[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

That small detail. . .probs to the director, I think after this drama the director become one of my fav, the cinematography, transition and details are so good and pretty. I will looking forward to his next project. . 

I look up his previous projects, all of them are amazing wow

Name: Jung Ji-Hyun

Twenty Five Twenty One | Seumuldaseot Seumulhana (tvN / 2022)

You Are My Spring | Neoneun Naui Bom (tvN / 2021)

The King: Eternal Monarch | The King: Youngwonui Gunjoo (SBS / 2020)

Search: WWW | Geomsaekeoreul Ibryeokhaseyo: WWW (tvN / 2019)

Mr. Sunshine (tvN / 2018)

Cr : asianwiki

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

@Skysky the pd is good and so is the writer. is this an original script by this writer? absolutely love her for creating Na Heedo this character! so straightforward and so no manipulation or any hidden agenda! she is not only the compass but also the oxygen to BYJ! think BYJ realized how important heedo was to him when his mom shared her perspective about having the right soulmate on the beach in busan(?), though romantic feelings for heedo might not be there yet! his priority was to rebuild his life, his confidence before thinking about love. heedo has "guided" him to pursue his passion in journalism, to advance his career, to look at and enjoy the beautiful things around him! and now it's the right time for yijin to acknowledge his feelings for heedo.

hope to see their romantic relationship developed in a couple of more eps before going back to present time, especially heedo's dating style! :lol:

it's just sad to picture that they didnt end up together unless the daughter is adopted! was analyzing the conversation between minchae and grandma when talking about their own mother-and-daughter relationship with heedo, like "how come you are her mom?" and "how come you are her daughter?"

on a side note, dont understand why some viewers are so harsh in criticizing NJH in startup. his acting wasnt bad, he played a nerd, so what kind of expression should viewers expect? he definitely acts better if he has a good fl! it's like playing team sports, how can both parties play out a good game when one is not good? hope he can gain more success before his military enlistment!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Skysky said:

For me its expected tho. Because Heedoo never really hated YR in fact NHD was her no1 fan. Its just YR attitude who make they hate each other, even when they are still in bad term, NHD still saved her (from person whos running and almost bump into YR) and NHD had sympathetic moment toward YR when YR fall into the water, NHD never really hate YR. It's not sudden in my opinion, they are just need YR to change her attitude and apologize then its done.

Yes, I think the same way too. HD never hated YR. HD was just feeling unhappy and distraught because the person she admired most hated her. There's lots of scenes throughout the drama that shows her love for YR.

Ohhh that clip on the beach! It gave me butterflies ahahah :heart: can't wait for today's episode.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Spoiler
Spoiler

I don't know where I read it but I read somewhere before the show was about to began, it said that they would meet 3 times in their lives after separating- 1st when was their 1st meeting, 2nd would be when YJ came back after becoming reporter and 3rd one would be in present time.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by Bellajen
  • Like 2

My OTP was on the screen for a few seconds... :rolleyes:

FNstjyfaUAE7Qgd?format=jpg&name=360x360

I love all the scenes between Yurim and HD.

The bathroom fight scene was hilarious.

HD was strong while Yurim was weak.

Now Yurim's letter to HD is a little clearer to me.

FNq6nIwaUAAwfEs?format=jpg&name=360x360

FNZewDUakAArEpx?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SJW said:

on a side note, dont understand why some viewers are so harsh in criticizing NJH in startup. his acting wasnt bad, he played a nerd, so what kind of expression should viewers expect? he definitely acts better if he has a good fl! it's like playing team sports, how can both parties play out a good game when one is not good? hope he can gain more success before his military enlistment!

people got weird in start up. he was being criticized irrationally because they wanted the 2nd male lead to get the girl, totally ignoring the kdrama rule of main leds getting together. he was so good in the nurse files, that's where I became a fan

• Like 4

@aria26 and @SJW - Yeah "Start-Up" became a RickRoll'D show against NJH because a lot of people were rooting for the second lead. (I understood how that would be but still, the second lead relation with the main female character was based on deception and lies so a big no-no for me). Unfortunately, NJH was the first victim of that... I am not saying he was great in it but he definitely did not deserve the harsh criticism he received. That said, I think this show really redeemed him in the eyes of many and this is the most important. I also agree that having good acting partners really does make a difference.

In relation to BYJ being perceived as patronizing, i think this is interesting. I disagree but I totally see where you are coming from @giragira. I don't think he meant to be but you could see the differences between BYJ and NHD in this episode in terms of maturity. After last week's episodes, I said that I did not think they were ready to date and I still think that. BYJ knows it, NHD does too. That is where her whole jealousy of him is coming from... He is more mature and ahead and she feels like she will not be able to keep up. So I do not think he was patronizing per se, but he was just being himself. It is just that they are not equals right now. There is a huge imablanace in their relationship...

Also kuddos to us all as in the previous poll, we all got that BYJ would not play along with pretending to be Injeolmi! Ah I like dramas where people do not play mind games!!

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

28 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Also kuddos to us all as in the previous poll, we all got that BYJ would not play along with pretending to be Injeolmi! Ah I like dramas where people do not play mind games!!

That's the reason why I love their relationship so much! There's no misunderstandings nor lack of communication so far. They are honest with each other. HD's personality is very blunt, naive and honest, and she totally influenced YJ in a good way.

I bet HD will get hurt because of that documentary. YJ said she had to trust him as he would always protect her. It's kind of a heavy promise to make since you don't know what lies in the future. YJ will pay for those words. BUT thanks to the synopsis, we know those hurt feelings will be temporarily.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Bellajen This is just an example when you would like to use the spoiler...

Click the eye and write inside the box. Then Submit..

Spoiler

Credit to the owner

When you want to delete it, just click the square on the top left corner... and press DEL

:glasses: Welcome to the thread.

