Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Happy B-day June 22! Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

39 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Calling @Nikaa94 time to start your job looking for writers and PDs again lol

Yes yes yes :getmygrooveon: the best job in the world!! :joy:

when should I start? I wish we knew when he will finish filming for pachinko. I will have to keep up with drama and movie news as well. :D 

2 hours ago, JoannaID said:

For LMH next project, I'm still leaning towards the kind of genre/theme which will be very well loved in SK. Whatever that is which can resonate to SK audience taste. LMH needs more recognitions in his own country and hopefully his next project will be a critically acclaimed one.

Whatever character that he plays, LMH will always be able to bring it to life and make it iconic and memorable with his outstanding abilities. So we need the best script, the best crew (writer & PD) and the best matched FL.

Ah I miss LMH already, will he upload another movie log today? It's already Sunday in SK. 

:please:

Agree! He deserves the best of the best. If his next work will be aired locally on small screen or big screen, it should resonate to SK audience. I’m not new to Korean drama land, but i still find it challenging to say what exactly SK people want lol :joy: 

not many writers can pull off critically acclaimed dramas. Most writers go with either Hallyu material or Makjang drama. I don’t know any writer and PD for a critically acclaimed drama. We will have to search about it. :D Also, finding FL will be harder for a critically acclaim drama. But we will figure it out. 

I miss Min Ho too!! Hopefully we get an update today :Pandabulous:

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

Evidence that Lee Min Ho Dares to Do Extreme Scenes Without Stuntmen Reaping Praise

For fans of the entertainment world, South Korea is certainly familiar with the name Lee Min Ho. The charm of this actor is timeless. Even as I get older, his charisma looks even more stunning.

In 2020, Lee Min Ho also spoils his fans with comeback activities in the South Korean entertainment industry. As is already known, he starred in the latest drama, entitled " The King: Eternal Monarch," where he acted alongside with beautiful actress Kim Go Eun.

A line of evidence of Lee Min Ho's professionalism cannot be underestimated. Because one of the actor's fanbase accounts on Instagram shared Lee Min Ho's appearance while filming.

This is an excerpt from the drama "City Hunter" which aired back in 2011. At that time Lee Min Ho had to do a pretty dangerous scene, where he walked along a glass barrier then jumped over the barrier which was actually quite high. However, he chose to do the scene himself without using a stuntman.

61bx95I.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIS85Noh2ji/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

"It's crazy, he's like Tom Cruise when doing action scenes without a stuntman, salute ," said @dave **** ...

Currently Lee Min Ho is also preparing to greet fans through his latest drama entitled "Pachinko". He is known to be playing the character of Koh Hansu. He is someone who is quite powerful, charismatic and has a strong stand. Even Min Jin Lee also admitted that he idolized the character of Koh Hansu herself. 

https://www.kanal247.com/media/konten/0000066424.html

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 4

14 hours ago, CallieP said:

Thanks, I bought Faith and it was from Malaysia.  Did not like it that much and it was not blue ray.  Bummer.  I shall look out for it perhaps in the future.

@CallieP, I also have "Faith" DVD for my collection. I got it from Amazon. It's all region DVD version. A 5-DVD package. It's just that I got it a little pricey - $40.19 + shipping fee. Subtitles have English & Chinese. It works great. It is worth the price. :blush:

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Calling @Nikaa94 time to start your job looking for writers and PDs again lol

I haven't seen it either.  Let us know if you find it.  I also haven't seen....what's the movie where LMH is in the meat locker?  

@CarolynH, he only did 1-movie so, that must be "Gangnam Blues".....is it? :blush:

5 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

I just realized that I haven’t watched our school E.T. Yay, something new of LMH for me to watch . Going to search for it now.

@Aleumdaun, I haven't watched that, too! :neutral:

8 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

I’m not too keen on LMH in a remake or second seasons. I hope that he will have a very special story made for him - and that he has loads of screen time. If that could be a mix romance/thriller/action, I will be over the moon.

*** not only for LMH but I don't really dig remakes/part2s or anything for that matter..... Because for me, nothing could surpass the original, the 1st is always the BEST for me..... :blush:

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, willenette said:

@CallieP, I also have "Faith" DVD for my collection. I got it from Amazon. It's all region DVD version. A 5-DVD package. It's just that I got it a little pricey - $40.19 + shipping fee. Subtitles have English & Chinese. It works great. It is worth the price. :blush:

@CarolynH, he only did 1-movie so, that must be "Gangnam Blues".....is it? :blush:

@Aleumdaun, I haven't watched that, too! :neutral:

*** not only for LMH but I don't really dig remakes/part2s or anything for that matter..... Because for me, nothing could surpass the original, the 1st is always the BEST for me..... :blush:

He did 5 movies. Public Enemies, Get up, Our school's ET, Gangnam Blues and Bounty Hunters all tho Get up is counted as TV because it was a TV movie where as Google list that as movie. 

lee-min-ho-11.png

I watched pretty much everything on Lee Min Ho and alot of people haven't explored his pre-BOF. I had quite a blast with Get up, Our School's Et and Public Enemies. 

