[Drama 2022] It's Beautiful Now or The Present is Beautiful, 현재는 아름다워 - Sat & Sun 19:55 @KST

0ly40

11 minutes ago, sal2 said:

Mirea and Hyun Jae finally dating and no peace as another girl is eying him? :huh:

Why, oh why do they bring another girl!??! 

Is it just me or SooJae is getting way ahead of himself with his marriage ideas?

And it seems that Hyun Jae still has no clue that the woman his brother is casually dating is his boss :D 

• LOL 2

I think the writer was asking Hyunjae if he had an older brother working as a dentist in the preview. So, it may be possible that Hyunjae will know that it was Haejun who sabotaged his brother. Whether he will make the connection from there is another story.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lyd89 said:

I think the writer was asking Hyunjae if he had an older brother working as a dentist in the preview. So, it may be possible that Hyunjae will know that it was Haejun who sabotaged his brother. Whether he will make the connection from there is another story.

Well, yes it might be possible that they find out soon. It needs to happen imo before they get too close...I have the feeling Yoon Jae will end it with Hae Jun and maybe afterwards go after her?

Today's episode was HILARIOUS. Or at least most of it.

We got the brothers interacting. We had cute Soo Jae - Yoo Na moments, Yoon Jae and Hae Jun are moving forward and Hyun Jae and Mi Rae had also a couple of beautiful scenes. 

The grandparents are rebelling too :D 

Here's the written preview:

he present and the future enjoy dating and start dating in earnest. On the other hand, when Minho sees Kyung-cheol showing tears as he confides in her, she has a complicated heart.

Have a nice weekend chingus!

Going by the written preview, it seems that the conflict between Minho and Kyungchul will continue from today's episode. The father-son relationship may not be unscathed after this search for Kyungchul's daughter.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lyd89 said:

Going by the written preview, it seems that the conflict between Minho and Kyungchul will continue from today's episode. The father-son relationship may not be unscathed after this search for Kyungchul's daughter.

4 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Yeah I think it will as well nod.

Tbh I expect most of the established relationships to go through some changes. 

Still really enjoying this family drama for its witty and lighthearted touch … Love seeing all the generations having many layered roles…

Since the girl interested in HJ is a guest role, it won’t be a serious threat, but MR is right to call it quits if that’s what she’s doing in the preview - poor HJ really doesn’t know how to be romantic, already taking her for granted at this very early stage - the two older brothers are both delightful dolts, the youngest being the most romantic…

That Mirae’s Mom, SooJung, had to give up taking care of her own mother and cater to her self-centered mother-in-law, (delightfully  portrayed) is a tragedy, and series like this often try to point out customs that are harmful, in a way doing their bit to try to change things. I really look forward to her finding out her roots…

There are many storylines to fill up the rest of the episodes and, so far, the screenwriter gives me hope that that they will be worth the watching.
For all the attention to K-dramas with extreme characters and situations, these weekend family stories are really the gems of Korean dramas, when well done.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Yeah so do I, we still have many episodes to go.

Yep. The other relationship I think will have to change is the one between MiRae's parents and grandma. 

1 hour ago, Gaia2u said:

For all the attention to K-dramas with extreme characters and situations, these weekend family stories are really the gems of Korean dramas, when well done.

Oh, I agree. Well done, they are amazing. 

• Like 1

I think that throughout the drama's run, the script has been consistently showing that there are a lot of hidden problems in Mirae's family despite the harmonius family image they seem to depict to the outside. Soojung's mother defused a potential bomb earlier on by refusing to move in, likely knowing the possible consequences of moving in so she did not want to do it.

Yoonjae-Haejun scenes will likely continue the romcom routine of the week for a while. Haejun doesn't really show grief over her mother compared to her loneliness, so I don't think there will be any teary eye moment anytime soon. She may have a run-in with Kyungae soon to "worsen" her image further. I don't think she's visiting the dental clinic anymore, so I don't know how the run-in will happen. Kyungae will probably avoid Hyunjae's office if possible after the past encounter.

