Discover BTS's Music (The Real Secret to Their Success)

confusedheart

Discover BTS's Music (The Real Secret to Their Success)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these songs would you like to play again and again? (Choose as many as you want)

2. 2. Is there other event related to BTS that you are interested in? (Choose as many as you want)

• Watching Live Performance.
    • Watching Run BTS.
    • Identifying the food that BTS eat.
    • Listening to solo songs.
    • Anything else. (Please comment)
  3. 3. Can you tell the BTS members apart?

• No. But I would like to enrol in partyon's BTS school. (Yes, she runs a BTS school in her spare time besides EO-ing) ;)
    • No. I just like to listen to their music.
    • Maybe, but I struggle with a couple of the members.
    • Yes! Do you even need to ask? I can probably give partyon a run for her mony. :D
    • Anything else. (Please comment)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/19/2022 at 10:30 AM

My BTS history: Started in 2021, when @partyon created the BTS listening party of BE - previous to the listening party I didn't know BTS (only heard tidbits about them but wasn't interested myself). Now I am - according to Spotify - in the top 1% of BTS listeners, lol (according to Spotify my year in review 2021). 

stoned started from the bottom GIF

SAVE ME: Something I really relate to, the lyrics ~ and a very nice song to dance to. 

Spring Day. I first discovered this song when my ultimate oppa Mr Ji Chang Wook streamed the song during his youtube fan hour (that might cement this song as one of my favourites alone hahaha, just kidding. The song alone merits such place in my heart) ~ It's such an emotional song - very beautiful, giving hope like spring. It's very interesting that the music alludes to the Snowpiercer, which is also something of a class distinction, and the fight for survival. This song inspires hope for me, despite the somewhat dark lyrics. 

Sexy Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

Rain: A song recommended from BTS chingus as a song that shows "old school" BTS. A lot more rap than in recent times. I like it, gives an edge. 

The next three songs I now discover through 2022 edition of Soompi's BTS listening party :D.

• Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

hai everyone. :D thanks for the tag. thanks for letting us write it. which of their songs rise to the top for me? :D Tear, Spring Day, Young Forever, Butterfly (prologue remix), Path, Tomorrow, Nevermind, What Am I to You, Move On, You Never Walk Alone, Sea, Reflection. even with the cute theme of the song, BTS still put a hip-hop twist on the sound which makes it stand out. these songs make me feel many things so I only listen to them when I've the time and privacy to let my feelings out. :D the music video does a really good job of portraying these emotions. the song also touches on how young people struggle to succeed with the expectations placed on them. also, seeing all the boys playing around with each other and laughing together makes me think of those 80s American movies like IT or Stand By Me that emphasize strong bonds and friendships. their steady growth in worldwide popularity didn't stop there. BTS is the most popular boy group in the world has ever seen and absolutely continue to dominate the music industry into the 2020s. :D

Spoiler

twittercom1.jpg

from left to right- V, Jin , Suga (Yoongi), Jungkook main vocal, RM (Nam Joon), J-Hope and Jimin lead vocalist.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
  • Blob 3

6 hours ago, willenette said:

I can always spot where BTS V is in the group picture - 

Yes, we must thank @kokodus for making sure all the Add and Subtract chingus could identify him. :D 

6 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Ha ha.. :lol: Please let me know if I passed the BTS test! :cutekitty:

Ms @partyon is the Head of the school so we must wait for her approval before you can pass. Or you may simply graduate to the next level in BTS School. :naughty:

@Ameera Ali  :kisslevel: That meme was spot on!:D

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

I am absolutely useless when it comes to K-Pop, especially idol groups like BTS. I know the world over is mad about them, but I'll stick to my BGMs and OSTs.:P

Welcome to the club, chingu! I love the drama OST but I am not into K-POP at all. BTS is my first K-Pop band. 

