Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

22 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

이민호, 한류 영향력 압도적 1위…드라마 '더 킹'도 주목 / SBS

(Lee Min Ho, Hallyu influence  overwhelming top 1.........Drama "The King" also pays attention/SBS)

TKEM ends and suddenly South Korea is appreciating its success overseas. 

While it was airing, they couldn’t stop publishing negative articles about it. 

Tsk, tsk. 

We international fans have always been proud. South Korea was sleeping and now riding on the hype. 

Better late than never. I hope our boy knows the wave he created, once again! :D

• Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 5

Lee Min-ho, the No. 1 influential influence of Korean Wave... The drama'The King' also pays attention.
Input 2020.06.17 14:48
출처 : SBS 뉴스
Actor Lee Min-ho boasted a unique presence as a Korean wave star by recording an overwhelming number of followers on social media. As of yesterday (16th), Lee Min-ho's Facebook and Instagram followers exceeded 17 million and 16 million respectively, and China's SNS Weibo also broke through 28 million. It is the largest record among domestic actors. The SBS drama'The King: Lord of Eternity', starring Lee Min-ho, is also attracting attention on the online video service platform. Wave maintains the top ranking in the drama for seven weeks in a row, while Netflix holds the top ranking in TV shows weekly rankings in Korea, Hong Kong, and Malaysia. In the world ranking,'The King' is the only ninth place among domestic works, adding strength to K content and the Korean Wave.
출처 : SBS 뉴스 원본 링크 : https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005840359&plink=COPYPASTE&cooper=SBSNEWSMOBEND
https://mnews.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?newsId=N1005840359&plink=LINK&cooper=YOUTUBE&plink=LINK&cooper=YOUTUBE

credit as tagged

• Like 10
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

Lee Min-ho, the No. 1 influential influence of Korean Wave... The drama'The King' also pays attention.
Actor Lee Min-ho boasted a unique presence as a Korean wave star by recording an overwhelming number of followers on social media. As of yesterday (16th), Lee Min-ho's Facebook and Instagram followers exceeded 17 million and 16 million respectively, and China's SNS Weibo also broke through 28 million. It is the largest record among domestic actors. The SBS drama'The King: Lord of Eternity', starring Lee Min-ho, is also attracting attention on the online video service platform. Wave maintains the top ranking in the drama for seven weeks in a row, while Netflix holds the top ranking in TV shows weekly rankings in Korea, Hong Kong, and Malaysia. In the world ranking,'The King' is the only ninth place among domestic works, adding strength to K content and the Korean Wave.
출처 : SBS 뉴스 원본 링크 : https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005840359&plink=COPYPASTE&cooper=SBSNEWSMOBEND
https://mnews.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?newsId=N1005840359&plink=LINK&cooper=YOUTUBE&plink=LINK&cooper=YOUTUBE

credit as tagged

Wow, that’s the best thing that’s been reported in South Korea of TKEM!

Am happy and proud :D 

I think our boy knows how successful his drama is. That’s all that matters to me. 

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 2

Just now, Heretorant said:

Wow, that’s the best thing that’s been reported in South Korea of TKEM!

Am happy and proud :D 

I think our boy knows how successful his drama is. That’s all that matters to me. 

EXACTLY!!!  I know we always wanted him to know about Netflix success, wavve, and the world ranking. So he knows!! He knows and that is the best in the world.  :heart:

• Like 9
  • Love 5

3 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

EXACTLY!!!  I know we always wanted him to know about Netflix success, wavve, and the world ranking. So he knows!! He knows and that is the best in the world.  :heart:

Chingu, I can literally hear your excitement through the screen! 

Oh wait, or is that my excitement bursting out of my heart?

:joy:

But really, all I care about is that lmh knows people LOVE TKEM! Look at us, such caring fans. Now I can move on happily because I know he’s happy :lol:

• Like 8
  • Love 7

15 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Chingu, I can literally hear your excitement through the screen! 

