Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

EaRnY7VU0AAcSbx?format=jpg&name=small

Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam, Jung Eun-chae, and Lee Jung-jin, ahead of today's final episode, delivered their final impressions containing overwhelming emotions.

SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures) is a parallel world fantasy romance set in two worlds: the Korean Empire and the Republic of Korea. Above all, the main characters of "The King-Eternal Monarch," including Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam, Jung Eun-chae and Lee Jung-jin, revealed their best scenes selected by themselves ahead of the final broadcast today. They expressed their gratitude to viewers who have been with them so far and expressed their regret for finishing the work.

Lee Min-ho, who played the role of Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, said, "The eight-month long journey will be remembered for a long time," adding, "This is a work that I started as an actor in my 30s, and will likely be remembered as a nourishment time to enrich a chapter in the future. Above all, I would like to thank my fans and viewers for their long-awaited relationship. Lee Min-ho picked the ending scene of the fourth episode as his best scene, in which Lee Gon declared, "I am the emperor of the Korean Empire and my name, which is not to be called, is Lee Gon, ," after crossing to the Korean Empire for the first time with Jeong Tae-eul. "I hope everyone stays healthy at this time of the year, and I hope you will walk on the path you chose nicely. I will do my best every moment, and I will take a step firmly," he said.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202006121015442612483_1

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

I wonder why they did not do 20 or 24 episodes like Sunshine and they could use all that material, make it less confusing, with more explanations and they could take more time to flesh their story.

CallieP,  mainly, this is due to the fact that there are usually only 16-20 episodes. Each episode is around an hour long, so time is an issue; but because each episode connects to the larger plot line, nothing is wasted. Once the plot line is finished, the show is over and you can feel satisfied. :blush:

• Like 1

[HanCinema's News] "The King: Eternal Monarch" Tops Good Data Report Going into Final Week

photo1195880.jpg

Following a difficult broadcasting period where it posted ratings far under what was expected from its star studded cast and crew, "The King: Eternal Monarch" goes into its final week with the lead in the Good Data Report for most-talked about drama on social media. This victory is due in part to the slow disappearance of most of its other competiton. However, no doubt there is interest in how the drama will finally end, with leads Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun holding first and second for performers.

To get a sense of just how weak this competiton is, second place was "Once Again", a long-running weekend family drama. Though such dramas often get good ratings they seldom do well in social media metrics. "Kkondae Intern" was in third place, while "Mystic Pop-Up Bar" was fourth. "Unfamiliar Family" was in fifth place and "Oh My Baby" was in sixth place.

This data for this particular iteration of the Good Data Report was collected from June 1st to June 7th and measured social media reactions as well as news stories about the twenty-two dramas currently being broadcast in prime time slots. "The King: Eternal Monarch" will end on June 12th.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 4

13 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:

i am not ready for tomorrow:tears:

I am going to do the request in NFlix also.

kiklaminho I’m waiting to find out how Emperor Lee Gon will end his fight with uncle Lee Lim. This is the King's last chance to fix everything and save both the worlds.  Will the King succeed in killing Lee Lim without harming his younger self? Wait & see...... :blush:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CallieP said:

I wonder why they did not do 20 or 24 episodes like Sunshine and they could use all that material, make it less confusing, with more explanations and they could take more time to flesh their story.

I kinda agree with what you are saying. Some of KES previous dramas didn't have as much heavy material as TKEM but they were longer. The reason why some episodes feel rushed and we have uneven distribution of screen time is that there is not enough episodes to explain the story. The first episodes were overwhelming for K-netizens and they did not understand it. The first 4 episodes of a drama are the most important ones, because if they do capture the audience attention, then they are good to go. TKEM is a type of drama that needs to be seen from the very first episodes, if not viewers will not understand the story by just randomly turning on tv. I think the story was made this way intentional, like an unpredictable and complex fantasy story. TKEM is a Netflix material and not a drama for Korean ajummas (who mostly watch tv lol). :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2020 at 5:13 AM, willenette said:

CallieP, celebrities who have completed their MS are not prohibited to talk about their military life when asked about. I haven't come across any articles or interviews on LMH about this, the same thing with KSH BUT, JCW talked about it when he was asked then. (refer here : https://www.soompi.com/article/1326289wpp/ji-chang-wook-shares-thoughts-on-military-service-and-worries-about-returning-to-acting) :blush:

