[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

@mizv ikr! I still dont understand about the purpose of whole minchae and middle age NHD arc, I think it can turn people off, when I recommend this drama to one of my friends, she already know about the 'kim' surname and refuse to watch the drama that have possibility of sad ending like this. This drama is already perfect and good without the 'try guessing the father' of minchae TBH! I'm sure the rating could be higher too

@ainipang honestly I already gave up about the whole surname guess, because minchae cant recognize the younger face of BYJ and called BYJ as her mother EX! So his father is totally different person, he is the 'kim' husband of NHD. 

And it is imposible that NHD already forget about BYJ and his memories, he is not just anyone, he is her FIRST love, and the memories of her got first gold medal is = the memories of BYJ because the way he helped her to get her first gold medal, she couldnt get it without BYJ, so just like @LoveKDramaXoXo said, she is more like trying to forget her memories because it can be painful for her, and probably because she has husband already. I still believe about theory (dont open if you easily triggerred) 

Spoiler

BYJ die at young age '25'

but we will see what would happen, in the end its all theory and nothing is confirmed yet. only 6 eps left everyone, hang in there!! 

• Like 4

Watched ep 10 , it was so good... 

Heedo really knows about her feelings very well , she clearly knows she likes yi jin more he is not just a friend anymore , she also knows it's really not love yet.

I think her real love is yurim.

Both of them are behaving like lovers, even the phone calls too..

Anyway it's good that the wounds they caused each other is healing slowly.

But can they really be friends? 

I mean I don't know I have never come across a situation like this but they both have to compete with each other during matches. 

The one thing that is pulling down yurim so much, is her poverty.

when it comes to her family, what stand will she take? Will she again hurt heedo?

Ah one thing, how lazy is this min chae girl ,can't she read the diary faster....

Why doesn't adult heedo remember this beach trip? Is she pretending?

Or did something tragic happen and this was her mind's way of coping with the tragedy.

She must remember something right, at least being part of a documentary with yurim.

• Like 3

Just watched episode 10. It was good but felt more like a filler (I mean, why are we still in 1999? At this rate, 2521 will only take place at ep16).

The seniority culture in South Korea can be a double-edged sword. Respect is a precious virtue, but seniors enjoy authority and power, and that can lead to injustice, as we've seen with YJ. It was painful to watch.

YJ was the first one to say "I love you", while HD remains confused, naturally. Since it happened that way, I bet HD will be the next one to confess, most probably during 2521.

Adult HD forgetting about the school trip sounded ominous. She was not pretending. It really seemed as if those memories were erased from her brain. Was it a trauma? Did YJ really passed away? Or was it YR? Which one died? A death of a friend could be the reason why they drifted apart over the years.

And to be honest, I find the current timeline so unnecessary with the father-guessing game ala Reply series. I even dislike adult HD so much. And what is the point of killing a character for the plot? This is not a thriller.

• Like 4

Adult HD doesn’t seem like young HD at all. There is something amiss. How can she completely forget the trip especially since she only took one trip? Very strange.

forgetting stuff from high school days is one thing but not remembering an entire trip when you didn’t otherwise go for one especially with someone who had just  confessed to you doesn’t make sense. 

• Like 4

There were a lot of things that I liked in this episode even though it was a bit slow...

First, I thought JSW was great! She really shined in this episode and I am glad we got to learn more about her. She was so good with playing with BYJ that I got really curious as to what she will become in the future: politician? police officer? professor? Those are my three assumptions for now. I also liked how BYJ's borther was such a huge fan and was excited to meet her.

I felt uneasy with the whole "forever does not last" but it is also so realistic that I liked it as well. It is true that most things evolve and that forever does not exist. You always think that your closest friend will be close forever but that is rarely the case; it takes a lot of work for that to happen, especially when you are friends as teenagers. That said, when adult NHD said that she had a smile on her face so it is not sad... That is why I refuse to think that any of them died. I think they all went their own ways and all manage to do great things!

The whole BYJ's work experience is so frustrating and yet, so realistic. I can see why he would want to go to College and finish his studies as I fear this whole talk might be something he will hear over and over again... Like you said @Kathia seniority culture is really tricky and adds so much more stress on BYJ. He has to prove himself to so many people...

I am a bit lost with what BYJ's dad said, how he has made him happy for the past 10 years... What does it mean? Was BYJ adopted? Same for his brother?

