[Drama 2022] Gold Mask, 황금 가면 - Mon - Fri @ 19:50 KST

0ly40

I'm trying to hold out until the time Jump in Revenge starts. But it looks like the original synopsis will be true with her husband actually joined hands with the mother to set her up because he slept with that tramp she most definitely either will be pregnant or will fake like she's pregnant. He ain't even hot anyway with that dogone early 2000s late 90s hairstyle.

The revenge and actress better bring it, because the first person to her list needs to be the head maid and her staff Just for kicks.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I dislike the hangdog look of the FL and dislike all the other characters much more, however, I FFW so much I missed the money lender and son's scenes. I guess they will be her saviours? 

The FL's parents seemed as pathetic as she was -at least for the few scenes I saw.

I think the hussy will have a kid, hopefully he's not Taeyang, he is so cute. There were scenes in the trailers which had her and a kid, and a few shots of the jelly fish husband with a fatuous smile on his face.

The FL is probably going to miscarry in the next episode. She was also given something that made her pass out in the last episode. The MIL from hell has made her in charge of the next launching while at the same time planning to get rid of her. So I think it will be the scene when she slapped FL.

I can hang on for one or two more episodes of gut wrenching abuse of the FL. No more than that.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

From where did those recording of FL and ML come, the one that was displayed during fashion show. Did i miss few scenes of FL and ML 

15 hours ago, Pat Lopez said:

Is this worth watching? 

Wait for few episodes till FL becomes powerful enough to avenge. Right now she is a doormat, getting super harassment from MIL and Vamps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

I've been watching this. I dropped A Secret House. Man, Soo-Yeon is irritating, but I know the payoff is gonna be worth it. But I love Go Mi-Sook, she's so sweet and her interactions with the other characters are absolutely hilarious!

The MIL makes me wanna punch my screen. She was in The Noblesse (a daily I expected revenge in... and something else totally BIZARRE happened so I dropped it.) CYR's acting has definitely improved since Gracious Revenge.

As for Yoo-Ra, she looks too much like Choi Yoo-Ra from Ice Adonis... creepy. I think she wants the company. Nothing to say about the FIL, I can tell he's gonna die soon.

SY's parents are kinda sweet, I sure hope nothing bad happens to them!

5 episodes later:

dead harry styles GIF

Damn it. :neutral:

Anyways... I don't care about Jin-Ah/Gina, sorry, she's a brat. I forgot about Soo-Yeon's sister, Jin-Woo makes me wanna fall asleep, and Dong-Ha is pretty attractive so I'll give him a chance. Ms. Lee creeps me out with that sharp voice and stone cold demeanor of hers. 

I've been looking for a good/decent daily drama since The Second Husband ended, it seems like I've found one! I'm hoping the revenge is good here too. 

Side note, has anyone watched Filipino teleseryes? Know any good ones about revenge with an FL and a sad ending (preferably where the villain dies?) I started watching The Heiress (Kadenang Ginto) and it reminded me a lot of Penthouse: War In Life.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, shana0127 said:

From where did those recording of FL and ML come, the one that was displayed during fashion show. Did i miss few scenes of FL and ML 

Wait for few episodes till FL becomes powerful enough to avenge. Right now she is a doormat, getting super harassment from MIL and Vamps.

Thank you! I will 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

19 hours ago, shana0127 said:

I am guilty of FFW too much. But I think it was taken when she became unconcious at the dinner/drinks with her friends. Most probably at that time. She woke up at a hotel room. There may other scenes which I had skipped over though.

Abuse, bullying and infidelity are just painful to watch esp. when FL just takes it and takes it. I hope she has a miscarriage and like Ms M, she is going to carry the grudge, right to the bitter end. All the kumbaya stuff at the end in Second husband and Love Twist makes me want to strangle someone.

edit: I guessed right, one of the scummy trio - hussy, evil MIL or jellyfish husband - taped her being helped to a hotel room. 
Preview showed her husband slapping her and chasing her out of the house after the mother showed him videos of evidence of her cheating.

