[Drama 2022] Reborn Rich / 재벌집 막내아들

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, maribella said:

Maybe he was paid to do it. Tonight will answer that, hopefully.

i bet he got paid to kill dojoon  too i wonder who used his need for money...first uncle?his son?that woman?

Maybe he was just accidentally at the crash site...i hope

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i bet he got paid to kill dojoon  too i wonder who used his need for money...first uncle?his son?that woman?

Maybe he was just accidentally at the crash site...i hope

Maybe HW didn't know whom he was trying to injure in an accident and hence had no recollection of 4-2.Or he wasn't involved in it in the 1st life but by a twist of fate in the 2nd.Whatever be the reason they did gauranteed another high rating with the cliffhanger ending. :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Miky88 said:

In this case HW was just a poor bystander there with DJ choosing to wait for him to move his car rather than pass by his car on his way...

Can’t understand why DJ would choose to wait rather than pass by at all! If he was being nice, at least send Mr Ha out to ask the owner if he needed help, then it would make sense for him to wait. :S 

Maybe now HW in DJ will go back into HW’s body and so the HW we saw in ep 1 was actually a HW who had lived as DJ but didn’t remember until he was shot in Turkey, and only after being shot all his memories came back??? With one ep left and so much to explain, I have very little expectations that the ending will be reasonable :D

2 hours ago, Jean Chua said:

Can’t understand why DJ would choose to wait rather than pass by at all!

me too...

i hate the idea H.W was the cause of DJ's death by standing in his road...i hope is an accident but i'm almost sure had something to do with his father...

i think he needed the money to help and somebody payed him

no preview...

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 3:41 PM, maribella said:

Or it's conveniently ignored so HW could be involved with DJ's death? Maybe he was paid to do it. Tonight will answer that, hopefully.

Show mentioned that things don’t change so I guess it just means dad lost his job in another way - just like mum died in another way. 

London wasn’t announced to be 2012 Olympics host until 2005 but this scene is 2004. DJ isn’t even hiding the fact that he knows the future :) 

On 12/24/2022 at 6:41 AM, andy78 said:

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote tweets. Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Jean Chua said:

Show mentioned that things don’t change so I guess it just means dad lost his job in another way - just like mum died in another way. 

London wasn’t announced to be 2012 Olympics host until 2005 but this scene is 2004. DJ isn’t even hiding the fact that he knows the future :) 

But then why put him into a little boy's body whose life is overtaken by him? Just to find out who killed HW? Then all those positive changes he did, credit card relief will cause those people to gamble or speculate with the money? :surprisedwut:

It's almost as confusing as AOS which stopped me from completing Part 1 and starting part 2. Anyway just tonight.

Happy Christmas all and happy holidas.

Here are the ratings for Episode 15! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Reborn Rich” Heads Into Finale On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Red Balloon” Hits New All-Time High

With just one episode left in its run, JTBC’s “Reborn Rich” continues to climb to new heights!

On December 24, the hit drama starring Song Joong Ki achieved its highest viewership ratings to date ahead of its highly-anticipated series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the penultimate episode of “Reborn Rich” scored an average nationwide rating of 25.0 percent, marking a new all-time high for the show.

“Reborn Rich” Heads Into Finale On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Red Balloon” Hits New All-Time High | Soompi

11 minutes ago, maribella said:

But then why put him into a little boy's body whose life is overtaken by him? Just to find out who killed HW? Then all those positive changes he did, credit card relief will cause those people to gamble or speculate with the money? :surprisedwut:

I guess he’s placed in there to fulfill destiny? Take the perspective that whatever change you saw him do were things that were meant to happen and couldn’t happen if he weren’t there and maybe it’ll be less confusing.

You mentioned Scarlett before, I think this is a similar case where nobody knows exactly why the lead was thrusted into that position, but what’s clear was that history can’t be changed despite the leads’ effort.

It’s different from the novel where history changed after HW was reincarnated into DJ cos HW ceased to exist in the novel, but we saw that HW continued to exist in the drama.

2 hours ago, Jean Chua said:

guess he’s placed in there to fulfill destiny? Take the perspective that whatever change you saw him do were things that were meant to happen and couldn’t happen if he weren’t there and maybe it’ll be less confusing.

