[Drama 2022] Gold Mask, 황금 가면 - Mon - Fri @ 19:50 KST

0ly40

The new guy seems to be evil female's  exbf and he's squeezing her for money. 

Even if this is a cheap daily, can't they get at least one good looking actor? The ML, the husband, the ex... Come On Reaction GIF

Likewise for the women. The sister is overacting and nothing attractive about her. Maybe nicer clothes will help?

SY is still lame throughout the episode. The father stopped her from killing herself and she finally told them that she did not have an affair. She got a job as a checkout girl and a woman customer berated her for having an affair. It seems evil MIL printed her so called affair. Limp Ms Yoo just stood there while the woman abused her and while her cousin fought the woman. :surprisedwut:

However, things are looking up, she barges into the evil MIL's office and threatens to give her side of the story to a woman's magazine. The preview showed her meeting MS the money lender and her son DH. Ta... da.... 

I may have missed the uncle ( he was in Red Shoes), his clothes are riotous.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I just skimped thro ep 14.  Nothing interesting enough.

So I was right.  Yura has slept with her exBF before.  And he is blackmailing her with the Photo.  Serve her right.  Serve Cha Hwa Young (MIL) right.  She has got rid of a good DIL for a Rotten Apple.

16 hours ago, maribella said:

Even if this is a cheap daily, can't they get at least one good looking actor? The ML, the husband, the ex... 

Likewise for the women. The sister is overacting and nothing attractive about her. Maybe nicer clothes will help?

SY is still lame throughout the episode. The father stopped her from killing herself and she finally told them that she did not have an affair. She got a job as a checkout girl and a woman customer berated her for having an affair. It seems evil MIL printed her so called affair. Limp Ms Yoo just stood there while the woman abused her and while her cousin fought the woman. 

@maribella   The good-looking guys won't be acting in these low-budget productions.  They have better offers :lol:

And you are right Soo Yeon continues to be  "lame".

Cha Ye Ryeon is like that.  Cannot change.  Which is why her "Acting" cannot improve and she cannot be a Top Tier Actress.  She just does not have the Talent.  Don't you notice?  She barely has the Energy to "speak".  Just looking at her speaking, I already feel "So Tired and Impatient".

:dead:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

Cha Ye Ryeon is like that.  Cannot change.  Which is why her "Acting" cannot improve and she cannot be a Top Notch Actress.  She just does not have the Talent.  Don't you notice?  She barely has the Energy to "speak".  Just looking at her speaking, I already feel "So Tired and Impatient".

:smile: She does seem lethargic more than subjugated. I am not impressed by her acting either. I wonder what she was like in Gracious revenge. She was not victimised in it.

The writer does something right here. The evil female has a weakness - sleeping with her ex. Evil chairman Cha expects a woman in her 30s who grew up in the US to be a virgin? Ok.

It probably makes as much sense as the father being a guarantor to a 'friend' without any collateral.

I have seen MS the money lender, as a bad woman. She has a 'surgerised' look and seemed to fit the vain type in the show. I can't remember which show but it was a minor character.

@hush puppy I agree the big stars won't want to be in dailies but many starlets are good looking. In the beginning of Hallyu, actors became wellknown from dailies. Dae Jang Geum was a 50 hour or so show but compressed into 50 shows instead of 30 minutes. I think Full house etc. were also 50 hours.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, maribella said:

The new guy seems to be evil female's  exbf and he's squeezing her for money. 

Yess, i bet that this witch Yura will be pregnant but the father will be this guy who is her minion and no FL's ex husband

people say that FL is too passive, but at the same time, I kinda understand her, she has no support, depended on this horrible family and her son she didn't want to lose him, it's sad if it's in the reality

• Like 3

3 hours ago, marrez1 said:

Yess, i bet that this witch Yura will be pregnant but the father will be this guy who is her minion and no FL's ex husband

people say that FL is too passive, but at the same time, I kinda understand her, she has no support, depended on this horrible family and her son she didn't want to lose him, it's sad if it's in the reality

Serves him right if he gets fooled and raises an another man's child.

She has her health and her parents give her moral support. Even when the money lender offered her a tip and a job, she rejected both when she was in no position to do so. She has pride or scruples or just brainless? Only when the tasteless ex SIL humiliated her in the restaurant where she worked did she accept MS' offer.

The writer is going to make the FL crawl for many more episodes I am sure. Really must avoid this show until the thick skinned witless female wise up.

Watched the latest episodes of Insider and Eve and my heart was racing so much. This FL is way below on the totem pole.

