[Drama 2022] It's Beautiful Now or The Present is Beautiful, 현재는 아름다워 - Sat & Sun 19:55 @KST

0ly40

Shin Dong Mi's husband is a musical actor though. He's familiar with this and I think Shin Dong Mi rarely had scenes like this in her recent years of acting so he's in a good spot. He was quite a funny guy when he appeared with Shin Dong Mi on a variety show.

I wonder if Soojae really did barge into a closed shop for that preview. It's going to be embarrassing.

Yoonjae wasn't that bothered about being kicked out of the show and now that he's dating, he likely wouldn't take it to heart. My guess is that the whole thing will be over in 5 minutes.

Soojung did observe that Mirae had gotten more cheerful after dating Hyunjae. She may disapprove of the timing of starting a relationship and be protective of Mirae. She did praise Hyunjae's looks in some way and tried to guide her daughter so that she does not get hurt in the relationship. She definitely was not 100 percent opposed to the relationship at the start. Mirae mentioned something changed with her mother in the preview, so I am curious what will it be this time.

I have no clue who will marry first. The love triangle hasn't started yet. Yoonjae just went official. Hyunjae and Mirae will definitely be last. They may not even marry when this drama ends.

• Blob 1

On 5/31/2022 at 5:35 PM, lyd89 said:

Shin Dong Mi's husband is a musical actor though. He's familiar with this and I think Shin Dong Mi rarely had scenes like this in her recent years of acting so he's in a good spot. He was quite a funny guy when he appeared with Shin Dong Mi on a variety show.

Yes, he seems like he's a funny person. I still found that post cute and hilarious :D 

I wonder if Soojae really did barge into a closed shop for that preview. It's going to be embarrassing.

Yoonjae wasn't that bothered about being kicked out of the show and now that he's dating, he likely wouldn't take it to heart. My guess is that the whole thing will be over in 5 minutes.

Lol, I hope he won't cause drama. Poor YooNa will be embarrased. And I think Yoon Jae, once he makes the decision to date her 'officially' won't be changing his mind so easily.

I don't know how the drama will unfold with MiRae's mom. If she decides to take her mom with her home, the grandma will probably let the secret of SooJung's adoption out. I mean, she already called MiRae by her mother's real name once. Also, the paternal grandma won't be happy and that lady can throw a tantrum.

I have no clue who will marry first. The love triangle hasn't started yet. Yoonjae just went official. Hyunjae and Mirae will definitely be last. They may not even marry when this drama ends

I also have no idea but think that the MC might marry at the end. I do, however want to have the boys bring the ladies to the family and watch the mess unfold. After all, Hyun Jae and Hae Jun are ridiculous together lol.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

those are Mirae - Hyun Jae scenes contained recaps of aired episodes.

Spoiler

they didn't leave us waiting. Hyun Jae, he mentions this is something he doesn't usually do, so Mirae is very special to him.

:transforms: their small talks and dates to straighten the misunderstanding is often described as involving happiness emotions. they're taking slow down time getting to know each other more. their progress as couple is going nicely so far. Hyun Jae's hair stayed the same throughout the entire episode. :D

let's see what the weekend brings.

source

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

I don't know how the drama will unfold with MiRae's mom. If she decides to take her mom with her home, the grandma will probably let the secret of SooJung's adoption out. I mean, she already called MiRae by her mother's real name once. Also, the paternal grandma won't be happy and that lady can throw a tantrum.

I remember the scene where she reenacted the adoption scene with Mirae while the three of them were out shopping. I don't think Mirae caught on from that since there was zero mention of that after the episode but it did show the risk that Soojung's mother pose to Soojung's secret.

• Like 3

here it is. 

Spoiler

wait. did I miss something, are they getting a new writer for this drama? I saw a few of you referencing it. I thought I had read something about them bringing in some new writers to this drama, but I can't find the article, so now I'm not sure where I read it.

the original credited writer Ha Myung Hee wrote mostly mini-dramas, and this is her first long episode count one. of her mini's, they were a bit of a mixed bag for me. I enjoyed 'Doctors 2016' with cast Kim Rae Won and Park Shin Hye and 'One Warm Word 2013' with cast Ji Jin Hee was interesting in that it asks whether an emotional affair (versus sexual) was just as big a betrayal. her most recent drama was 'Record of Youth 2020' with cast Park Bo Gum. so, given that this is a much longer drama form which requires even more story and plotlines, I think there was some thought of new or additional writers to try to improve the ratings. given what's happened in this drama thus far, and that I've really liked two of the plotlines (Yoon Jae Hae Joon and the grandparents yoga) meanwhile, actress Bae Da Bin is portraying Mirae perfectly as a woman feeling heady in the beginning of a new relationship. :D

source :

• Like 3

Episode 20 Preview
After the funeral, the Minho family returns home. I have dinner with Kyung-cheol and Kyung-soon. Meanwhile, So-ra learns that Yoon-jae's love affair was a patient the same age as Yoon-jae...