Credit to tvN

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What are the chances of Hee Do and Yi Jin ending up together?? I'm trying to brace myself mentally lol because it seems to me that all the episodes so far are hinting towards a sad ending between the leads T_T

The daughter's first name Kim, the daughter not knowing who Baek Yi Jin is until reading her mom's diary, the ballet clothes her Dad sent her and the way Hee Do responded by saying she's lucky to have a Dad bla bla and saying her Dad is overseas meaning Hee Do should be on good terms with her current husband since she seems to be in constant contact with him. Aaand the most obvious hint being how shocked Hee Do looked when her mum mentioned she saw Baek Yi Jin the other day meaning she has not seen or heard from Yi Jin in a while sigh

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Damn... Seems like we will still be in 1999 for episode 11...

Not sure what to think about that. I also feel the longer this will go on, the more their differences will play a role in their 'break-up'. Also, tvN previews are very unreliable but it seems something might happen to NHD. I mean we kept assuming in would come from BYJ but it might come from NHD instead. Her mother? Her fencing career? Her coach?

Also, doesn't it seem that JSW might have feelings for MJW?... The 5 friends might grow more distant because of that, no?

• Like 2

Ugh I know I already complaining before but I cant help it, only 6 eps left there is no sight of 25 21 yet. . .? sigh. Do they have enough time to explaining everything? I totally doubt it. Still have to explain their relationship at 24 20, romance at 25 21, and to present day, middle-age NHD

We are still at 23 19, next week is still the same, so only 5 eps left! If the break up take 2 eps, only 3 eps left  and last eps mostly would explain minchae and present NHD right? (if BYJ had reunion with her or we finally get to see the 'kim' husband), so only 2 eps for their romance aka the drama title '25 21'. . . .:blink:

And today eps is just filler, there is nothing really happen. I saw little hype too on twitter, completely different compare to yesterday eps. 

The ending is terrible too, honestly I'm not fan of minchae scenes (and middle age NHD, sorry), totally the downgrade of yesterday eps, it is unfortunate too because more people would watch drama at sunday but our otp had little scenes and the cliffhanger is totally a turn off (I hope people wont give up this drama and still watching. . .)

• Like 5

ermmm is it possible yi jin is adopted?  

Spoiler

his dad said yijin is the greatest consolation for him ten years ago? perhaps all this while baek do not use the surname of his current father..

if we wan to look on the previos writer work, www. there is no real dramatic conflict so perhaps it will also applies ro this drama

kinda sad that the grown up na heedo dont remember their trip. perhaps the 5 of them are drift apart. if they always in contact i think they will always reminisece the past when meeting up. 

but i understand. im 31 this year. not rembering much about my high schooll but ofcus during that time, it is the best phase of my life. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ainipang said:

kinda sad that the grown up na heedo dont remember their trip. perhaps the 5 of them are drift apart. if they always in contact i think they will always reminisece the past when meeting up. 

but i understand. im 31 this year. not rembering much about my high schooll but ofcus during that time, it is the best phase of my life. 

hmmm. good point about the friends drifting apart. when min chae saw the picture, she did not go, oh there's aunt yurim and seung wan, etc. she did not know the people there.

I also dont remember a lot of high school things. those who do see each other a lot have a lot of memories because they constantly talk about them. I remember meeting a high school classmate years later who taught me how to do copy and paste in first year, and she doesnt remember, I told her it changed my life (I was so silly typing the articles from my britannica cd to word). if we had met more often earlier on, I bet I would have told her constantly and she would not have forgotten

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, ainipang said:

ermmm is it possible yi jin is adopted?  

Hide contents

his dad said yijin is the greatest consolation for him ten years ago? perhaps all this while baek do not use the surname of his current father..

if we wan to look on the previos writer work, www. there is no real dramatic conflict so perhaps it will also applies ro this drama

I also noticed the same thing. Though I don’t get my hopes up of HD and YJ end up together, but the theory about YJ being adopted might be true. Since his father clearly mention how YJ consoled him since ten yrs before. And in the scene where YJ and his mom talking, the first thing she mentioned abt was how she got divorced on paper with YJ’s dad. Not sure though. But I think it will cause sth in the next episodes.

And yeah, true that friends drifting apart after years have been passed is totally common. I had a group of friend back then in high school. We also had a trip and we got sentimental during the trip and told each other how we won’t lose contact and keeping our friendship for life. But guessed what? We barely talked to each other now. I only talked with few friends fr my other group. LOL. 

Btw, the whole YJ’s confessing scene reminded me of how my husband confessed to me for the first time. And my answer that moment was somewhat similar to HD’s answer abt not feeling that further yet. Hahahahahaha.

• Like 5

Do guys notice, grown up NHD makes me worried when KMC mention about the beach trip, her facial expression seems, umm like she want to forget about that? Did BYJ in the future will make her dissapointed, also how about the other friends?? 

>> also, i think NHD will not end up with BYJ sadly. Because, perhaps BYJ change his fam name to Kim, but how come KMC not recognize his own father (when she saw the picture) .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skysky said:

The ending is terrible too, honestly I'm not fan of minchae scenes (and middle age NHD, sorry), totally the downgrade of yesterday eps, it is unfortunate too because more people would watch drama at sunday but our otp had little scenes and the cliffhanger is totally a turn off (I hope people wont give up this drama and still watching. . .)

:D This feeling of being disappointed sucks.  so far the present day scenes are predicting that BYJ and NHD didn’t end up together.  
adult NHD not remembering the beach trip is so disappointing.  KMC is so into reading the diary.  she is on the same page as us viewers looking into the past and hoping something happened.   

am at a point now where I think will try to put off watching and just binge watch the last 6 episodes.  This storyline is driving me crazy now.

• Like 2