[Drama 2022] It's Beautiful Now or The Present is Beautiful, 현재는 아름다워 - Sat & Sun 19:55 @KST

0ly40

19 hours ago, Lunkera said:

Episode 16 Preview
A Mirae that is happy with the love of the Hyunjae. Sujeong is worried that such a Mirae will hurt, and emotions have a speed too, she advises to be in control.
Meanwhile, Soo-jae is deeply concerned about the general manager (Jung-hoo) who works with Yuna...

It seems like it’s going to be one intense ep. I wonder if by the end of it YooNa would have enough of the lying, Hyun Jae will know about his brother and his boss and Hae Jun will have to come clean about her sabotaging YJ. 

6 hours ago, roli said:

So far this weekend drama is fun and okey  

I am loving it but it seems like some ep are a little dragging. It does not bother me at all, not after the stress from last drama but i wonder if the audience in general misses it. The ratings have definitely not been so high. 

• Like 1

I think there could be possibly a few reasons for the low ratings:

1. Spring season (best weather for outings plus the show starts at 8pm when people won't go home that early) plus relaxation of covid restrictions after a long time in Korea so people are more eager to be out.

2. Total lack of makjang (an important element that tends to pull ratings up)

3. The drama really is striving to give equal screentime to the 3 lovelines plus 2 family stories at once. If the audience is only interested in one storyline, they may just watch clips instead of tuning in. I've seen comments that people like to watch the replay so they may just not tune in to the first broadcast.

As for whether people like how the story is playing out, to each his own I guess.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, lyd89 said:

I think there could be possibly a few reasons for the low ratings:

1. Spring season (best weather for outings plus the show starts at 8pm when people won't go home that early) plus relaxation of covid restrictions after a long time in Korea so people are more eager to be out.

2. Total lack of makjang (an important element that tends to pull ratings up)

3. The drama really is striving to give equal screentime to the 3 lovelines plus 2 family stories at once. If the audience is only interested in one storyline, they may just watch clips instead of tuning in. I've seen comments that people like to watch the replay so they may just not tune in to the first broadcast.

As for whether people like how the story is playing out, to each his own I guess.

Well, I do think the season and lifting of the COVID restrictions might have something to do with it. And I’m sure some ppl miss the Makjang plots. I am relieved this drama is more down to earth and relatable though. 

• Like 3

Episode 17 Preview
Kyung-ae is embarrassed by Yuna's sudden remark, but she reads it thoroughly. Yuna wins her heart to tell the truth about her even now...
On the other hand, she is thinking a lot about her future behavior now...

• Thanks 1

This style of editing the preview is vastly different from previous ones. Large part of it is taken up by Hyunjae and Mirae's monologues. It's like for a miniseries. I am not sure if it means they are going to upset the balance in screentime distribution for next episode.

I am really puzzled they just briefly showed the aftermath of Yuna dropping the bomb in the preview. Zero appearance of Kyungchul and Minho. Does that mean Kyungae will keep mum about the scam for now?

Continuing to look forward to every episode especially because there is not the absurd melodrama that some people are addicted to, 

ratings do not determine whether a series, a film, a play, or anything is good - it does say something about society though…

This series is wonderfully acted, directed, written- and yes, as it is 50 episodes, there will be some fillers, but so far even those are enjoyable…

• Like 5

My personal opinion is that the ratings are low because of what I said several times. That lawyer lady looks far too old & has no chemistry with the first male lead. And the third male lead which is the youngest son is not that hot either. Haggard lawyer's hair is very unattractive and she looks like his mama. Nothing has changed to make me change my mind. Her character comes off contrite and desperate. It's either the way she's acting or the character or both.  Is her screen partner supposed to generate chemistry through thin air? He's trying hard, but it's not happening. Her character is just ugh! This character is neither quirky nor cute.

They have been plenty successful dramas that we're not dramatic that has high ratings. 

On another note, the editing sucks for this series. I like the overall story line so I have no problem with that, but you can tell they went through some reshoots. The Second Son haircut keeps on changing. His new haircut is too short for the original style but since they reshot those scenes they forget that his hair is different. I've been noticing this for three episodes now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sungyoliw said:

Guys, do you know what song is yoon siyoon sings in the preview? i heard it from another drama, but i forgot the title 

It should be this one. Heard the word for 2 people and it sounded similar on youtube.

To be honest regarding Hyunjae's hair, the drama team would likely have preferred to stick to one style while Mirae's hair was still used for the plot. But then, YSY was filming a saeguk so the schedules clashed (Your hair needs to be quite long for a saeguk since you don't really have hairdressers readily available at that time).

Regarding ratings, I don't really have high expectations since this drama is really deviating from the usual plotlines for high rating weekend dramas. Regarding casting, I would say it would be better to avoid attacking the actors' appearance. Of course, the styling may play a part in different people's impression of the characters. For my end, I think it's quite ok for this part. Agree to disagree I guess.

SDM and OMS are no strangers to family dramas. They are performing well, to be honest. There's a reason why a lot of comments I see like this couple the most out of the three. It can't be just the plotline given to them. As for the more rookie actors, kbs has a habit of giving roles to them for experience. If we are going to expect all-round stellar acting for weekend dramas, there is really close to zero chance.

