[Drama 2022] Gold Mask, 황금 가면 - Mon - Fri @ 19:50 KST

0ly40

5 hours ago, maribella said:

I read the forum posts but I saw the revenge caused a marriage to break down. 
 hmmm not sure if the wife deserves it. Of course, an evil man might be married to an evil woman.

I get the feeling now that any other FLs can't be as bad as this one.

@maribella  You should not just believe in the Forum Posts. Watch yourself.   Because different people have different perceptions.  

The Drama has just started.  A lot of things are not clear yet.   So I will not jump into conclusions.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

@maribella  You should not just believe in the Forum Posts. Watch yourself.   Because different people have different perceptions.  

The Drama has just started.  A lot of things are not clear yet.  I will not jump into conclusions like that.

True the posts are usually personal opinions but I was reading the summary and I was referring to the Gold mask FL.

I'll probably peek into 'Eve' after more episodes. Too early for tye revenge to start, I think.

It's Ep 12, FL SY got enough courage not to go through the abortion, but kept her parents in the dark about her divorce. They are being set up to be humiliated since the mother was so grateful to the MIL from hell.

The preview showed that they were berating her, I think for 'cheating' on her husband. She's pregnant but was wearing 4 inch heels and wandering around when in pain. She made contact with the ML who took her to hospital. Now I think she really lost tye baby. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maribella said:

True the posts are usually personal opinions but I was reading the summary and I was referring to the Gold mask FL.

I'll probably peek into 'Eve' after more episodes. Too early for tye revenge to start, I think.

It's Ep 12, FL SY got enough courage not to go through the abortion, but kept her parents in the dark about her divorce. They are being set up to be humiliated since the mother was so grateful to the MIL from hell.

The preview showed that they were berating her, I think for 'cheating' on her husband. She's pregnant but was wearing 4 inch heels and wandering around when in pain. She made contact with the ML who took her to hospital. Now I think she really lost tye baby. 

@maribella   If u are talking abt "Eve", the revenge has already started.  It is a 16 eps drama.  So they have to be fast.

As for "Golden Mask",  ("Golden Mask" sounds better than "Gold Mask".  Grammatically more correct also)  you are right.  If you are Pregnant, for heaven's sake, wear a more comfortable and flatter shoes.  If you feel you are going to faint, sit down.  Call someone to come for you.

She is so "irritating".  

As for the MIL's threat, she should not take it too seriously.  Where family members are concerned, she should tell them the Truth.  The way she behaves,  make me think that she deserves all the problems coming her way.  That she is asking for it.  I have Zero Sympathy for her.

As for the Housekeeper - Ms Lee.  I have a better impression of her eversince she gave a disapproving look at Yu Ra for using "Ordered Food" to pass off as her Culinary Prowess.

Having said that, I may "Give Up" this drama.  I cannot stand this FL.

:crybaby:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@maribella   If u are talking abt "Eve", the revenge has already started.  It is a 16 eps drama.  So they have to be fast.

As for "Golden Mask",  ("Golden Mask" sounds better than "Gold Mask".  Grammatically more correct also)  you are right.  If you are Pregnant, for heaven's sake, wear a more comfortable and flatter shoes.  If you feel you are going to faint, sit down.  Call someone to come for you.

She is so "irritating".  

As for the MIL's threat, she should not take it too seriously.  Where family members are concerned, she should tell them the Truth.  The way she behaves,  make me think that she deserves all the problems coming her way.  That she is asking for it.  I have Zero Sympathy for her.

As for the Housekeeper - Ms Lee.  I have a better impression of her eversince she gave a disapproving look at Yu Ra for using "Ordered Food" to pass off as her Culinary Prowess.

Having said that, I may "Give Up" this drama.  I cannot stand this FL.

:crybaby:

It's not a daily. Ok, will peek in soon.

I don't blame you if you want to quit. I have done it before in other shows and had left a few episodes here. Her parents are just as stupid. Surely they would have an idea of what the husband's family is like, especially when the family does not hide the contempt FL's 'low class'. Now they seem to be scolding her for something.

Gold mask may be in the mode of iron mask or copper mask or ...

Gold implies a solid pure gold to me whereas golden can be impure or even seemingly gold. But I do tend to say golden.

