[Drama 2022] Reborn Rich / 재벌집 막내아들

Maetawinz

Here are the ratings for Episode 14! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Reborn Rich” Overtakes “SKY Castle” To Become 2nd Highest-Rated Drama In Cable TV History

JTBC’s “Reborn Rich” is now the drama with the second highest ratings in cable TV history!

On December 18, the fantasy revenge drama starring Song Joong Ki soared to its highest viewership ratings yet ahead of the final week of its run. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 24.9 percent, marking a significant jump from its previous episode the night prior.

Not only did the ratings mark a new personal best for the drama, but “Reborn Rich” has overtaken “SKY Castle” to achieve the second-highest viewership ratings of any cable drama in history. (“SKY Castle” achieved the highest ratings of its run during its finale, which earned an average nationwide rating of 23.8 percent.)

“Reborn Rich” is now second only to the smash 2020 hit “The World of the Married,” which holds the current record for the highest drama ratings in the history of any Korean cable network: a nationwide average of 28.4 percent.

With two episodes still left to go on December 24 and 25, industry watchers are eagerly waiting to see just how much higher “Reborn Rich” will climb in its final week.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Reborn Rich”!

“Reborn Rich” Overtakes “SKY Castle” To Become 2nd Highest-Rated Drama In Cable TV History | Soompi

• Like 5

7 hours ago, agenth said:

It was really out of the blue to see he was ready to propose to her... in drama we never saw them have an actual relationship. Sure they kissed (many moons ago), had a crush during college, but did they ever go out or spend time together APART From the times they met up due to soonyang hijinks? they never shared their personal wishes or dreams together, only talked about his family / corruption / justice / work. 

So it's not even bittersweet to see her trying to prosecute him next episode. 

This episode truly suffered the lack of Granpa. The other storylines and actors simply do not have the same charisma as the late Chairman. 

It is like a big jump from a hug and a kiss to a marriage proposal. This part is probably to satisfy the romanticists. I am more than happy to see them as co-conspirators who are getting closer. 

The Grandfather thinks that DJ is most like him and will use the slush fund? That's not very complimentary. Especially when the fund was the cause of HW's death.

7 hours ago, mskololia1 said:

think she is easily led if not influenced by members of the family that has me asking, “Why?” In the 1st timeline the aunt tipped her off.  In this timeline, DJ, cousin-in-law, and uncle tipped her off.

She has been written as an upright person where justice is concerned. Her father was also a prosecutor who may have the same attitude - no deals. It seems in character for her to assume that he had cut some deal. But we can also see it as one of the reasons.

Another reason is that it would tar the family's image and humiliate the woman whom his father calls mother. He told Lee to delete his Grandfather's cctv footage to preserve his name so it seems likely that he would the same for his wife.

• Like 3

I'm enjoying the show, but also being a bit confused: DJ started going after his (reborn) family's business empire, because he was trying to figure who ordered the hit on his previous life. Now this seems to have taken a back burner (I don't understand why), as he is taking turns protecting the company's interests (for his grandpa's sake) or sinking it. It's episode 14, and still no clue about who ordered his death (I think it's his cousin, but not sure)...

Any thoughts?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Yes. Do Joon must not touch the Slush Fund at all.  He must never trust anyone and navigate the "twists and turns" that are going to come his way now that Grandpa is no longer around.

i agree and he did say he'll buy the company with his own money...i hope he'll keep the promise  and use the Slush Fund against his familly...he is 2 men in one body...JD AND HW...he must not think back that life is ended...in the novel he did became  JIN and understood he is no longer HW...2 more ep

1 hour ago, lilyphenix said:

he is taking turns protecting the company's interests (who his grandpa's sake) or sinking it. It's episode 14, and still no clue about who ordered his death (I think it's his cousin, but not sure)...

well i think he wants both...to understand who killed him and protect the company for grandpa sake  and all the people that are working for his familly

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, agenth said:

It was really out of the blue to see he was ready to propose to her...

I think it's an intentional choice of showrunners, to keep the romance in the background. So I don't mind anymore that we are surprised with sudden changes in their relationship and I will roll with it. After all, the core of the show is DJ's fight to take over Soonyang.

