[Drama 2022] It's Beautiful Now or The Present is Beautiful, 현재는 아름다워 - Sat & Sun 19:55 @KST

0ly40

Sorry I could post this, the ratings where up late.

Here are the ratings for episode 50! (Last episode) :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“It’s Beautiful Now” And “The Good Detective 2” Both End On Their Highest Ratings Yet + “Little Women” Hits New All-Time High

Three dramas soared to new heights on Sunday!

On September 18, KBS 2TV’s popular weekend drama “It’s Beautiful Now” achieved the highest viewership ratings of its entire run for its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of the long-running series scored an average nationwide rating of 29.4 percent, marking a new all-time high for the show as it wrapped up its perfect streak of being the most-watched program to air any on channel on Sunday.

“It’s Beautiful Now” And “The Good Detective 2” Both End On Their Highest Ratings Yet + “Little Women” Hits New All-Time High | Soompi

I really loved this drama. I know people are into extreme emotions, sometimes extreme violence and thrills to excite those emotions, but I find much fulfillment in these not too melodramatic family dramas. I don’t think people realize how hard it is to bring something so heartwarming and somewhat normal to life- although the characters were quirky  enough to be interesting. Kudos to cast, crew, writer, director. I will miss the family they created.

Although it seems a requirement to throw in the typical puzzle pieces of complicated family relationships, and also sickness, I was very happy they did not dip into the pitfalls of too much melo -they let the characters find a path to dialogue with each other. Organ donor is a difficult subject anywhere not just in South Korea and I was glad that they did not discourage, since the majority of donors survive liver transplants very well. Majority of recipients do get at least five more years of quality life. I have known someone who went through such a transplant,  and did have some wonderful years. Apparently the first successful liver transplant was from a mother to her son. 

I know the ending with the two ladies going into labor together was predictable, but it was still a smile and laugh worth- I would’ve actually like to see the children being born. But we got a period in a families life where the ups and downs were resolved, even the sickness and in real life there are many patches of good times, if we would only just recognize it, if we only would not need the extremes to feel ‘alive’.

I do hope the next family drama will be least just as good  

• Blob 1

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Drama 2022] It's Beautiful Now or The Present is Beautiful, 현재는 아름다워 - Sat & Sun 19:55 @KST
  • 3 months later...
On 9/19/2022 at 11:41 PM, Gaia2u said:

I really loved this drama. I know people are into extreme emotions, sometimes extreme violence and thrills to excite those emotions, but I find much fulfillment in these not too melodramatic family dramas. I don’t think people realize how hard it is to bring something so heartwarming and somewhat normal to life- although the characters were quirky  enough to be interesting. Kudos to cast, crew, writer, director. I will miss the family they created.

Although it seems a requirement to throw in the typical puzzle pieces of complicated family relationships, and also sickness, I was very happy they did not dip into the pitfalls of too much melo -they let the characters find a path to dialogue with each other. Organ donor is a difficult subject anywhere not just in South Korea and I was glad that they did not discourage, since the majority of donors survive liver transplants very well. Majority of recipients do get at least five more years of quality life. I have known someone who went through such a transplant,  and did have some wonderful years. Apparently the first successful liver transplant was from a mother to her son. 

I know the ending with the two ladies going into labor together was predictable, but it was still a smile and laugh worth- I would’ve actually like to see the children being born. But we got a period in a families life where the ups and downs were resolved, even the sickness and in real life there are many patches of good times, if we would only just recognize it, if we only would not need the extremes to feel ‘alive’.

I do hope the next family drama will be least just as good  

I also love this family drama. I was so glad they didn’t make it extreme. I binged this series about two weeks ago and I was so grateful to watch such a warm, family drama. I was especially glad that the mother of the three male leads was normal. She might have objected in some cases for various reasons but she was an affectionate woman that also gave way to her sons. I loved the conversation she had with her FIL’s daughter at the hospital when she came to tell her that she approved of the transplant. The emotion between these two women felt so real: awkward but sincere as she tells the daughter that she wants her to live and she wants them to get to know each other better since their relationship had just begun. 

As to the couples, I really liked all three. They were all different and enjoyable. The youngest couple got along so well. They were also considerate of each other after the breakup. They just seemed so attuned to each other like best friends. It’s a good basis to build a lasting relationship. The couple in their 40s were a lot of fun. lol They was kind of wacky but enjoyable to watch. Then there’s the middle couple. They were sweet and I liked their honesty and bluntness. The two sets of parents were not left behind for me. I liked both their relationships although Mirae’s mom tended to be more moody. Grandfather was a character I thoroughly enjoyed. His sister is a hoot but she wasn’t nosy like her daughter-in-law upstairs. 

Overall, this has definitely become one of my favorite weekend family drama shows. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1