But the credit card debacle did happen in Korea. So anything he does is nullified. They cited incidences and occurences that had happened and wouldn't change with or without him.  'destiny' for something ( or things) to happen only with him around. That seems possible. But life and living are interconnected, for an action there is a reaction. So for something to must happen, there wil be changes to history or world story. That's the premise of the book. Thank goodness, I didn't read the book, I would not be able to watch this drama.

I have a definite understanding of what reincarnation is, so it annoys me when it does not. I am going to hold on to my idea of reincarnation and say HW transmute or metamorphose or transmogrify or ......

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, maribella said:

I have a definite understanding of what reincarnation is, so it annoys me when it does not. I am going to hold on to my idea of reincarnation and say HW transmute or metamorphose or transmogrify or ......

I know what you mean. I don’t see it as reincarnation in the true sense either, cos reincarnation can’t go back in time for me. How the heck does one be reborn to the past? I see it more like teleport + time travel :D 

36 minutes ago, maribella said:

But life and living are interconnected, for an action there is a reaction. So for something to must happen, there wil be changes to history or world story.

Ahh the butterfly effect…maybe the drama has some elements of Final Destination too? That even if you try to change history and think you changed it, the eventual outcome remains the same? Just like how the way mum died had changed but the fact she died didn’t? 

I’m trying so hard to make sense of what we’ve seen so far but really, the one thing I know about time travel stories is that there will always be loopholes and sometimes it’s easier to just enjoy the drama and not analyze too much.

29 minutes ago, maribella said:

But he didn't find out who ordered HW's death, did he? So why bring him back? 

i 'll wait for the subtitles... i liked the novel end more  ....Disappointed by the drama end

I feel that HW's punishment is not being recognized by the person he loves when he live as part of Jin's family

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused by the ending.. so it's like repentance? like so did even HW time travel? As I've not read the novel, I'm ok with the ending cos I don't feel the chemistry between prosecutor Seo and HW/DJ. But HW didn't find out who ordered his death though...

Spoiler

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

i 'll wait for the subtitles... i liked the novel end more  ....Disappointed by the drama end

I feel that HW's punishment is not being recognized by the person he loves when he live as part of Jin's family

the ending gives a little hint that Prosecutor Seo did feel that HW resembles DJ... but now that you've mentioned it... it does feels like HW's punishment is not being recognised.  

• Like 1

Guyz... If you want us to put up a poll on this thread, please let us know! Didn't watch the drama myself, so if you have any questions you want included - feel free to PM me or tag me on this thread.

Seeing that this drama got record ratings for the last episode and that most people think the ending sucked.

Schitts Creek Pain GIF by CBC

EDIT: @agenth @Sleepy Owl will be putting up a poll. :glasses:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

The ending is a bit confusing and a bit rushed.. They should have extend to at least 2 more episodes. When it says that HW got the management rights on SoonYang is confusing. I don't understand that..So disappointed with how this drama ended.

One more thing about DJ and HW sharing the same face of SJK, we assumed that SJK is the soul of both DJ and HW..but their outer look is with different face?? Aigoo.. I'm so confused.. I want to see the real face of DJ and HW! I gone crazy already after watched this drama. At least they should show us the real face of DJ and HW..hahaha

• Like 3

Okay, so after the finale, I have only one question: what the actual RickRoll'D? How is it possible that not a single human being noticed that HW looks exactly like DJ??? Were their "outer" looks different? For spectators' sake? And if so, why the glasses and different hairstyle?

It's like the "difference" between Superman and Clark Kent.

Repentance?

We got HW in DJ's body and 20 years later they gave us DJ in HW's body. I call it transmogrify.... even though I have only read it in Calvin and Hobbes. 

I am quite sure HW's boss was the one who ordered the killing. HW said it at the hearing. His father YK ordered DJ's killing, no doubt about it. 

It's still sad. We had DJ for almost 10 episodes and he was killed. Even if his memory is passed into HW. The donuts, the last words he spoke to MY. It looks like she glimpsed DJ in HW, just like the driver did.

• Like 3