Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I believe the whole cast placed their trust in writer Kim and the production team. If you rewatch the the press conference, everyone sort of gave a disclaimer that the drama will be very confusing so you have to pay great attention or you will miss important details. Kge said the drama gets better as it continues but you have to start from the beginning to understand later. WDH said the two worlds can get confusing so you have to pay attention to what’s on the screen to know which world you’re in. LJJ urged viewers to pay attention to every scene. Lmh also admitted he was quite confused reading the script at some point before TKEM aired. It’s clear to me the whole cast trusted writer Kim and the production team even though they were pretty confused about the script lol. Like you said, sadly, I don’t think the writer and production team fulfilled their task. 

:tears: OMG!! You are right! LMH said he was confused. Why does it hurt now that I remember our baby was confused too? 

To be honest, I was both happy and sad that TKEM is over. Sad because despite all the stuff, I saw LMH every week and the story got better every episode and I liked their chemistry more towards the end of the story. I was happy it was over because I wanted him to move on and come back with a better project like a movie. 

Rough translation of a NEW article!!! :glasses:  

Lee Min-ho, Korea actor'overwhelming influence of Korean Wave'

=2020061610165003719d3244b4fed18217218612

Lee Min-ho continued to show the strong influence of the Korean Wave by becoming the #1 Korean actor with overwhelming number of followers on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Weibo.

Lee Min-ho is a global TOP actor with the largest number of SNS followers among Korean actors. Representatively, the number of followers on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter reached 17.3 million, 16.6 million and 3 million respectively, and Weibo surpassed 28.5 million (as of June 16). This is the number one record for all Korean actors.

In particular, in the case of Weibo and Facebook, it is showing the enormous global popularity as the overwhelming number one among all Korean artists, including singers and actors.

Even after the SBS `The King: The Lord of Eternity` (hereafter The King) ended on the 12th, Lee Min-ho's global popularity continues to rise. Lee Min-ho, who showed perfect visuals and mature acting that doubled the aura and dignity of Emperor Lee Gon of the Korean Empire, took control of the woman's heart with her unique emperor charm, further expanding global interest. Riding on Netflix, which has overseas viewers from over 190 countries, its ripple power is getting stronger.

Thanks to Lee Min-ho's passion,'The King: Lord of Eternity' maintained the number 1 position for 7 consecutive weeks in the wave ranking of the domestic online video service (OTT) platform, and Netflix, the world's largest OTT In addition, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Nigeria, etc., ranked first in the weekly TV show rankings. In Japan, India, Chile, and the Dominican Republic, it maintained the top rank with popular content to realize the global status of Lee Min-ho.

http://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202006160210&t=NN

Lee Min-ho breaks through 28 million Weibo followers... Unique Korean Wave Influence  https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000289904&spi_ref=m_entertain_twitter

Lee Min-ho, Facebook-Weibo and other global influence + topical'top among actors'  http://www.mhns.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=410141

• Like 8
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

:tears: OMG!! You are right! LMH said he was confused. Why does it hurt now that I remember our baby was confused too? 

To be honest, I was both happy and sad that TKEM is over. Sad because despite all the stuff, I saw LMH every week and the story got better every episode and I liked their chemistry more towards the end of the story. I was happy it was over because I wanted him to move on and come back with a better project like a movie. 

You spoke my mind! 

:bawling: as a fan, it does make me hurt for him. I only want the best for him. You know, the relationship we have with him is like rooting for our son. Funny I say that because he is older than me but still lol. :lol:

Me too! I’m sad I won’t get to see him week after week anymore but I’m also excited for his next project. I want it to be soon but more importantly, it’s better that he comes back with a strong script and character even if it takes time. I’ll just wait here patiently. I did it for 3 years, another year or so won’t hurt. I wish the next time he meets us onscreen, it’ll be a major hit! :D

*edit* by major hit, I mean in South Korea. Because we know TKEM crushed it overseas :D

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Another version of the article.

LMH is killing it! B)

2020061601001665900097831.jpg

"Still number one"...Actor Lee Min-ho, overwhelming followers on SNS

Spoiler

Actor Lee Min-ho still showed off his strong Hallyu influence by becoming the No. 1 Korean Actor with an overwhelming number of followers on social media such as Facebook, Instagram and Weibo.

