[Drama 2023] A Secret Woman / Woman in the Veil - 비밀의 여자 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

2 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

That's what I said! I truly don't think she's dead.

Greetings.   The subs I saw said SR had died and Uncle was still in mourning. 

Anybody know what happened to Ep. 88?

But back to a question raised in my last post.  Why the soul switch?  If one of the two actresses was going to be sidelined for the drama, why bother having a second or third female lead?  Scratching head emoggi.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

That's what I said! I truly don't think she's dead.

Thanks for keeping me  updated on the story i stop watching the drama when SR got her memory back and decided to join AR team.here we go again now GW have 2 nutty people to deal with and she can barley take on AR,so when i found out SR was to die i jump back in now we can get to the revenge part and it was great when SR ask GW to get revenge on YJ and AR and she will donate her part of her Liver yeahhh but it was short lived now they throw the story of YJ dad at the 80th  episode really" they could have done that in Ep 50s or 60s say what you will about SR death YJ end up with the Thumb drive in the end  and he get to supposedly kill  her with his car and get away with it for now what a waste, but now we have the Scoby Gang chasing the Chairmen  assistance and we have AR and YJ is still  plotting and is already on Ep 87, this writer must of run out of ideas so she threw in this story line to stretch it out and i guess her promise to SR is  she can wait. and wrap all of this at 99 Ep.I think i will go back to Meant to be where the story of the FL and  her getting out for revenge.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

3 minutes ago, Yazusa said:

Thanks for keeping me  updated on the story i stop watching the drama when SR got her memory back and decided to join AR team.

You're welcome chingu. I stopped watching at that time too.

3 minutes ago, Yazusa said:

this writer must of run out of ideas so she threw in this story line to stretch it out and i guess her promise to SR is  she can wait.

This is the MIAV writer... we shouldn't have expected much for this daily, I guess. :lol: Again, still convinced SR is alive, based on the dialogue I can sense a return at the end.

4 minutes ago, Yazusa said:

I think i will go back to Meant to be where the story of the FL and  her getting out for revenge.

I already dropped this drama a long time ago, Meant To Be is definitely better and the FL is smart there. Same writer as ice Adonis/Yellow Boots and Bird That Doesn't Cry/Sing, which were good dramas. The beginning is slow, though. But the FL is driving the villains insane.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

15 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Still wondering if a twist is coming if not okay wow lol.

The twist is TY is a Nam. 

We have GW and family looking for father's killer, JAR manipulating to avenge her mother but SRi s dead, therefore the  stories of the 3 women are now cut to 2. Both storylines converge on one man whose lines in the last 80 episodes were mostly 'let's eat'. :D . Now he has tried to kill his father. 

There are still 30 plus episodes left. I think the Cain and Abel story will continue for many more episodes. TY will probably need to wait till episode 100 before he finds his father. His uncle will know his indentity first.

ok time for a poll.

• Like 2

New Poll is up!

Riddler mark gif by pink-ninja on DeviantArt

Thank you @maribella for suggesting the poll questions. :heart:

Tagging chingus :happydance:

@TheQueenReturns @backstreetboysfan @liyahsbutterfly @Yazusa @Chickpea @Lmangla @shahila197878 @joccu @perfectmouse @kboramint @crystaltears @marrez1 @Newbie21SG

re: Your friendly, neighbourhood EO  Team 

@partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl and @confusedheart

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Hey chingus!  :fullofhearts:

barbie logo glitter for Sale OFF 75%

Hey Barbie, Let's Party! 

Let's take a walk down the memory lane with Barbie with our new event.  Share your memories associated with Barbie and don't forget to tell us which actor and actress would be the most suitable for a Korean version of the Barbie movie? 

re: Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team 

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

18 hours ago, maribella said:

The twist is TY is a Nam. 

We have GW and family looking for father's killer, JAR manipulating to avenge her mother but SRi s dead, therefore the  stories of the 3 women are now cut to 2. Both storylines converge on one man whose lines in the last 80 episodes were mostly 'let's eat'. :D . Now he has tried to kill his father. 

There are still 30 plus episodes left. I think the Cain and Abel story will continue for many more episodes. TY will probably need to wait till episode 100 before he finds his father. His uncle will know his indentity first.

ok time for a poll.

Greetings, Chingu

Another twist is GU and the Demon are sisters.  I wonder how the fact that GU's body died with SR is going to affect this drama and the fact that it was the Demon who chased her sister to her death at the hands of her husband/ex-husband.  All these relationships are getting jumbled.  If SRs body lives but SRs soul has departed, who is alive?  SR or GU. Who did the Demon kill, her sister or her nemesis? Who did YJ run over, his ex-wife his wife or his sister-in-law or a complete stranger?  If Uncle was in mourning for SRs passing, I don't mind not seeing the funeral but why doesn't it appear the police are looking for her killer?  And, according to the synopsis, SR was the heiress who "owns everything" what does that mean?  I thought it might mean she was a major shareholder in YJ group.  Now she, and SY are dead.  Did Uncle get her money?  Is GU sitting on it?  Is it her money the Demon plans to use to take over YJ group?  And perhaps that's why the soul switch because GU in SRs body will no way permit that.  Perhaps being literal is a problem with these dramas but usually in literature or storytelling every character, everything about the characters and every situation is necessary for the outcome, the conclusion the writer has in mind.  Until tomorrow.   Have a wonderful Sunday, Chingu.  