As for adult NHD forgetting the trip, I wonder if something bad happened just after and that took over her happy memories of the trip... is it something related to the preview where she appears crying (she is wearing a dark pink polo shirt)?

ETA: oh my fav scene was just before the whispering scene, when BYJ is listening with his eyes closed and NHD looks at him. Loved the way it was shot. Great photography!!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

*swoons* The way Yi Jin whispered to Hee Do *melts* I'm laughing at his reactions at the other 4 silly kids he's stuck with! This drama is well written and also well casted. 

That scene at the beach when all of 'em sat side by side with the pink sky over head was so beautiful. 

Was shocked to find out that Ji Woong had such a sad personal story. Despite that, he's so cheery and... extra ha-ha. Oh can't wait for Yi Jin's lil bro's noona romance with Seung Wan LoL! 

Lastly .. just what did Hee Do mean that she couldn't remember!? Or that it's good things are temporary..? Uh-oh am not liking the tone of all this.

@carolinedl

Why do you think he's adopted LoL? I just think Yi Jin's a real filial son & just genuinely thankful to his father for providing for him for 10 years that's all (shrugs) At least that's my understanding of it, no biggie.:blush: Plus him bein' the oldest son, he just probably wanted to not worry his dad more. The whole seniority hierarchy thing is somethin' that's common in Japan as well, not just S.K. It's unfortunate as these so-called seniors abuse their position to ridicule subordinates in order to exert authority. It just sickens me. Respect needs to be earned.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

As for adult NHD forgetting the trip, I wonder if something bad happened just after and that took over her happy memories of the trip... is it something related to the preview where she appears crying (she is wearing a dark pink polo shirt)?

I don't think YR kept her promise about not "diving".  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@carolinedl

Why do you think he's adopted LoL? I just think Yi Jin's a real filial son & just genuinely thankful to his father for providing for him for 10 years that's all (shrugs) At least that's my understanding of it, no biggie.:blush: Plus him bein' the oldest son, he just probably wanted to not worry his dad more. The whole seniority hierarchy thing is somethin' that's common in Japan as well, not just S.K. It's unfortunate as these so-called seniors abuse their position to ridicule subordinates in order to exert authority. It just sickens me. Respect needs to be earned.

It was just a response to what some other people have posted here... I am not sure really but the 10 years seemed a bit odd. Or perhaps something happened 10 years ago? In any case, 10 years seems a bit odd wine you would normally refer to your kid's age since he should bring you joy since birth, not when you turnt 13... no?

@kboramint Interesting... that could be it. But she seems so happy these days...

• Like 3

We're entering 2420 next week i guess with all the festival and flower bouquet that's usually given on a graduation day. So the giving each other pain is not as severe as what we thought. I know the last scene is party pooper but let's just embrace more moments of youth (trusting each other at 2420 and love each other at 2521) that's about to come. I mean the preview is full of light why bother the uncertainty of the present timeline.

Seems like Hee Do is dragging Yi Jin to the broadcasting room (see the room tag at 2nd picture). Will they leave behind a more cringey/lovely recording to replace I love you, Da Eun recording? 

Here's the text preview of ep 11. Disclaimer : not 100% accurate. Yi Jin will officially become a reporter and celebrate this achievement with Hee Do. Hee Do's mom will break her promise and evoke Hee Do's painful past. Ji Woong prepared a performance for Yu Rim,but something unexpected happened.

Lastly let's savor this moment.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, carolinedl said:

@kboramint Interesting... that could be it. But she seems so happy these days...

I was talking about later on. We still haven't reached the timeline when Hee-do and Yoo-Rim are 21. Who knows what might happen then.  

I really don't think it's because of BYJ which I don't think has died. I really believe that Hee-Do's mom did meet with him in 2021. 

• Like 3

Episode 10, rather than being a filler, I think it’s more like the way writer-nim emphasizing the coming-of-age theme. The beach is often connected to portray the youth. Just like what the cast said in their interview. How ppl their age in the story sees beach is different fr the adults. But if we’re hoping for more romance, then yes, it’ll be more like a filler.

However, a good memory doesn’t necessarily meant the ppl involved in the memory will be part of our lives forever. What happened in the past, stay in the past. Be it friendship or romance. That’s why I also agree, for now, let’s just enjoy their close bond in 23-19 to 25-21 era. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Agree. I don't think it's a filler episode. It is important to show the youth part of this youth drama. The budding friendship before they enter the adult world.

