[Drama 2022] Reborn Rich / 재벌집 막내아들

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, maribella said:

he had become DJ to me. He died as DJ.

For me too...

I will remember Reborn rich for the chemistry and bond Do jun and his  granfather had...if this kdrama has any worth to watch it, its because  of this and Lee sungmin's outstanding performance and his character... but im sad  they ended it this way...

• Like 1

aaf5bd57c09e35b68aa66b84367dcf602529fd2c

Spoiler

168fed5b01a986e42ba4cc0b2c08d6a34f5dddfb

ad554b5c73f67328366b35a4244ac1e24d907405.jpg

cac7c3e81d5e6796f162e20ec97dfbd7ee9ecccb

2nd highest rated drama in history AND a girlfriend AND he beat dispatch to it. :partyblob:

People seem to be split on reborn rich’s finale but for me, i enjoyed most of it and i liked the overall ending and message. 

reborn rich never was a true fantasy time-travel drama. it was a story about hyun woo’s repentance and how he had to fix the wrongs of greed that he was involved in. do joon was always destined to die and while it hurts that he did since we spent SO much time with him, that was his fate. his death and it's retribution was the eventual catalyst to soonyang’s demise. with him in the picture, soonyang would have stayed in the family, but to truly break the chain, he had to be gone. i just wish the drama had stretched this final plot into two episodes rather than one but it’s poetic imo. 

for me also reborn rich was about hyun woo learning from jin yang chul about what really was the foundation of the company and to see how things had spiraled so out of control. if hyun woo had never lived as do joon, he would have never gotten the tools to bring to an end the present-soonyang. in a way, he fulfilled yang chul’s final wishes also of the company NOT going into the hands of the siblings.  

there are things i wish they’d done differently - i wish minyoung was written more like episode 16 minyoung and we had gotten more of a SOLID romance because the entire story is heartbreaking of her mourning do joon for so long but since it was poorly written it all felt so eh. i also wish we had seen yang chul again, because for me, he was the CORE of the drama. his presence was just electric and i would’ve loved a final scene with hyun woo sort of acknowledging that he had in a way taken soonyang from grandpa but not in the way he originally wanted to. i also think the family letting go of soonyang was done so quickly it was like, really? these mfs who fought like animals for the company would just back away with no fight? it was all tied together a bit too neatly. 

all in all though, i think it was a very solid revenge drama, but also more a drama about familial trauma and human greed. all the characters had their own greed, and it became their downfall. where there is money, human beings will just naturally go to it, and do whatever they can to achieve it. and if the drama showed anything, it was that karma always comes back in its own way. def worth a watch for those who haven’t checked it out. i will always remember it though as a drama about jin yang chul and his youngest grandson who most closely resembled him, jin do jun. 

reblogged this from captainjoongki

• Like 7

• gm4queen changed the title to [Drama 2022] Reborn Rich / 재벌집 막내아들
5 hours ago, Jean Chua said:

Sharing my thoughts on your questions: 

1. They are definitely meant to look different. In drama world, a pair of spectacles can change a person’s looks completely!

2. That’s selective memory for you. Guess the incident was too traumatic for HW that he pushed it to the back of his head and only recalled after living through it again.

3. This is my bugbear too. After thinking it a bit more, I’m going to explain that it was Mr Kim who recorded the call as insurance against Jin Young Ki and HW somehow came across it in the course of working with Mr Kim and then kept it for his own insurance. 

4. It’s implied to be SJ in my view, but it could well be his wife too since the money went to her cousin in the end.

5. HW is bright! He was supposed to go to college but couldn’t as he had to work for money. 

6. That’s the problem with time travel stories - they will never make sense. I’m going to go with HW actually living as DJ in the first timeline but don’t ask me what happened to the real DJ and how a future HW can travel back and “possess” DJ.

7. The straw that broke the camel’s back?

8. HW has 20 years of experience working in SY after all, plus his intelligence, that should count for something. His salary at Miracle might have paid for the car? 

Mr Ha is the real MVP in this! Two accidents and still alive! :D 

I like how it ended, with HW seeming to understand that he should not try to pursue the lost love cos it’s just not the same. I would hope they move on and find new love interests separately.

I don’t think he covered for the death. It seemed he genuinely thought nobody in the family would be able to do something that horrible to his son. He looked horrified when it was revealed that Jin Young Ki was behind the whole thing.