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

14 minutes ago, Chickpea said:

I wonder how the fact that GU's body died with SR is going to affect this drama and the fact that it was the Demon who chased her sister to her death at the hands of her husband/ex-husband.  All these relationships are getting jumbled.  If SRs body lives but SRs soul has departed, who is alive?  SR or GU. Who did the Demon kill, her sister or her nemesis? Who did YJ run over, his ex-wife his wife or his sister-in-law or a complete stranger?  If Uncle was in mourning for SRs passing, I don't mind not seeing the funeral but why doesn't it appear the police are looking for her killer?

This is why I still think SR is alive, because there's SO many things that need to be explained. And she is a core part of these explanations/conclusions. Plus, the souls have to switch back at some point. And I believe it was in the synopsis too that they'd switch back. Or on the KBS website, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

But her mother was killed by an accident orchestrated by YJ's father. GU's mum died in Vietnam. If they are siblings, there must be many side stories. The girl YR's existence is another possible story. She was kidnapped in the last episode.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

This is why I still think SR is alive, because there's SO many things that need to be explained. And she is a core part of these explanations/conclusions. Plus, the souls have to switch back at some point. And I believe it was in the synopsis too that they'd switch back. Or on the KBS website, if I remember correctly.

just catching up on last week's episodes. at some point, serin will pop up again. as you said, we haven't had the mandatory putting flowers on her grave scene to confirm death or anything on those lines. also, I have been wondering why they would cast a known actor to play yujin's dad when he barely had any scenes. in previous dramas, he was a strong character. now, we are seeing him reveal his true colours. similarly, the actress playing serin is also known. it wouldn't make sense to give her essentially a cameo. so the writer has more twists up her sleeve. 

• Insightful 1

21 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

But in Episode 88 again someone mentions SR's death and Uncle being in mourning... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chickpea said:

But in Episode 88 again someone mentions SR's death and Uncle being in mourning... 

I know. But that doesn't mean she's truly dead. In most dailies, if a main character dies, there's a funeral. Plus no one's trying to catch the killer, as you said. And there's still more mysteries to be solved, plus Shin Go-Eun is a famous actress.

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

similarly, the actress playing serin is also known. it wouldn't make sense to give her essentially a cameo. so the writer has more twists up her sleeve. 

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

at some point, serin will pop up again. as you said, we haven't had the mandatory putting flowers on her grave scene to confirm death or anything on those lines.

Indeed. Also, there's been no indication of an investigation, we haven't seen her body in the morgue either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

I know. But that doesn't mean she's truly dead. In most dailies, if a main character dies, there's a funeral. Plus no one's trying to catch the killer, as you said. And there's still more mysteries to be solved, plus Shin Go-Eun is a famous actress.

Exactly. 

Indeed. Also, there's been no indication of an investigation, we haven't seen her body in the morgue either.

Greetings,  chingu (bowing emoggi).  Okay, I look forward to how writer-nim is gonna pull off resurrecting SR.  It's not like the resurrection of the dead has never happened... it's happened at least twice that we know of... so we're into it now...  the murderous HY vs the murderous YS... add attempted patricide to my ever-growing list of moral crimes being committed in this drama...

• Like 2

Just now, Chickpea said:

Greetings,  chingu (bowing emoggi).  Okay, I look forward to how writer-nim is gonna pull off resurrecting SR.  It's not like the resurrection of the dead has never happened... it's happened at least twice that we know of... so we're into it now... 

Greetings chingu. :fullofhearts:

Hooray! I've swayed you! Dailies tend to surprise us.

Spoiler

Ice Adonis killed off the male lead.

And A Vindictive Woman had the guts to kill off the actual protagonist at the end.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2023 at 6:09 AM, maribella said:

The lawyer brother pretended to date her who was smitten by him. Now he has her as sweet love or something as unoriginal on his phone. The usual trope is for her to find out that he had pretended, break off, he realises he cannot live without her because she is so sweet blah blah, they get back together with a lot of sighs. It may take many episodes. I hope this is done virtual, like during the de riguer time leap. She was quite a nasty bit earlier on but not as nasty as the sister in Second Husband who bagged the baker boy.

feel like these two will break up because dimwit's father killed GW's father. wasn't it serin's uncle that said even romeo and juliet cannot overcome murder? besides, lawyer brother has a sneaky look on his face whenever he interacts with dimwit. so it doesn't look like he is even teeny weeny bit interested in her. just wants to use her for potential info. 

• Like 4

On 7/16/2023 at 8:34 PM, liyahsbutterfly said:

Nope, the synopsis didn't said that

i think GU will remain in Serin body

i don't think  Serin in GU body is alive, she is dead

But i think the switch body/soul was too ambitious, even if i liked this part,  the synopsis said that Serin is a  rich heiress and owns everything, Serin was sexy and savage and a fool stupid lol, i thought that GU in serin body will have all these rich ressources against evil people ,  i know she worked hard for these 5 years, she was studies and she was abroad,  but it just too passive and her character has no changed at all, so why this switch, what's this purpose? she a a child but now no blood related, ! Maybe for the purpose of actress performance,  I WANTED TO FOUND A REASON available but there are none,   soon the end:relieved:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

i don't think  Serin in GU body is alive, she is dead

Nah. Not buying it. Her death was way too quick and there's a lot of plot holes regarding it. It's just bad writing if she's dead. She wakes up out of a coma just to die? That makes no sense at all.

• Like 1