[Drama 2022] Gold Mask, 황금 가면 - Mon - Fri @ 19:50 KST

0ly40

As expected, Hong Jin Woo died and that is the punishment for Cha Hwa Young for all her evil deeds!

The snippets did not have one on Seo Yu Ra's ending. The rest will have happy ending, including Dong Ha and Soo Yeon.

Will watch the subbed episode only tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ok gotta admit this was a much smoother ending than I expected. So JW does end up dying unfortunately as we expected but this was admittedly probably the only way to make CHY take the punishment. The reason why SJ didn’t look too sad is because they lied to him and said his dad was sick and had to move overseas…

SY hesitates to say goodbye to DH before he leaves for the US but SJ basically makes DH feel bad and instead just plans to make a short visit instead of permanently or going there long-term. Then both leads remember their time with each other with MS even granting them permission and meets each other randomly at the outdoors bar they frequently visited. It was actually a nice little touch that I liked.

There is a time skip of some sort but they made it very vague no exact frame given. Given the baby is born and looks to be maybe a year old? I’m guessing the time skip would be a little over an year. SY is working on what she “always wanted to do” which is having her own studio where she can craft shoes. CHY is in jail and refuses to get treatment (she got cancer apparently) and her husband checks up on her via middle man and asks him to let him know when she is close to death. He visits JA who is still in the hospital but she seemed to have gotten a bit better since she can walk outside and stuff. As for YR, the only thing we know is that she confessed to killing her ex-bf and also running over her ex-husband as well (damn writing it out makes her look even more coo coo) and is in jail. Glad they didn’t give her a happy ending.

Anyways, DC and YJ are having a second child and it looks like SY and DH will be getting married too! Pretty graceful landing for this drama compared to how it went overall. Much much better than Red Shoes I’ll give it that.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, perfectmouse said:

Anyways, DC and YJ are having a second child and it looks like SY and DH will be getting married too! Pretty graceful landing for this drama compared to how it went overall. Much much better than Red Shoes I’ll give it that.

Yeah i agree it was better than Red Shoes.

• Like 1

The biggest lie in the whole drama was DongHwa telling SY that he's not good enough for her in the final episode. Whhhhattt? She didn't even do anything by herself the entire drama (or when she did... it didn't really even do much).

Another drama were magic cancer strikes the person in jail. They should have just had her in jail. For someone that was afraid of being poor, jail is an okay punishment. Killing her son and then her on top of it is way too much. I inappropriately laughed during that scene where she's talking to JinWoo's picture. I know it was supposed to be sad, but for a motive it's so funny (plus... killing him was lazy writing and at that point I was bitter). 

I was really disappointed with this drama. The main female lead was terrible, and I hated her cousin so much. When the audience wants the main lead to run away to America to be happy, you know there is a problem :lol:

When those seeking revenge hurt innocent people in their quest for revenge, its wrong to tell them "I understand where you're coming from .. " (SY to Yura; SY omma to Misuk). Its selfish and never ok to hurt other innocent people to get what they want. Doing so place them at the same level as the sinner.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, monalisa said:

When those seeking revenge hurt innocent people in their quest for revenge, its wrong to tell them "I understand where you're coming from .. " (SY to Yura; SY omma to Misuk). Its selfish and never ok to hurt other innocent people to get what they want. Doing so place them at the same level as the sinner.

Which is actually a big reason why people sided against the lead in Red Shoes lol

• Like 1

We got a time leap but not long if junior is still a babe in arms. 

CHY was sorry for her son's death but she excused her actions as a result of going into penury when her husband's business failed. It was still 'she, she'. She should have reflected on how hard he had tried to please her. Although the part when she blamed him for causing the family to lose SA corp was a good flashback. It showed the hurt on JW's face and, in character, he did not even fight back.

It was a tame ending. But I can see why JW had to die. Since they had turned him to into a devoted dad, having him around would be distracting to the DH-SY pairing. The FL is the most  robotic FL that I have ever seen. SY's mum and JW's dad are not a pair, I prefer them apart.

It's finally over, nice chatting with you all.

Stay safe.

• Like 3

Thankfully, I only watch perhaps 30 episodes of the 100 episodes run. Overall, it was a decent ending (6.5/10) with all the plot lines wrapped up according to my expectation:

- Hong Jin Woo confirmed to be dead and Seo Jun being told that her dad was sick and had to go away

- Cha Hwa Young ended up in jail & having cancer. Quite a deserved ending for her without the court scenes (we don't know how long her sentence is) and dying soon apparently

- No Seo Yu Ra in the Final Episode, except for the narration of her fate (jailed)

- Good ending for Yoo Soo Yeong & Kang Dong Ha as SY accepted DH's marriage request after that one year time jump

- Jin A seemingly recovering from her mental illness, supported by her Appa

- MI Sook being the baby sitter for her brother and sister-in-law who are expecting a second child

- No news on Soo Yeon's Omma & Jin Woo's Appa

Looking forward to more interactions with most of you in the new daily drama.

• Like 3

Was  a good ending overall with DH & SY back together.

Evil CHY rot in jail waiting for her time to join Jin Woo...

Chaiman Cha spending more time with Jin A by giving her lessons on painting.

Thank you to all chingus who joined in the thread & share your views.

Looking forward again to chat in another thread.

p/s : i am currently half way watching Gracious Revenge :kiss_wink:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 0ly40 changed the title to [Drama 2022] Gold Mask, 황금 가면 - Mon - Fri @ 19:50 KST