Hi CallieP - you asked about LMH and if he talked about his 2 years in MS. He mentioned it in his very touching letter to fans on the last 8 Letters video.

he said “ due to the weight of a hiatus that wasn’t too short there were times I was overwhelmed with burden and impatience” he then went on to say it was his fans who helped him. 
It almost makes you cry when you watch it in the way he expresses his thanks to fans,

on YouTube it is : 8 letters EP 8 from MH 2U. (Thanks to wenroad for the English sub)

• Like 6

I was thinking, WDH as ES was moving his body dancing to the Ginseng strip at the police station while LG was in the jail cell in TKEM.  I was thinking, he can dance. He has the moves.  LMH took lessons on how the sing and he is now good at singing, at Igonche with his lessons at Royal Speak. He is great at sports, basketball. Learnt surfing, skateboarding. He also took riding lessons and is a good horse rider. He is almost perfect in every way but I found his weak spot and he knows it himself.  He is not a great dancer. He trains hard for some moves so that he can do it. He has to have specific steps to follow so he can dance a little but he is not a natural born dancer which KDH is with his little short dance at that scene. His body can move to the music. LMH gets very shy and self-conscious when he dances but he is cute doing it even though somewhat stiff.  Remember one of his earlier ads, Cassel beer or something where he puts on black eye make up, it is a black and white ad and his hair is tied up in parts. He practiced some kind of a form dance. He was okay in it, his dancing.  However, he really had a very different persona there. Like a night person, vampire like.  Different from any LMH we are familiar with. I find it intriguing.

Well, baby boy cannot excel at everything. :joy:

@gtLmh0622 Thanks for your response. I just realized that Igonche is not a real word or language that royalty in Korea speak.  Igon is for Lee Gon and it is Lee Gon speak right? So it is specifically for TKEM. :grin: I found the page  3409 with Nikaa94 talking about it.

• Like 4

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Cast Shares Thoughts And Chooses Favorite Scenes Ahead Of Finale

5a6fd3540cc340debb2117a6ff4d6141.jpeg?s=

With the finale on June 12 ahead of them, the cast of “The King: Eternal Monarch” shared their thoughts on the drama coming to a close and chose their favorite scenes!

The SBS drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” tells the story of Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and detective Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), who live in parallel universes, one where Korea is a constitutional monarchy and one that is similar to the modern-day republic.

Lee Min Ho, who shows off his elegant looks and dignified acting through his character Emperor Lee Gon, commented that the eight months he spent with the drama will become something he’ll remember for a long time.

He continued, “This drama is one that I started as an actor in my 30s, and I think it’ll become a time of nourishment that will decorate the next page in my future.”

He then thanked the viewers, saying, “Above all, I am grateful for the people I have met again and for the people I have met for the first time. I want to thank the fans, who have waited a long time, and the viewers.”

As for his favorite scene, Lee Min Ho chose the ending of the fourth episode, where he had said after Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul first crossed over to the Korean Empire, “I am the emperor of the Korean Empire, and my name, which was chosen to not be called, is Lee Gon.”

Lee Min Ho mentioned to viewers as a final remark, “Don’t grow tired during these times, and I really hope you stay healthy. I’m rooting that you will nicely walk the path that you have chosen for yourself. As for me, I will do my best in every moment and go forth firmly with each step.”

the-king-eternal-monarch3.jpg

Finally, the production company Hwa&Dam Pictures commented, “We give our endless gratitude to the writers, directors, actors, and staff who have worked hard for a long time with the same goal in mind of relaying new and mysterious stories to our viewers. Please look for what kind of beautiful answers the finale of ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ will give.”

The finale of ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ will air on June 12 at 10 p.m. KST.

(skipped unrelated...)

Source (1) / soompi news

To read FULL article : https://www.soompi.com/article/1406273wpp/the-king-eternal-monarch-cast-shares-thoughts-and-chooses-favorite-scenes-ahead-of-finale

• Like 8

Spoiler

the last episode came and most of us was expecting a good ending for the OTP.

We had it but somehow I feel that everything was rushed and we had a last episode that could be epic especially the scene LR/LG but .......in my opinion was not.

The King is one of the best dramas of LMH and I think many of you agree with me.