By the way @CarolynH that scene from the meat locker is in Public Enemies that was literally where LMH made a name for himself in that movie despite having a supporting role and short screen time he made a huge impact with his acting. It was a pretty gritty gangster genre. Technically Lee Min Ho's acting career took off for the first time as a gangster and from there on he started getting calls and roles etc etc he impressed in that role which partially lead to him getting BOF and the other part was ''I AM SAM'' he truly nailed that comedic and goofy character despite being supporting role again it remains one of his best pre-BOF days. Get Up is also another unique one that I enjoyed it was ahead of it's time.

Lee Min Ho and Rhyme had good chemistry together. In the first act they beat the RickRoll'D out of each other and then proceeded to become best friends ever. Taking a journey together to the country side in search of Lee Min Ho's crush in some ski resort.

But in general I am relieved that Lee Min Ho is somehow back in a gangster character despite not being a gangster genre. I would love to see him doing another gangster movie or even multiple seasons gangster Netflix series. Going different direction completely while most people are going into good guys LMH should go opposite and journey back to villiany 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 6

3 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

He did 5 movies. Public Enemies, Get up, Our school's ET, Gangnam Blues and Bounty Hunters all tho Get up is counted as TV because it was a TV movie where as Google list that as movie.

I watched pretty much everything on Lee Min Ho and alot of people haven't explored his pre-BOF. I had quite a blast with Get up, Our School's Et and Public Enemies. 

By the way @CarolynH that scene from the meat locker is in Public Enemies that was literally where LMH made a name for himself in that movie despite having a supporting role and short screen time he made a huge impact with his acting. It was a pretty gritty gangster genre. Technically Lee Min Ho's acting career took off for the first time as a gangster and from there on he started getting calls and roles etc etc he impressed in that role which partially lead to him getting BOF and the other part was ''I AM SAM'' he truly nailed that comedic and goofy character despite being supporting role again it remains one of his best pre-BOF days. Get Up is also another unique one that I enjoyed it was ahead of it's time.

Lee Min Ho and Rhyme had good chemistry together. In the first act they beat the RickRoll'D out of each other and then proceeded to become best friends ever. Taking a journey together to the country side in search of Lee Min Ho's crush in some ski resort.

But in general I am relieved that Lee Min Ho is somehow back in a gangster character despite not being a gangster genre. I would love to see him doing another gangster movie or even multiple seasons gangster Netflix series. Going different direction completely while most people are going into good guys LMH should go opposite and journey back to villiany 

@Elnin Joery, ohhh.............. I didn't know that - not until you said so. Thanks for the info - :blush:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

16 hours ago, CallieP said:

This is a US web site correct?  I was trying to find out where they are based and I think it is US.  Some of you mentioned that you don't want him to be compared with the Spanish actor but if you remember BOF has 4 versions and SK version is the one that endured the most and longest because LMH made the character his own. And SK version of BOF 

SK version of BOF is the most Popular maybe now netizens know more about BOF than its original Magna, the Thai Version which released its trailer recently Credited BOF before The Magna.Imagine The GJP and BOF phenomenons strength it outdid the original in popularity.

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

4 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

lee-min-ho-11.png

Couldn’t agree more ,  no effort , if looks could kill. That’s why I think  Hansu’s role is perfectly fitted for him, and can’t wait to see him as the character and not the actor. 

• Blob 5

5 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

Thanks for the info @Elnin Joery :heartxoxo:

cr minozdee
cr minozdee

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

1 hour ago, Guine said:

Couldn’t agree more ,  no effort , if looks could kill. That’s why I think  Hansu’s role is perfectly fitted for him, and can’t wait to see him as the character and not the actor. 

I totally agree with Guine - it’s a great part for him.

I have just finished the book and Hansu

is a very complex character. If the series follows the book then there 

is a lot for LMH to get his teeth into. 

• Blob 6

7 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

Gangnam Blues' PD said he chose LMH because of LMH's looks in Public Enemies

+ PD's wife is fan of LMH :lol:

• Blob 5

On 12/5/2020 at 1:31 AM, syntyche said:

Vote For Your Favorites For The Metro Best KDrama Awards 2020

Here's all the ways you can make sure your favorite dramas, actors, and actresses win big in this year's awards!

You've been with us from the beginning of our K-fever this year and now we reach the highest peak honoring the best dramas via Metro Best KDrama Awards 2020!

So, how to vote? Find out below.