1) just spectacles aren't enough to differentiate, if people have same faces the resemblance stays regardless of glasses. The drama should have clarified atleast about their faces being different and that they made them same from male lead's perspective. 

2) i am not sure because in new life hyeon wu remembers every tiny bitsy event from past, and 70pc of those are linked with soonyang and then he doesn't remember that he was with dojun there. And he hasn't suppressed the memory because if we see after working with soonyang for years he is able to rent out a nice apartment, he knew the call recording, that God knows how he even recorded in 1st place, was an important weapon against soonyang so he kept it hidden in pot. It's not that he suddenly got an apartment when started working at Soonyang, he obviously moved up over years to get a nice place and that would be maybe 5-6 years back, he knows that plant's significance so noway he doesn't remember. Also if we see it is Dojun's death that gets a high school graduate a job in soonyang, so noway he could forget it during his daily suffering filled days at Soonyang how he got in as he is always reminded of his education. Infact, hyeon wu when he woke up in dojun's body should have instantly known the reason behind this change is linked with his involvement in murder but no, he remembers even days when Hyeon wu sneezed but can't recall this event. My point here is that even if in his real life Hyeon wu had brushed aside Dojun's death, because he was so lost on his own life and miseries, but when he wakes up as dojun it wasn't hard for him to instantly connect dots. Hyeon wu despite all his hard times has to be a heartless person to not feel any guilt towards dojun in all those 17-18 years since the accident.

6) by that I meant, drama spent a lot of time in a spectacularly planned out take over,but when it happens hyeon wu seems like doing few things and everything major happens. A spectacular buildup with a lukewarm ending felt bit disappointing because as viewer one becomes so engrossed in the flow of the show.

There is one question if anyone understands, when seong jun's wife tells him he is not attending hearing why he goes against her?

1 hour ago, Shimmery-summer said:

1) just spectacles aren't enough to differentiate, if people have same faces the resemblance stays regardless of glasses. The drama should have clarified atleast about their faces being different and that they made them same from male lead's perspective. 

I think they tried? When the family and MY didn’t say anything after meeting HW, it was enough for me that HW and DJ were meant to look different. 

Infact, hyeon wu when he woke up in dojun's body should have instantly known the reason behind this change is linked with his involvement in murder

Long answer to this is that HW did try to recall who this 4-2 is and how he died but some ringing noise prohibited him from recalling further so I took that to mean his conscience was trying to keep him from remembering something so traumatic until the time is right (or when the mind feels the body can take the shock). You see this in action when HW in DJ only recalled that DJ had died when he was in the first accident. That’s like a trigger that recalled some suppressed memories. Put it this way, if you had asked the HW in Turkey whether he knows DJ, he would be able to say yes (for all the reasons you listed). But HW in DJ? Everytime he tried to remember, that piece of memory was blocked. Being human, he also went for the natural instinct that he was in DJ’s body to right a wrong done to himself, so his mind conveniently didn’t search for that memory that would have told him he had been the unintended accomplice of DJ’s death. 

Short answer? The plot requires HW to remember everything except DJ’s death until the climax so it had to go this way. 

when seong jun's wife tells him he is not attending hearing why he goes against her?

That’s just male ego imo. Wife wanted him to listen to her but SJ was sick and tired of being puppet. And of cos, the plot needs him there! :D 

All in all, I like the drama version more because it stays true to the premise that history can’t be changed. It is also clever to make us think this was a story about DJ when it’s about HW right from the start (which is quite different from the novel which allowed history to change and was a story more about DJ than HW). 

Edited by Jean Chua

After following the recap and listening to friends watching this drama, finally I've forced myself watching only the last episode. 

I like the ending with the Soon Yang company but it feels like unsatisfied with JDJ n YHW ending. YHM never share with anybody his 17 years life as JDJ. He might feel not ready to began again with SMY. But.. She has been mourning for so long, she deserves a second chance with the same soul she was in love with. Isnt it a bonus?! 

The ending scene's fashion style of YHW with slightly oversize pants might be referred to his age. But, he still young.. They said man start life at 40.

I dont know when will I start watching from episode 1 til 15. Time will tell. 

• Like 2

Reborn Rich ending explained as fans compare K-drama & webtoon’s finale

K-drama Reborn Rich aired its final episode 16 on December 25 and fans were left with more questions than answers. The last two episodes of the popular K-drama deviated from the main webtoon/ novel’s conclusion and here’s the ending of Reborn Rich explained.

