Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 23 May 2020 at 11:19 AM, happivirus said:

I could never imagined come a day an angry, fiercely looking LMH can be so cool and so sexy. Seeing him in ep11 oh TKEM kind of reminded me of Gangnam Blue.  Make me wants to see him in crime thriller roles next.

happivirus, I couldn't agree with you more - the EP 11, he went all bad-richard simmons. I love the scene. He handled the sword very COOL. And those intensed eyes.... LMH really does this better even in just short-seconds in this drama. I hope we could get to see MORE of this. 6 EPs left.... :blush:

• Like 7

With everyone pondering on the ratings for TKEM, it makes me remember what happened with Faith and what has happened since it aired.  :heart:

MH: Ah, then I'll talk about Faith, which I wanted to talk about only to drift away yesterday. [Fans cheered] On a whim. Actually, I was curious. Though I don't mean to say that Faith was turned away by the TV viewers, it was not loved very much. [Fans protested] Nevertheless, why on earth do my fans keep saying that they got a lot of consolation and healing from it despite that?

• Like 13

36 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

With everyone pondering on the ratings for TKEM, it makes me remember what happened with Faith and what has happened since it aired.  :heart:

1 ouise, I know people have different taste but, if you're a fan of LMH it somehow angers you writing bad reviews about the drama due to its ratings. I worry how this is gonna affect him. Well, I'm sure he knows that everything is a matter of taste. I just hope that his TF/EP won't be affected in his next project, same thing with any investors and sponsors in his next drama.  Ratings bring along recognition, and recognition is directly associated with CF contracts. SK is certainly not alone in the extremes that it will go to for ratings. The rating contributes to the sponsor. That's the entertainment industry works. :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, willenette said:

1 ouise, I know people have different taste but, if you're a fan of LMH it somehow angers you writing bad reviews about the drama due to its ratings. I worry how this is gonna affect him. Well, I'm sure he knows that everything is a matter of taste. I just hope that his TF/EP won't be affected in his next project, same thing with any investors and sponsors in his next drama.  Ratings bring along recognition, and recognition is directly associated with CF contracts. SK is certainly not alone in the extremes that it will go to for ratings. The rating contributes to the sponsor. That's the entertainment industry works. :)

I think the drama is really good and has been beneficial to him when everything is considered. The SBS is just a minor thing and dosen't hinder the success of the show on the wider scale. He has gained 3mio followers since airing of TKEM and still going. It has been positive for him internationally and local endorsements so on that front it has been good.

As for a new drama? I don't want him to take another drama here atleast for few years but I want him to remain on this drama for second season and remain with his WIFEY Kim Go Eun and babymama:kiss_wink: How can he leave the set when she is there.. there is big demand for 2nd second season. 

Heres to hoping that they will be hugging out in the bambo forest for couple more seasons :joy: 

KES owes her loyal International fans 2-3 more season of TKEM not only 1.. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, willenette said:

@willenette I begged to have different opinion  on this. Usually show did poorly on rating also didn't do well on streaming site. However TKEM is very unique, despite doing not so well in rating but perform extremely well on streaming site, such as Wave and Netflix ( sitting No1 in many countries).  Currently sitting 19 in the world and highly predicted to be top 10 later on on Netflex World chart, to make it to top 20 in the World being the only Kdrama to do so is an amazing achievement already. Having international success is no joke on its own. 

Any production LMH on board later on knows his international power.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

@gtLmh0622

You mentioned that MCs of variety shows are respecting him very much, what do they say about him?  He does very little variety shows, why? People will see him more and love this humble and dorky ways. Il Woo promotes him though. LOL

China will be a huge market for him and Chinese movies could be a greater success than Hollywood since he is liked in China and not so well known in the US so distribution will be wider. He is being recognized in India, Middle East, South America. New markets for him apart from South East Asia where he is already very popular.  The problem is there is still a Hallyu ban in China so he won't be able to take advantage of that market. Sigh!

@Elnin Joery

How can he leave the set when she is there.. there is big demand for 2nd second season. 

He can just do King for Netflix and not SBS so he does not need to worry about ratings then??? I don't think SBS will show King again due to low ratings. Positive side, less PPL and they can concentrate on story instead. LOL!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, CallieP said:

@Elnin Joery

How can he leave the set when she is there.. there is big demand for 2nd second season. 

He can just do King for Netflix and not SBS so he does not need to worry about ratings then??? I don't think SBS will show King again due to low ratings. Positive side, less PPL and they can concentrate on story instead. LOL!

Actually, this is my hope for his next drama. I hope he’ll take on a Netflix original, a true Netflix original as in Netflix produced and only aired on Netlfix. No need to worry ratings. In fact, if the king was Netflix produced, it would be considered a major hit right now. But because it’s airing simultaneously on sbs, people want to focus on that number alone. 

I’m of course up for The King season 2 on Netflix but even if not, I’ll take a different Netflix produced drama. 

4 hours ago, 1ouise said:

All is good here. The King in so many ways have surpassed Faith. Actually, The King may be an bigger hit internationally than LOTBS. LOTBS had good ratings but I don’t remember it being as well loved all over the world. The King has the advantage of being on Netflix so it reached the international market right away. The King is also not suffering from financial gains unlike Faith. Faith had a so many issues that probably left a bad memory with him. It wasn’t well loved internationally and it was suffering due to copyright and financial issues. Everyone involved in that project was left with a scar. But I’m confident this is not the case with The King. I wish we could speak with him and know how he feels. But I believe The King is doing a lot better than what’s reported. Of course they only want to focus on the ratings but when you look at the actual data of Wavve and Netflix, it’s doing pretty damn well. Maybe the ratings aren’t what they were hoping for but it doesn’t mean it’s a failure. It is successful in other ways. 

7 hours ago, graceyco said:

I'm sharing my post about LMH in my IG fan account because I really really really love this man so much!! And yes I am a shipper but I have come to really and sincerely love this man. I have nothing but praise for him :wub:

For me, Episode 12 of TKEM is his best portrayal of Lee Gon so far. I got goosebumps with his powerful acting here. Dark Lee Min Ho is serving!!! :heart:

Hello chingu, glad to see you over here! Your 4 reasons for appreciating him are spot on!!! 

• Like 11

Welcome @Elnin Joery and @lyrically aesthetic to the LMH thread!

I'm currently participating in the Viki watch party of Heirs ep 1 & 2.  Lots of good comments from people watching The King.  They don't understand the low ratings and why Koreans don't like it.  Favorable comments of LMH's acting.

OMG, I love that LMH sent Maximus gifts!:heart:

• Like 8
  • Love 5