[Drama 2022] Reborn Rich / 재벌집 막내아들

Maetawinz

On 12/19/2022 at 12:42 PM, agenth said:

hi, welcome! and great that you join us.

unfortunately I cannot answer all these questions as I had exactly the same ones (see a couple of pages before :D). I think it may either be a Korean thing or a plothole, and this coming from someone with a law background. 

Soonyang Financial Company was supposed to be the holding company (and all other companys below it), so having the shares over this company, would make you be the ultimate owner. 

But please, I hope someone else here has a better answer 

Thanks a lot for your response and for being so kind. Glad someone cared :) To be honest the whole financial part with takeover detaila is very confusing. I wish show writers had explained it a bit so that people not familiar with it would have understood. Yes i hope some knowledgable poster explains it. 

20 hours ago, andy78 said:

i think he was looking for a new master...the first grandson did HUMILIATE him ...Hangjae did helped grandad build the company...the first grandson could have use that to his advantage ...then he witnessed DJ next move...and chose just like the driver did when he saved DJ life that day and became his trusted man ...DJ sent him to protect the woman he loves and nobody else

DJ told grandad he'll buy the company using his money...he'll use MIRACLE for that not that dirty money...you know in the novel he builds a company bigger than his grandad ...i'm sure we'll see that here too

Am I the only one who thought Mr Lee had faked working with SJ? Cos JYC said in his video will that he wanted to see how DJ react when he’s rock bottom? I totally thought Mr Lee was helping JYC fulfill his wishes >.<

8 minutes ago, Jean Chua said:

Am I the only one who thought Mr Lee had faked working with SJ?

Maybe...could be another test for DJ ...

One more thing...some people think that the one who killed HW is the real DJ that he faked his death or was in coma and wakes up earlier or in 2022...the one that killed DJ is the one that needed him to be dead the most:Jin Do jun the paper company real owner...he may be the one who ordered Hyunwoo's assassination. It's possible that Assistant Manager Shin Gyeong-min  actually works for him...that did not happened in the novel but who knows what is in the drama writer mind?

• Like 1

I thought it’ll be DJ too, cos he knows he needs to kill himself so he can be reincarnated rich (if HW doesn’t die, there’s no story anymore right? :D) 

And think about it, HW was close to 40 when he reincarnated into a 10 year old DJ. In 2022 when DJ is supposed to be 46 (since he’s 20 in 1996), he would actually be a 76 year old soul cos he lived through another 30+ years right?

2 hours ago, Jean Chua said:

And think about it, HW was close to 40 when he reincarnated into a 10 year old DJ. In 2022 when DJ is supposed to be 46 (since he’s 20 in 1996), he would actually be a 76 year old soul cos he lived through another 30+ years right?

he always thinks like a 40 years old adult...he had an adult brain since he was 10...that made him special...grandad must have thought he is a prodigy child with a very high intelligence quotient ...a genius... HW was but had to give up on going to College even if he was a good student ...that would have increased job opportunities...he went to the best collage ...he was the first in his class...good marks ...grandad was so happy and proud...an A student...not a C like first grandson was

2 hours ago, Jean Chua said:

thought it’ll be DJ

we  know nothing about the real DJ...Who he was ,what kind a man he was ...maybe that's why prosecutor SEO hates the company so much...she must have thought he chose it over her...or that he changed because he wanted the company...even lost his life in the fight

• Like 1

They need to clear the air on the final two episodes and I am fine with DJ ending up with someone new or the prosecutor dishtowel.  Just bring it home and tell us who killed HW and what happened to DJ in the 1st timeline and this one.  Land this plane smoothly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

we  know nothing about the real DJ...Who he was ,what kind a man he was ...maybe that's why prosecutor SEO hates the company so much...she must have thought he chose it over her...or that he changed because he wanted the company...even lost his life in the fight

Did the novel mention anything about DJ in the first timeline? I kinda get the sense that DJ in the first timeline had been HW since DJ was 10 years old, which means HW in DJ was the cause of everything we saw in ep 1.

Show has already shown that HW can’t change history so my guess is that DJ had faked his death for the last 5 (or whenever since HW joined SY) years, which explains why HW thought DJ was dead.