59 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

If you are able to name some of their OSTs... automatically you'll be upgraded to the next 0.5 level :getmygrooveon:Don't be shy to ask Mr Google...:love: (I still owe you one task)

Ooohhh I love this! Yep, move her to the next grade. :naughty:

35 minutes ago, Yinye said:

BTS’s Suga recently made an instrumental for Samsung called Over the Horizon that is very lovely BGM

Oh that was lovely! Is that available in Samsung phones? Can non Samsung peeps also use it as their ringtone? I would love to add this. This version is better than Samsung' original rather boring 'Over the Horizon' tune.   Thank you for sharing @Yinye:heart:

@SC2019 Samsung does have a ringtone by that name that's why it sounded familiar. But this Suga version is lot better than their original tune. :D

@agenth Chingu, what's the name of that drama? Looks intense!:love:

@twinkle_little_star Thank you for sharing the songs. I only know 'Butter' and 'Dynamite' Thanks to  @Yinye and @YongZura⁷  I have now discovered 6 more songs and adding more to my list thanks to your and other chingus.   

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

wait BTS’s event :D

Me

Looks like you're actually running away from the event....

Will Smith Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, YongZura⁷ said:

* @partyon If you are able to name some of their OSTs... automatically you'll be upgraded to the next 0.5 level Don't be shy to ask Mr Google...:love: (I still owe you one task)

Dear BTS sensei @YongZura⁷ (you and @Sarang21 have been my BTS teachers since early 2020 ), I can actually name a few dramas with OSTs by BTS. I know without googling that the following dramas had BTS OSTs:

• Hwarang
  • Our Beloved Summer (even know that V sang that one)
  • An upcoming drama will have a song by Jimin (just read about it today in the news)

I googled and realized that also Fight For My Way and Itaewon Class had OSTs as well. :glasses:

1 hour ago, Yinye said:

BTS’s Suga recently made an instrumental for Samsung called Over the Horizon that is very lovely BGM. As I was saying, they have range as musicians - not just typical idols. 

Thanks for sharing this! Love Yoongi's talent as a song writer / producer. :kiss_wink:

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

This one sounds like the sort I would use for a stretching routine, hhmmm would you have any hunks doing a morning stretch routine to this song?

LOL :D I always welcome hunks to show us how to do a morning stretch routine. None here right now, but I can tell you who wouldn't qualify to do it. :D@Ameera Ali's, @kokodus's and @agenth's new oppa. :tongue:

My favorite song turned out to be Spring Day this time around. :fullofhearts:

Generally I prefer BTS's rap and hip hop songs over the ballady sad type of songs. BTS sensei @YongZura⁷ shared this song with me a few weeks ago and I've lately been listening to it. :kiss_wink:

song by RM, Suga and J-Hope (also known as the rap-line)

This song was written back in the day when BTS was seriously considering disbanding (2018).

As Suga put it:

"The lyrics for ‘Tear’ were written for the members,” he explained. “When I was writing the melody, at the time, we were deeply contemplating whether we should quit or not. When I played the song for the members we all cried together.”

Thankfully they stuck it out and continued as a group. :heart:

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Yes, Over the Horizon was originally a ringtone for Samsung! Lol me being an iPhone user can’t use it hehehe! 

I legit had “Singularity” in loop forever and ever and ever when I first discovered it - perfect sensual, neo soul. 

I also wish that Big Hit would one day release instrumental remixes for some of their songs but for now I’ve found fabulous fan covers @SC2019 here is one I like for Mikrokosmos - very OST. 