Starring South Korea’s top actor Song Joong Ki, JTBC’s Reborn Rich made K-drama history garnering epic viewership and becoming the most-watched drama in the home country. Over five episodes of the drama crossed 20%+ viewership in the Nielsen Korea chart which very few dramas over the years have been able to get.

After a legendary run, the drama aired an open ending prompting mixed reactions from the viewers.

K-drama Reborn Rich ending explained

The ending of Reborn Rich is making all the buzz as it differs quite a bit from the webtoon one. Before we take a look at the webtoon’s ending, let’s quickly recap what happens in the episode 16 finale.

In episode 16 of Reborn Rich, viewers watch Hyun Woo (Dojun’s first self) wake up in a hospital as he finds out that he was saved after getting shot in the head and thrown off the cliff.

So as per Hyun Woo’s story, he was unconscious for an entire week and has lived as Do Jun for seventeen years.

Hyun Woo asks himself, why the universe made him live as Do Jun, the youngest grandson of Soonyang.

The answer comes easily to viewers. Hyun Woo had to live Do Jun’s short-lived life because he was the accomplice in the latter’s murder. So years later when he was also attacked by the same Soonyang family, the Universe gave him a chance at repentance by making him live as Do Jun.

Hyun Woo/ Do Jun’s revenge

The main plot of Reborn Rich was revenge but the arc of revenge changed dramatically in the last two episodes of the K-drama. Initially, when Hyun Woo woke up as Do Jun and was living his life, he wanted to take revenge for his past life (Hyun Woo).

But as nobody can change the major incidents and Do Jun had to die as well, Hyun Woo woke up and chose to take revenge for Do Jun’s death as well as put an end to the corrupt powerplay of the Soonyang family who has been the culprit for Do Jun and Hyun Woo’s unfortunate fate.

Hyun Woo and Min Young

Do Jun and Min Young’s love story also end on an open note as Min Young is still mourning the former. The grim reaper of Soonyang saved Hyun Woo and helped him win the case against the family, getting justice for Do Jun’s death which was a direct order from the oldest son of Jin Yang Cheol, Young Ki.

Twenty years after Do Jun’s death, Min Young found peace when Hyun Woo helped her get justice. But even with Do Jun’s memory intact, Hyun Woo does not directly pursue Min Young, rather repeats the same line that he had once said as Do Jun.

Our lead couple stares at Seo Taji at the same place where once Do Jun and Min Young had shared a kiss. While the ending did not show anything starting between the two, viewers can hope that fate will keep bringing Min Young and Hyun woo together, and eventually, they will find their way to each other.

Hyun Woo’s future

Hyun Woo has lived as Do Jun for seventeen years and now he knows what he wants to do in the future. In episode 16, Hyun Woo joins Miracle Investment. With the help of deputy Oh, Hyun Woo puts an end to the management rights solely owned by the Soonyang family who has caused enough bloodbaths to ensure their positions remain at the top.

While Do Jun, the young and bright grandson of Soonyang dies, Hyun Woo takes the lifelong lesson of living as Do Jun to be his guiding light in the future.

Reborn Rich webtoon ending and how it differs from the drama

The ending of the webtoon and novel is fairly different from the drama. In the novel, Do Jun mourns the death of his previous self Hyun Woo and takes his revenge against Soonyang, fair and square.

He leads the Soonyang group and even marries Min Young. In the last scene, Do Jun visits where Hyun Woo’s life ended to pay respect to his previous life.

K-drama & webtoon’s finale

Arpita Adhya
20 minutes ago

K-drama Reborn Rich aired its final episode 16 on December 25 and fans were left with more questions than answers. The last two episodes of the popular K-drama deviated from the main webtoon/ novel’s conclusion and here’s the ending of Reborn Rich explained.

Starring South Korea’s top actor Song Joong Ki, JTBC’s Reborn Rich made K-drama history garnering epic viewership and becoming the most-watched drama in the home country. Over five episodes of the drama crossed 20%+ viewership in the Nielsen Korea chart which very few dramas over the years have been able to get.

After a legendary run, the drama aired an open ending prompting mixed reactions from the viewers.

Spoiler

Song Joong Ki as Hyun Woo in Reborn Rich ending episode

Reborn Rich ending episode/ JTBC Drama YouTube

K-drama Reborn Rich ending explained

The ending of Reborn Rich is making all the buzz as it differs quite a bit from the webtoon one. Before we take a look at the webtoon’s ending, let’s quickly recap what happens in the episode 16 finale.

