[Drama 2022] It's Beautiful Now or The Present is Beautiful, 현재는 아름다워 - Sat & Sun 19:55 @KST

0ly40

14 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@Min Mcgonagall Yeah, i do not believe he is gonna get the apartment either. I believe that later that Soojae and Yuna will live with the parents.

I think they are going to end up marrying the last. First he'll have to deal with the fallout from the gym and there's also the love triangle with MiRae's brother. And the fact that at some point, his plan will come out. 

• Like 1

I don't think it will be a serious accident if there is going to be one. Minho and Kyungae look like they are sitting down and crying. Maybe, the bombshell was dropped at a family meeting. It could be a terminal illness for Kyung Cheol (though there isn't really much signs to suggest this) like what some others are suggesting. I don't think Minho will be crying over Soojae scamming the family.

If it is a serious accident, then it could possibly be a huge obstacle for Hyunjae and Mirae's relationship if Kyungcheol is the cause. It won't be easy to resolve the later conflict (plus the birth secrets much later etc.) 

YSY said that their relationship belongs to the melodrama genre, so I don't think it will be smooth sailing at all. To be honest, I am really not sure if Youngeun's push for Hyunjae to make a decision immediately was what he really needed with his state of mind. It may just be movinbg on to a different set of problems, but then it's all up to how the writer writes the script from now on.

I'm really impressed how Youngeun's actress potrayed her internal conflcts. I will miss her back and forth with Hyunjae when it ends.

I saw on twitter that Nam Bora is holding a script for this drama. It could be a special appearance. From the attire, it seems to be more related to Hyunjae. It could be a new love rival.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lyd89 said:

I don't think it will be a serious accident if there is going to be one. Minho and Kyungae look like they are sitting down and crying. Maybe, the bombshell was dropped at a family meeting. It could be a terminal illness for Kyung Cheol (though there isn't really much signs to suggest this) like what some others are suggesting. I don't think Minho will be crying over Soojae scamming the family.

If it is a serious accident, then it could possibly be a huge obstacle for Hyunjae and Mirae's relationship if Kyungcheol is the cause. It won't be easy to resolve the later conflict (plus the birth secrets much later etc.) 

I hope it's not a serious illness. That's be very sad, bc Grandad has spent so long waiting to find his daughter, I hope they'd have more time. 

Also, hopefully it won't be a serious accident. But in any case, they probably end up in the hospital and that'd be enough for conflict between the families. 

15 minutes ago, lyd89 said:

YSY said that their relationship belongs to the melodrama genre, so I don't think it will be smooth sailing at all. To be honest, I am really not sure if Youngeun's push for Hyunjae to make a decision immediately was what he really needed with his state of mind. It may just be movinbg on to a different set of problems, but then it's all up to how the writer writes the script from now on.

I also don't know if he was ready to admit his feelings like that. At least he's aware of them. Now, we'll have to wait to see if they decide to act on them already or to wait. As you wrote, they get the 'melodrama' relationship, so I expect there going to be a lot of stressful moments.

What are  your thoughts on Soo Jae's course of action right now? @lyd89 @Lunkera

• Like 1

If an illness is involved, I think it will give the writer more space to decide when the actor will leave the show. It will certainly give the grandchildren more urgency to marry to fulfil his wishes, especially Yoonjae. But then, I really cannot remember any signs of Kyungchul hiding his illness.

I am not sure if the writer's intention was for Soojae's character to be not likable (the irritating maknae in weekend dramas). I definitely don't like what he's doing, but if that's the writer's intention, then it's achieving the intended effect. It does interfere with the decision whether to cheer for their couple.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, lyd89 said:

I am not sure if the writer's intention was for Soojae's character to be not likable (the irritating maknae in weekend dramas). I definitely don't like what he's doing, but if that's the writer's intention, then it's achieving the intended effect. It does interfere with the decision whether to cheer for their couple.

Agree about SooJae completely, tends to be an unlikeable character. He is immatured, spoilt, greedy & over-ambitious in the wrong way to cheat his family unlike his elder brothers. YooNa is equally the same, because of money she is prepared to join SJ to cheat, she has attitude problem the way she treated her "boss". SJ's mother is protecting & defending him without justice - outright favouritism that he is a minor and doesn't hold a stable job to own an apartment yet.

• Like 5

:star:Spotlight: Young Bright Stars of Tomorrow:star:

Chingus, let's show our love and appreciation for the bright young child artists in K-dramas. :heart:

Let's celebrate their talent in our new Spotlight: Young Bright Stars of Tomorrow.  :partyblob:

Don’t forget to vote for your favourite Former K-drama child artists. :piggydance:

Re : @confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth

I think I really like the dentist-lawyer couple. Not sure why there's a lot of hate for the lawyer character but I suppose it's preference. I do like how she's really energetic and upbeat and this is in contrast to someone who is a pretty boring. Nice that since she doesn't have a family setting like Yoon Jae that if they get together, she'll get to have that experience. I really want that for her. I think they have good chemistry and compatibility and whilst I was not impressed with how she went and told the writer about his "womanizing ways" I can understand why she did it.