I caught a bit of her parents and they seemed to be in awe of the husband's house and wealth.

This is kdrama and the writer could write what she or he wants, but really l, would someone who grew up in a warm loving home put up with such rubbish? That's why I think her parents are also pushovers.

She'd better hit rock bottom in the next episode and leave the house. Do not come crawling back like a stray cat. Or I shall have to leave for a while and get my brains unscrambled.:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Ok. I am taking a break from this show. 

The 'video' and doping of her drink were obviously the work of the guy in the video. I thought he had gone to the house to bail her out but he claimed he had been 'seeing her'. I think the MIL from hell had set it all up.

The absolute pits was the FL who behaved like a punching bag, a piece of rag and at the end of the episode like a flea bitten stray cat kicked to the kerb and still coming back for more.

I just realised that 'Tae Yang' is already a young kid, I thought he was going to be born later. That means she had been abused for years, bloody imbecile! I think there was another show which had me going 'die, die, die'. That's how I felt when I watched the stupid FL. A lot of mothers would fight against abuse so that their children would not be exposed to it. This Kdrama does not have any limits. 
She was kicked out and crawled back, telling them she was pregnant. 
Really, writer? How many more episodes are you going to prolong this thread? Usually it takes 1/3 of the show for a revenge to kick in. :wut: Twenty more!!!! A tout á l'heure. Will nip in, but I need time off from watching.

Addendum: 

Her mother is in hospital and needs money for surgery. The SIL was going to pay. Her equally moronic cousin hid the viral news of the 'cheating cinderella' from FL's father. Imagine the morose father going to the SIL asking for help. 200.gif

Brilliance is genetic, so is the opposite? The writer probably believes it.

• Like 3

i agree with everyone here, the abuse is too much, i wonder how the actress can take this lol

i just hope the revenge start soon

and i really hope no redemption for villains here, please, this trash rich family should beg and be poor at the ending

• Like 2

Hello to Everyone!  I've been away from K-Drama for a few years now. :lol:   Love to read all of your comments.

I chance upon this drama yesterday.  Story is too abusive.  Overall acting is kind of "robotic".  But addictive :P.  The lady acting as the mother-in-law has always been a good actress. What happens to the FL - Chae Ye Ryun?  She is not so beautiful here.  She used to look better.  But not here.  I could hardly recognise her at first.

My personal feelings on the various characters so far:

1) So far, my fav person is Kang Dong Ha (Lee Hyun Jin) - the ML.  He is the only decent guy here.

2) FL is too passive. Virtually a "Door-Mat".  No doubt she loves her husband.  But if after 7years of marriage,  he still cannot stand up for you.  Allows you to be treated as a Maid.  It is time to Run/ Divorce and lead a happier and independent life.

I find her "dumb" also.  After all that had happened, she still did not doubt the American-Korean girl - Seo Yu Ra at all??

Did not doubt her mother-in-law when she suddenly becomes so nice?

The classmates get-together.  How can she just consume her drink after being away from the table. Nobody should do that in this age and time. And how could her female classmates allow that man to take her home.

She should have immediately explained to her husband the moment she reached home.  Knowing the type of toxic-family she is with.

And meeting up with her male classmate at his office and allowing him to behave so chummy with her at the car-park? 

(The way she behaves render it difficult for me to sympathise with her)

100 eps is too long.  Let's see if I can survive this drama  :crazymad:

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

This drama is very very difficult to watch.

I have skipped through a few scenes because it’s so difficult.  however I do keep peeking here and there.  I hope everyone that does FL wrong including her hubby received bad karma.   

I will continue to peek in and out due to curiosity.  just disgusted how FL is being treated and I do want to puke seeing her being so submissive….  That is too old fashion for todays independent woman. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mizv said:

This drama is very very difficult to watch.

I have skipped through a few scenes because it’s so difficult.  however I do keep peeking here and there.  I hope everyone that does FL wrong including her hubby received bad karma.   