In episode 16 of Reborn Rich, viewers watch Hyun Woo (Dojun’s first self) wake up in a hospital as he finds out that he was saved after getting shot in the head and thrown off the cliff.

So as per Hyun Woo’s story, he was unconscious for an entire week and has lived as Do Jun for seventeen years.

Hyun Woo asks himself, why the universe made him live as Do Jun, the youngest grandson of Soonyang.

The answer comes easily to viewers. Hyun Woo had to live Do Jun’s short-lived life because he was the accomplice in the latter’s murder. So years later when he was also attacked by the same Soonyang family, the Universe gave him a chance at repentance by making him live as Do Jun.

Hyun Woo/ Do Jun’s revenge

The main plot of Reborn Rich was revenge but the arc of revenge changed dramatically in the last two episodes of the K-drama. Initially, when Hyun Woo woke up as Do Jun and was living his life, he wanted to take revenge for his past life (Hyun Woo).

But as nobody can change the major incidents and Do Jun had to die as well, Hyun Woo woke up and chose to take revenge for Do Jun’s death as well as put an end to the corrupt powerplay of the Soonyang family who has been the culprit for Do Jun and Hyun Woo’s unfortunate fate.

View Tweet

Hyun Woo and Min Young

Do Jun and Min Young’s love story also end on an open note as Min Young is still mourning the former. The grim reaper of Soonyang saved Hyun Woo and helped him win the case against the family, getting justice for Do Jun’s death which was a direct order from the oldest son of Jin Yang Cheol, Young Ki.

Twenty years after Do Jun’s death, Min Young found peace when Hyun Woo helped her get justice. But even with Do Jun’s memory intact, Hyun Woo does not directly pursue Min Young, rather repeats the same line that he had once said as Do Jun.

Our lead couple stares at Seo Taji at the same place where once Do Jun and Min Young had shared a kiss. While the ending did not show anything starting between the two, viewers can hope that fate will keep bringing Min Young and Hyun woo together, and eventually, they will find their way to each other.

View Tweet

Hyun Woo’s future

Hyun Woo has lived as Do Jun for seventeen years and now he knows what he wants to do in the future. In episode 16, Hyun Woo joins Miracle Investment. With the help of deputy Oh, Hyun Woo puts an end to the management rights solely owned by the Soonyang family who has caused enough bloodbaths to ensure their positions remain at the top.

While Do Jun, the young and bright grandson of Soonyang dies, Hyun Woo takes the lifelong lesson of living as Do Jun to be his guiding light in the future.

View Tweet

Reborn Rich webtoon ending and how it differs from the drama

The ending of the webtoon and novel is fairly different from the drama. In the novel, Do Jun mourns the death of his previous self Hyun Woo and takes his revenge against Soonyang, fair and square.

He leads the Soonyang group and even marries Min Young. In the last scene, Do Jun visits where Hyun Woo’s life ended to pay respect to his previous life.

View Tweet

Fans react to Reborn Rich finale

Reborn Rich finale has sparked mixed reactions from fans as many were rooting for Do Jun’s happy ending with Min Young and his succession as the youngest chairman of the Soonyang group.

So the ending was welcome by some while others demanded justice for Do Jun.

One such fan mourned, “I personally can’t accept Hyunwoo and Min Yeong being endgame. It should have been Do Jun with his happy ending. Do Jun should have been the one to personally finish Soonyang.”

Review

From a brief lesson on South Korean modern history to a complicated story of identities in a world where money rules, Reborn Rich has delivered a stellar plot managing to bring out the complexities of life to perfection.

Reborn Rich transcended beyond the realms of period drama and made the viewers live a parallel life of Do Jun and Hyun Woo, the conflicting stories of their different identities, and ultimately see a winner who can restore justice against corruption.

Along with its strong plot, Song Joong Ki, Lee Sung Min, and the rest of the cast portray the characters to perfection making it a really enriching watch.

History buffs to philomaths, Reborn Rich will not disappoint those who crave a complex plot with a deeper meaning and we say, it goes in the must-watch list of K-dramas.

For more K-drama updates, follow @HITCKpop.

