Discover BTS's Music (The Real Secret to Their Success)

confusedheart

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these songs would you like to play again and again? (Choose as many as you want)

2. 2. Is there other event related to BTS that you are interested in? (Choose as many as you want)

• Watching Live Performance.
    • Watching Run BTS.
    • Identifying the food that BTS eat.
    • Listening to solo songs.
    • Anything else. (Please comment)
  3. 3. Can you tell the BTS members apart?

• No. But I would like to enrol in partyon's BTS school. (Yes, she runs a BTS school in her spare time besides EO-ing) ;)
    • No. I just like to listen to their music.
    • Maybe, but I struggle with a couple of the members.
    • Yes! Do you even need to ask? I can probably give partyon a run for her mony. :D
    • Anything else. (Please comment)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/19/2022 at 10:30 AM

And they are back with a bang with a three-day concert! BTS performed live in Seoul for the first time in over two years. The group's Permission to Dance On Stage tour will continue in April with four gigs at the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas.

It has been more than a year since 21st century Pop Icons BTS released their last album BE which some of us had the opportunity to listen to in the first BTS event in 2020.  While waiting for a new album, let’s take a look at other songs from their previous albums. These older songs are what keeps fans happy and what really pulls us in. It's like an adventure with each listening, there are new discoveries to be found in their songs (either in the lyrics or music production), especially the lesser known songs or B-sides.

Bts GIFs | Tenor

How does it work?

We have listed 6 chosen tracks from their earlier albums below.  Please listen to the songs and share your thoughts in the posts below.  Then take part in the poll on top of the page.  We appreciate it if you can also read the beautiful and poetic lyrics of their songs that describe their journey as musicians.

Do I have to be a BTSARMY to participate?

No, you don't have to. Everyone with an open mind and has love for music is welcome.

Best Bts Jhope GIFs | Gfycat

What to consider:

When you listen to the songs, it would be fun if you would let us know which song:

• makes you smile and feel happy when listening to it
  • you would like to play again and again
  • relates to your life experience
  • makes you want to stand up and dance
  • gives you the strength when you feel exhausted 
  • is totally different than what you thought it would be
  • lyrics made you rethink and taught you something new 

Let's Begin

Bts Group Picture GIF - Bts Group Picture Cute - Discover & Share GIFs

1. Save Me

Spoiler

1.  Save Me

Album: The Most Beautiful Moment In Life: Young Forever, 2016

Written by Pdogg, Ray Michael Djan Jr, Ashton Foster, Samantha Harper, RM, Suga, J-Hope

* Fun Fact: The shooting was done in one shot.  You can even watch the MV shooting HERE

2. Spring Day

Spoiler

2. Spring Day

Album: You Never Walk Alone, 2017

Written by Pdogg, RM, ADORA, “Hitman” Bang, Arlissa Ruppert, Peter Ibsen, Suga, Jin

*Fun Fact: It received several accolades, including Song of the Year at the "2017 Melon Music Awards".  It has never left the chart since 5 years ago.

3. Rain

Spoiler

3. Rain

Album: Dark and Wild, 2014

Lyric
Written by Slow Rabbit, RM, SUGA, J-Hope

*Fun Fact:  A jazzy ballad that focuses on the process of personal reflection. 

4. Ma City

Spoiler

4. Ma City

Album: The Most Beautiful Moment In Life: Part 2, 2015

Lyric

Written by Pdogg, “Hitman” Bang, RM, SUGA, J-Hope

*Fun Fact: BTS  members introduce the uniqueness of their hometowns using Satoori. 

5. Whalien 52

Spoiler

5. Whalien 52

Album:  The Most Beautiful Moment In Life: Part 2, 2015)

Lyric

Written by Pdogg, Brother Su, “Hitman” Bang, RM, Suga, J-HopeSlow Rabbit

*FunFacts: It is important to note that the song's name is a wordplay combining "alien" and the "52-hertz whale." It's also a metaphor for loneliness that one feels either growing up or going through situations where one feels unheard of or misunderstood.

6. Young Forever

Spoiler

6. Young Forever

Album: The Most Beautiful Moment In Life : Young Forever, 2016

Lyric

Written by Slow Rabbit, RM, “Hitman” Bang, SUGA, J-Hope

*Fun Facts: 

The song talks about members' raw emotions towards their performances and the constant fear of the future, trying to stay positive (“young”) as long as they can. This was also RM's first BTS-produced song!

bonus_trans | silviakolbowskiblog

The EO team and the other chingus are always having a lot of fun trying to identify the BTS members on Add and Subtract thread. So just for fun, we have included a bonus question.

Can you identify the BTS members in the pic?  

Don't forget to write your answers under a spoiler tag in your posts. We have an exciting prize for members who identify them correctly. :issohappy:

Spoiler

How Old Are BTS' Members in 2022? Check Out BTS' Age From Oldest to  Youngest! | Channel-K

To know a little bit more about BTS, please visit the first page of this thread.