I will continue to peek in and out due to curiosity.  just disgusted how FL is being treated and I do want to puke seeing her being so submissive….  That is too old fashion for todays independent woman. 

@mizv  I believe most of us agree with you - that it is difficult to watch.  And at 100 eps, they should have released 2 eps per day.  

C-Dramas do not exceed 40 eps now.  Previously they seldom exceed  70 eps unless it is an Epic Project.  And if they do, they will release 8 eps initially.  Followed by 2 eps per day.  More reasonable and pleasant to watch.

Seo Yu Ra's times will come soon.  In ep 8,  the housekeeper Ms Lee saw her using Ordered Food for the dinner.  MIL complimented on her cooking and she readily accepted the compliments.  How long can one pretend to be an Expert Cook?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Seo Yu Ra's times will come soon.  In ep 8,  the housekeeper Ms Lee saw her using Ordered Food for the dinner.  MIL complimented on her cooking and she readily accepted the compliments.  How long can one pretend to be an Expert Cook?

I don't think Yura is going to disappear any time soon, yes she's a secondary character but she seems quite prominent , I guess she will succeed in marrying FL's ex-husband, but she will probably do other manipulations. Anyway I hope that in the end of this drama  she pays a big price,and i hope  she doesn't end up with this guy, I tend to see in this kind of drama how this kind of manipulative couple toxic with each other who destroyed the life of FL and of others peoples, decide to stay together at the end and just ask for forgiveness, it's ridiculous

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I don't think Yura is going to disappear any time soon, yes she's a secondary character but she seems quite prominent , I guess she will succeed in marrying FL's ex-husband, but she will probably do other manipulations. Anyway I hope that in the end of this drama  she pays a big price,and i hope  she doesn't end up with this guy, I tend to see in this kind of drama how this kind of manipulative couple toxic with each other who destroyed the life of FL and of others peoples, decide to stay together at the end and just ask for forgiveness, it's ridiculous

Of course she's not vanishing from the show. Most likely the evil MIL knows the charade. But they need each other to get rid of the colourless spineless FL. Being very similar, SFL and evil MIL will most likely have a falling out later.

A kumbaya ending with them falling into each other's arms  ( SFL and el creepo husband) is also highly probable. Let's hope it's after their prison sentences and in a rooftop shack.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, marrez1 said:

2 hours ago, maribella said:

Of course she's not vanishing from the show. Most likely the evil MIL knows the charade. But they need each other to get rid of the colourless spineless FL. Being very similar, SFL and evil MIL will most likely have a falling out later.

A kumbaya ending with them falling into each other's arms  ( SFL and el creepo husband) is also highly probable. Let's hope it's after their prison sentences and in a rooftop shack.

@maribella  Thanks! You understood me :blush: perfectly.      

@marrez1 I don't mean she'll disappear any time soon.  It is a 100 eps drama.  We still need to meander around a lot of pitfalls, schemes and heartaches before Yu Ra can "Get Lost".

The MIL will want to use Yu Ra to further her ambitions - in Biz and Status.  They may have a few months of "Honey Moon".  But they will definitely need to be Wary of each other - a "Cat & Mouse" Scenerio.   Already Yu Ra knows  the MIL is the one who set-up  Yoo Soo Yeon.  She'll be learning to play her "Game".

Men's memory is so short.  Yin Woo (Soo Yeon's husband) so very quickly forgot that they found the "Peanut Oil" in his mother's bedroom (even though it was planted by Yu Ra).  That his mother is capable of setting up his wife.

Men's affections are like the Stocks Market.  They go up & down according to their Moods.  Which is why it is difficult for them to remain faithful.  But it is better off for Yoo Soo Yeon to be free of him.  A better man is waiting for her.  And we are all sure it is Kang Dong Ha,  aren't we?

I love how this Discussion Thread is shaping up.  Thanks everybody

:approves:

• Like 5