Oh wait, or is that my excitement bursting out of my heart?

:joy:

But really, all I care about is that lmh knows people LOVE TKEM! Look at us, such caring fans. Now I can move on happily because I know he’s happy :lol:

OMG!! Same!!  This SBS news wrapped up all the TKEM success well and now we can move on knowing LMH knows how globally successful his drama is. In addition, he KNOWS people in SK watch TKEM on Wavve and Netflix!!  Dear news anchor specifically mentioned about SK success and global success. Now we need some kinda honor hallyu award for LMH. :glasses:  

Lets move to the next projects!!! :glasses:

Considering the fact that LMH is a world star, producers and writers will look for him and he will be offered numerous well-written scripts. I would say, Netflix will chase after our baby. His next drama should definitely be Netflix original. 

• Like 7
  • Love 7

28 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

OMG!! Same!!  This SBS news wrapped up all the TKEM success well and now we can move on knowing LMH knows how globally successful his drama is. In addition, he KNOWS people in SK watch TKEM on Wavve and Netflix!!  Dear news anchor specifically mentioned about SK success and global success. Now we need some kinda honor hallyu award for LMH. :glasses:  

Lets move to the next projects!!! :glasses:

Considering the fact that LMH is a world star, producers and writers will look for him and he will be offered numerous well-written scripts. I would say, Netflix will chase after our baby. His next drama should definitely be Netflix original. 

YES and YES! 

I think Netflix might be able to offer a script that’s unique and a character that’s different. We also know Netflix originals don’t waste time, it’s usually short and concise and every scene matters so overall, their shows are top quality. I trust in Netflix. And I don’t mind lmh signing on to a show that will last for seasons. Believe me, Netflix should invest in lmh. It’ll be one of the smartest moves considering his first drama on there made it to top 9 worldwide! “First” as in new and currently airing. KES has power in South Korea but it was lmh who brought international success. Anyone can fight me on this but it’s the truth, most people tuned in because of lmh. I highly doubt Netflix isn’t interested in courting him. It’s a matter of whether he wants to work with them. 

Just have to end off with, I’m so proud of our boy :D 

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 7

Lee Minho Eating Fried Chicken In The King: Eternal Monarch Helps Chain Sell 550,000 Sets Of Chicken In A Month

lee-minho-chicken-cf--9-.jpg

lee-minho-chicken-cf--7-.png

lee-minho-chicken-cf--8--data.jpg

The scene where Minho's parallel universe-travelling King Lee Gon ate fried chicken (from BBQ Chicken, of course) for the first time was so widely-discussed, the brand sold over 550,000 sets of its fried chicken in a month. 

https://www.8days.sg/sceneandheard/entertainment/lee-minho-eating-fried-chicken-in-the-king-eternal-monarch-helps-12840004

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 5

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

YES and YES! 

I think Netflix might be able to offer a script that’s unique and a character that’s different. We also know Netflix originals don’t waste time, it’s usually short and concise and every scene matters so overall, their shows are top quality. I trust in Netflix. And I don’t mind lmh signing on to a show that will last for seasons. Believe me, Netflix should invest in lmh. It’ll be one of the smartest moves considering his first drama on there made it to top 9 worldwide! “First” as in new and currently airing. KES has power in South Korea but it was lmh who brought international success. Anyone can fight me on this but it’s the truth, most people tuned in because of lmh. I highly doubt Netflix isn’t interested in courting him. It’s a matter of whether he wants to work with them. 

This! Can we say it louder!!! I know I might offense some lurker... but this is his page and I’m gonna say it again. LMH did his part 100% in TKEM, he brought in the international viewers and fame for this show. KES and the production team behind it? Not so much. It’s a good scripts and it has deep story, and I can see why LMH and KGE on board with it, but I feel like it wasn’t develop properly. And the promotion/marketing? They did not did their best. If the writer and director would do better job at story telling and Make it less complex this could have been a hit  locally and globally. Can you imagine that? 

