Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

25 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Min2206, Korean naming is quite complex. This means a first name & a surname together. But, instead of given names coming before a family name, they do it the other way round. In South Korea, it's proper for the family name to be written first. So the first syllable you see is the family name. It can be difficult to differentiate a person's gender from their name in South Korea.

:ilike:

Spoiler

Yup  @willenette  sometimes you can't tell the gender from the names, not just Korean but the Chinese as well.  My grandma's surname is Lee from the Lee family, married into another Chinese (descendant) family, so she addresses herself as Mrs ___ (husband's surname).    Some of us named their kids with English name before the surname eg Mary Lee.  And my middle name happens to be Min.
Just a coincidence that when I first time read Min Jee Lee's name, it didn't occur to me that her surname is Lee.  Thank you.

• Like 4

@willenetteI found both TMZ (having seen US celebs earlier in my tweens teens) and Dispatch both to be rudely  intruding and not really reliable. But I get what you mean.

Still waiting for Official Announcement. I so want LMH to take up this project .

A. Because of the story itself. Every character is so well weaved. Unless they have a very bad script writer it has very less chances of called a bad project.

B. It apparently is taken over by PH of Morning Show ? I mean they made Jennifer Aniston from RomCom queen to Legit Actress to look for.(Again someone whose acting chops have always been overshadowed by her Iconic character in Friends)

Betty Boop Love GIF by Fleischer Studios

Oct 19, 2020 has officially been the Highest Posted Day in 13 years of this Thread on Soompi! Wow.

• Love 6
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

omg, you should watch the author’s interview, she talks about Noa..

I already wanna cry for Noa...

this book is such a tragedy

@Nikaa94, I'm just so happy that after his MS everything about his projects sound great. From "The King to Pachinko" - This time it's to a broader audience. I'm excited for this in case he takes it. in case he accepts, I have a feeling that he'll  either play Baek Isak or Noa Baek. Wait & see............I may stand corrected, though - hahaha. But,Baek Isak character will not center around him. It centers around Sunja. So, Noa or Mozasu are maybe fine???? And 8-EPs are not enough if LMH is in it. 20-EPs is fine - hahaha. I'm curious who they cast more here, though.  :blush:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 5

Here are all actors and actresses who will come to the '2020 Asia Artist Awards.' 

The '2020 Asia Artist Awards' revealed the lineup of actors and actresses for the awards ceremony today, October 20, 2020. There are a total of 17 confirmed actors and actresses so far. They include Lee Jungjae, Lee Junki, Kim Soohyun, Seo Yejin, Jeon Mido, Han Sohee, Park Joohyun, Kim Minjae, Lee Junhyeok, Lee Jaewook, Lee Sungkyung, Ahn Hyoseop, Kim Seonho, Ahn Bohyun, Kim Hyeyoon, Lee Jooyoung, and Ahn Eunjin. :blush:  This year's ceremony will be taking place on November 25th at 6 P.M KST (red carpet will start at 4 P.M KST) with Super Junior's Leeteuk as the MC of the night. :grin:

Just now, Missprincesa said:

I've just discovered that the book is translated to Spanish and I am working to get a copy to read it since it seems to be an acclamated book.

:)

I am really happy with the outlook of this mature project. Let's hope it is confirmed soon.

@Missprincesa, yes, there's a Spanish Edition of this. Actually Pachinko book  will be translated into twenty-seven languages. :blush:

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Missprincesa, yes, there's a Spanish Edition of this. Actually Pachinko book  will be translated into twenty-seven languages. :blush:

This is huge! I normally prefer to read/watch happy stories that can entertain me and make me forget about the sadness in the world (or History books, since aparently I am all for extremes), but all the reviews all of you have posted make me curious about this novel, so I will give it a chance (and let's hope LMH does too as it seems a huge challenge for an actor).

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

48 minutes ago, willenette said:

And 8-EPs are not enough if LMH is in it. 20-EPs is fine - hahaha. I'm curious who they cast more here, though

See no That is the Legit Required Impact, As a K drama audience and LMH fans we are greedy about his 20 episodic Stints, But a 8 Episode Solid Script and Right Story can be way more impactful in terms of getting him the Actual Recognition he deserves. 

From an Iconic Artist with huge fan following to someone who gets to have the Best Projects and Acting Accolades. He needs the Critical recognition worldwide now.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 3

So excited for Pachinko, this is just like TKEM countdown once again when Lee Min Ho confirmed after the  long wait from military service. thank heavens he now has a project now attached! This comes sooner as expected!

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 3

K-drama's Hallyu (Korean Wave)

The Korean Wave, which had been spreading locally in Japan and Indonesia, has recently been affecting the world. 