If first uncle was the one who ordered the hit in the novel but was hospitalized in the drama, does it mean the hospitalization part was not in the novel? If so, I’m all the more convinced that drama version will reveal DJ as the culprit to show his conscious choice to remain as DJ instead of HW. Can’t wait to see what happens next!!

5 hours ago, Jean Chua said:

Am I the only one who thought Mr Lee had faked working with SJ? Cos JYC said in his video will that he wanted to see how DJ react when he’s rock bottom? I totally thought Mr Lee was helping JYC fulfill his wishes >.<

Yes it seems so as when sj exits room mr lee starts crying.

----------‐----

Anyways, on drama I saw ep 14 and I am more confused about whole financial battle than before.

Why was Dojun asking 2nd uncle about slush fund money like he wanted uncle to pay him in that way or what. And what was the purpose.

Then,mr Oh tells Dojun that we have 10billion won in slush funds because of Dong Ki's daughter, I mean what does it mea  how does this money becomes mr. Oh's and Do jun's that he uses 'we'.

Also it's not shown how much money was left behind by grandpa in slush fund. In 1st episode it was about 600 million dollars if I am not wrong, it's a very small amount for this kind of conglomerate. Also now that Sonnyang is breaking into many parts I don't see why Dojun still wants to take over, which company now is going to be centre of Soonyang and the whole succession thing. I mean anyone gets up and starts making affiliates etc independant in this drama, then what is it that they are fighting to take over and is there even any benefit to becoming Chairman? Instead why not work and grow your own companies you are running into conglomerates.

1 hour ago, Jean Chua said:

Did the novel mention anything about DJ in the first timeline? I kinda get the sense that DJ in the first timeline had been HW since DJ was 10 years old, which means HW in DJ was the cause of everything we saw in ep 1.

Show has already shown that HW can’t change history so my guess is that DJ had faked his death for the last 5 (or whenever since HW joined SY) years, which explains why HW thought DJ was dead.

If first uncle was the one who ordered the hit in the novel but was hospitalized in the drama, does it mean the hospitalization part was not in the novel? If so, I’m all the more convinced that drama version will reveal DJ as the culprit to show his conscious choice to remain as DJ instead of HW. Can’t wait to see what happens next!!

HW does not exist in the second life...only DJ ...that familly has a daughter...drama has some changes...grandad got a brain surgery and lived longer...he did not forget things in the novel ...

• Like 2

Omg I cried a bucket at the grandfather's last video to DJ. Grandfather look so proud and happy that DJ is his grandson. You can really see the love he have for him through the video.

Anyway, I really do wonder where Mr Lee's loyalty lies... if he stand by DJ, will news of his embezzling affects DJ? Ps. I'm really liking 2nd uncle's daughter. 

About the romance part... I'm not really feeling it at all... Even if DJ is single till the end of show or change another its okey tooo~ 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nitepolaris said:

About the romance part... I'm not really feeling it at all... Even if DJ is single till the end of show or change another its okey too

Dont worry the relationship in the  novel is rarely shown... since author's focus is on investing...Both  are workaholic...her family is the family of law...It's her family tradition to pass some law exam before graduation(IN THE DRAMA TOO) They date  once a month....He introduces Seo Min-young to his family at his graduation day...His family treat Seo Min-young well ...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jean Chua said:

I thought it’ll be DJ too, cos he knows he needs to kill himself so he can be reincarnated rich (if HW doesn’t die, there’s no story anymore right? :D) 

Agree. Killing himself is the way to go: he knows it will happen anyway. And if he's the one doing it, he will make sure to take the money from the slush fund. If he's not the one to take action, it will be one of his cousins/uncles...Plus, it's super dramatic, so in my opinion that's what is going to happen.

• Like 2

I liked the farewell of chairman jin...The ruthless chairman of a big conglomerate who puts everything 2nd before the interests of his company turning into an affectionate and prideful gandfather.

I think Mr.Lee was a loyal employee like HW who went ahead and cast himself as an embezzler.He belived in his boss's idea to leave Soonyang with a worthy leader at the helm.

It is great to see the economic success of Korea through the series but the employer employee relationship stuck in the medival master servant relationship sticks out as a sore thumb.