• Like 2

Thank you @Lunkera for posting the preview. I'll have to wait until later for the subs but it seem like finally Soo Jae will get a hint about being scammed. Let's see if he'll confess to his family or make a bigger mess. Also, Yoon Jae will finally know the truth about the tv show...

• Like 1

Lawyer JAWS should be raked over the coals. They started their relationship on the LIE. Although I think he should be done with her, I don't think he will be. Based on the preview, he seems to think that she was misinformed about his character and that's why she said what she said. When in reality, she knew he wasn't like that and old Lawyer JAWS was upset that he wasn't giving her any play. Their entire relationship so far has been one-sided manipulated and if they want a healthy relationship, she's going to have to come clean. And I hope he takes the consideration but if she would go as far as lying about his character because he dissed her in the past, she is capable and likely will lie about many more important things when under stress and duress when things don't go her way. Even if this chick was pretty and didn't look like his mama, I do not approve of what she did and unlike others, just because the Chicken Jaws is financially stable does not mean Oppa should concede the higher ground because he is broke and in debt. She's almost 50 and behaving like a petulant child because she couldn't get her way at first and now only JAWS feels guilty not because she lied, but because she manipulated him into falling for her knowing that she manipulated the situation to begin with. Although this couple has NO chemistry and are crashing the ratings, I have to admit for now that he has fallen for her Jaws tail.

I don't find her behavior cute and I will never root for her. What she did was like I would see some boys do when I was in high school in the mid to late 90's which is spread malicious lies and rumors about a female's character making it seem like she's a RickRoll'D because their ego and pride got slashed and couldn't get their way because all she did was decline his advances regardless of how polite or aggressive they were. That is disgusting Behavior and even more so because Jaws is an attorney and she knows what it means to libel someone. And she also knows what it means to fight dirty to get the result she wants which makes her a dirty creature period unless she truly repents (truly sorry and turns away from her wicked ways) she should be old cat lady. No! Cats don't deserve this! She should be an old rat lady raising rats living in her apartment alone because her heart and mentality is of a rat fink right now so she should be among her own kind: rats!

Auntie-Grandma is Messy and starting unnecessary tension when she knows that topic is sensitive for her brother.

1574399248-3.gif

hai everyone. :D the mother tried to reassure Soo Jae that neither Yoon Jae nor Hyun Jae are anywhere near to getting married, so that Soo Jae doesn't have to rush. let's see how that changes if/when the older brothers bring their girlfriends home. who do you think will be the first? :D I'd rather we've a double date with Hyun Jae and Mirae and Yoon Jae and Hae Joon before they meet the rest of the family. I can't help but imagine it would be hilarious. so, I just caught episode 17. Yoon Jae, aha...he is so clueless but so adorable. I smile when he told his dad and haraboji 할아버지 about how his casual date is so in love with him, and yet he doesn't realise why she's been so mad at him. thankfully episode 18 is coming up and I am glad he will be getting his act together. I can't wait for Hyun Jae to find out the two are dating. he will be so shocked. :D strangely, I like the way things are going for Hyun Jae and Mirae. I'm glad she told him how she felt. after watching this, I'll cut her some slack about being so insecure. her past (marriage) has scarred her quite a bit and I can understand that she is worried about getting hurt again. also I like that this episode brought up the best in Hyun Jae. though he realised much later his feelings for Mirae, he is the sort of person that isn't wishy-washy once he has decided on something. I thought it so good how he tried to bridge the gap between him and Mirae. Soo Jae and HyunA - the only reason I am still paying attention is because of how the mother loves HyunA. it seems like this arc will be dragged further. I was hoping HyunA would come clean but Soo Jae  appearing at the right moment meant that she couldn't tell the mother the actual situation. so far I'm enjoying this series. of course there are some parts I do ff (surrender) like Mirae's mother & maternal grandmother scenes or even haraboji's sister's family scenes. overall I do like how things are progressing. relative to other long dramas, things here do get addressed or dealt with quickly. but maybe this is the issue - generally family weekend dramas draw the crowd because it is full of conflict (like having multiple amnesias). perhaps plot wise this is quite (flat) but it's stress free and that is the charm for me. this show is like a happy pill. I laugh my head off in a number of scenes - dolt couple, the yoga trio, Hyun Jae - Hae Joon banter. and, the lead actors are all pretty good acting wise and how can I complain when Shi Yoon Ssi gives the best fan service. :D in the preview of episode 19, Hyun Jae visits his grandparents graves and also tells Mirae about his father being adopted. I'll stay tuned. :innocent:

image-readtop-2022-493283-16543068255065

source:

https://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/schedule/list.php

• Like 2

There are some scenes from ep19 preview that did not appear in ep19. The talk about adoption should start in ep20 I guess.

I saw some speculation from knets when the show started airing that since we already have 2 adopted children in the show, why not make Hyunjae the third one? It may also work around the iffy adopted siblings problem that some people have about Hyunjae-Mirae.