The momentum of K-content is alarming. It is a new Korean wave in a different way than before. The craze for Korean dramas and movies, which had been spreading locally in Japan and Indonesia, has recently been affecting the world. In addition to the desire to learn about Korea's overall culture, including Korean, from the simple way of consuming content, K-content's status in overseas markets is increasing as actor Lee Min-ho has been named the main character of "Pachinko," produced by Apple TV Plus (+) in the U.S.

http://news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp?arcid=0015129723&code=61181811&cp=nv

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 5

5 minutes ago, syntyche said:

K-drama's Hallyu (Korean Wave)

The Korean Wave, which had been spreading locally in Japan and Indonesia, has recently been affecting the world. 

The momentum of K-content is alarming. It is a new Korean wave in a different way than before. The craze for Korean dramas and movies, which had been spreading locally in Japan and Indonesia, has recently been affecting the world. In addition to the desire to learn about Korea's overall culture, including Korean, from the simple way of consuming content, K-content's status in overseas markets is increasing as actor Lee Min-ho has been named the main character of "Pachinko," produced by Apple TV Plus (+) in the U.S.

http://news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp?arcid=0015129723&code=61181811&cp=nv

All thanks to the power of Lee Min Ho!
Thanks for sharing this GREAT news @syntyche !  

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

Just saw this on Weibo.

Supposed it was the driver/guide (always took C-Moniz to LMH's filming sites) sending the message to C-Minoz and saying Pachinko (LMH) would start filming next Monday.   :elated:

Now 2 things are discussing on Weibo :
1. If LMH will start filming next Monday, why is there not official announcement by now ? Maybe it's an American drama and very different from K-dramas, he will comply with the process of A-dramas ?
2. Except GB (took the project before "Heirs"), his projects always started filming after 1 year of last completed filming. So, it's possible he was considering this project before "TKEM"

@Nikaa94 Wakeeeeeee Upppppppppp !!!!  :issohappy:

And the price of the book "Pachinko" (Chinese) in China was from RMB 14 at the noon to RMB 28 at the night yesterday just because it remarked "Lee Min Ho starred".  :P

• Like 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 4

List of Korean Actors Who Smoke in Public Places, Lee Min Ho to Kim Soo Hyun

daftar-aktor-korea-yang-merokok-di-tempa

The following is a list of several South Korean actors who have been caught smoking in public. There are Le Min Ho to Kim Soo Hyun you know! Smoking is not a prohibition for those South Korean citizens who are old enough. However, this image is not really highlighted considering their good image. Even so, many fans like the style of several actors secretly smoking a cigarette which is said to be more manly than usual in front of the camera. 

As one of the ways some celebrities can relive their stress, here are 8 celebrities who have been caught smoking.

3. Lee Min Ho

daftar-aktor-korea-yang-merokok-di-tempa

Netizens are digging further to find a more personal side to Lee Min Ho. They are very interested in the photo of him smoking in his spare time in the middle of shooting a commercial.

https://kuyou.id/homepage/read/14950/daftar-aktor-korea-yang-merokok-di-tempat-umum-lee-min-ho-sampai-kim-soo-hyun

8 Korean Actors Caught Smoking In Public, Hyun Bin-Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho

5f8d8e65e0c49-lee-min-ho_663_372.jpeg

Lee Min Ho was also convicted of smoking. When you look at the photo of the actor leaning against the wall with a cigarette, it looks like the moment was taken when Lee Min Ho was filming the 2013 drama "The Heirs"
However, Lee Min Ho himself admitted that he began trying to reduce his smoking habit. This became known in a 2019 interview.

https://www.intipseleb.com/korea/10698-8-aktor-korea-kepergok-merokok-di-tempat-umum-hyun-bin-lee-min-ho?page=4

I cannot understand why Korea pay such close attention to everyday habit. Is smoking banned?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Just saw this on Weibo.

Supposed it was the driver/guide (always took C-Moniz to LMH's filming sites) sending the message to C-Minoz and saying Pachinko (LMH) would start filming next Monday.   :elated:

1. If LMH will start filming next Monday, why is there not official announcement by now ? Maybe it's an American drama and very different from K-dramas, he will comply with the process of A-dramas ?
2. Except GB (took the project before "Heirs"), his projects always started filming after 1 year of last completed filming. So, it's possible he was considering this project before "TKEM"

And the price of the book "Pachinko" (Chinese) in China was from RMB 14 at the noon to RMB 28 at the night yesterday just because it remarked "Lee Min Ho starred".  :P

The increase in the price of the book overnight is proof enough of the inmense popularity of LMH. This should be on the headlines.

Regarding American dramas, as much as I know it is quite common for the actors to anounce their participation so I guess the process is not different from K-dramas in that aspect.

Edited by Missprincesa
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Just saw this on Weibo.

