[Drama 2022] Gold Mask, 황금 가면 - Mon - Fri @ 19:50 KST

0ly40

This writer wrote Still loving you which had a kumbaya ending. The FL is the same actress in Secret House, she seems to be a naive 30 something surgeon. :surprisedwut:
I remember Still loving you had an FL who was so forgiving and kind hearted. I wanted to kick her. But not as much as this FL. When she was so abjectedly begging the evil MIL, cheating husband and even giving advice to the manipulative hussy, I was thinking when she was going to commit suicide.

Yes it's that type where a dead FL is better than her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

OK I am resuming watching.
She's going to get a divorce to save her mother. Again the stupid idiot lied to the husband that she cheated on him, probably part of the deal, I am still FFWing much.

Why couldn't she just demand 5 million dollars or something for the divorce and sign the paper? Because she's stupid you say. 

She's clutching her stomache. Soon she'll lose the baby, the mother died - unsuccessful surgery and she tried to drown herself.

tra ra....... revenge starts. Maybe in one or two episodes. 

If anyone's unhappy about possible kumbaya ending, be prepared. The hussy was worried that it may seem she was chasing after a married man. Seem? :joy: Well she still has a conscience and I think the writer will go easy on her.

I think that's probably why the evil MIL wanted the idiot to admit cheating.

• LOL 1

6 hours ago, maribella said:

OK I am resuming watching.
She's going to get a divorce to save her mother. Again the stupid idiot lied to the husband that she cheated on him, probably part of the deal, I am still FFWing much.

Why couldn't she just demand 5 million dollars or something for the divorce and sign the paper? Because she's stupid you say. 

She's clutching her stomache. Soon she'll lose the baby, the mother died - unsuccessful surgery and she tried to drown herself.

tra ra....... revenge starts. Maybe in one or two episodes. 

If anyone's unhappy about possible kumbaya ending, be prepared. The hussy was worried that it may seem she was chasing after a married man. Seem? :joy: Well she still has a conscience and I think the writer will go easy on her.

I think that's probably why the evil MIL wanted the idiot to admit cheating.

@maribella  OK Dear. I'll join u. Hate to see u ranting alone.:lol: 

1) These are the "Flaws" of Dramaland.  Problem is the ScriptWriters have NOT Grown.  They are stuck in the Past Centuries.

2) Of course the general actings are Not that great either. I've commented in my 1st post that they look "robotic" to me.  IMO Chae Ye Ryun's acting has Not improved at all.   She is like that in all her dramas.  No wonder she has not advanced in her career.  Yes, she gets to be the FL now.  But she has not exploded either.  

3) It is not just her who is "Pathetic".   Her entire Family too: her mum (why go to her bungalow when u know how they disapprove of u all), her father and cousin.  Which is why I cannot bring myself to "Sympathise" with her and them.

4) Soo Yeon :

relies too much on her "in-laws".  Why go to that hospital in the first place? As if she does not know her MIL has so much influence there?  What would they do if she is not married?   Time to wake up after all these tragedies.

-  why only now decides to contact her male classmate?

-  she should have accepted the Money and Divorce in the first place.  At least she will Not be held at Ransom not to insist that she is INNOCENT.

she lied to her husband about being UNfaithful because her MIL was in the adjoining room in the restaurant, listening and monitoring her conversation with Yin Woo.  If she does not do as her MIL has instructed, her mother's surgery cannot proceed.  And remember their house was "sealed" too.

5) I Disagree with u that Yu Ra has a Conscience when she mentioned that she does not want to chase after a Married Man.   

- That was just a Psychological Ploy to hasten the Divorce Process.

-  She has already chased a Married Man right from the Onset.

-  If she has a Conscience, all these will not have happened.  Yu Ra has Zero Conscience.

We will still have to Suffer a few eps before Soo Yeon Wakes Up: 

a) She "wants" to undergo more Humiliations first.  After 7 years, she is Addicted to them.

b) She needs to befriend Mi Sook and  Dong Ha first.

