Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

LMH LINE profile photo update

uG0Gf7i.jpg

These Are The Top 10 Most-Watched Netflix K-Dramas In The World This Year

One of these dramas even made it into the top 10 most-watched shows overall!

Korean TV shows are bigger than ever this year, converting even those who are new to the Hallyu wave. It helps that Netflix is constantly adding new dramas to its international library, giving viewers an easy way to get their fix. Wondering which watches were everyone’s top pick? Here are the top 10 most-watched K-Dramas and reality shows this year so far.

1. The King: Eternal Monarch

And in the 1st place spot is 2020 drama The King: Eternal Monarch, which is the 10th most-watched Netflix show in the world overall this year. It’s also currently still in the Netflix top 10 in Malaysia, Singapore, Nigeria, and more.

9NyAE5FYEzxbhhJvxHvxTzjzvklvQpVi6fLz9qPX

In The King: Eternal Monarch, Lee Min Ho plays King Lee Gon, the leader of the Kingdom of Corea, who was saved by a mysterious detective with a gun. Meanwhile, in the Republic of Korea, Jeong Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), the detective in question, is working undercover. When King Lee Gon falls into her world, everything changes.

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/top-10-watched-netflix-k-dramas-in-world-year/

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

LMH LINE profile photo update

These Are The Top 10 Most-Watched Netflix K-Dramas In The World This Year

One of these dramas even made it into the top 10 most-watched shows overall!

Korean TV shows are bigger than ever this year, converting even those who are new to the Hallyu wave. It helps that Netflix is constantly adding new dramas to its international library, giving viewers an easy way to get their fix. Wondering which watches were everyone’s top pick? Here are the top 10 most-watched K-Dramas and reality shows this year so far.

1. The King: Eternal Monarch

And in the 1st place spot is 2020 drama The King: Eternal Monarch, which is the 10th most-watched Netflix show in the world overall this year. It’s also currently still in the Netflix top 10 in Malaysia, Singapore, Nigeria, and more.

In The King: Eternal Monarch, Lee Min Ho plays King Lee Gon, the leader of the Kingdom of Corea, who was saved by a mysterious detective with a gun. Meanwhile, in the Republic of Korea, Jeong Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), the detective in question, is working undercover. When King Lee Gon falls into her world, everything changes.

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/top-10-watched-netflix-k-dramas-in-world-year/

So why does the Korean media leave out TKEM when they talk about Netflix successes only mentioning CLOY, HP, Goblin, IONTBO, IC but leaving out the #1 show. Why the bias? Be accurate in your reporting.

Edited by Sushimi
Do not quote photos, thanks
  • Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 4

17 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

LOL, I found something funny and shake my head at myself that I still had it. It's the exam result in Heirs :D

I totally forgot about this but now that I'm reminded, lol, so Young Do is smarter than Tan and Tan is smarter than Eun Sang?!

ha!  I didn't know KT scored higher than ES!  I remember people posting about her score.  I wonder if Young Do really applied himself, he'd score higher than Chan Young?

8 hours ago, msdot said:

There's an interesting vertical split in his face in this photo that I hadn't noticed before. When I cover up the right side of the photo the remaining half looks  a bit more reserved and skeptical, at least to me. The other side,  a bit softer, more open. It's mainly the eyes that are different.

There are theories about vertical splits in faces, saying that the two sides of a face can show different or mixed emotions. Curious, I looked at several full-face photos of him (or close to full-face, as he rarely faces a camera totally head on). The left side of the photo usually looks more reserved and the right side looks more engaged with the world, more expressive. If I got wildly speculative here, I'd suggest that in this photo, the left side indicates he may be a little  perturbed about something,  and right side shows he's on more of an even keel, as we know LMH tends to be, easily letting stuff roll off his back . 

I'm sure not an expert, but it was fun to play with the idea while still stuck in my house. What do you see? Am I making this up so I have something to think about while waiting for his new project?! :P 

This is interesting @msdot.  I thought I was imagining it, but the right side of his face has a softer look.  I think his double eyelid is more pronounced on the right side.  

When will we hear from LMH?

giphy.gifAUGUST!

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 3

Recent Korean Minoz DC Gallery post:

Topic: There is no Instagram update and it is quiet

credit: https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=690181&_rk=tDL&page=1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topic: Feelings of overseas fans waiting for personal update ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

img%5D

Caption

Me: waiting for Lee Min Ho to update

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=690199&_rk=ArW&page=1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahahaha!! Korean Minoz also figured out how much international fans are whining and begging for update!! :joy:

I bet Korean Minoz lurk in LMH soompi thread  :doggie:  

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

54 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Topic: Feelings of overseas fans waiting for personal update ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

I bet Korean Minoz lurk in LMH soompi thread    

You are so right ...

@Nikaa94 : waiting for Lee Min Ho to update   ....  me too
giphy.gif

cr actorlmhindia

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 3

On 7/30/2020 at 7:16 AM, Lee taemin 123 said:

Who is watching Lee Jong ki's new drama with moom chae won called flower of evil? I know this is not related to LMH but since we have talked about his new drama character I think this character will fit him. I just finished with the first episode and was really good. 

I want to watch it. But I'll binge watch it after it ends.

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

22 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

At least now a number of media outlets are reporting facts. Koreaboo and Kpopmap. Good for them.

On 7/31/2020 at 4:50 PM, Edgar Pordwed said:
On 7/29/2020 at 6:46 PM, Lee taemin 123 said:

Who is watching Lee Jong ki's new drama with moom chae won called flower of evil? I know this is not related to LMH but since we have talked about his new drama character I think this character will fit him. I just finished with the first episode and was really good. 

It is funny how so many LMH fans suddenly want him to play the role of a villain or psycho. Is it  a new trend in Kdrama?  There are now at least two or three new dramas with main characters playing autistic type roles, lacking in emotion.  I think LMH should lay off accepting such roles at the moment. Don't want comparison with the others. 

I like this quote from a fan

Edited by gm4queen
Mod Edit : Please don't quote images/ videos/ GIFs/ Twitter posts! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

Minozzza!:smooches3:

TBH, I don't agree with LMH playing villain or serial killer. This is my personal opinion. But it not fun to watch the main lead as a killer or other psychos. why not in movie??

See,

1) LMH always takes his time to come back

2) Minoz all around the world wait long time for him to come back

3) When he comes back after a long wait with so much anticipation

4) Would you be happy if his character was villain for 16 hours?

5) I don't understand why some fans want him to go to such extents

6) His character Can be dark but does not have to be serial killer

7) Minoz don't want LMH to be in a drama that is similar to other dramas or characters 

56 minutes ago, CallieP said:

There are now at least two or three new dramas with main characters playing autistic type roles, lacking in emotion.  I think LMH should lay off accepting such roles at the moment. Don't want comparison with the others. 

agree!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

I’m always down for any one I like watching playing a villain :fullofhearts:

It’s not necessarily the most interesting of choices, so I wouldn’t ever push for it (not that I have any say lol). But I love me an evil hottie.  I am such trash for them lol.

Loki, Kylo Ren, Draco Malfoy...even hot uncle Lee Lim.   I had to turn the AC on when LG and LL faced off during the NY scene. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

Minoz!! August is here!!  Will we get project announcement news?  I am excited!!

I don't wait so early announcement, I don't think LMH can choose already any drama/movie , We just grateful for him if he will update IG frequently 

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 2