it doesnt have the same numbers as this last one. i think its new but im not sure. anyone here who can confirm?

KOFICE releases this survey in Jan-March every year so I am not sure same survey

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Korean films are full of genres, conquering audiences of all ages

Korean movies do not lack genres for you to choose from. If you are sad, watch a comedy, in love or lonely, watch a love movie, and if you have a strong heart, try a sensational detective movie.

Korean action movies

Korean action movies are also a genre that is highly appreciated. In addition to the thrilling fighting scenes, Korean action movies also contain deep, meaningful stories.

Gangnam Blues (2015)

phim-han-quoc-hay-nhat-moi-thoi-dai-anh8

The fierce battle for power is always an attractive subject for filmmakers to exploit and Gangnam Blues is one of such works. The film is set in the 1970s Gangnam, where childhood best friends Kim Jong Dae and Yong Ki overcame many challenges and eventually become gangsters in different factions. However, fate makes them turn from best friends to fierce opponents in the fight to take possession of the Gangnam land.

The film also marks a new turning point in the acting career of handsome Lee Min Ho. If before that, he was often seen with the image of a prince, in Gangnam Blues, the audience will see his stylish and masculine side.

https://voh.com.vn/phim/tuyen-tap-phim-han-quoc-hay-nhung-cai-ten-lam-nen-van-hoa-xu-so-kim-chi-385091.html

Lazada Philippines Twt Update

Lazada sets new 11.11 sales record, saw over 70,000 participating sellers on our Biggest One-Day Sale! Here are some fun facts and best highlights from #Lazada1111. Are you part of these stats?

EnQ_C7EUYAIOTfQ?format=jpg&name=medium

4 hours ago, JoannaID said:

It's great that LMH is getting fans there from various ages. I do remember that A-lister celebrities are also into him. And kudos to you for brainwashing your friend! :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

13 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Yeah, what happened to the PT thread?  I looked for it as well.  I know no one has posted for a while, but to wipe out the posts?:onfirex:  What if a new fan wanted to read the thread?  Poor PT.

Can we ask this question to admin? But which admin? Also Bounty Hunter thread closed.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Can we ask this question to admin? But which admin? Also Bounty Hunter thread closed.

It is the same with the Gangnam Blues thread. When I came into the forum I looked for it (because I would like to know which was the end of the film in its Chinese version) and it is archived and at the moment can't be read. 

By the way: does anyone around here know how the Chinese version ends? I haven't found the information yet. 

Edited by Missprincesa
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

It is the same with the Gangnam Blues thread. When I came into the forum I looked for it (because I would like to know which was the end of the film in its Chinese version) and it is archived and at the moment can't be read. 

By the way: does anyone around here know how the Chinese version ends? I haven't found the information yet. 

i really want to read gangnam bleus thread if its available. im curious to know how minoz reacted to kim jong dae at first sight. i joined soompi as a lurker only in 2016 and the only thread i knew back then is this one

i dont remember where but i did read that the chinese version has a happy ending. however im not so sure about this information's credebility though.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lupeace said:

i really want to read gangnam bleus thread if its available. im curious to know how minoz reacted to kim jong dae at first sight. i joined soompi as a lurker only in 2016 and the only thread i knew back then is this one

i dont remember where but i did read that the chinese version has a happy ending. however im not so sure about this information's credebility though.

Yes, I have read the same thing, that a different version of the end was recorded to please Chinese fans, and also more scenes with the leading lady (I can't recall her name). I have seen some of those scenes over YouTube, which weren't not included in the Korean version since they were recorded specifically for China. But I haven't seen the ending and I can't find anywhere where it is explained. Maybe in Chinese websites there is information regarding that, but I don't know Chinese :sweatingbullets:

• Like 6

12 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

http://kofice.or.kr/e50_exchange/e50_exchange_0B_view.asp?seq=1132&mnu_sub=

That's the release of English version. You may find the link of a pdf file for whole pages.

One C-Minoz who made the statistic list herself (according KOFICE datas) for years, she said the figures were same as already announced. The report of the investigation in 2020 should be released in next year. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

14 hours ago, JoannaID said:

I think it will help LMH's "staying power" if people of different generations are his fans.  

9 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Yes, I'll poke around first.  I know Lmangla mentioned that our polls also go to archive, but I have no idea where that is,.  NOw I feel as though I ought to post in all the LMH drama threads to make sure they don't go anywhere.  

cr:  MBC via Will.P.

Are you guys excited for the favorite scenes from PT poll?  Choose carefully because the top 2 will move on to the ultimate favorite scene poll against heavyweights like TKEM, Heirs, BOF and LOTBS!

PS. We hear his real laugh in the bloopers:D

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 4

9 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

Gangnam Blues didn't get the permission to be aired in China. Because in China, there's no rate system to divide audiences. Even after re-editing, the violence part can't be proper to all ages. (That's why the director edited a Chinese version, didn't intend to please Chinese audiences but get the permission. :P)
There is not any content leaking out, so no one know how's the story going in Chinese version.  

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

http://kofice.or.kr/e50_exchange/e50_exchange_0B_view.asp?seq=1132&mnu_sub=

That's the release of English version. You may find the link of a pdf file for whole pages.

One C-Minoz who made the statistic list herself (according KOFICE datas) for years, she said the figures were same as already announced. The report of the investigation in 2020 should be released in next year. 

I understand so they released early this time and they will release probably Jan-March 

13 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Yes, I'll poke around first.  I know Lmangla mentioned that our polls also go to archive, but I have no idea where that is,.  NOw I feel as though I ought to post in all the LMH drama threads to make sure they don't go anywhere.  

Did you here while we were rewatching LMH's drama during his MS, there are my gifs , I have almost 70 gifs if you want specific gif I can add but I can't add all of them again:lol: .But If you look my blog I will reblog them in next days  again. 

blog --->    https://lmhsny.tumblr.com/

• Like 6