KES once said “the actors brought the viewers in the first episode, and the writers/story will keep the viewers”

LMH please please choose a project that will value you and your hard work next time. You deserves it!

• Like 3
  • Love 12

57 minutes ago, scrawford said:

This! Can we say it louder!!! I know I might offense some lurker... but this is his page and I’m gonna say it again. LMH did his part 100% in TKEM, he brought in the international viewers and fame for this show. KES and the production team behind it? Not so much. It’s a good scripts and it has deep story, and I can see why LMH and KGE on board with it, but I feel like it wasn’t develop properly. And the promotion/marketing? They did not did their best. If the writer and director would do better job at story telling and Make it less complex this could have been a hit  locally and globally. Can you imagine that? 

KES once said “the actors brought the viewers in the first episode, and the writers/story will keep the viewers”

LMH please please choose a project that will value you and your hard work next time. You deserves it!

I totally agree with all you said. LMH is the main reason why TKEM has become a global success. In addition, LMH-KGE chemistry is another reason why this drama is so loved. LMH brought TKEM to a different level. This once again proves that the existence of LMH alone in a drama can bring the whole drama to life. He gets absorbed in his characters so well that make drama special. Acting and portraying of character properly plays a very crucial role in how well viewers will tune in. Once again, we are very proud of him. He deserves the best and all I wish for him is better and better projects.  Lets wait and see what script writers and directors he will work with. To be honest, at this point I am kinda greedy and picky about his upcoming works. I really really want the very best for him so much so that I am willing to wait even 2 years from now. 

3 hours ago, Heretorant said:

YES and YES! 

I trust Netflix too. Like you said, the stories are different and screen time not wasted. LMH has now entered era of Netflix Korean dramas. He is the King of Netflix Korean wave. This is just the beginning!! :glasses: We have a brighter future for our baby ahead us. :wub:  People did tune in because of LMH. That is for sure. I don't know why would anyone disagree with that. 

• Like 4
  • Love 7

I tried back reading but there are just too many posts. :PI remembered reading posts regarding his possible future projects, top directors, and leading ladies to work with.

Based on the dramas he starred in, I've seen him as a silent warrior in Faith. I really love this drama. 

Because of Faith I watched this next one. (I copied this description straight from Dramabeans because I couldn't decide whether I should write a vigilante clad in all black instead )LMH' s character is a guy sweeping out crime from the seedy metropolitan underground in City Hunter and now a dignified honest to goodness royal in TKEM.  Well suffice to say his Lee Gon is now my favorite after the general warrior. :P

So I know that since I didn't mention his other famous roles mainly GJP, KTand HJJ it's because I didn't watch all three. 

Which is why probably many would disagree with me here but after TKEM,  I'd like to see him in a drama by PD Shin Won Ho. LMH has really good comedic timing,  and it would be nice to see him in a drama like Reply 1988 and Prison Playbook. Both are well crafted and filled with characters that you are bound to love for their relatability and quirkiness.

The PD's latest drama Hospital Playlist even managed to cast three actors together and one of them JJS even had to take a paycut because the production couldn't afford him.

It probably won't be possible but won't it be nice to see LMH in a slice of life kind of drama for a change. Sometimes even the mundane daily life could be interesting and fun with the right PD writer team. 

• Like 8
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, Heretorant said:

YES and YES! 

Great news! He knows and now rest of SK knows. TKEM global success wouldn't have been possible without him. 

Is there Netflix email where we can send them queries ( you..when are you doing your next project with LMH?) :D is there any official page where we can hound them to assign the top writers/directors/producers to work on a project and sign him on? Netflix should know by now he is the world.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

From the first episode, South Korea "National Grandma" Kim YoungOk acting as Noh OkNam melted the heart of the viewers with her cute affection toward Lee MinHo acting as Emperor Lee Gon. Behind his back, she was cutely installing talisman around his room when she got caught red-handed.