For those that never heard this song before, here is the original version LIVE - best way to see it performed

Edited by Yinye
  • Love 8
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, confusedheart said:

Ooohhh I love this! Yep, move her to the next grade. :naughty:

:love: :lol: 

@partyon

OSTs

BTS - Solo / Unit

• Hwarang - It's Definitely You by Jin and V 
    Spoiler

• Jirisan - Yours by Jin
    Spoiler

• Our Beloved Summer - Christmas Tree  by V
    Spoiler

• Itaewon Class - Sweet Night by V
    Spoiler

• Our Blues (Coming Soon) -   by Jimin

BTS - Group

Signal - Japanese Series - Don't Leave Me

Spoiler

Signal the Movie - Film Out  

Spoiler

Kimino  MeGa Toikaketeiru  [Romanise) (A Movie) - Your Eyes Tell

Spoiler

Webtoon

• Stay Alive by Jungkook (Prod. SUGA)
    Spoiler

BTS World (Game)

Heartbeat

Spoiler

A Brand New Day

Spoiler

All Night

Spoiler

Dream Glow

Spoiler

@SC2019

p.s These are just for your listening pleasure :sweet: [not for the event]

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

Good night and sweet dream.. @Yinye

Will be following you soon.. 

10 votes for Spring Day at the moment - there are two things that no one had mentioned yet related to this beautiful song... We'll save it for another day.  

Thanks everyone..

Spoiler

Comeback Stage

Credit to the owner

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Jirisan - Yours by Jin

Oops, I knew about Jirisan too, but forgot to add it to my list. :headbang:

Left out the Japanese ones - didn't know we had to include them too as they are not kdramas. Do I still pass?

:please:

• Love 5
  • Blob 2

On 3/15/2022 at 9:31 PM, Yinye said:

I legit had “Singularity” in loop forever and ever and ever when I first discovered it - perfect sensual, neo soul. 

@Yinye , the way Taehyung's sultry voice compliments the solemn tone of the lyrics make me want to cry. you're really feel like he's speaking directly to you and it feels so intimate. I honestly wish I could have this song surround me while underwater. :D aside from what was mentioned, I really liked 'Let Go' from their Face Yourself album. just listening to it felt so nice, the vocal notes soared so beautifully. then the choreo paired with it was also so beautiful. Face Yourself, the Japanese language album from BTS, right? @YongZura⁷ the one I'd like to add and this is not included for the event. I just want to share the most beautiful experience along with this song. :D @confusedheart 

source:

Spoiler

• Love 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

BTS: 

Give me your hand, save me
I need your love before I fall
Listen to my heartbeat
It calls you whenever it wants to

The therapist :mrgreen:

~ you need to laugh in order to forget , you need to forget order to survive 

Q4NmNm7.gif

* save me 

• Love 5

Good morning / afternoon / evening everyone

6 hours ago, partyon said:

Do I still pass?

:glasses: since @partyon is the Head of School, I have to be a little bit strict ..... My earlier question was "If you are able to name some of their OSTs."  

and you have given me:

name a few dramas with OSTs by BTS

• Hwarang
  • Our Beloved Summer 
  • An upcoming drama will have a song by Jimin (just read about it today in the news)

I googled and realized that also Fight For My Way and Itaewon Class had OSTs as well. 

:love: It's great that you're able to identify some of the dramas but I would like to see the name of the songs.  As for "Fight My Way" , they did have a scene with "FIRE" as the BGM but  it's not the OST for the drama.

I'm sorry, let's try again later :ph34r:

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I like "Permission to Dance"

The events I want them to appear in are Music Bank and Yu Heeyeol's sketchbook 

I have been wishing that they appear on "You Hee-yeol's Sketchbook" for such a long time since they will be able to talk about their music with him.  However, the closest program that they have with KBS was last year's "Let's BTS!"  We always love to see how passionate and eloquent they are talking about what they love (we also love them when they are being chaotic) 

KBS World has made a translated compilation of the program.  Enjoy! (A warning - lot of Ads)

Let's BTS! #21 - Hello, we are BTS  (This will help you with the bonus question)

(ENG) Let's BTS! #22 - Grammy Award's Behind

(ENG) Let's BTS! #23 - Let's see the keywords

(ENG) Let's BTS! #24 - I think those lyrics really changed me
(ENG) Let's BTS! #25 - ARMY lights the way for us

(ENG) Let's BTS! #26 - What we want to hear from each other

(ENG) Let's BTS! #27 - Jungkook always copies Jimin

(ENG) Let's BTS! #28 - We are doing things we want to say

(ENG) Let's BTS! #29 - How do you guys get through hardships yourselves

(ENG) Let's BTS! #30 - Look forward to BTS in 2021

(ENG) Let's BTS! #31 - BTS(방탄소년단) - Life Goes On

@nohamahamoud2002 May I know why "Music Bank"?