On the sidelines:

a)  Cha Hwa Young is so Rich & Powerful.  But her Office is so "Tiny".

b)  In most of K-Dramas, their Mansions are so Big.  But the Parents' rooms will always be on the Ground-Floor.  Isn't that suspicious?  Meaning:

- The Mansion is not that Big. 

- Or they do not have Access to the rest of the Mansion. 

- Or they were actually filming in a Studio not in the Mansion.  Only the Exterior is original.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Dear. I'll join u. Hate to see u ranting alone.:lol: 

:Ohboy3: 
I was thinking, should I sulk for a few days? But here you are @hush puppy.

There is nothing about her that mitigates her actions. She went to university, so what has she learned in 4 years? Nothing it seems. If a person has no self respect, she is no better than a piece of rag. When she was humiliated on stage, she just sat on the runaway. Any self respecting woman would have run away, find a hole and stay there for a while. Then it was humiliation after humiliation.

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

is not just her who is "Pathetic".   Her entire Family too: her mum (why go to her bungalow when u know how they disapprove of u all), her father and cousin.  Which is why I cannot bring myself to "Sympathise" with her and

She has been married for 7 years, and has a kid. She is clueless on how to handle the MIL from hell? Her mother brought her food which was dumped by the evil woman. For goodness sakes, was that the first time??? Just tell to stay away. I so agree, they are thoroughly pathetic. Now the mother was removed from the operating room after being administered anaesthesia, and all she did was bang her head against the wall,  that is running from husband to MIL and begging and begging. 

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

she should have accepted the Money and Divorce in the first place.  At least she will Not be held Ransom not to reveal that she is INNOCENT.

Because she is so stupid. Any woman would have stashed something away after a few years of abuse. She can see both her husband and FIL are thoroughly cowed. She's blithely cooking and cleaning. BTW, where were the staff while she did all that?

@hush puppy I skipped a lot. Only the preview interests me. So the hussy was also turning the screws into the FL? 
After all that, mark my word there will a kumbaya ending. This writer does that. 

The ML is so non existent now. Is he making a grand entrance? He's going to rescue her? They are all so average looking. Husband, sister, cousin, ML and uncle, hussy. At least, have a very pretty antagonist. The money lender and brother have some presence, if in an odd way. Still more interesting.

Let's hope, we get changes soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hush puppy said:

In most of K-Dramas, their Mansions are so Big.  But the Parents' rooms will always be on the Ground-Floor.  Isn't that suspicious?  Meaning:

- The Mansion is not that Big. 

- Or they do not have Access to the rest of the Mansion. 

It is just stages. I have seen pictures. Living room from one angle, because one side is for the cameras. When they sit, it's only 3 sided. There is a stage each for dining, kitchen, bedroom etc.

It answered my question why they often wear coats in the house. The stages are not heated. :hwaiting2:

• LOL 1

On 6/4/2022 at 2:56 PM, maribella said:

The ML is so non existent now. Is he making a grand entrance? He's going to rescue her? They are all so average looking. Husband, sister, cousin, ML and uncle, hussy. At least, have a very pretty antagonist. The money lender and brother have some presence, if in an odd way. Still more interesting.

@maribella  Love reading your "rants". :lol: 

They are all so average-looking because most of them are Second or Third-Tier Actors and Actresses.  Only the MIL is a Veteran.  

The Top-Tier Actors and Actresses do not act in Daily or 100 eps K-Dramas.   

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

@maribella  Love reading your "rants". :lol: 

They are all so average-looking because most of them are Second or Third-Tier Actors and Actresses.  Only the MIL is a Veteran.  

The Top-Tier Actors and Actresses do not act in Daily or 100 eps K-Dramas.   

Not all the time.

Second husband had a good looking FL and ML. SML and SFL were also good looking. Love Twist has  a very pretty evil SFL.

I can go on. 
But this one? So blah. 
Some are quite well known. The guy in First love ( 2012 I think) played in sagueks. 
The FIL here was Dae Jang Geum's father.