For the days to come I ll take a more detailed approach to the drama but for now I am satisfied with LMH very good acting and mesmerized looks.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

Happy ending!!  :)

... but a bit unsatisfying.  :mellow:

Let's hope we don't wait too long to see LMH again.  

He was amazing as The King!  And so gorgeous!

A bit unsatisfying because it’s far too perfect for everyone else yet not perfect enough for the OTP. A happy ending but no definite answer on whether they’ll get married. It’s somewhat bittersweet but I’m not sure if I love it just yet. I’ll come around. I like the ending for the OTP more than I liked the ending for everyone else. It’s just too perfect that it’s not perfect. If you know what I mean. 

If I just think of this story as written for LG, then I fully accept it. It was intriguing and LG was written wonderfully! Everything was laid out so that LG’s story could move forward. The only thing that ever resulted from the doppelgänger switching (Lee sang do + SJ) was LG finding out LR was alive. The rest of the doppelgänger switching went to waste! Just a complete waste of screen time! In the end, LR fell flat as a villain. LG was an intriguing protagonist but LR was not a good match as a the antagonist. I had hopes of LR but he was taken out quite too easily. I wish he would have at least put up a fight before he died. I still like this drama but just wished LR was more fleshed out and I think @gtLmh0622 can agree on this. It was you who wanted more screen time for LR right? Lol. If I look only at LG and the love story, I love this drama to bits. But as a whole, it left things to be desired. Writer Kim is not good at writing villains. 

I love lmh as LG though! He delivered flawlessly and I’d say it’s one of his best performance! I love LG as a character too and will miss him dearly! I’m sad I won’t get to see our boy again next week. I hope he doesn’t make us wait too long. I’m already anticipating his next project! Please come soon. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

this is what i m thinking now .When we ll see him again. If he goes back to his old routine we need to wait for a year the less.

At least through ad offers we will  be able to see him.

SPOILERS

Spoiler

as for the drama all these pages from theories and analyses they put my adrenaline to the highest and I was expecting THE ENDING.

LoL LG used his beheaded order  and after all those times using this word the action had to be executed! Well done there.

But a villain like LR needed a better fight before his attractive head(yes for an ahjumma in my age he is attractive) was slashed.

What about the PM ? I was expecting so much of her role.

Same with Jo young.Wanted to see more bromance, more development in his character.

Despite all that I agree it was one of the best Minho's drama and he shone as King Lee Gon whose name should not be called.

Edited by kiklaminHo
adding
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

e5bffdc4fed747bcb6a136ef951ba23c.jpeg?s=

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Ends On Solid Ratings For Finale

SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch” has come to an end!

On June 12, the fantasy romance drama starring Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun aired its highly-anticipated series finale.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” held steady for its final episode, achieving nearly identical nationwide viewership ratings to its penultimate episode from the week prior. According to Nielsen Korea, the June 12 finale of the drama scored average nationwide ratings of 5.8 percent and 8.1 percent for its two parts.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1406447wpp/the-king-eternal-monarch-ends-on-solid-ratings-for-finale

EaWdNRwUcAAsWaK?format=jpg&name=small

EaWdPt9U0AAGzaP?format=jpg&name=small

EaWdPt6UwAEEmJr?format=jpg&name=small

Lee Min-ho 'started as an actor in his 30s and "The King" will be remembered as a time of nourishment' His closing remarks

"The King" left a lingering affectionate impression until the end. It was possible because of Lee Min-ho's passionate performance, which he had been running for eight months without a break.

SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King: The Lord of Eternity" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures) ended its 16th episode on the 12th. 

Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho), who killed Lee Rim (Lee Jung-jin) and kept the emperor's calling for the first time in 26 years, later shared his daily life with Tae Eul (Kim Go-eun), who was reunited with him in a difficult way, and traveled through various parallel worlds. "So we decide to love the fate that chose us. Just today. Forever," with a narration by Lee Min-ho, the hands of two people warmly facing each other even as they grow older, embellished the home room with long lingering imagery and emotion.

Lee Min-ho, who played the role of Emperor Lee Gon of the Korean Empire, has created a fantasy romance with a deep emotion that is different from the past, showing upgraded character digestion and inner workings with his elegant visuals and mature acting skills suitable for his role.