By arpita.adhya@grv.media

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/12/26/reborn-rich-ending-explained-as-fans-compare-k-drama-webtoons-finale/

ONE MORE ARTICLE

“Reborn Rich” started well but ended with a bad ending, viewers react “We trusted the writer too much”

Viewers poured out disappointment over the unreasonable ending of “Reborn Rich”.

The ending, which was highly anticipated, eventually ruined the previous 15 episodes. “Reborn Rich” faced the same result as MBC’s “Big Mouth”, which was criticized for being too greedy. 

n the last episode of “Reborn Rich”, which aired on December 25th, Yoon Hyun Woo (Song Joong Ki) returned to reality after dying as Jin Do Joon and took away Sunyang management rights from Sunyang brothers. Being scouted by CEO Oh (Park Hyuk Kwon) Hyun Woo then joined Miracle Investment and ended up being portrayed as the main character in chaebol reform.

Spoiler

reborn rich

Episode 16, which was extended by 30 minutes for PPL, received criticism due to its absurd development and ending that couldn’t meet viewers’ expectations. Around 70% of the audience disagreed with how “Reborn Rich” ended. Contrary to viewers’ desire for a satisfying revenge planned by the male lead in his second life, the drama wrapped with an open ending. Some even complained that the writer should have jumped from episode 1 to episode 16 and turned the drama into a two-part series.

Spoiler

Reborn Rich

The fact that the original work was so well-received, the writer of the drama version was stuck. She had to show her imagination and made changes to the story to somehow surpass the original work and come up with a wonderful ending that viewers would remember for a long time. However, the audience had started to worry about the ending ever since Do Joon proposed to Min Young (Shin Hyun Been) in episode 15 by predicting the silver medal of weightlifter Jang Mi Ran.

Spoiler

Shin Hyun Bin Reborn Rich

Apart from the dump truck accident scene that was used twice, the line “What will happen happens anyway” was emphasized several times and led to the fact that Jin Do Joon dies in vain and Yoon Hyun Woo returns to the reality of 20 years later. That’s where the writer’s reckless decision began. Viewers’ interest in Hyun Woo suddenly halved as details were inconsistent and not properly covered. 

Reborn rich song joong ki thumbnail

Hyun Woo, who was shot in the head, wakes up after a week, and 700 billion won in slush funds, which had been donated, is used by Jin Sung Joon and his wife to increase their stakes in Sunyang C&T. In addition, Hyun Woo has no memory of ‘4-2 Jin Do Joon’ but he was found to be an accomplice in the car accident 20 years ago and even recorded the proof with a 2G phone. The USB, which has been stored in a pot for 20 years, is finally presented as decisive evidence at the hearing to overturn the game. 

song joong ki

Chairman Jin Yang Chul has repeatedly stressed, “Don’t trust anyone”, but viewers seem to have trusted “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” writer too much. As she turned “the youngest son of a Conglomerate” into “the first son of a rice soup store family” and ruined the whole well-made 15 episodes with such a vain ending, what will happen to the stock price of RaemongRaein, the production company of “Reborn Rich”?

Source: Nate

https://kbizoom.com/reborn-rich-started-well-but-ended-with-a-bad-ending/

• Like 1

Seems around 70% of the audience disagreed with how “Reborn Rich” ended...maybe they should have shoot 2 versions of ep 16...in one DJ survives and has a second chance(similar with the novel) and the one they gave us(drama writer idea )...see witch one will be well received by the public or leave the public choose after watching both ...

Personally i feel that the last episode should have been extended into 2... cos there are too many questions unanswered even though I'm the kind of viewers whom don't really think much and goes with the flow of the drama. 

It makes some sense if it's time traveling... HW travels back and become DJ and using his knowledge of the future, he was able to navigate through the times... eg. 911, 1997 financial crisis

But the weird part would be... if in that timeline there are two of him (HW & DJ)... so those overlapping scenes of him(DJ) looking at HW are real (eg. the scene where the drunk drivers punch HW when he is their driver)? then why didn't he help him and the family? And I thought DJ already donated the 700mil so why is there this HW embezzling of money in the "future"? 

If it's not time traveling... and simply just repentance and all that has happened when he is DJ is simply a "dream" and did not happen... HW is just recovering his sealed up memory that he is an accomplice in DJ's death... then that DJ would not have known any knowledge of the future to help him navigate through the different crisis... 