Lee Min-ho is currently the most popular global top actor among the Korean Wave actors with the most SNS followers, and is showing unprecedented popularity. The number of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter followers reached 17.3 million, 16.6 million and 3 million, respectively, while Weibo surpassed 28.5 million as of June 16. This is the number one record among all Korean actors.

In particular, Weibo and Facebook are overwhelmingly the most popular Korean artists, including singers and actors.

Even after SBS' "The King: Eternal Monarch" (hereinafter referred to as "The King") ended on the 12th, Lee Min-ho's global popularity has been on the ceiling day by day. Lee Min-ho, who showed perfect visuals and mature performances that redoubled the aura and dignity of the emperor of the Korean Empire, dominated the women's hearts with his unrivaled emperor charm, further expanding global attention. With Netflix, which has overseas viewers in more than 190 countries, its impact seems to be getting stronger.

Thanks to Lee Min-ho's enthusiastic performance, "The King" maintained the No. 1 spot in the domestic online video service (OTT) platform Wave drama rankings for seven consecutive weeks, while in Netflix, the world's largest OTT, it ranked No. 1 in weekly TV shows in countries such as Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Nigeria. In Japan, India, Chile, and the Dominican Republic, Lee Min-ho's global status was realized by maintaining the top spot with popular content.

Among them, the most prestigious Netflix chart is "World Ranking," which collects and announces all 190 service nationalities, and "The King," is the only Korean film to rank ninth, contributing to the spread of K-content and the Korean Wave.

In various domestic and foreign media and social media outlets, Lee also boasted his unique presence as a Hallyu star. Keywords related to Lee Min-ho dominated the top ranks on China's largest SNS, Weibo and Twitter Worldwide Trends, and they proved their keen interest by putting their names on China's most popular Hallyu star charts. In one Taiwanese broadcast program, a corner imitating Lee Min-ho in the drama was also covered, and an Indonesian doctor working at the Corona 19 site made a warm impression by putting a name tag made of Lee Min-ho's photo on his quarantine suit to console the patient.

In addition, Lee Min-ho has solidified his position as a leading Korean actor in the Korean Wave by being selected as the "No. 1 Most Favorite Korean Actor" for two consecutive years from 2018 to 2019 in the "External Hallyu Survey" released by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Korea Foundation for International Cultural Exchange in February. As the final episode of "The King" was released on Netflix, Lee Min-ho's global popularity is expected to continue to rise.

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20200616010009783

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Lmangla said:

just to let you know, the actors section also has a poll feature. so if you want, you can use that to create a quiz using the poll function. or you can do it more informally with the regular post quote box.

Hi-I like the poll idea for some of the favorites.  Does the poll work the same way i.e. that I ask you to set it up?

Welcome to the LMH thread @madmad min and @lupeace!

I remember that LMH was to have a mini fan meet at the hotel (sorry forgot the name and too lazy to look it up) he endorses back in Feb.  It was rescheduled, because of covid, to June.  Does anyone know if that is going forward?  I remember that the rescheduled date is close to his b-day.  Or maybe rescheduled again?

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [2nd Week of June 2020]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 2nd week of June 

1. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“

EamO0uZU0AECrxb?format=jpg&name=small

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 2nd week of June

1. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Lee Min-ho 

4. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Kim Go-eun

EamO1IBUYAARkF0?format=jpg&name=small

Source: https://instagram.com/gooddata_official

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

sorry for cutting your post short. So he took KES's offer 1)because it is KES drama and hard to reject 2)he wanted to thank his fans for waiting for him. Thus, he didn't hesitate and took the offer to let us see him soon 3)LMH himself did not want to come back with a drama and maybe he even didn't like the story as much because if you guys remember LMH was asked during TKEM why he chose this drama and he honestly said it was because of KES. He didn't say anything like he was attracted to the characters. did he? correct me if I am wrong. LMH is always very honest and direct when he is being asked questions. This could mean that he thought that he fans have been waiting for so long and KES drama is worthy of coming back and that he can trust KES. 

So now he will probably choose different projects. Movie industry can provide the best opportunities to explore different genres and characters. If that is what he wants, I will surely support him. He needs to build his career as a movie star. LMH isn't a type of actor who accepts mediocre dramas. The drama has to offer something special. He chose to come back with TKEM because KES's name was behind it. I am kinda sad that despite his full trust, KES and the production team did not fully fulfill their tasks. I think it is best he goes to movie industry and gain experience along with amazing co-stars and directors. Movie industry is a whole different world. I already miss him weekly :tears:but he is an actor and needs to fulfill his own passion and desires too. 