Honestly, 70min a episode feels short for this drama with how the writer is trying to add the same amount of details to several storylines at once in an episode. Overall progression feels slow as a result. But then, since you have the benefit of fast forwarding, you can just skip ahead if you don't want to watch a particular storyline. For me, I am a fan of all the storylines so I just watch the whole episode and rewind to take note of all the plot points. It's pretty much a fun thing to do with the way the writer writes the plot for this drama. There isn't a standout main plotline that takes up most of the air time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Going by the partial translation of the preview that I saw on twitter, it seems that Hyunjae and Mirae will have a heart to heart talk. Hopefully, that conversation does not take 2 episodes to finish and I am not sure if they will successfully resolve this conflict with what Hyunjae said at the end (the usual misleading previews).

But then, it makes me wonder what is Yujin's role in this. Is she supposed to only start something in Mirae? I saw that she had the script for eps 19-22. That's 5 more episodes, but then the appearance may end at ep19 which is 3 more. Still, if the Hyunjae-Mirae conflict ends at ep 17, is Yujin supposed to start something else after that? She only appeared once in ep16. That's not a lot of screentime to build her character.

On 5/17/2022 at 3:26 PM, Felicia Sutedja said:

HJ's hair is different looks longer and shorter in eps 14, do anyone realize about this? 

Agree, directors' fault in the confusion of HJ's hair, must be due to editing of multiple scenes filmed at different periods. Noticed last 2 episodes, HJ spotting short and long hair in different scenes - kinda weird. Prefer his short hair, more neat.

• Like 1

Regarding Hyunjae's hair, I had another thought about the number of places the actor has to go to for filming. If we list out the commonly used places and if each place is a different site entirely:

-The law firm, houses (assuming they are all sets in a studio)

-The corridor leading to the lift in the law firm building

-Stairway in law firm building

-Ground floor in law firm building

-All the outdoor filming at different places

I think it's close to common knowledge that they do not film in strict chronological order. They could be filming scenes from different episodes at the same venue in one day (just change the outfit). If there are technical issues or script rewriting, the reshoots will make the changes in hair length more frequent. To be honest, this is just a unfortunate clash in filming schedules for YSY. Hopefully, after 2 weeks of episodes, the jumping about for the hair length should be over.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

“It’s Beautiful Now” Receives Criticism Over Yoon Shi Yoon’s Hairstyle That Keeps Changing Every Scene

9f52770c2e50460a9d2f7bc8cea3b1de-485x1024.jpg

The hairstyle of actor Yoon Shi Yoon, the lead actor of KBS2 weekend drama ‘It’s Beautiful Now’, jumps out in every scene, and a disappointing voice comes out.

Recently, some online communities have raised questions about the details of the drama ‘It’s Beautiful Now’.

It is pointed out that it is not possible to understand how Lee Hyun Jae’s (Yoon Shi Yoon) hairstyle changes in every scene in the play.

This is not simply a statement about the change of Yoon Shi Yoon‘s hair getting longer and shorter. The problem is that Yoon Shi Yoon‘s hairstyle was jagged without any special connection points, even in the scene where he was wearing the same clothes or immediately following, or where a lot of time had not passed due to the flow of the play.

In fact, if you look at Yoon Shi Yoon‘s hairstyle between episodes 13 and 16, which is the most recent episode, the hair that is close to the bushy, slightly shorter hair, and the neatly set short hairstyle are repeated without any standards.

It becomes shorter, then longer, and then shorter again. Even considering the on-site situation in which all filming cannot be done sequentially, criticism continues that excessive jade tee interferes with immersion in the play.

Some viewers even say that the production of the drama is unreasonable. On the viewer’s bulletin board, opinions are pouring in that it seems that it is necessary to pay more attention to details.

Also, while the ratings of ‘It’s Beautiful Now‘ is consistently in the 20% range, KBS’ weekend drama, which is considered a ratings guarantee, is not continuing its reputation.

This is a disappointing result considering that the previous work ‘Gentleman and Lady’ broke 30% in 10 episodes and the final episode recorded a viewer rating of 36.8%, which was close to 40%.

Can ‘It’s Beautiful Now‘ supplement the problem and raise the ratings further in the future? 

Preview ep 18: After he finished singing, Hyun-jae introduces the fMiRae to the writer Eugene, whom she met by chance, and greets them together. On the other hand, Yoon-jae feels slightly anxious at Hae-jun's words that his heart is colder than before.

If anyone's curious about the continuation of last week's ending,

Spoiler

The marriage scam did not get revealed. Soojae arriving cut Kyungae and Yuna off before Yuna can continue. Kyungae just assumed Yuna was getting nervous before marriage. The writer may really just go with the gym scam into marriage scam revealed route.

Haejun and Yoonjae seems to be breaking away from the comedy routine this week. It may also be back to the usual after this week too.

There seems to be a lot of sweet scenes with Hyunjae and Mirae today, mostly of Hyunjae trying to relieve Mirae of her concerns. I am not sure if all her concerns were addressed by the end. (It looks like it is, going by her facial expressions). But then, for me, there is this lingering uneasiness as I watch on because I can't shake off the feeling that Hyunjae is overcompensating for Mirae's concerns and it won't end well. 

Moving to the preview, it seems that Mirae gets introduced to the writers as Hyunjae's girlfriend. At this point of time, I am not sure what will be the purpose of keeping Yujin in the show further. She went a little out of character near the end of today's episode (the script, not the actress), with a "dreamy" type of line. The actress showed that she had the script for ep 19-22, so I am not sure what else is in store for her. Nam Bora doesn't seems to have that little recognition to only appear for like 2 minutes per episode. Hopefully, I hope they don't go with the "evil" proactively interfere in the relationship type of plot next. I have seen too much of it in weekend dramas and I need something fresh.

Hyunjae and Haejun moments are pretty much the scenes that I look forward to each week. I can watch happily with no worries.

• Like 2