[Drama 2022] Reborn Rich / 재벌집 막내아들

Maetawinz

It was traumatic to see how something so good could turn into something so f***ed up in such a short time :P

But I love thrillers, criminal series and even horror stories, so I don't mind if somebody is being killed every 10 minutes :P Moreover, when it comes to fight over power and (very big) money, it's "a must" that somebody would die.

23 hours ago, Madmolise said:

It was traumatic to see how something so good could turn into something so f***ed up in such a short time 

:DGOOD POINT!!!Today is friday...i feel sad there is no more Reborn rich ep...i wish for a new version of ep 16...i know is just a dream...i still can't react to your posts  @Madmolise

i understand your trauma like feeling @Shimmery-summer...

i still think the switching back was unnecessary but  drama writer seem to love having plot twist in last ep . Boring...what can i do ?I like the novel end more

• Like 1

Lee Sung Min Reveals What He Wanted to Be in Life If He’ll be Reborn

Lee Sung Min talks about playing the lead role in "Reborn Rich" and his thoughts about his iconic character, Jin Yang Chul.

As Song Joong Ki's drama concluded the season with an unexpected ending and spectacular rating, the veteran actor details his portrayal of his character and thoughts about being reborn.

The award-winning actor appeared in JTBC's "News Room" and revealed factors that he had to consider playing the role of Jin Yang Chul.

Lee Sung Min's Preparation for 'Reborn Rich' Character

Spoiler

Reborn Rich Lee Sung Min

(Photo : JTBC )

As obtained by a media outlet, the host asked Lee Sung Min how he managed to act so well and perfectly play Jin Yang Chul in his 50s and 70s.

"It's not a role for my age, so acting my age was the part I cared about the most," he said, adding that he made sure that the viewers "were not bothered" by his acting and the way he played the character.

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: THIS 'Reborn Rich' Cast is 'Shocked' by the Attention Received After Joining Song Joong Ki's Drama 

In "Reborn Rich" Jin Yang Chul is the founder of the Soonyang Group who fears no one and has great ambitions in life.

Despite being a visionary, his family thinks that his idea is out of this world, except for Jin Do Joon, played by Song Joong Ki. He is a third-generation chaebol and the youngest grandson of Jin Yang Chul.

The series featured how he wanted to overtake Soonyang Conglomerate due to his revenge but shows great support for his grandfather.

From Jin Do Joon's revenge, "Reborn Rich" also depicts the downfall of Jin Yang Chul.

Lee Sung Min Reacts to Viewers' Feedback in One 'Reborn Rich' Scene

Spoiler

Reborn Rich

(Photo : JTBC)

One of the remarkable moments in Jin Yang Chul's life is falling into delirium. It is a syndrome in which overall brain function is impaired due to physical illness, drugs, or alcohol.

Viewers witnessed how the once mighty chairman ended up forgetting his past including who he used to be.

For Lee Sung Min, he says that he was able to understand Jin Yang Chul through his weakness and strength.

"I love the character I play. In particular, I had a lot of affection for the character Jin Yang Chul," he said, adding "Imagining the character's warrior, I was able to understand 'how fiercely he lived."

Lee Sung Min Reveals Doing THIS If He Will Be Reborn Again

When asked what he will do if he will be reborn, just like Jin Do Joon, Lee Sung Min says he wanted to live not as an actor.

He explained that he has "never done anything else" besides acting and there are times when he feels sorry for his life.

"I don't know about other lives. If I were to be born again, I would like to stop learning. I have never had a job, experience, or adventure that I should have taken for granted," he added.

Known for his versatility, Lee Sung Min also appeared in Kim Hye Soo's "Juvenile Justice" playing the role of head judge Kang Won Joong.

Apart from "Reborn Rich" he will also join the cast of "A Very Lucky Day" along with Yoo Yeon Seok and will be reunited with Lee Jung Eun.

READ MORE: 2022 K-Dramas That Created Major Buzz: 'Reborn Rich,' 'Under the Queen's Umbrella,' More 

KDramastars owns this article

Written by Geca Wills

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/127927/20221229/lee-sung-min-reveals-wanted-life-reborn.htm

My total respect for Lee Sung Min...he did a great job...

1 hour ago, maribella said:

@andy78 If you like LSM you may want to watch his movie when he was younger. It is called The Zoo and he played an Eddie Murphy character; he could talk to animals. He is a versatile actor.

It's actually a very recent movie (released in 2020 just right before the Covid pandemic struck).

• Like 1

EVENT: Soompi Forums Awards: The Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Best of the Rest of KDramas of 2022 - Poll #2

kdr7sTk.gif

Vote for the Best Daily, CDramas and Rest of Kdramas of 2022 here. 2022 was again a year full of dramas, and here's your chance to show which ones you liked the best! 

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @agenth @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl

Soompi Forum Awards: Poll #3 - The Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022.

kdr7sTk.gif

Dear Chingus, Vote for the Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022!

re: Your  friendly, neighbourhood EO Team: 

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

• 4 months later...

A RebornRich prequel focusing of the past of Jin Yangcheol (LeeSungmin) is said to be in planning stage, but the VFX prod reps says nothing is official yet to be shared/confirmed. Insider sayings mention that the novel writer is involved in discussions about the prequel and the original drama's writer & director are likely to be changed

Prod. team of RebornRich says that following the great response towards the drama, it's true that they are in open discussion about season 2 but nothing has been specifically talked yet

• 3 months later...