OMG OMG OMG I hope true maybe confirmation can be out tonight

14 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

OMG OMG OMG I hope true maybe confirmation can be out tonight

OMG @gtLmh0622 I said last day "LMH even should have though his next work after TKEM during MS" and really it can be true hahahaha

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

38 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

resimag.com/p1/7fe2ed315fb.gif

https://i.imgyukle.com/2020/10/20/IQV8Qq.gif

Так раздражает, почему нельзя добавить картинку или гифку

Leeminhosny, unfortunately I also faced this problem. Can soompi users tell me how to insert  .gif?

121965016_355074869040326_54483957833575

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

List of Korean Actors Who Smoke in Public Places, Lee Min Ho to Kim Soo Hyun

The following is a list of several South Korean actors who have been caught smoking in public. There are Le Min Ho to Kim Soo Hyun you know! Smoking is not a prohibition for those South Korean citizens who are old enough. However, this image is not really highlighted considering their good image. Even so, many fans like the style of several actors secretly smoking a cigarette which is said to be more manly than usual in front of the camera. 

As one of the ways some celebrities can relive their stress, here are 8 celebrities who have been caught smoking.

3. Lee Min Ho

Netizens are digging further to find a more personal side to Lee Min Ho. They are very interested in the photo of him smoking in his spare time in the middle of shooting a commercial.

https://kuyou.id/homepage/read/14950/daftar-aktor-korea-yang-merokok-di-tempat-umum-lee-min-ho-sampai-kim-soo-hyun

8 Korean Actors Caught Smoking In Public, Hyun Bin-Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho was also convicted of smoking. When you look at the photo of the actor leaning against the wall with a cigarette, it looks like the moment was taken when Lee Min Ho was filming the 2013 drama "The Heirs"
However, Lee Min Ho himself admitted that he began trying to reduce his smoking habit. This became known in a 2019 interview.

https://www.intipseleb.com/korea/10698-8-aktor-korea-kepergok-merokok-di-tempat-umum-hyun-bin-lee-min-ho?page=4

I cannot understand why Korea pay such close attention to everyday habit. Is smoking banned?

@nina_mitrokhina 5misnina, South Korea enforced strict smoking bans in public places including workplace since some years ago. As far as I remember, 2013 or 2015...... There's fines of ₩100,000 won on any spotted smoker and up to ₩5 million won on shop owners not following the law. But, the sale and use of e-cigarettes is legal, but is heavily taxed. :blush:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 2

Details of Lee Min Ho's Comeback on Acting; Starring in the Pachinko Drama

EkyChVoXgAIWmSX?format=png&name=small

If Lee Min Ho accepts this offer, it will be the first time for the actor to work with Apple TV. In addition, the Pachinko drama, which focuses on real Korean people, will provide a perfectly suitable role for Lee Min Ho. An extraordinary synergy seems to be created between Lee Min Ho and Pachinko drama screenwriter, Soo Hugh, who is of Korean-American descent.

Then the news of the drama or television series adaptation of the Pachinko novel has been widely heard since 2019. The screenwriter, Soo Hugh, has several times revealed her plan to immediately visualize Min Jin Lee's work. 

But for one reason or another, the continuation regarding the drama production Pachinko suddenly disappeared from the spotlight. However, now Pachinko novel lovers can anticipate that the drama version of Min Jin Lee's work will soon be realized by hooking Lee Min Ho as the main character.

EkyChVjXYAElOv8?format=png&name=small

At the time of writing of this article, MYM Entertainment, the agency that oversees Lee Min Ho, has not released an official statement regarding the participation of the actor born in 1987 to star in the drama Pachinko . Meanwhile, Lee Min Ho is still enjoying a period of rest after playing Lee Gon in the drama The King: Eternal Monarch (2020).

https://www.intipseleb.com/korea/10675-detail-comeback-akting-lee-min-ho-bintangi-drama-pachinko?page=4

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1

22 minutes ago, willenette said:

@nina_mitrokhina 5misninaЮжная Корея ввела строгий запрет на курение в общественных местах, в том числе на рабочем месте, несколько лет назад. Насколько я помню, 2013 или 2015 год ... Там штрафы в размере 100 000 вон на любого заметного курильщика и до 5 миллионов вон на владельцев магазинов, не соблюдающих закон. Но продажа и использование электронных сигарет является законным , но облагается высокими налогами.:румянец:

Willenette, thanks for the detailed explanation - I had no idea that Korea has such strict rules about smoking! In my country, smoking in public places is possible, but only in special areas. If you enter a cafe, the waiter asks: "You should be taken to the area for smokers or non-smokers?", And the person himself chooses where to go. It is not allowed to smoke in vehicles and elevators, there are special areas for smokers at work. But no fines for violators have yet been introduced.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1