:rubchin:

My brain just can't makes sense of the drama's ending thus was quite unsatisfied... cos if it's time traveling then there is quite a few big loopholes... if it's not time traveling then the whole HW imagining himself as DJ is just a repentance dream makes me feel that all my invested time/feeling have gone to waste. 

I don't know what to feel anymore:notsureifserious:

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, andy78 said:

Seems around 70% of the audience disagreed with how “Reborn Rich” ended...maybe they should have shoot 2 versions of ep 16...in one DJ survives and has a second chance(similar with the novel) and the one they gave us(drama writer idea )...see witch one will be well received by the public or leave the public choose after watching both ...

This is the ridiculous twist to boost ranking and to surprise/ shock the viewers. Six months from now, the gaping plotholes in the last two episodes will be forgotten, what remained is the rating. 

I am sure the novelist would have spent months revising and revising, and the editors would have caught inconsistencies, now the drama writer/ JTBC wanted to give the viewers a twist.

@andy78  The last article was quite humourous, pointing out the 2G recording and "As she turned “the youngest son of a Conglomerate” into “the first son of a rice soup store family”  :Megalol:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, andy78 said:

wow there is even a rumor that  Reborn Rich Will have special Episode...31 th December 2022...

You may get the novel's ending? I don't think  I want anything from this show anymore.  I hope the writer feels miserable for many months.

Repentance? He was HW who worked for SY for 20 years, played out and almost died then he remembered how he got a man killed. He repented, was remorseful and he transmuted, teleported... 

After reading the reviews, I still find the reasoning tenuous. The show Tomorrow used the love and regret of a couple as a powerful force for reincarnation, I enjoyed that very much and great ending too. But I don't think the rating was even half of RR. 
Oh well, it was great while it lasted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maribella said:

I hope the writer feels miserable for many months.

me too...the novel end was better...i liked it more

3 hours ago, maribella said:

then he remembered how he got a man killed.

he should pay for DJ murder by beeing a good son and brother after he was reborn as DJ

Viewers angered over JTBC's 'Reborn Rich' finale

News
Posted by Yaki-Jones 9 hours ago

Viewers angered over JTBC's 'Reborn Rich' finale

AKP STAFF

Viewers are disappointed with JTBC's 'Reborn Rich' series finale.

On December 25th, JTBC's 'Reborn Rich' ended its series with the highest viewership ratings of 26.9%. Shortly after the broadcast, however, many viewers gathered online and shared their disappointments about the grand finale. 

Some of the reactions were: "This is the worst drama written by a narcissistic writer ruining the original."
"I will never watch Kim Tae Hee writer's dramas ever again."
"Can you re-do episode 16 next week with a different ending?"
"I can't believe how badly he ruined the original. It was almost the national drama with such high viewership ratings but the writer had to imbue his own pretentious philosophy at the end smh."
"The ending just ruined the plot. It doesn't make sense with what happened with Jin Do Joon now that the writer changed the ending lol"

"This is what happens when a bad writer thinks he can do better than the original writer smh"

"lmao so all he wanted to say was the rich are evil"

"The writer should apologize to the original web novel writer." 

"At least 'Lovers in Paris' was an original creation. 'Reborn Rich' had the original and yet still managed to write so badly lol"

Jin Yang Cheol's love for Do Jun is unmatched. The way he looked at the camera and said: "Do Jun? He's my grandson. The one that takes after me the most. My grandson."I loved their  relationship so much...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jean Chua said:

I think they tried? When the family and MY didn’t say anything after meeting HW, it was enough for me that HW and DJ were meant to look different. 

Long answer to this is that HW did try to recall who this 4-2 is and how he died but some ringing noise prohibited him from recalling further so I took that to mean his conscience was trying to keep him from remembering something so traumatic until the time is right (or when the mind feels the body can take the shock). You see this in action when HW in DJ only recalled that DJ had died when he was in the first accident. That’s like a trigger that recalled some suppressed memories. Put it this way, if you had asked the HW in Turkey whether he knows DJ, he would be able to say yes (for all the reasons you listed). But HW in DJ? Everytime he tried to remember, that piece of memory was blocked. Being human, he also went for the natural instinct that he was in DJ’s body to right a wrong done to himself, so his mind conveniently didn’t search for that memory that would have told him he had been the unintended accomplice of DJ’s death. 

Short answer? The plot requires HW to remember everything except DJ’s death until the climax so it had to go this way. 