Kyungchul didn't look that good when the family went out to visit the graves. We may have another sit down and talk moment.

Episode 21 Preview
Embarrassed by the sudden appearance of the Hyunjae, Yoon-jae hurriedly hides, while Hae-jun pretends to be okay with the Hyunjae.
Meanwhile, Soo-jae is puzzled when the door to the gym he took over is closed and calls Chang-yeol...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm officially shipping the second lead for the third couple because the third son is just too stupid for words. I hope that idiot contacts his brother who is an attorney to sue for being scammed I will continue to fast forward anything dealing with Jaws and oldest son. If they are getting a new writer, hopefully the writer doesn't go Makjang and will receive bonus points for me if they recast Jaws and upgrade the character profile. It makes no sense that a decent drama like this it's only at 22%. It is obviously the pairings that the Korean audience does not like. I think the wife of the cousin would have been a better cast as Oh Min Suk leading lady than jaws.

NEW EVENT!  

Favourite K-Dramas based on Web - Novels, Webtoons & Manhwa  

Vote NOW!  :piggydance:

Chingus, love them or hate them! You can’t ignore them. :coolshades:

K-Dramas inspired from manhwa, webtoons and web-novels are making a big splash in the entertainment industry. Vote for your favourite K-Dramas and let us know the ones you absolutely hated.

re:  Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @partyon

Hello everyone. It has been long since i came here in the weekend drama forum. But this drama really excites me. I thinks it has been years since i last joined forum for weekend drama. The last one i joined maybe Five Enough. 

I read that some of you don't favour Oh Min Suk and his partner. No hard feelings, but their relationship is the one I have been waiting for every weekend! I love them both. I think they are perfect for each other. They are funny! Even the lady looks a bit old than him, it's ok for me. I am happy with the latest rating! 

Cant really wait for this weekend and it's only Monday! And i do hope Hyun Jae's part with his partner will progress steadily, his story goes a bit slow for now. 

Just sharing my 2 cents. Stay safe everyone!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

When I was watching the broadcast, the lull I experienced left me with no sense of expectation when I watched the preview.

Soojae-Yuna: Pretty much nothing much has happened since Yuna crying during the wedding dress fitting. Their scenes are just sweet dating scenes. They kinda finally started the ball rolling for the scam reveal, but then the important highlight of this gym takeover scam would be when Soojae's family finds out about the scam. For all we know, Soojae's family finding out about the scam would not even happen next week, but the week after.

I am not sure when the love triangle will really get going with how Yuna is acting like a wall to Jungho. There's so far close to zero scenes with the 3 of them talking together. If the preview was meant to be misleading, Soojae may not even be that jealous next week. Maybe, the scam reveal will create a rift between Soojae and Yuna and that's when the triangle comes in. To be honest, my opinion is that the possibility is not low that the gym scam and love triangle will be the only 2 major events in the Soojae-Yuna storyline until the drama ends.

Hyunjae-Mirae: This couple is pretty much similar to Soojae-Yuna's tone these few episodes. Soojung is pretty much solo carrying the only existing flashpoint in this relationship. Yujin's appearance should end for now with the credits at the end. Her only significance to the plot seems to only be to initially spark Mirae's jealousy. However, the drama that she's writing may also bring her back later since they talked about it a lot at the end.

Back to Soojung, Mirae does not seem that intent yet on finding out what is the root cause of the problem with her mother yet. Jinheon knowing about Minho being adopted does give him a perspective into how to talk to Soojung about it. However, Soojung's issue has plagued her for almost her whole life. Resolution will not come easy to her. Soojung has not been drastic to the extent that she outright objects to Mirae's relationship so she's still trying her best to be fair. Knowing about Minho's adoption does give her concerns a more concrete shape. We will have to see how she works out from there.

That hint about the kiss scene at the end really came out of nowhere. Hyunjae is in his own bed. The only possibility that I can think of is that he's sick, but then there's no sign of him getting sick this week at all when we know how the writer likes to build up to events happening. Maybe, this scene will be bait and it will actually happen on Sunday instead of Saturday so that leaves time for buildup. Or we can go down the more ridiculous route and let it be a scene in someone's imagination (I saw comments that it's so weird to see Hyunjae closing his eyes first).

Yoonjae-Haejun: Their scenes, and by extension, Hyunjae and the people around them trying to find out about their relationship are pretty much the only highlight this week. Seeing as how there's zero big events for this storyline so far, I think we can safely expect them to go romcom all the way.

For next week, I do hope the drama gives something concrete for both Soojae's and Soojung's storyline. The current storyline feels too ambiguous for it to continue in this state for another week. I am not sure when Soojung will actually stop "playing nice" with Jungja and Mirae. She's still just keeping it in.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to add that since they bothered to get an actress to act out Soojung's sister-in-law, I am not sure what she will bring to the table now. Hopefully, there would be more participation compared to Yujin lol.

• Like 1