• Like 2

This show sucks!  Aigoo! LOL The FL is so dumb at times.  Like open your mouth and tell ppl whats really going on!  She didn't tell her mom whats going on.....she didnt tell her husband the truth.    I wouldn't have taken that mother in laws crap for that long....like who does that.  And are rich ppl in Korea really such crazy rude jerks who toy with ppls lives?  There must be some truth to it I see it in every K drama.  PPl are so afraid of the rich thay they do whatever they say. The only way ppl can get any sort of revenge is to collude with a powerful person.   Money and power= everything in SK. And I hate Yu ra.  I hate her hairstyle and her forehead and her lips Lol .   Ok rant over

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, leegary said:

This show sucks!  Aigoo! LOL The FL is so dumb at times.  Like open your mouth and tell ppl whats really going on!  She didn't tell her mom whats going on.....she didnt tell her husband the truth.    I wouldn't have taken that mother in laws crap for that long....like who does that.  And are rich ppl in Korea really such crazy rude jerks who toy with ppls lives?  There must be some truth to it I see it in every K drama.  PPl are so afraid of the rich thay they do whatever they say. The only way ppl can get any sort of revenge is to collude with a powerful person.   Money and power= everything in SK. And I hate Yu ra.  I hate her hairstyle and her forehead and her lips Lol .   Ok rant over

i wonder the same thing too. ARE RICH PEOPLE THOS EVIL, CRAZY &  CRAZY.  MIL hates her son and completely ignore him but non of his parents find it odd. Only the husband knows this woman doesn’t like her grandson but he doesn’t do nothing besides PAINT. 

• Like 3

On 6/6/2022 at 10:01 PM, hush puppy said:

@booha  I've not watched ep 11 yet.  But your Post aptly summaries everything for us.  Would be grateful if you could use their full names tho. :)   A little confused with the initials.  Who is MY?   Do u mean MS?  Mi Sook?  (Yes.  I think u mean "MS" :lol:)

Yes. Yes.  Mi Sook will make a good  "Mentor" for the "Lifeless" and "Soul-less"  Soo Yeon.

The filming sets or studio make this production looks like a Low-Budget Production.  When they walk up the "Stairs", one can hear the "artificial sound" of a hollow staircase.

For a Temptress, Yu Ra looks so "ugly" and "undesirable".

@mizv   Oh yes.  This drama does get on one's Nerves and sends one's Blood-Level thro the Roof!  See u at the end of this series then.

@booha   @mizv  P/S: I accidentally discovered another  "REVENGE Drama" yesterday.  My oh My, the FL is so smart.  I couldn't help "Cheering" for her.  And it is a Good Quality Production.  Top-Tier Artistes

Sorry for the late response  It seems we are on opposite parts of the time scale.   
Yes it means ‘MS’  haha
Well in daily FL has a limit to how far she can venture into the dark land.  She can’t destroy her female virtue completely. That’s why Soo Yeon needs Mi Sook’s help.  I have a feeling Mi Sook is capable of setting Haw Young(MIL)’s hair on fire and then apologizing profusely about the unfortunate horrible accident.   Haha
Unlike a short drama or a long weekend drama, most of daily-s  don’t have a huge budget.  So many leads who can’t quite make it into a short drama end up in daily. I doubt they get paid that well.  Probably most of them have to have a second line of income.

PS: It’s sad there aren’t as many daily-s like there used to be.   Ever since cable tv-s started to expand and to take out a big chunk of market share, the revenue for KBS, SBS and MBC dropped a lot.  But fortunately for KBS as a public broadcaster, some of its revenue comes from citizens who have to pay a nominal fee for KBS under a utility bill.  It seems KBS still can carry a decent to good daily so far.  

13 hours ago, hush puppy said:

She is so "irritating". 

I think Soo Yeon wore high heel shoes in order not to draw suspicion from MIL.  She was supposed to have an abortion already.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Its so amazing how predictable these shows are. Its like the creativity is missing, they take the same skeleton and only change names and characters. I literally know this entire show, I usually watch historical dramas but there aren't any good ones out right now. But...I'm going to continue to watch for now because there is nothing interesting out and I want to see the revenge arch begin.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@leegary  @UnniSarah  Yes. The Chaebols in S Korea are like these.  The S Korean Economy is more or less like US.  The Top 5 or 10% controls the Economy and through their Wealth & Power, the Politics.  While the remainder of the populations are either Mid-Class or very poor.

a) Still remember the infamous  "Nut-Rage" incident?  Where the daughter (Heather Cho)  of the owner of Korean Airlines assaulted 2 flight attendants who served her macadamia nuts in a bag instead of a porcelain bowl as their plane was about to take off. 

Her mother is even worse.  Her housekeeping staff was forced to kneel and assaulted for forgetting to buy ginger.  Kicked and spat for being late. Drenched with water for driving too slowly

b) In another case, S Korea's former national goddess Gao XianZhen filed for divorce from her husband, VP of Shinsegae Dept Store.  Her MIL is the richest woman in S Korea.

She has to sign a "Confidentiality Agreement". Not allowed to reveal any privacy of her husband's family; Cut off relationship with her biological children.  But she got 1 Billion Won in compensation.

She wanted to return to the entertainment industry, to rebuild her once successful career. But a "Ban Order" from her husband's family blocked all her paths.

There are countless examples in S Korea.   Wealth creates Power.  And Power Corrupts.  These wealthy people begins to see themselves as God.  Others are "below" them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sad for Female lead, but now i want her to be strong, i think her mother will die, for her father no now.