1. BTS Break Down Their Album

2.BTS Breaks Down Their Music Career

Lastly, we would like to thank  our chingus @YongZura⁷ and @Yinye for conceptualizing and working tirelessly for putting up this smashing event.   Thank you for bearing with us and accomodating all our requests for changes/ edits. :heart:

Chingus, if you have any idea for an event or a Quick Poll, please do get in touch with us. We love to hear from you. 

Re: Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team 

@partyon  @Sleepy Owl  @agenth  and @confusedheart

Tagging our lovely chingus-:heartxoxo:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual  @SilverDawn  @larus @sadthe1st  @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu  @twinkle_little_star @BlackLotus1025 @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma @Skyline    @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @flashyymalditah @LovelyBirdAndYoo  @ELFlamingo @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar 

@dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover  @k8telyn @lucia704 @The.Lannister @Chibi8535  @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest   @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo @Smileforu   @rita96  @Miadee @pretty_JULY @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy  @hahanzyy   @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @cafe99   @kittyna  @Edgar Pordwed@samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @widala @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @JJS's Fan-atics @leeminhosny @morningdew @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @Minbongyi   @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah @booha   @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella  @pauliza  @princessaves   @valinor500    @anyeze 

@hola2jin   @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @NoonaCaana @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @Ms.sunshine 

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye @BINGO_O   @Firefly @CA C @widala  @JumboQueen  @SophieH  @lexicon   @Areumdaun @extrodinairey   @erfatm @pixie0622

@asiaren   @Alila N  @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena    @SexyDolceVita @Polka Dot @goshhh @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat   @morganian  @lovehuche   @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed   @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins  @musicalflow.    

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve    @Emily Bett   @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @Glam @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c @admonike @Maliah @Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr @-JC-   @aimeeyoung  @D27Gjk68    @Sunset @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00  @Madu Mita  @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz  @Sky Kang @anjuliet 

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd @SidTheGuy @the_sweetroad @L A @Chesleigh @hyall  @j9sshi  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @AjummaF4 @sgclear    @angela0612  @Kate Llama  @hahanzyy  @juryia

@kimlees    @lduc  @lollipop2018  @czakhareina  @anyeze  @jadore1 @haruhi17  @ssteph  @lila21  @Vivin Camelia    @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo   @Manngo 

@TheaN @wywp  @balletgoddess  @kRoNix  @Lusiana  @vajandi  @Zay❤️   @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@-Love Blossom-  @2d1n_fan  @0ly40  @AkiChan  @ammu82  @an-naum  @Annykey  @anzomi  @aprilfive  @Asimina Rodousaki @Azi N  @Banshee Dragon  @Blizzardistkaputt  @bunnycotton143  @Burger Bun  @Carolina Baracaldo  @Che Latifah  @cherry47  @Chin Yan  @ChyuuNyuu  @Claire99  @cpjing8  @Defoto  @DontEatMyKimchi  @DreamCatcher2011

@Ela Dee  @Eleve_ag  @Fata Morgana  @Fummagirl  @greezlybee  @Haeun  @Hum4ir4  @Idylla Kaizoku  @illay  @iqna  @irilight  @jewellangela  @juni asat  @Kari Sama  @Kathy  @knkg  @Leeboyoung0112  @leo2020  @libra22  @littleinvisiblenao

@Man-O-Man  @Melo Spear  @mizv  @momosik  @Najwa Fauzay  @Noha Mohamed  @Nermeen نرمين  @Pink_Bubbles4U  @pnaysurfer84  @pocca  @Priyanka Shinde  @Rabbit_Small  @roli  @rrongrrong  @Sleepy Head  @starveri  @sugarcream @Table122000  @u8017  @vintage  @whome  @Zehra Dogan 

@Bleu Winter  @Jessie29 @Legslo  @Newbie21SG @Helena @caterpillar59   

• Like 3
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 7

*** I voted.............Although, I'm not really a BTS fan but I like the group especially V. I like their song "Spring Day" - ye, "it makes me smile and feel happy when listening to it" -  "Spring Day" is the first BTS title track in years that has absolutely wowed me. BTS knows how to deliver that's why, "Spring Day" is another big win for them. In that sense, BTS has also proven themselves to be true artists. The lyrics of "Spring Day", are focusing on the theme of love and loss, and yearning for what was in the past. But most importantly, it’s about carrying on. The memories of the past will always be there, and we can chase them forever. Or, we can mourn in our own way, move on, and truly live. The song doesn’t really hit the mark for me — but the MV for “Spring Day” does. There are a lot of ways to interpret this MV based on your own personal experiences. No two people will have the same reading of this MV, but nearly everyone will be touched and moved in a personal way. More than anything, I love that BTS have developed a concept through a series of releases. I look forward to whatever they decide to pursue next. They’ve given us music with feeling, and MVs with content that hits you right in the gut. Even if you’re not really a BTS fan like myself, they haven’t failed to give the audience something to reflect deeply. They have undoubtedly brought them many new fans along the way.   :smooches2:   And............ of course, I can always spot where BTS V is in the group picture -  :hotinhere2:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

Thanks @willenette for liking Spring Day.  It is one of my favourite songs of BTS too (but it makes me sad).  During this pandemic, the members always make a reference to the song as waiting for the Spring Day to come and spring has finally come during the #PTD_ON_STAGE_Seoul.