@hush puppy don't stop keeping me company, at least someone is commiserating with me. Thank U GIF by Simian Reflux

• Like 3

NEW EVENT!  

Favourite K-Dramas based on Web - Novels, Webtoons & Manhwa  

Vote NOW!  :piggydance:

Chingus, love them or hate them! You can’t ignore them. :coolshades:

K-Dramas inspired from manhwa, webtoons and web-novels are making a big splash in the entertainment industry. Vote for your favourite K-Dramas and let us know the ones you absolutely hated.

re:  Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @partyon

Soo Yeon (FL) should have done this to all of them:

- husband

- mil

- Yura

- Ms Lee, the Housekeeper

- Jin A, her sis-in-law

Thumbnail

BTW @maribella  I don't watch as many K-Dramas as you.:lol:   Only when I temporarily run-out of C-Drama.  I don't really dig K-Dramas and K-Culture.

I look forward to your comments later.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Scanned through today episode.  Forced  a divorce, leaving her son and now an abortion?

No No No GIF

I can’t swallow this drama.   That is the last straw for Me..  Maybe come back on the last 4 episodes to seee what happened but there is no way I can continue watching after seeing that.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

Thank god I don’t have to wait  so much longer before SY leaves that hellish place.   It’s good to know  SY will run into DH according to the preview. Let’s hope for good chemistry between them.  :happydance:    
At the beginning JW seemed a good match with SY but his image of a good husband slowly degenerated from attentive to helpless to now jealous wimpy.   Well the actor did a good job haha Now I couldn’t hardly wait to ship SY to DH.  Besides SY needs a woman like Mi Sook who can play the same level of a  mud game with HY.   MS shows how she can ingratiate herself to HY and at the same time get under her skin.  :rolleyes::lol:

It seems HY’s company must have a financial problem and is in need of capital so she lures YR for her family’s investment.  But YR is as cunning as HY. I will not be surprised if YR has her own reason like taking over the company for herself.   
Now it sounds like MS knows about it and is ready to make a move.  After all her husband’s patent was lost to HY’s company.  So with her son DH MY has made a revenge plan.     
Today YR told two workers about the need to come up with an original design. Since SY studied fashion design, (whatever the reason) MY could decide to put SY to work in the company??  In this way everybody gets in the same place and roasts each other till the cows come home something like that. haha  :hotinhere2:

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1

37 minutes ago, booha said:

Thank god I don’t have to wait  so much longer before SY leaves that hellish place.   It’s good to know  SY will run into DH according to the preview. Let’s hope for good chemistry between them.      
At the beginning JW seemed a good match with SY but his image of a good husband slowly degenerated from attentive to helpless to now jealous wimpy.   Well the actor did a good job haha Now I couldn’t hardly wait to ship SY to DH.  Besides SY needs a woman like Mi Sook who can play the same level of a  mud game with HY.   MS shows how she can ingratiate herself to HY and at the same time get under her skin.  

It seems HY’s company must have a financial problem and is in need of capital so she lures YR for her family’s investment.  But YR is as cunning as HY. I will not be surprised if YR has her own reason like taking over the company for herself.   
Now it sounds like MS knows about it and is ready to make a move.  After all her husband’s patent was lost to HY’s company.  So with her son DH MY has made a revenge plan.     
Today YR told two workers about the need to come up with an original design. Since SY studied fashion design, (whatever the reason) MY could decide to put SY to work in the company??  In this way everybody gets in the same place and roasts each other till the cows come home something like that. haha  

@booha  I've not watched ep 11 yet.  But your Post aptly summaries everything for us.  Would be grateful if you could use their full names tho. :)   A little confused with the initials.  Who is MY?   Do u mean MS?  Mi Sook?  (Yes.  I think u mean "MS" :lol:)

Yes. Yes.  Mi Sook will make a good  "Mentor" for the "Lifeless" and "Soul-less"  Soo Yeon.

The filming sets or studio make this production looks like a Low-Budget Production.  When they walk up the "Stairs", one can hear the "artificial sound" of a hollow staircase.

For a Temptress, Yu Ra looks so "ugly" and "undesirable".