One hopes the aspect of labour rights and benefits in S.K is at par with the rest of the world and it also gets a reflection.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

Agree. Killing himself is the way to go: he knows it will happen anyway. And if he's the one doing it, he will make sure to take the money from the slush fund. If he's not the one to take action, it will be one of his cousins/uncles...Plus, it's super dramatic, so in my opinion that's what is going to happen.

That would be a terrible idea and deviate far too much from the novel's ending. Also, seemed way too bog down because some events can't be changed when they have. First, DJ dies in the accident in the first timeline but this time, because of HW influences the driver's allegiance, "DJ" lives.  He also changed HW life in this new timeline since the father is no longer unemployed; thus, no need for him to quit school and get a job as a contractor. So, we do not know if he will end up Soonyang or climb the ranks the same way he had.  We are still in 2002, mind you, which is when HW joined the company.  We would have gotten a glimpse of that. Episode 14 was when he officially accepts that he is DJ. Having him died to return to his old body would lead to nowhere.  How would he take the company? With the slush fund? A fund that is tainted and could land him to jail?   

• Like 3

16 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

I think Mr.Lee was a loyal employee like HW who went ahead and cast himself as an embezzler.He belived in his boss's idea to leave Soonyang with a worthy leader at the helm.

i think you might be right ...he did started to cry after that jerk left the room...and then got played  by him later only to confirm his boss was right about DJ ...he will do it again to protect DJ this time and take all the blame...if  DJ does what we all hope and use his own money not grandad's

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

Yes it seems so as when sj exits room mr lee starts crying.

----------‐----

Anyways, on drama I saw ep 14 and I am more confused about whole financial battle than before.

Why was Dojun asking 2nd uncle about slush fund money like he wanted uncle to pay him in that way or what. And what was the purpose.

Then,mr Oh tells Dojun that we have 10billion won in slush funds because of Dong Ki's daughter, I mean what does it mea  how does this money becomes mr. Oh's and Do jun's that he uses 'we'.

Also it's not shown how much money was left behind by grandpa in slush fund. In 1st episode it was about 600 million dollars if I am not wrong, it's a very small amount for this kind of conglomerate. Also now that Sonnyang is breaking into many parts I don't see why Dojun still wants to take over, which company now is going to be centre of Soonyang and the whole succession thing. I mean anyone gets up and starts making affiliates etc independant in this drama, then what is it that they are fighting to take over and is there even any benefit to becoming Chairman? Instead why not work and grow your own companies you are running into conglomerates.

They failed to break it apart because Dong Ki did not secure the credit card company, although it would be easier for DJ to buy up the shares at that point. As for the first parts, those are setups that would be answered in episode 15, so be patient.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, andy78 said:

Maybe...could be another test for DJ ...

One more thing...some people think that the one who killed HW is the real DJ that he faked his death or was in coma and wakes up earlier or in 2022...the one that killed DJ is the one that needed him to be dead the most:Jin Do jun the paper company real owner...he may be the one who ordered Hyunwoo's assassination. It's possible that Assistant Manager Shin Gyeong-min  actually works for him...that did not happened in the novel but who knows what is in the drama writer mind?

DJ and HW exist in the same time and place in two parallel or inverted worlds - from episode 14. The timelines of their worlds do not match.  That is HW waking up 20 years earlier in DJ's world.

Now HW is DJ. It looks as if they can only exist as one person in each world. For DJ to kill HW, directly or indirectly, both should be able to exist in the same world.  DJ and others have no memory of HW, maybe he took over from LHG who was doing HW's work. But DG and HW have the same face?

Here We Go Smh GIF by Gerbert!

I am using some rules which are not valid in kdrama and can also change from one episode to another. 

:Megalol:

15 minutes ago, ValentineJ said:

Having him died to return to his old body would lead to nowhere.  How would he take the company? With the slush fund? A fund that is tainted and could land him to jail?   

Even if he did kill himself, he cannot control whether he went back to be HW or at what age. 
I agree, it's too farfetch. But I was mindboggled many times by kdramas. I am ready. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ValentineJ said:

First, DJ dies in the accident in the first timeline but this time, because of HW influences the driver's allegiance, "DJ" lives.  