That’s just male ego imo. Wife wanted him to listen to her but SJ was sick and tired of being puppet. And of cos, the plot needs him there! :D 

All in all, I like the drama version more because it stays true to the premise that history can’t be changed. It is also clever to make us think this was a story about DJ when it’s about HW right from the start (which is quite different from the novel which allowed history to change and was a story more about DJ than HW). 

Lets say he doesn't remember dojun as it was basically a week long dream, and as he says it was repentance something so he wasn't made to remember it initially. However, even in his awake state pre-murder attempt he does check dojun's name and still doesn't know even tho he was present at site of murder, he hears chairman's name in the call, however, they could have clarified it with just 1 or 2 dialogues which would be enough, they wasted 1.5 hrs in all episodes but situations that could be solved by just 1 or 2 dialogues they didn't bother with, same is with his same face situation.

I don't believe in repressed memories concept specially in this scenario when his path to soonyang was silence on dojun, above all he was so aware of murder that he kept the call recording in a safest place so he defo knows unless he has alcoholic dementia like dojun's driver.

And there is no way he can get the recording from the secretary, and him recording the calls is a very weird thing. Plus his phone being a basic one.

Regarding seongjun attending the meeting,I had thought there was logical reason why he chooses the hearing so I was curious why he did it. 

All of these things are plotholes and no explanation can defend them, the issue with many korean dramas, whether they start good or bad specially when they are extremely good is, they bring down the quality by these kind of plotholes and unexplained infact ridiculous tracks. I don't know why korean writers don't see these things bring down the image of dramas which is also the reason I have cut down on kdramas and only watch if some show is doing really well and again that low quality plotholes thing happens and ruins entire exprience.

Anyways, thanks for your responses, your posts don't have reaction buttons, I dunno why, so I can't like them.

:omg:This is the worst drama I have ever spent time on with that ending!

It's a nonsensical story...can't even say it is fantasy genre.... Unfortunately,  I am totally unimpressed...

I only give kudos to the acting of the grandpa, he made some scenes pretty nerve-wrecking but one good actor could not make a good drama...  

I will :crazymad: if it can get any award. :crazily:       

Given how crazy popularity can be these days, I guess it would......:omg:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jean Chua said:

So if RR's plot required aliens landing in Gangnam - completely out of the blue - we should say nothing and just come in terms with "the obvious"? The plot is not something that is born of itself. It is created. And if RR's screenwriter decided to go her own way (she thought it would be better, it seems), MORE complicated way, I'd like her work to be well-thought, not half-baked. And, IMO, the screenwriter's storyline is only slightly-baked. Too many unaswered questions, too many times with (really high) suspended belief and some conclusions that are plain stupid and indicates lazy writing.

1 hour ago, Madmolise said:

So if RR's plot required aliens landing in Gangnam - completely out of the blue - we should say nothing and just come in terms with "the obvious"? 

Hahaha…well, maybe not a popular view but if the audience can accept the possibility of time traveling, I don’t see why the audience won’t be able to accept aliens landing in Gangnam (assuming it’s tied to the plot, of cos!) Maybe the screenwriter can say it was the aliens who had the power of time traveling? :D 

But we digress. The point I was trying to make was that the writer did try to provide an explanation of why HW didn’t remember something so important and critical in shaping his career in SY while he was in DJ’s body - an explanation I felt was very plausible given how traumatic the situation was and how a human’s memory often tries to protect the owner (we see that kind of storyline in loads of drama actually). The short answer I gave was an alternative option for viewers who can’t accept the long answer :P 

This is hindsight speaking now, but I think it was a very conscious decision of the team to rename the drama to “Reborn Rich” instead of using the novel name “The Youngest Son of a Conglomerate” because the former puts HW as the lead while the latter puts DJ as the lead. From the moment the screenwriter chose to keep young HW alive after the old HW was reborn into DJ’s body, there was actually no way the ending can be the same anymore.

14 hours ago, maribella said:

I don't think  I want anything from this show anymore.  I hope the writer feels miserable for many months.

I feel the same ...i don't even know why the called the drama ''reborn''rich  ...Essence of Character and story is very important when you make an adaptation of a novel or book ...they ruined it in Game of the thrones  ,later with House of the dragon too, Daemon Targaryen(one of George R. R. Martin‘s favorite characters they insist to make him dark when he is a grey character he has light and darkness,he is villain and hero at the same time ...)   what a mess ...my heart breaks for DJ parents and brother...