Any news from an upcoming interview?? Are interviews halted because of the pandemic? I really miss his interviews. Miss him so much already!!:bawling:

By the way, one good thing about movies is that they promote a lot and we can see LMH in many press conferences. There are also particular award ceremony for Korean movies. Dragon award? and so on. 

Nikaa, you have a point here & I do agree with you - Marketing and promotion are important for actors at every stage and something that should not be overlooked. Of course, you definitely need to be talented and good at your craft and if you want to build a name for yourself and your brand, you must find creative ways to market yourself. It’s a huge component of the industry now and making it as an actor. Being a movie actor is you get lots of time off. Perhaps the best part of being a movie actor is you get most of the year off, since movies only shoot for a few months at a time. That's why, most actors who are doing movies use their downtime to go to the gym a lot or do whatever they want to do, be it personal or related to their work - anything they do that will be hired in future movies that will give them even more money and more time off. It's a win-win. :blush:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

@Heretorant:  Does he have, what looks to be a daisy, behind his ear?  lol

I thought of something that might be a cute drama.  I know quite a few of you want PBY for his next leading lady.  I think a detective team with the two of them would be quite funny and cute.  Maybe a twist, she is the serious one and he would be the goofy, somewhat incompetent one.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, CarolynH said:

I thought of something that might be a cute drama.  I know quite a few of you want PBY for his next leading lady.  I think a detective team with the two of them would be quite funny and cute.  Maybe a twist, she is the serious one and he would be the goofy, somewhat incompetent one.  

Hehehe yes he does. Reminds me of Faith. 

But goodness, he’s so cute! 

————————————

I actually LOVE your proposition! Lmh clumsy and dorky? Count me in! 

• Like 7

Just now, gtLmh0622 said:

The King on Reddit :

006eA78Fly1gft222ptdsj30iv08uaco.jpg

006eA78Fly1gft222plcej30lg0d6jy6.jpg

cr. DC

gtLmh, thanks for sharing this.  I hope LMH will consider his next project very carefully to avoid stumbling again. I will eagerly await his next project & will always support him, whatever happens. :blush:

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

15 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Hehehe yes he does. Reminds me of Faith. 

But goodness, he’s so cute! 

————————————

I actually LOVE your proposition! Lmh clumsy and dorky? Count me in! 

Imagine a cute and dorky LMH!! :wub: I remember in LBS, in episode 1 there was a scene where he is conning someone. He is wearing glasses with curly hair and he acts kinda dorky and nerdy. The scene was short but very cute. :relaxed:

By the way, look at his IG update. What a cutie we have!!  Lee Gon was a noble, polite, calm, and formal character. For his next project, may be he can try a character less formal, goofy, dorky, or even a little tyrant. It has been long since his BOF character (My favorite LMH character all time, no drama and no character can beat Go Jun Pyo's charms for me :wub:) .  I miss his bad-dark side. A little cold and Tsundere. I LOVEEE Tsundereeee :tears::relaxed:

I watched some parts of Secret Campus (LMH, PBY) and they look so cute!! I think LMH-PBY (MinBo couple :lol:) is more possible in rom-com like @CarolynH says. I figured PBY usually chooses rom-com-fantasy Korean dramas. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Nikaa94 said:

Imagine a cute and dorky LMH!! :wub: I remember in LBS, in episode 1 there was a scene where he is conning someone. He is wearing glasses with curly hair and he acts kinda dorky and nerdy. The scene was short but very cute. :relaxed:

By the way, look at his IG update. What a cutie we have!!  Lee Gon was a noble, polite, calm, and formal character. For his next project, may be he can try a character less formal, goofy, dorky, or even a little tyrant. It has been long since his BOF character (My favorite LMH character all time, no drama and no character can beat Go Jun Pyo's charms for me :wub:) .  I miss his bad-dark side. A little cold and Tsundere. I LOVEEE Tsundereeee :tears::relaxed:

Yes, memorable even if he only showed up for a short time. I remember he was laughing and clapping :lol: so funny and cute! 

Love, love, love GJP too! He’s full of charms! I even love his stupid curly hair :D

• Like 6

Just now, Nikaa94 said:

Nikaa, ye, LMH needs to have an image-shift for his next screen character, be it in a movie or drama. :blush:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

14 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Yes, memorable even if he only showed up for a short time. I remember he was laughing and clapping :lol: so funny and cute! 