@mizv   Oh yes.  This drama does get on one's Nerves and sends one's Blood-Level thro the Roof!  See u at the end of this series then.

@booha   @mizv  P/S: I accidentally discovered another  "REVENGE Drama" yesterday.  My oh My, the FL is so smart.  I couldn't help "Cheering" for her.  And it is a Good Quality Production.  Top-Tier Artistes

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mizv said:

Scanned through today episode.  Forced  a divorce, leaving her son and now an abortion?

I can’t swallow this drama.   That is the last straw for Me..  Maybe come back on the last 4 episodes to seee what happened but there is no way I can continue watching after seeing that.  

I watched ( sort of if you can accept the FFW) the raw episode, and I thought the idiot aborted her baby but didn't think it was on purpose. 
If it was to save her pathetic mother, I don't know what to say,  :surprisedwut:
Except this writer borders on sadism. Is she/he ready to make sure that the evil MIL dies a horrible death at the end? An eye for an eye.

The idiot is not taping the woman's demand, then put it on social media? We have been getting a lot of the tape-in-the-hiding-places scenes in other shows. I hate the FL. Hate hate.

Don't go away @mizv, don't leave me and  @hush puppy.:sleepy:

@hush puppy a synopsis somewhere described the tramp as 'having beauty'. :hwaiting2:
She is almost a murderer too, tried to kill the pathetic sick mother.

5 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@booha  I've not watched ep 11 yet.  But your Post aptly summaries everything for us.  Would be grateful if you could use their full names tho. :)   A little confused with the initials.  Who is MY?   Do u mean MS?  Mi Sook?  (Yes.  I think u mean "MS" :lol:)

Yes. Yes.  Mi Sook will make a good  "Mentor" for the "Lifeless" and "Soul-less"  Soo Yeon.

The filming sets or studio make this production looks like a Low-Budget Production.  When they walk up the "Stairs", one can hear the "artificial sound" of a hollow staircase.

@booha   @mizv  P/S: I accidentally discovered another  "REVENGE Drama" yesterday.  My oh My, the FL is so smart.  I couldn't help "Cheering" for her.  And it is a Good Quality Production.  Top-Tier Artistes

What's the show?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheQueenReturns said:

OMGosh! Where is the time jump??? It is week 3 for goodness sake!

It usually takes about 30 episodes for the revenge to start. But the FL is such a   dish rag, who could watch her cowering for 30 episodes? I thought she showed flashes of defiance in ep 8 and thought she'd high tail to some unknown place by now, so I came back. 

p/s welcome back to returnees :heythere: I know, I know it was darn difficult but the preview shows the presumably ML saying they were starting. We might not have to watch so much of the idiot FL and the unholy trio- evil MIL, slimy hussy and jelly fish husband.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maribella said:

@hush puppy a synopsis somewhere described the tramp as 'having beauty'. 
She is almost a murderer too, tried to kill the pathetic sick mother.

What's the show?

1 hour ago, chococarmela said:

Show name?

@maribella  @chococarmela  Can I really name the drama here?  It is "Eve".  Every Wed and Thursday. Which means 2 eps per week :)  Beautiful FL.   ML - I would describe him as quite Good-Looking and Likeable.   Gorgeous Fashions.  Tantalising Scenes. :P

Eps 1 & 2 are rated 18+.  Ep 3 (tomorrow) is rated 19+

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

@maribella  @chococarmela  Can I really name the drama here?  It is "Eve".  Every Wed and Thursday. Which means 2 eps per week :)  Beautiful FL.   ML - I would describe him as quite Good-Looking and Likeable.   Gorgeous Fashions.  Tantalising Scenes. :P

Eps 1 & 2 are rated 18+.  Ep 3 (tomorrow) is rated 19+

I read the forum posts but I saw the revenge caused a marriage to break down. 
Yeah Right Judging You GIF hmmm not sure if the wife deserves it. Of course, an evil man might be married to an evil woman.

I get the feeling now that any other FLs can't be as bad as this one.

• Like 1