I don’t think the drama specified that DJ died in the accident in the first timeline though. All that was showed was HW in DJ realizing when he was near death that he didn’t have any info about 4-2 because DJ was dead by the time HW started working in SY. For all we know, the accident that 4-alpha was referring to could be another accident that took place later.

2 hours ago, maribella said:

But DG and HW have the same face?

Even if he did kill himself, he cannot control whether he went back to be HW or at what age. 
I agree, it's too farfetch. But I was mindboggled many times by kdramas. I am ready. 

I guess it’s just the show’s way of telling us HW is now in DJ’s body. Don’t think viewers are supposed to think that HW and DJ look the same.

HW in DJ has to kill HW so that the reincarnation take place. He killed his old self so he could remain as DJ. Else HW merely continues to be a poor servant as per old timeline. Well, that’s my guess anyway :)

1 hour ago, Jean Chua said:

in DJ has to kill HW so that the reincarnation take place. He killed his old self so he could remain as DJ. Else HW merely continues to be a poor servant as per old timeline. Well, that’s my guess anyway :)

That was my bugbear in the beginning, what happened to DJ's soul because he was a boy, not a newly-born infant. It feels like killing a person to me.:cry:

I think there have been many of this kind of replacements without being totally concerned about the original owner of the body. The Scarlett something with IU and LJK, Dr Jin, I think and a few others. 

As I have said earlier, I am ready to be fooled. Just 2 more episodes.

• Like 3

Song Joong Ki’s ‘Reborn Rich’ to Delay Broadcast of Last Two Episodes—Here’s Why

Song Joong Ki's drama "Reborn Rich" will have a minor delay in the broadcast of the show's last two episodes.

While viewers are looking forward to the much-awaited finale of the hit revenge series, JTBC confirmed that episodes 15 and 16 will have a new schedule.

In a report obtained by a media outlet, the broadcast network cited that "Reborn Rich" episode 15 will air on December 24 instead of its original broadcast date of December 23.

As for "Reborn Rich" episode 16, the finale episode will be broadcast on December 25th.

According to the report, the minor changes were " to fit the corporate power struggle drama into a six-week schedule."

Meanwhile, this is not the first time that the series delayed its broadcast. To recall, the December 2 broadcast of "Reborn Rich" was postponed to give way to the upcoming World Cup match against Portugal.

Instead, the JTBC released a rerun on the same day before returning with its new episode on December 3.

Released on November 18, the web novel-based K-drama has a total of 16 episodes airing thrice a week - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 10:30 p.m. KST.

'Reborn Rich' Viewership & What to Expect in the Upcoming Finale

Following the release of its latest episode, "Reborn Rich" episode 14 hit a massive achievement after beating "SKY Castle" in viewership rating.

In a report, Song Joong Ki's drama rose to 24.93 percent for its nationwide average viewership, marking the show's highest rating yet for the entire run.

Interestingly, the fourteenth episode surpasses the reign of "SKY Castle" as the second-highest ratings in cable TV history.

With the "Reborn Rich" new achievement, people are curious if Song Joong Ki's drama will beat the reigning top highest-rated drama in cable TV history which is "The World of the Married" starring Kim Hee Ae, Park Hae Joon and Han So Hee.

As for the drama's finale, viewers are torn as to whether the series will have a different ending from the original.

Since "Reborn Rich" is based on the web novel "The Youngest Son of a Conglomerate," the original depicts Jin Do Joon visiting the place where Yoon Hyun Woo was killed showing how he succeeded in his revenge.

However, viewers are wondering if the show will illustrate a different ending than the original.

Meanwhile, others believe that the finale episode will feature Jin Do Joon's death and will not avoid his tragic fate.

In the drama, Song Joong Ki plays the dual role of Yoon Hyun Woo, a Sunyang employee who was killed and framed for embezzlement but was reborn as Jin Do Joon the third-generation chaebol.

He becomes the youngest grandson of Sunyang's founder Jin Yang Chul, played by Lee Sung Min.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/127810/20221220/song-joong-ki-reborn-rich-delay-broadcast-last-two-episode-why.htm

• Like 2