Love, love, love GJP too! He’s full of charms! I even love his stupid curly hair :D

OMG!!!!! SAME!!!! I LOVEEEE GJP's hair!!! :heart: His hairstyle was the best part of GJP. GJP without that curly hair is not GJP for me. That cute hair completes GJP always and forever.  I wish Oppa comes back with curly hair (Not as much curly as in BOF) but he looks so cute with curly or perm hair. :love:  

wow!! So many articles talking about LMH being the most followed actor. :)  

Lee Min-ho, being so unique.. No. 1 in the global Korean Wave influence

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2020061610243826624&shlink=tw&amp=1#none

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

On 6/12/2020 at 6:21 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

Hi CallieP - you asked about LMH and if he talked about his 2 years in MS. He mentioned it in his very touching letter to fans on the last 8 Letters video.

he said “ due to the weight of a hiatus that wasn’t too short there were times I was overwhelmed with burden and impatience” he then went on to say it was his fans who helped him. 
It almost makes you cry when you watch it in the way he expresses his thanks to fans,

on YouTube it is : 8 letters EP 8 from MH 2U. (Thanks to wenroad for the English sub)

Thank you, I will check 8 letters Ep 8. I thought I saw all of them but I missed this.

On 6/14/2020 at 1:28 PM, Heretorant said:

I urge you to watch her in Hotel Del Luna. Her acting is impressive. And that’s coming from someone who started HDL with doubts because IU is an idol and I didn’t like her character in Producers. She changed my mind completely! I’d say HDL is worth the watch for her character alone. She’s one of the best female leads in my opinion, strong and iconic! 

I have to watch her before I can judge. I’ll most likely tune in for her new drama. But she has a lot to live up to? Because her character is giving me major IU in HDL vibes. And as said above, IU was impressive! 

One of my most anticipated pairing. BUT if they are paired together, we can expect most likely the genre will be rom-com because GHJ is the rom-com Queen. Even though I named her, I’m not sure if I want lmh to do rom-com next lol. 

Is it too much to wish that Ju Ji Hoon would decline Mount Jiri and lmh would be offered? That would mean a second collaboration with JJH. I’m up for it because this time, it’ll be different, it won’t be romantic comedy. I’m asking for too much huh? 

If I keep wishing, it might come true. :lol: That’ll check two boxes for you: Director Lee Eun Bok and Writer Kim Eun Hee. For me, 3 boxes including JJH in genre that’s not rom-com. :D

Though I’ll admit, I hated season 2 of Kingdom! That whole explanation of the stupid resurrection plant was just complete bs. But in general, my wish is formed with the thought that Mount Jiri will be good lol. 

I like IU in My Mister. Impressed with her change to serious actress.

On 6/14/2020 at 6:29 PM, Heilo said:

I honestly fail to see the importance of general local critics regarding TKEM and I heard things but nothing significiant and even the opinions that came out were hardly significiant or detrimental to TKEM. He only grew on that and look at TKEM how much it gained. I have also seen alot of praise from SK. You have both parts but nothing of it really matter. Because nothing could have propelled this show to be become such massive hit overseas or prevent it and just something that was bound to happen.

I also see alot of mention about dramas here and there I necessarily don't agree I want him to remain on TKEM and use it as ''HYPE MACHINE'' staying with it for like 3-4 seasons they can make it bigger and bigger. This has alot of hype and he can use that to his benefit instead of just leaving to look for something that is hardly interesting. 

While staying on TKEM for couple more seasons I want him to do movies on the side and I am gonna be honest and frank I want TKEM to be his last ever drama where he takes 3-4 more seasons with TKEM and after that no more dramas. He should release atleast 2 projects every year 1 movie and 2nd season TKEM followed by another 1 movie and TKEM 3rd seasons etc etc. Until the 4th season of TKEM. 

Why would I want him to remain on TKEM? It's because I truly and sincerely believe that the sky is the limit and it can become really really big if you keep building on it and that is how shows generally grow. It got massive hype already and fandom and they just continue growing due to word of mouth until it just gets bigger and bigger because all of the big shows started out smaller and just kept growing from season to season and this is in my opinion great start for TKEM and to explode further and further. He should use TKEM as side thing for him to raise interest and cause fanfare while doing movies on the side for serious reasons but whatever he dose he should not leave TKEM that is GEM. I am seeing things from clear glasses here 

I agree that he should use TKEM and Netflix as a springboard to bigger and better things. Since it is bringing him fame, he should use it. Game of Thrones was a huge success.  Since the Covid would be around for a year at least. Movies would not be a success. Maybe one more season to gain more viewers. If there is a Season 2 with no LMH, I may not watch it.