Squid game actor (the no. 001 player) once said a very beautiful thing that defines youth and the many beautiful memories we experienced. And i think this is also what the 2521 writer want to convey.

"Big or small, I’ve received a lot of things while living my life. Now, I want to leave behind those things that I’ve received. To put it simply, let’s say you go to a mountain and see a flower. When we’re young, we pick the flower and take it for ourselves. But by the time you reach my age, you leave it there exactly as it is, and you go back to see it again later on. It’s the same with life. Leaving things exactly the way they are."

And it's also the same with memories. You leave it there and you go back to see it again later on.

• Like 8
  • Wiggle 1

i haven't watched ep10 and seems like most chingus didn't really like this episode?

maybe the reason why HD quit/retire from her fencing career in the later years will shed some light?

1 hour ago, banghyeri said:

However, a good memory doesn’t necessarily meant the ppl involved in the memory will be part of our lives forever. What happened in the past, stay in the past. Be it friendship or romance.

i love this statement you made!

na-hee-do-diary-2-1645445038.jpg

cr.: owner

i hope no one dies, it's more like, all of them just went to different colleges pursuing their dreams make new friends and got busy with their adult lives.

• Like 5

i still cannot understand how heedo forget the trip. even if she forget, she got an album that was easily access. not like the album is in the box

so i want to believe that heedo did not want to talk about it with her daughter and perhaps want to keep the memory with her self only

haihh. i really hope that we will have the answer of all the question and the writer not left it hanging

• Like 3

my initial reaction was that ep 10 did not move the plot, but I realized that it made us understand the characters better

we saw yi jin's burden at work, how he is being looked down on. we know that he lost his high school "friends" already, he has heedo (and the gang) but I also feel relieved that he was able to open up to his senior

the struggle of yu rim with her loving parents. i love how her learnings in ep 9 about appreciating her parent's efforts did not make her worries disappear. i was afraid that the drama would just tie that conflict neatly, but the acknowledgement that an idealistic outlook does not solve the actual problem made me trust the writer

seung wan's boredom, I sympathize with. i hope she finds a reason to live somehow and be free. it could be a lifelong disease that never leaves

ji woong's home struggle is really heartbreaking, because we saw how much of a charmer he is. the fact that he could not connect to his mom and comfort them both is so painful

and of course hee do missing her dad. this is personal as I realized that I have been avoiding talking about my dad too, and my mom must be struggling because only the two of us knows him best

I also think the messages at the beginning and ending were both powerful

moments are fleeting. I found the anxieties of the fandom about this funny. we all know it's real, but most people are afraid of it and are unconciously rejecting it by trying to put reasons to it (amnesia, death, bad break up, traumatic incident), but the reality is, that is simply that. that's why hee do was made to say, it's not always a bad thing. writernim knew that we are scared of losing parts of ourselves even if we do it everyday

let the people we love know that they are loved. hee do had been anxious and insecure for several episodes now, she feels small against yi jin and she worries about the label of their relationship. yi jin's I love you is not just a confession, but an assurance to hee do. it was not yi jin needing to let his overflowing feelings show or seeking reciprocation, it was to let hee do know that she is wonderful for him and that she did not worry about her shortcomings, because somebody saw them and still loved her inspite of them. when she was afraid that the label of their relationship is much heavier for her, that yi jin views it as just a petty connection to a child, when she had to hide behind "rainbow", he gave her a more overwhelming answer: love, which hee do admits is something even she could not comprehend yet. I love what hee do wrote in her diary after that, it was not that she has butterflies or that her heart is pounding really fast, but instead that she felt stronger, she can befriend anyone, she can do anything.

(it made me think back of the older dramas where there is noble idiocy or where main leads hide their feelings even if it causes hurt: they did not feel love, they had infatuation that is smaller than their pride.)

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

The battle for weekend drama ratings is getting fierce!

On March 13, viewership ratings for tvN’s “Twenty Five, Twenty One” climbed back up to the show’s all-time high from last week. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 10.9 percent, matching its personal record from last Sunday and taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels.

“Twenty Five, Twenty One” also took first place in its time slot across all channels—including public broadcast networks—among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned a nationwide average of 6.2 perce

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/twenty-five-twenty-one-ratings-return-to-all-time-high-as-love-ft-marriage-and-divorce-3-continues-to-rise/#ixzz7NTdyOSnY

• Like 1