Yuna seems to be having her conscience bothering her going by the preview. It could also be having doubts with the marriage happening too fast (that scene with her letting go of Soojae's hand in the preview). I am not sure if the writer will deviate from the usual routine and let Yuna actually confess about the scam to Kyungae (instead of Kyungae accidnentally finding out). They may just drag the scam reveal longer though.

Yujin's appearance was quite brief for ep14 so there really is not much context to infer from. Going by the preview, Hyunjae met Yujin at night. Hyunjae and Mirae were likely having dinner (doesn't look like lunch) when he received another call, which led to him going to Yujin's workplace. It's likely that Hyunjae declined meeting Yujin during the drive but I am not sure whether it is due to him being busy that day with Mirae or whether it was due to necessity since Mirae had some sort of accident so Hyunjae could not make it. That scene with Yujin's colleague may be that Yujin's colleague decided to call Hyunjae again to help Yujin out even though Yujin was asking her to cut the call to not bother Hyunjae (after whatever conversation they had earlier)(Hyunjae asking if someone is beside you likely isn't related to the writers). Ha Myung Hee likes to show the 2 sides of the characters for most of the cast in the drama (exception being Mirae's and Youngeun's ex-husbands), so I am hoping that this really is not an usual simple evil scheme in most dramas to interfere in Hyunjae and Mirae's relationship (it will feel too early for this too, Yujin just met Hyunjae once).

Now, a possible farfetched way of spicing this up would be that the actor that Yujin wants to work with is actually an actress who agrees to meeting Hyunjae. Then, we will have another kind of makjang lol.

• Like 1

HJ's hair is different looks longer and shorter in eps 14, do anyone realize about this? 

I really like oh min suk, and in this drama he also looks so cute. Always call nuna even he know Haejoon doesn't like it. 

Really like this drama, i wait for the new episodes every week!!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, lyd89 said:

I think that throughout the drama's run, the script has been consistently showing that there are a lot of hidden problems in Mirae's family despite the harmonius family image they seem to depict to the outside.

That family will go through a tough time when the truth about the mom being adopter comes out. That will probably bring also the issues between the DiL and MiL and the husband. I hope we get a lot of good MiRae-Hyun Jae moments before then. If Soo Young already dislikes HJ I can’t imagine how she’ll be when she realizes they’re kind of related. 

Yoonjae-Haejun scenes will likely continue the romcom routine of the week for a while. Haejun doesn't really show grief over her mother compared to her loneliness, so I don't think there will be any teary eye moment anytime soon. She may have a run-in with Kyungae soon to "worsen" her image further. I don't think she's visiting the dental clinic anymore, so I don't know how the run-in will happen. Kyungae

I am loving this couple and how they are really invested in their casual dating thing :D 

I hope there isn’t any more bad impressions for Hae Jun and her MiL though, that one time was more than enough… but boy was it funny! 
it’s going to be interesting to see YoonJae put his foot down when he introduces her. I mean his mom already told him she’d fight if he brought home someone like “her” :D 

40 minutes ago, Felicia Sutedja said:

really like oh min suk, and in this drama he also looks so cute. Always call nuna even he know Haejoon doesn't like it. 

I love him. He has managed quite the challenge. Bc his character could be really annoying if not done properly. 
And Yoon Jae really enjoys seeing her ticked off :D 

Yuna seems to be having her conscience bothering her going by the preview

I hope she calls that plan off. Otherwise it’ll be more complicated later. 

• Like 1

Episode 16 Preview
A Mirae that is happy with the love of the Hyunjae. Sujeong is worried that such a Mirae will hurt, and emotions have a speed too, she advises to be in control.
Meanwhile, Soo-jae is deeply concerned about the general manager (Jung-hoo) who works with Yuna...

• Thanks 2

I am surprised that they went with Youngeun ahead of Yujin in terms of order of appearance. The drama seems to be pushing Yujin towards more evil interference in the relationship. But then, since the directing for this drama seems to be pushing for equal screentime for 3 lovelines and 2 family stories, Yujin only appeared twice and one was a continuation of last week. I am not sure if they are going to give Yujin a more detailed potrayal or they will just go with the usual makjang relationship villain.