On 6/14/2020 at 6:50 PM, Heretorant said:

If only the writers and producers were willing to nurture TKEM and let it grow bigger and bigger. It’s big enough as is. For a Netflix show, it’ll definitely explode with season 2. Believe me, I would love to watch 3 more seasons of TKEM but the chances of renewal is unlikely so I have no hopes it’ll happen.

I like the way you think though. 2 projects every year. I’m up for it lol. 

Why do you think it will not happen? If it will explode , why won't Netflix consider it?  LMH does not want to do it, you think? If the pay is large enough???

4 hours ago, 1ouise said:

Whatever he chooses, I will be supporting.  :D  I agree with the comment that The King was a thank you to the fans who have been waiting for him.  A KES drama would be hard to turn down, and she wrote this one for him.  It delivered big time, and now that his comeback project is done, he can pursue something different.  I personally feel he has been pretty savvy with his career.

There is a drama coming up that matches my idea for him.  It's called Squid Gameand stars Lee Jung-jae and Park Hae-soo.  It has a great director, top actors, is not a romance, and is available only on Netflix.  The two leads are already chosen, but I would enjoy seeing LMH in something like this.  :)

SEOUL, Sept 2, 2019 - Netflix Inc., the world’s leading Internet entertainment service, announced that award-winning director Hwang Dong-hyuk will produce a new Korean original series, Round Six.

Round Six is a story of people who fail at life for various reasons, but suddenly receive a mysterious invitation to participate in a survival game to win ten million US dollars. The game takes place at an unknown location, and the participants are locked up until there is a final winner. The story will incorporate popular children’s games from the 1970s and 1980s of Korea, such as squid game, literal translation of its Korean name, which is a type of tag where offense and defense use a squid-shaped board drawn in the dirt.

Director Hwang Dong-hyuk is known for his latest work, The Fortress (2017), for which he won numerous prestigious awards, including best screenplay at Blue Dragon Film Awards. For audiences outside Korea, Hwang is also well associated with a huge box office hit Miss Granny (2014), which has been adapted in many Asian countries, such as China, Japan, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines.

“I’m already thrilled at the prospect of introducing Round Six to global audience through Netflix. I also have high expectations for the great collaborative work I’ll be having with them,” explains Hwang as this is his first time working with the global entertainment company.

Round Six will be available only on Netflix, with its launch date to be announced at a later time.  source

Is Squid Game also Round Six?  Round Six sounds interesting for LMH. He is such a gamer, he should do a gaming drama like Memories of Alhambra. Did not do as well as CLOY but I liked it a lot.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200616

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200616

Lee Min-ho, you can't hide your handsome face with a mask

Lee Min-ho showed off his handsome look.

On Wednesday, actor Lee Min-ho posted two photos of himself on his Instagram account.

In the photo released, Lee is staring at the camera wearing a black mask and a cap. Lee Min-ho, with a flower in one ear, drew attention with his warm visuals.

Meanwhile, Lee Min-ho played the role of the Korean Empire Emperor Lee Gon in the recently ended SBS drama "The King-Eternal Monarch," which received much love from viewers.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202006161150535208642_1

• Like 6
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Hi-I like the poll idea for some of the favorites.  Does the poll work the same way i.e. that I ask you to set it up?

Yea, if you give me the content, can set it up; we can also simultaneously set it up along with the party if you like for question like choosing the favourites.

• Like 1

Wow that house with a yard? I wonder if it is lee min ho's? Buying a house in Seoul is huge bcoz most celebs live in apartments. You have to be absolute rich even among A list celebs.

I wish he was a show off like some other celebs but he is so private about his earnings( could've mediaplayed him being highest paid ), his real estate. 

I won't be surprised if he owns 50 to 60 million usd in real estate. Even newbies own buildings these days. 

And lmh earning potential surpass local stars bcoz of his pan asian success and money he has earned from deals. Look at real estate owned by hallyu queens like jjh or shk. Lmh even surpass their endrosement  deals overall. As hallyu overall top celeb .

He is so humble. But i wish he releases articles lol.

• Like 9
  • Love 1