This couple of 50 years difference is well-loved by viewers as Kim YoungOK is like a mother and grandmother to Lee MinHo in the drama. She took care of him since he was young after his father passed away.

On-screen, they show perfect chemistry and so is off set!

Here, Lee MinHo and Kim YoungOK are joking around and he sweetly tells her to comfortably slap him in the scene. Lee MinHo never forgets to make surrounding actors comfortable on set.The two of them were also seen cutely interacting, laughing, and also seriously working on the set

Lee MinHo & Kim YoungOk Show Sweet Chemistry On & Off Set Of "The King: Eternal Monarch"

MYM Entertainment

Lee MinHo & Kim YoungOk Show Sweet Chemistry On & Off Set Of "The King: Eternal Monarch"

MYM Entertainment

Do you also like them too?

https://www.kpopmap.com/lee-minho-kim-youngok-show-sweet-chemistry-on-off-set-of-the-king-eternal-monarch/

• Like 5
  • Love 6

EawL2cXUMAEkD0g?format=jpg&name=small

After his latest drama " The King: Eternal Monarch ", it seems Lee Min Ho has chosen to take a short vacation. In the latest portrait on the Instagram page, the 32-year-old actor does look relaxed in a beautiful place. Reportedly at that time Lee Min Ho was in Jeju Island.

The news says that Lee Min Ho is together with the gang, 'Handsome Man', which include Jung Il Woo and Kim Bum . As is known, the three handsome actors are indeed close friends. The friendship of Lee Min Ho and Jung Il Woo was already established when they were still in school.

And what is quite encouraging is that Lee Min Ho also invited Woo Do Hwan, one of his co-stars in the drama, "The King: Eternal Monarch". Bromance between the two in the drama was indeed highlighted. Considering the two look so familiar and seemed to be getting closer even though they are not in front of the camera.

Although the fourth vacation portrait of the handsome idol was not proven by photos, netizens still welcomed the news happily. In fact they did not stop teasing Woo Do Hwan because he finally officially joined the friendship of 'Handsome Man' gang fronted by Lee Min Ho.

https://www.kanal247.com/media/konten/0000055583.html

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, htk9207 said:

Which is why probably many would disagree with me here but after TKEM,  I'd like to see him in a drama by PD Shin Won Ho. LMH has really good comedic timing,  and it would be nice to see him in a drama like Reply 1988 and Prison Playbook. Both are well crafted and filled with characters that you are bound to love for their relatability and quirkiness.

The PD's latest drama Hospital Playlist even managed to cast three actors together and one of them JJS even had to take a paycut because the production couldn't afford him.

It probably won't be possible but won't it be nice to see LMH in a slice of life kind of drama for a change. Sometimes even the mundane daily life could be interesting and fun with the right PD writer team. 

You spoke my mind! I have been rambling on and on these page few pages about how I’d love a slice of life drama from him. I think @kiklaminHo and @scrawford is also in agreement too. 

You took the words right out of my mouth. Extraordinary is fun but sometimes simplicity is better. 

But of course, i’m also up for a mind blowing unique script. All I’m asking for is a strong script that doesn’t confuse the general audience. :D 

2 hours ago, Layali said:

Great news! He knows and now rest of SK knows. TKEM global success wouldn't have been possible without him. 

Is there Netflix email where we can send them queries ( you..when are you doing your next project with LMH?) :D is there any official page where we can hound them to assign the top writers/directors/producers to work on a project and sign him on? Netflix should know by now he is the world.