@twinkle_little_star How did you know BTS? :love:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

17 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

@YongZura⁷ , it's story time.. :D

for me, it was 2017 billboard awards. I noticed Jungkook the first because he was baby and handsome little face. the first member I know was Jungkook. that video makes me wanna stan them. and, one day, I decided to search for BTS Mic Drop to find out what makes them so special and popular? :D first time listening, I said to myself, "this is nice. this is my type of music." :D  I read some articles about them and started to listen to their music. I can thank facebook for that. I've always known of BTS. they were everywhere, so of course I've at least heard of them. I was scrolling through facebook, when billboard uploaded a video of their music video evolution. Fake Love (song in BTS album Love Yourself: Tear) was last, and I fell in love with what I heard. I feel like having a supportive friend by my side. from that day, I started to stan BTS. I went to youtube to listen to the whole song and the very first member to grab my attention, was Park Jimin. then, I've been falling in love with Jimin because of his outstanding, sexy, alluring, gorgeous dance moves on stage. finally, I became an army because of Jimin. his focused fancam killed every single cell in my body. *closed face* :D now, I love them all because of their extremely good music. I support BTS as a team. but, the one made me love BTS is my ultimately bias Jimin. :D thank you for the fruitful sharing. :D  @confusedheart , @Yinye  :heart:

source: 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Love 8
  • Blob 1

@twinkle_little_star Nice to meet you:hooray2:Thank you for sharing your experience with us.  I used to browse all the YT videos too and followed a KArmy who used to translate their content in English.  However we do have to be very careful and only trust those that really focus on #BTS as real persons / musicians and can be accountable for.  A subscription to their channel #BangtanTV is a must on YT.  I believe there are still   #Episode  and #Bangtan Bomb that I haven't watched till now. :lol:  Besides that Bangtan Subs is also a good reference.  

p.s

Dear chingus, I'll be on and off from this forum for a while.  Hopefully you have listened to the six chosen songs for the event.  If you go through the post you'll find some extra list of songs (not for the event) that you can also listen to in your own sweet time.  As mentioned by one of our friends here... each song might have a different impact to each of us ... so please share it with us.  Thank you. 

See you later...

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

@twinkle_little_star thanks for sharing your story. 

Fun fact 2 - I selected ‘Ma City’ the song because when I was growing up, I moved very often and didn’t feel like I fit in the the many places I’ve lived in and now that I am older and back in my home city, it is a stranger to me too! So appreciating the city, acknowledging how it really shaped my identify and influence my taste - it is very fascinating. Also as an Asian, I feel like it is nice that Asian cities are acknowledged and tie to identify in a positive way. 

• Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

@Yinye I like your recommendation of Mikrokosmos. I immediately thought of ET going home on the bicycle with that as a BGM. lol

@YongZura⁷ Heartbeat is more like a song I would typically listen to. The others have interesting melodies, but personally I don't prefer when it goes into a 'rap' sort of mode. This ahjumma likes her slow, duet melodies :P  Though I won't discount doing a workout to the more upbeat kinda songs.  Thanks heaps for recommending those! 

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

@SC2019 My Dr just lectured me to get more active and so now I do at least 1 hour speed walking in the machine to BTS ‘hype’ music. It kept me motivated and hyped hehe but I also alternate the music with my epic soundtracks etc. so then it became like me speed walking through a story. I am glad you liked the fan cover. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3