The next episode, ex husband will get exposed as cheater but pretty sure they will say that he is divorced and want to marry this girl witch Yura. 

And Yura doesn't like the little boy, she just want to marry in this family, i hope that her family is in fact in debt and poor, it will be a nice twist or she is a imposter

And for the plot,  i just want to know, it was mentioned it's about a war between the 3 women,  so i thought it's each of them against each of them or now i think it's just that ML's mother will help FL against her ex MIL, she also want revenge

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

And Yura doesn't like the little boy, she just want to marry in this family, i hope that her family is in fact in debt and poor, it will be a nice twist or she is a imposter

And for the plot,  i just want to know, it was mentioned it's about a war between the 3 women,  so i thought it's each of them against each of them or now i think it's just that ML's mother will help FL against her ex MIL, she also want revenge

@marrez1  I like your "twist".  I think you will make a Better Scriptwriter. :lol:   Who knows maybe your idea may come true.

I think the Synopsis here is  inaccurate.   It should be FL+Mi Sook Vs Hwa Young (ex-MIL).

• Like 2

This episode maybe the start of the revenge. FL really lost the baby and her parents found out that she was divorced. Her mother went to SA and was humiliated by the evil ex-MIL. That was why FL should have given her family the heads-up.

She tried to drown herself. The preview showed the ex-husband getting cosy with the female, her parents seemed more alive now instead of limping along.

All the corporate stuff between th money lender and SA group is beginning.

Next episode when the revenge is rolling, I'll try to remember their names.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, maribella said:

All the corporate stuff between th money lender and SA group is beginning.

Next episode when the revenge is rolling, I'll try to remember their names.

Yeah I think the plot is really starting. Its really slow but I'm interested in how they go forward. Is there going to be a time jump? There is something with Yu Ra and that guy that drove past the house glaring at her. She has some secrets and I cant wait until they are revealed.

I don't now why they keep playing Soo Yeon's family. Its as if they have no back bone, I understand what @hush puppy said about how these things happen in S. Korea, but everyone has a limit. Has her parents been blind for these past 7 years, do they have no idea of how she has been treated. Imma need them all to MAN UP. I can not wait for the revenge to begin and for all to be revealed.

15 hours ago, hush puppy said:

b) In another case, S Korea's former national goddess Gao XianZhen filed for divorce from her husband, VP of Shinsegae Dept Store.  Her MIL is the richest woman in S Korea.

She has to sign a "Confidentiality Agreement". Not allowed to reveal any privacy of her husband's family; Cut off relationship with her biological children.  But she got 1 Billion Won in compensation.

She wanted to return to the entertainment industry, to rebuild her once successful career. But a "Ban Order" from her husband's family blocked all her paths.

There are countless examples in S Korea.   Wealth creates Power.  And Power Corrupts.  These wealthy people begins to see themselves as God.  Others are "below" them.

This is so sad, I loved her in Queen Seondeok. This is so wrong I can't believe things like this are custom is S. Korea. Especially cutting people off from their children. UGH!

• Like 2

Slimy YR is supposedly the daughter of a late businessman. There is potential here. It seemed possible for Korean businessmen to be rich then lose everything overnight. In many countries, it's the investors who lose their shirts while the management and major shareholders only stopped getting their salaries.

In tonight's episode, idiot SY's parents are still alive, maybe she's carried downriver or seawards. Of course, she can't die. She wanted to keep her baby but continued to walk around instead of going to the hospital or resting when she had pains. Not surprising, she blamed herself.

• Like 6

I believe Yu Ra will be Everything that Cha Hwa Young Does Not Want in a Daughter-In-Law:

- a S-l-u-t  (No Class.   I believe she has slept around. Which is why she has to first get into bed with Yin Woo when he is Drunk)

-  from a Financially Ruined family  (Poor) 

And Soo Yeon with the assistance of Dong Ha and Mi Sook will eventually acquire Class, Wealth and Power

By which time,  Cha Hwa Young and Yin Woo can only Stare but Cannot Have.  Nothing is Permanent.  So do no evil.

(Sigh) That will take us another 50 episodes 

As for Soo Yeon's father.  He is already struggling with his biz.  Yet he wants to be a Guarantor to a friend.  This family is really Pathetic.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

I believe Yu Ra will be Everything that Cha Hwa Young Does Not Want in a Daughter-In-Law:

- a S-l-u-t (No Class.   I believe she has slept around. Which is why she has to first get into bed with Yin Woo when he is Drunk)

- a Financially Ruined family  (Poor) 

You are right.

In addition, I can't just shake the feeling that Yura has an RickRoll'D to grind with that family and wants to do it through marriage to the guy.

So far, she is getting her way too easily, and I can't wait for MIL from hell to feel some of the heat she has been dissing out to others.

• Like 4