• Like 2

I'll say it again, my favorite character is the loan shark (MS.) Waiting eagerly for the revenge to start, I hope SY is ruthless like Do-Hee from Heaven's Promise, Jennifer/Se-Mi from Thorn Flower, or Ari-Young from Miss Mermaid. I hope she pulls a Miss Monte-Cristo and kills someone too. (Jennifer did it too, in the 27th episode.)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I'll say it again, my favorite character is the loan shark (MS.) Waiting eagerly for the revenge to start, I hope SY is ruthless like Do-Hee from Heaven's Promise, Jennifer/Se-Mi from Thorn Flower, or Ari-Young from Miss Mermaid. I hope she pulls a Miss Monte-Cristo and kills someone too. (Jennifer did it too, in the 27th episode.)

I don't think this actress can be convincing as a vengeful woman. The most she can show is her new makeup and clothes. Korean actors can cry better than their western counterparts, at least in TV shows, but other than that only good ones show a range of emotions. I think she excels in looking clueless.

I shan't be surprised if her revenge goes phutt after a few episodes just like the FL in A Man in a Veil, and the rest of the time, she'd go otoke otoke.

The preview shows weaselly YR claiming that she is now SJ's mother not Idiot SY. What a strange system.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, maribella said:

I don't think this actress can be convincing as a vengeful woman. The most she can show is her new makeup and clothes. Korean actors can cry better than their western counterparts, at least in TV shows, but other than that only good ones show a range of emotions. I think she excels in looking clueless.

Fair. I know she was the villain in Glamorous Temptation, apparently she did better there. She's definitely not an amazing actress though.

Most of the FLs I listed, their actressess took a long while to get vengeful/villainous parts. I hope CYR improves enough to be like Lee Yoo-Ri.

Speaking of Lee Yoo-Ri and Jang Seo-Hee, I miss them... I need them in another daily asap! We need more dailies too. :(

42 minutes ago, maribella said:

I shan't be surprised if her revenge goes phutt after a few episodes just like the FL in A Man in a Veil, and the rest of the time, she'd go otoke otoke.

I hope they don't pull an Ice Adonis and put her in the background like they did with Yeonhwa. The FL for Man in a Veil got her redemption. She was reborn as Sunhwa in The Second Husband!

• Like 3

Sometimes the series has a list of veteran or good young actors. 

The FL does not have support here. The SIL is supposed to be a spoilt rich girl, but she seems to be just nasty with awful clothes. Only the young boy SJ is watchable.

I watched ( sort of) Giant and First love only ( 2012), and  both were really enjoyable. The main actors were veterans and good overall. Even the supporting actors were good. 

• Like 5

Why is the female lead's father going to the evil woman and revealing he has proof she was behind framing SY?

Never threaten a powerful person in a Kdrama unless you have power yourself. I have learned this after watching Kdramas since 2006.  

• Blob 2

Why oh why would you confront them and not just leak the audio online?! Ahhhhh Who cares if the accomplice said not to, his daughter's life was ruined by that guy's greed!

Idiot Facepalm GIF

I love Go Mi-Sook so much! She has such personality. She knows who she is and she's a lot of fun. When she said classical is boring and trot is the best, I couldn't help but smile. SooYeon can learn a lot from her.

JinWoo is a hypocrite. To say that SY morally doesn't have a right to their son when HE is the real cheater in their marriage? Scumbag. He might not know she didn't actually cheat, but he knows HE DID. Ughhhhh. I can't wait for him to get slapped. 

Yura "my life is ruined because of you" .... whhhaaattt. You stole someone's husband. It was never her life to begin with. I honestly hate her. Her DNA will be under his fingernails, because she had a clear scratch from him grabbing her arm. That horrible MIL with have to cover it up and I'm not looking forward to that part of the drama.

2 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

Yura "my life is ruined because of you" .... whhhaaattt. You stole someone's husband. It was never her life to begin with. I honestly hate her. Her DNA will be under his fingernails, because she had a clear scratch from him grabbing her arm. That horrible MIL with have to cover it up and I'm not looking forward to that part of the drama.

I am so looking for to mother in law covering it up. It is the best part ever. Seo Yoo-Ra needs to add more ammunition to blackmail her future mother in law.  The more evil deeds they commit together the harder it will be to get rid of her. Even now future mother in law is trying to keep YR in check. 

O don’t think Seo Joon will live til the end of the drama. It doesn’t seem like it. 

Hong Sun Tae is the only person in the family that knows Cha Hwa Young is EVIL. He knows what is going on but chooses to turn a blind eye to it.  Hong Jin Woo is easily manipulated and weak. I am glad he is going to be trapped with this woman and I hope he has a child so that they can be tied to each other forever. Hong Jin A is a spoiled entitled witch who has no morals at all. She doesn’t even seem to care for her nephew at all. Once HJW finds out his mom framed his wife, forced her to lie to him and that she is a good person . It will be too late.  Cha Hwa Young had to threatened to hand over the company to her incompetent daughter for him to marry Yoo-Ra it is sad that he doesn’t have a backbone.  Knowing how evil this grandmother is, I wouldn’t be surprised if she pays someone to kill her own grandson. Lol lol 

• Like 2