From the heart-warming straight-forward romance to the cool charisma of the commander-in-chief, fantastic uniform figures and excellent action skills. Lee Min-ho, who captivated the imaginative Lee Gon character, proved the power of the irreplaceable title once again by successfully capturing the hearts of women around the world.

Above all, Lee Min-ho led the vast story with more mature acting skills. In addition to his delicate eye acting that attracts attention, his deep and clear voice and expression put more weight on the emperor's character and increased his immersion level. The restrained performance, which heavily explodes the complex and subtle emotions that stir inside, has been praised as the best ever in each episode.

In addition, Lee Min-ho's appealing passionate performance in every monologue scene that changed the mood of the play showed the power to amplify the tension and emotion of the drama at every moment, further deepening the mournful melodrama sentiment. That's why the second half of "The King" has gained momentum.

Like this, Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, was created by reflecting Lee Min-ho's many worries and efforts. The past eight months with "The King" are bound to be a meaningful time for Lee. Lee Min-ho said, "This is the beginning of my career as an actor in my 30s, and I think it will be remembered as a nourishment time to decorate a next chapter in the future. Above all, it was good to be able to work with the writer, director, and good actors again in the field after a long time, and I think it will remain in my memory for a long time because I worked more deeply on the field than ever before," he said, expressing his special affection for the work and role.

Lee Min-ho then said, "I would like to express my deep gratitude to the fans and viewers who have waited for a long time," and added, "I sincerely hope that you will stay healthy at this time of year, and I hope you will walk the path of your choice well." I will also do my best at every moment and take a firm step forward," he said in a heartfelt greeting and encouragement to the viewers, creating a touching impression.

Lee Min-ho added depth to his start as an actor in his 30s through "The King." Expectations are high for Lee Min-ho's tougher and wider acting.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111372956

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 9
  • Awesome 1

Has anyone tried to authenticate their membership information since the server change at Minoz fan club?

I followed the instructions and updated my personal information, but I can't get my ticket number to authenticate.

I remember from last year that everything has to match exactly, even the spaces, but I couldn't get it to work.

They said if it doesn't work, send them a Q&A, but I can't get that to work either.

There is nothing for me to click to submit a question.

Have any of you been successful?

b7c7ff75f839b31b89038b8d4a1e24fdd076ce92

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

A bit unsatisfying because it’s far too perfect for everyone else yet not perfect enough for the OTP. A happy ending but no definite answer on whether they’ll get married. It’s somewhat bittersweet but I’m not sure if I love it just yet. I’ll come around. I like the ending for the OTP more than I liked the ending for everyone else. It’s just too perfect that it’s not perfect. If you know what I mean. 

If I just think of this story as written for LG, then I fully accept it. It was intriguing and LG was written wonderfully! Everything was laid out so that LG’s story could move forward. The only thing that ever resulted from the doppelgänger switching (Lee sang do + SJ) was LG finding out LR was alive. The rest of the doppelgänger switching went to waste! Just a complete waste of screen time! In the end, LR fell flat as a villain. LG was an intriguing protagonist but LR was not a good match as a the antagonist. I had hopes of LR but he was taken out quite too easily. I wish he would have at least put up a fight before he died. I still like this drama but just wished LR was more fleshed out and I think @gtLmh0622 can agree on this. It was you who wanted more screen time for LR right? Lol. If I look only at LG and the love story, I love this drama to bits. But as a whole, it left things to be desired. Writer Kim is not good at writing villains. 

I love lmh as LG though! He delivered flawlessly and I’d say it’s one of his best performance! I love LG as a character too and will miss him dearly! I’m sad I won’t get to see our boy again next week. I hope he doesn’t make us wait too long. I’m already anticipating his next project! Please come soon. 

agree!!! Hope we don't have to wait for so long. :bawling:  I don't mind waiting for him 1 year and a half as long as the news of his casting come out now. :lol: Can someone interview him please?? Usually he is asked in his interviews what he wants to do next. I want his opinion. I wish for a great come back with a great writer and director.  We need a great script and please no editing issues for next project. I wish I was working in his company and responsible for handling project offers. How fun it would be :lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Just saw MYM update!!!  Mr Lee!!! We will always support you!! :heart:  Please "Actor Lee Minho move forward" sooner and come back with so many projects, interviews, and so on :lol:  Our baby looks adorable in the picture!!!! :love:

• Like 5
  • Love 1