Love love love hyun jae and mi rae. She's so sweet and lovely and he really needs that. I was worried initially about her jumping into a new relationship and liking hyun jae out of having some kind of "saviour complex". But from what I see and what's being reiterated throughout, hyun jae is a good person and that's just lovely that she can see that. She treats him so much differently from his ex young eun. His ex is so selfish, arrogant and her feelings are so fickle. She's in the middle of divorce then comes back to hyun jae and wants to make a move on him despite him telling her that he's done. Mi Rae on the other hand is gentle, kind and considerate to Hyun Jae and is always concerned about him. They both need each other and I think they'll find the support they need in each other.

Soo Jae and Yu Na's relationship annoys me. I don't take well to Soo Jae's character, I don't see much character growth. I don't really take to their relationship, I find myself fast forwarding their scenes. I do prefer Yu Na with Mi Rae's brother for some reason. I find his character more of what Yu Na needs and he's not whishy washy like Soo Jae, or immature and selfish. Soo Jae doesn't seem to want to do the hard work to reap the results and wants the easy way out. Not impressed.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, lyd89 said:

If an illness is involved, I think it will give the writer more space to decide when the actor will leave the show. It will certainly give the grandchildren more urgency to marry to fulfil his wishes, especially Yoonjae. But then, I really cannot remember any signs of Kyungchul hiding his illness.

i was wondering if what the preview was hinting at would be something not so bad...just that the "kids" found out what the grandparents were up to. After all, they rented the car and Mr Lee's sister did say that they did that without telling MinHo.

So, maybe if there's even a small accident they'd be forced to tell the "kids"? I dont want to worry too much bc previews are always so misleading.

6 hours ago, lyd89 said:

5 hours ago, Elchan said:

Agree about SooJae completely, tends to be an unlikeable character. He is immatured, spoilt, greedy & over-ambitious in the wrong way to cheat his family unlike his elder brothers. YooNa is equally the same, because of money she is prepared to join SJ to cheat, she has attitude problem the way she treated her "boss". SJ's mother is protecting & defending him without justice - outright favouritism that he is a minor and doesn't hold a stable job to own an apartment yet.

I agree with both of you. I find myself disliking Soo Jae and how he's purposedly lying to his family and also trying to get both of his brothers to give up so that he can get the appartment even faster. Yes, he's charismatic and easy going but also is being very manipulative and I can't help but feel like he'll be desperate enough too provoke his mom into being more upset once Yoon Jae brings Hae Jun home.

Yoo Na is determined to follow her dreams and I respect that, but I think she'll have to make soon a decision about continuing her plan with Soo Jae or telling him to stop dreaming and start working.

2 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

I think I really like the dentist-lawyer couple. Not sure why there's a lot of hate for the lawyer character but I suppose it's preference. I do like how she's really energetic and upbeat and this is in contrast to someone who is a pretty boring. Nice that since she doesn't have a family setting like Yoon Jae that if they get together, she'll get to have that experience. I really want that for her.

I loved their scenes... It's like I never know if I should just laugh or feel second hand embarrasement :D Yes, she's somewhat crazy and a little too energetic but as she told him, maybe that's the reason she likes him. He's really stuck on his ways and is a little boring...and has no tact whatsoever. But he's changed how he looks at her sometimes...he's curious and it seems to me he likes to see her go off :D 

I think at the beginning of the drama Hae Jun was telling Hyun Jae that anybody who would marry into that family would have a hard time...now she'll probably end up in that position. 

Hyun Jae and Mi Rae made me smile. They are so good together and I am happy to see him confess. Now, I wonder if the way it happens was the best, but for once I was ok with the ex meddling. I hope she leaves soon though. Let's see if they have time to date before the truth about MiRae's mom comes out. 

2 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

I do prefer Yu Na with Mi Rae's brother for some reason. I find his character more of what Yu Na needs and he's not whishy washy like Soo Jae, or immature and selfish.

It does seem like that triangle is going to be messy. 

9 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I think the young couple will be last to marry.

I also think they should be the last to marry.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

Soo Jae and Yu Na's relationship annoys me. I don't take well to Soo Jae's character, I don't see much character growth. I don't really take to their relationship, I find myself fast forwarding their scenes. I do prefer Yu Na with Mi Rae's brother for some reason. I find his character more of what Yu Na needs and he's not whishy washy like Soo Jae, or immature and selfish. Soo Jae doesn't seem to want to do the hard work to reap the results and wants the easy way out. Not impressed.

we think alike, same conclusion here. his face doesn't register of his acting ability not because of his looks but rather the irritability like what we nickname some similar characters like him as "feel like slapping his face".                                      Prefer Mi Rae's brother too, although he has the arrogant look but likeable face & can attract. Must admit he is more handsome and his role of a successful professional trained to take over his family business is a much better catch for YuNa. But highly doubt this will happen cos from the poster, the 3 brothers are already linked to the 3 women supposedly to be their future brides.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Elchan said:

we think alike, same conclusion here. his face doesn't register of his acting ability not because of his looks but rather the irritability like what we nickname some similar characters like him as "feel like slapping his face".                                      Prefer Mi Rae's brother too, although he has the arrogant look but likeable face & can attract. Must admit he is more handsome and his role of a successful professional trained to take over his family business is a much better catch for YuNa. But highly doubt this will happen cos from the poster, the 3 brothers are already linked to the 3 women supposedly to be their future brides.