I think we’re all on the same page and hoping for his next series to be on Netflix. I like Netflix too because there’s no pressure to reach a certain amount of ratings. If we look at the success of TKEM compared to Kingdom, TKEM is way more successful. Yet, aside from the new reports coming out now, South Korea did not appreciate it during its run while they praised the success of Kingdom. Imagine if TKEM had only been on Netflix. The response in South Korea would have been far different. I’m glad they’re coming around though :D 

——————————————

@syntyche why does it make me so happy that WDH is now part of their circle? I know we shouldn’t play favoritism but my favorite friend is now WDH lol. Sorry JIW. :P Kim Bum has always been last. Lol. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

credit as tagged

Where have you been south korean people?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Layali said:

Layali, Netflix makes it pretty much impossible to contact them any way but by telephone, but they make that very easy. (they do not have a direct email) Go to the bottom of any page on their web site, find the service code, and give them a call. You're usually talking to a human within a minute or so. If you don't have that service code, you're not logged in as a subscriber. You may try this no. +1-866-579-7172.  :blush:

[HanCinema's News] Drama Rankings for Wavve in the Third Week of June Unveiled

photo1198539.jpg

In the recent rankings for the domestic South Korean streaming service Wavve, "The King: Eternal Monarch" topped all other performers in the third week of June. The news comes as little surprise, as "The King: Eternal Monarch" had just aired its final episode on June 12th. Though the drama underperformed expectations it was the only drama to specifically target a younger audience more likely to use Wavve.

(skipped unrelated.....)

To read FULL article : https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-drama-rankings-for-wavve-in-the-third-week-of-june-unveiled-142416.html

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 2

cr:  as tagged.  

Here's another option for a leading lady-Jang Nara.  I've now watched a couple of her dramas and I like her.  Maybe the only downside is that I think her forte is rom com, although VIP was more of a melo.  I can't really picture them together, but who knows?

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

You spoke my mind! I have been rambling on and on these page few pages about how I’d love a slice of life drama from him. I think @kiklaminHo and @scrawford is also in agreement too. 

You took the words right out of my mouth. Extraordinary is fun but sometimes simplicity is better. 

But of course, i’m also up for a mind blowing unique script. All I’m asking for is a strong script that doesn’t confuse the general audience. :D 

I think we’re all on the same page and hoping for his next series to be on Netflix. I like Netflix too because there’s no pressure to reach a certain amount of ratings. If we look at the success of TKEM compared to Kingdom, TKEM is way more successful. Yet, aside from the new reports coming out now, South Korea did not appreciate it during its run while they praised the success of Kingdom. Imagine if TKEM had only been on Netflix. The response in South Korea would have been far different. I’m glad they’re coming around though :D 

——————————————

@syntyche why does it make me so happy that WDH is now part of their circle? I know we shouldn’t play favoritism but my favorite friend is now WDH lol. Sorry JIW. :P Kim Bum has always been last. Lol. 

I agree with regards to the script.

Too many kdramas started out strong then fizzled halfway. Which is the reason why I dropped so many dramas these past few years. This year alone I've only watched to the very end three dramas TKEM included. I couldn't even remember which drama I just watched before TKEM. I was quite shocked. TKEM obliterated that drama from my memory. So despite whatever flaws TKEM had,  KES still managed to write a script that is differently unique.

The only problem was that the story KES wanted to tell was too ambitious and too big to be crammed into just merely 16 episodes. There was just too many story arcs and characters that left a lot, me included confused by the storyline. I had to go and read BOD blog for in depth analysis and explanations. :D

For me I really liked the whole Detective team specifically Jang Mi and the Chief, TE's dad, Lady Noh, Secretary Mo and even Seok Ho Pil. I wished they had more screen time.  In weekend dramas the rest of the cast gets their own spot in the limelight to shine because they have 40-50 episodes. 

And so it only proves LMH, KGE, WDH and the rest of the cast showed how much they worked hard despite the scripts flaw and production edits.

And with Lee Min Ho as the King, he truly showed his star power through his engaging performance and magnetic screen presence. I didn't see LMH only Lee Gon on the screen. 

Sorry this post became overly long. I am just happy that the local news about TKEM dominating Wayve and topping Netflix overseas is finally showing some needed change by not just overly focusing on the local tv ratings outcome. Global online success do count a lot. I just wished the news came a little sooner to shut down the haters. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1