Here's for you:

BTW, did anyone notice anything difference compared to the MV?

• Love 5
  • Blob 2

:waves: guys!

Another BTS event?? Well, I am all in! Thank you so much @confusedheart chingu for the tag. Waving to @YongZura⁷ chingu! But the problem is, I haven't heard any of their songs in the list! I will listen to them one by one and then vote for the poll! :heart:

Speaking of BTS, my favorite songs are Dynamite, Butter and Boy With Love! I guess I have watched all their live performances for 3 songs so far! Music sweet music!  :hooray2:

And of course, I can identify all the 7 members anywhere, anytime! He he.. may @partyon read my post! :joy:

Spoiler

In the above pic, from left to right : V > Jin > Suga > JungKook > RM > J-Hope > Jimin

Ha ha.. :lol: Please let me know if I passed the BTS test! :cutekitty:

• Love 3
  • Blob 5

@gm4queen Hi there! Then it's good.  You will have the chance to listen to them today.

Aren't you supposed to put the answers in the spoiler? :glasses: he he

Dear EOs. ... how many special gifts do you have for the bonus?

I hope @confusedheart will get to you soon @maribella BTW, were you referring to BTS?

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Blob 2

54 minutes ago, maribella said:

@confusedheart the all or none choice does not have a workable button. Can you fix it?

Click on the option (All) and it will select all the options. 

Haha haha nothing fantastic, just a cute BTS pic. :issohappy:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Thanks @willenette for liking Spring Day.  It is one of my favourite songs of BTS too (but it makes me sad).  During this pandemic, the members always make a reference to the song as waiting for the Spring Day to come and spring has finally come during the #PTD_ON_STAGE_Seoul.

Here's for you:

p.s

BTW, did you notice anything difference compared to the MV?

@YongZura⁷  I'm usually not sharp-eyed but, I noticed the display of yellow ribbons in the MV. It appears quite clearly. There were no washing machine and the pile of clothing, which notably are in the MV. But, both videos use water imagery.   :heartxoxo:

• Like 3
  • Love 4

5 minutes ago, willenette said:

@YongZura⁷  I'm usually not sharp-eyed but, I noticed the display of yellow ribbons in the MV. It appears quite clearly. There were no washing machine and the pile of clothing, which notably are in the MV. But, both videos use water imagery.   

Wow! 

This time try to listen to their voices .... 

This event will be for a few days... so no rush... 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Hellooopo everyone. Since I am ARMY, I will just join in the discussion and poll heheh. Lately, I am in ‘Ma City’ mood and learning to appreciate my hometown too! I hope everyone gives the songs a listen - we intentionally selected some songs that many people have not heard of unless you are a fan etc. Now I go back to work but will be back!!!

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, YongZura⁷ said:

@gm4queen Hi there! Then it's good.  You will have the chance to listen to them today.

Aren't you supposed to put the answers in the spoiler? :glasses: he he

I hope @confusedheart will get to you soon @maribella BTW, were you referring to BTS?

Oh No Ugh GIF

Ahemmm yes.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Fun fact re me becoming a fan. I’ve always listen to music from across Asia since the 80’s. When Spring Day was release, it was instant music love. I was a causal listener to many Korean musicians and even I back then was surprised that the song was from a boyband. Since Spring Day, I was a casual fan and so out of the loop since my work at the time was crazy crazy. It wasn’t until 2018 that I started to listen more of BTS’s music and with each album, I was even more surprised at the range. So by then I was a fan but focused only on the music. Then the pandemic hit and I had a change of job that gave me more time. I had a chance to explore RUN and get to know the members better and learn about Army. I joined ARMY right around the release of MOTS7. So technically I am a pandemic Army despite listening to their music since Spring Day! RUN and their music really helped me cope during lockdown and ARMY for the most part are very kind. 

• Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

No worries @SC2019, every one is welcome. There is a possibility that you might have come across their OSTs  before ...  :glasses: and we are going to get another one soon. 

* @partyon If you are able to name some of their OSTs... automatically you'll be upgraded to the next 0.5 level :getmygrooveon:Don't be shy to ask Mr Google...:love: (I still owe you one task)

• LOL 2
  • Blob 5

@SC2019 I also love BGM and OSTs. So many K and C OSTs on my playlist.

BTS’s Suga recently made an instrumental for Samsung called Over the Horizon that is very lovely BGM. As I was saying, they have range as musicians - not just typical idols. 

Now I need for BTS to produce an entire OST for a film or series. Hmmm I can see for a fantasy sageuk OST. Manifesting. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

@Yinye lol, over the horizon sounds like a ringtone name! 

This recommendation is quite catchy! I am more sentimental when it comes to OSTs and BGM, so my choice of music tend to be more duets and slower love songs. This one sounds like the sort I would use for a stretching routine, hhmmm would you have any hunks doing a morning stretch routine to this song? :bashful:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1