METRO BEST KDRAMA AWARDS - PEOPLE'S CHOICE VOTING MECHANICS

Voting period will be from December 5 (12 NN) until December 13 (11:59 AM)

The People's Choice category winners will be a combination of Social Media votes from Metro.Style Facebook, Metro KDrama Club Facebook Group, and Metro.Style Twitter and Metro.Style website.

The votes will be counted every day by 10 AM and announced via Metro.Style website with the corresponding tallies.

You can only vote once per social media platform (Metro.Style Facebook Page, Metro KDrama Club Facebook Group, and Metro.Style Twitter) starting December 5.

Website voting will start on December 9. You can vote multiple times.

Winners will be presented on December 16, 8 PM during the Metro Best KDrama Awards 2020 Event on Facebook.

TO VOTE ON METRO.STYLE'S FACEBOOK PAGE

Go to Metro.Style Facebook Page and look for the KDrama Awards 2020 Photo Album. (You will find one album per category.)

To vote, click LIKE or react HEART on the photo of the nominee.

Only likes and hearts reactions will be counted.

TO VOTE ON THE METRO KDRAMA CLUB FACEBOOK GROUP

Join the Metro KDrama Club Facebook to become a member.

Look for the pinned post. (Pinned post with links to poll threads.)

Each member can vote once per category.

One entry is equivalent to 2 votes.

TO VOTE ON METRO.STYLE'S TWITTER PAGE

Go to @metrodotstyle on Twitter.

Click the link on the pinned tweet on how to vote.

Only likes from the official tweet will be counted.

And that's how you'll be voting for your favorite dramas, actors, actresses, songs, and even kisses! Are you as excited as we are?

Hide contents

https://metro.style/culture/spotlight/metro-best-drama-awards-2020-voting-mechanics/28381

I haven't watched Money Heist either. But I'm aware it's a big hit globally. It's quite intriguing who they will choose for this Korean version. But I'm clueless if LMH would ever consider it. :D 

I tried to find it on twitter because I do not use Facebook but I don't know where to find it.  I did find the metrostyle  Kdrama but it is not apparent where to vote.  It says you must click on the right picture.  It is confusing.  

• Where's My Oppa? 4

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

I tried to find it on twitter because I do not use Facebook but I don't know where to find it.  I did find the metrostyle  Kdrama but it is not apparent where to vote.  It says you must click on the right picture.  It is confusing.  

Just like  a liike= a vote

Spoiler

• Thanks 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

So far, I have finished re-watching LOTBS and BOF!

I’m rewatching Heirs!   

omg, Kim Tan makes my heart so happy. I’m literally watching episode 5 now. The scene where he shows up to CES’s school and then goes to the cafe she works is soooooooo cute!! :highonflowers:  

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

15 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

Thank you!  I'll have to watch it along with the other pre BOF dramas and movies.

cto

coming tomorrow--the final LOTBS quiz.  We'll start the new year with another drama quiz.  Which do you guys want BOF or Heirs?

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

So far, I have finished re-watching LOTBS and BOF!

I’m rewatching Heirs!   

omg, Kim Tan makes my heart so happy. I’m literally watching episode 5 now. The scene where he shows up to CES’s school and then goes to the cafe she works is soooooooo cute!!  

you and me both. I love that scene in front of CES’s school and the phone grabbing at the cafe.. it’s fun.

Any pics of Pachinko Hansu? I’m eager to see his Hansu look.

• Blob 5

32 Of Our Favourite 2020 Crushes That Made Us Forget This Horrid Year

In 2020, since we were low on human interaction - we found our crushes online, mostly on our favourite shows and films. Here is a list of celebs we couldn't help crushing over in the pandemic, because they looked amazing on-screen or because they were busy doing good off-screen.

6. Lee Min-Ho 

Lee Min-Ho as Lee Gon in Netflix's The King had us swooning for all the right reasons. Thought the show wasn't a smashing success, we stuck through just for him. 

Skipped unrelated, source: https://www.scoopwhoop.com/entertainment/ultimate-celeb-crush-list-2020/

Yes, no matter what naysayers may say about TKEM, Lee Gon is indeed my BIGGEST CRUSH in 2020, through his character, I found LMH and became a fan. :love:

EV2IfiCUwAAL9UP?format=jpg&name=medium

EV2LTg3UcAAZ-CA?format=jpg&name=large

EV7ZeynUcAAwtCH?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 3

Thank you @JoannaID for Lee Gon's awesome-y pics!   When I watch Daejang in Faith, I fall for LMH-Daejang, when I watch Kim Tan, I go crazy for LMH-KT, now seeing Lee Gon, there I go again :joy:  Will it ever ends, no.. !

cr CheongKwanJangSG Instagram 7Dec2020 

• Like 2
  • Blob 3