I read somewhere that maybe one of the couples will have a "pregnancy" plot line and I really hope it's not Yoo Na and Soo Jae. As you wrote, it seem like Yoo Na won't end up with Mirae's brother bc apparently the posters link the brothers with their partners. But, I  can't see how much growth Soo Jae can have to imo be the better option.

• Like 2

I love the youngest couple chemistry but Soojae is immature. Yuna has been hesitant from what i've seen but Soojae is trying to convince her all the time so i don't blame Yuna as much. Soojae seems to be manipulative but not in an evil way, just immature so i guess he will get Yuna to go along with it maybe.

@Min Mcgonagall   If there is an accidental pregnancy plot it's either the youngest or oldest couple. The oldest drink alot while the youngest could be more careless with their passion ^^. I doubt it will be Hyunjae and Mirae since they are slow and careful and seems to be pretty responsible. I just hope we won't have any miscarriage, it makes me so depressed.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

I love the youngest couple chemistry but Soojae is immature. Yuna has been hesitant from what i've seen but Soojae is trying to convince her all the time so i don't blame Yuna as much. Soojae seems to be manipulative but not in an evil way, just immature so i guess he will get Yuna to go along with it maybe.

@Min Mcgonagall   If there is an accidental pregnancy plot it's either the youngest or oldest couple. The oldest drink alot while the youngest could be more careless with their passion ^^. I doubt it will be Hyunjae and Mirae since they are slow and careful and seems to be pretty responsible. I just hope we won't have any miscarriage, it makes me so depressed.

I love their chemistry but I'm having second thoughts about how they are developing this marriage plan of theirs. I also think that Soo Jae is too immature and Yoo Na is not going to go along this plan much longer.

If there's a pregnancy plot line, I'm hoping is for the eldest couple. Those two have to settle into their relationship but at least I think they'd be more ready for it. Hyun Jae and Mirae have other things to worry them already...the mom and grandad and the grandparents would make it difficult for them

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

If there is going to be a pregnancy plot line, it should be Yoonjae-Haejun. Then, they will follow up with the weekend drama usual of "the mother does not like you but she still has to let you marry because you are pregnant" scenario.

Yuna being pregnant pretty much will make the future love triangle impossible to carry on. And then there is Yuna's bakery school dream which you will likely only see if they do a time skip unless she goes to a local school instead.

I don't think there's going to be a pregnancy any time soon with the pace that this drama is going at.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, lyd89 said:

If there is going to be a pregnancy plot line, it should be Yoonjae-Haejun. Then, they will follow up with the weekend drama usual of "the mother does not like you but she still has to let you marry because you are pregnant" scenario.

Yuna being pregnant pretty much will make the future love triangle impossible to carry on. And then there is Yuna's bakery school dream which you will likely only see if they do a time skip unless she goes to a local school instead.

I don't think there's going to be a pregnancy any time soon with the pace that this drama is going at.

I also hope if it happens, then to the eldest couple. The youngest are not ready and as you pointed out, the love triangle and YouNaa's dream would have to be put on hold. 

16 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

Nope, not until the late 20/30s. I hope Soojae and yuna contract will be revealed by episode 20 though or atleast yuna not want to do it anymore

I think the mother-grandad relationship is going to come out soon and the rest will take a backsit. Plus, there's the possible gym scam,.  I wonder how the contract relationship will come out though.

• Like 1

Today's episode should be Youngeun's last appearance. Her name is in tha ending credits thanking special appearances.

And as mentioned before, Nam Bora is really cast for the drama. She's in next episode's preview.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lyd89 said:

Today's episode should be Youngeun's last appearance. Her name is in tha ending credits thanking special appearances.

And as mentioned before, Nam Bora is really cast for the drama. She's in next episode's preview.

It seems like she's going to again come between Hyun Jae and MiRae? It seems like she was interested in him?

And also, it seems like it will come out soon that Hae Jun is responsible for Yoon Jae being kicked out of the TV program?

Here's the written preview for tomorrow's episode:

The future regrets the suddenly canceled dinner appointment with the present. Currently, he is sorry and heads home after meeting with the client.
Meanwhile, Kyung-cheol, who had a car accident, hides the truth from Min-ho and goes home. 

• Like 1