Anyway, I think they'll end up together in the end. But now the most important question is how is he going to escape the next murder attempt, and how is he going to keep buying Soonyang shares...can't wait for next week's episodes! :lol:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

money...i hope he'll keep the promise  and use the Slush Fund against his familly...he is 2 men in one body...JD AND HW...he must not think back that life is ended...in the novel he did became  JIN and understood he is no longer HW...2 more ep

In the 14th episode, DJ accepted that they were two people in two different worlds existing at the same time. I would say he accepts that he is DJ, rich and privileged, and HW is living somewhere else miserably. We may find out later how the two world connect.

Edit: In my young days when I spent a lot of time reading comics, I remember all those superheroes in their parallel worlds. Some were opposites to what they were.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maribella said:

We may find out later how the two world connect.

as i said before we did not get an answer in the novel

7 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

it's an intentional choice of showrunners, to keep the romance in the background.

i agree...this happens in the novel too...the greatest love story is DJ and his grandad...he wanted to use him at first (he has HW memories)but later he begins to love him and understand this is his grandad and his familly...he loves his second mom so very much in the novel ...he hates watching the others beeing cruel with her...i hope we will see more flashback scenes or maybe one more video the old man left...i miss grandad so much...I cried when i watched that video scene...we could feel his love in his voice and in his eyes ...DJ felt it too...no need for I LOVE YOU words

It seems

WE ALL DO!!!This drama is not the same !!!The novel ends when DJ is 30 or 35...

• Like 7

Min Young's character is so annoying in this drama - she adds zero value and all she does is mess up Do Joon's plans.

I don't quite get the ending of episode 14 though. Is it a flashback of Do Joon as poor HW in the past? Or did he suddenly come across HW in the same timeline as DJ (in the current timeline in the drama)? So there is both HW and DJ in the same timeline now?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, baconham said:

I don't quite get the ending of episode 14 though. Is it a flashback of Do Joon as poor HW in the past? Or did he suddenly come across HW in the same timeline as DJ (in the current timeline in the drama)? So there is both HW and DJ in the same timeline now?

I think it's a flashback and also to show that DJ has two choices; to be rich (use slush fund) or to be poor (not use slush fund). 

DJ will have to let go of the dream of buying SY - at least with this dirty money. I don't think DJ will succumb to that resort, as it would conflict with his (ex?)gf's values and he would lose her forever then. 

Granpa wanted DJ to be without emotions and without weaknesses, that's why he made this challenge. 

I still don't get why Hangjae gave him the info, probably because he showed his true colors and was looking for a new master. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, baconham said:

Min Young's character is so annoying in this drama - she adds zero value and all she does is mess up Do Joon's plans.

@baconham Agree with you.  I never pay much attention to her scenes.  Sometimes I don't even remember what happened :lol:   She is not just annoying.  Her acting stinks. 

Everyone else is doing well.  The Jin siblings may be evil but their Actings are entertaining and to the point.

As for the scene where both Do Joon and HW appears, I guess it is a Parellel World.  Both of them exist.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, agenth said:

I still don't get why Hangjae gave him the info, probably because he showed his true colors and was looking for a new master. 

i think he was looking for a new master...the first grandson did HUMILIATE him ...Hangjae did helped grandad build the company...the first grandson could have use that to his advantage ...then he witnessed DJ next move...and chose just like the driver did when he saved DJ life that day and became his trusted man ...DJ sent him to protect the woman he loves and nobody else

DJ told grandad he'll buy the company using his money...he'll use MIRACLE for that not that dirty money...you know in the novel he builds a company bigger than his grandad ...i'm sure we'll see that here too

• Like 4

2 hours ago, andy78 said:

E ALL DO!!!This drama is not the same !!!The novel ends when DJ is 30 or 35...

We may get the answer how it got him from one world to the other. 

I want to know how he finds out the identity of HW's killer.

Lee Han Jae is doing the duties of HW's here. So there are counterparts and duplicates.

2 hours ago, baconham said:

flashback of Do Joon as poor HW in the past? Or did he suddenly come across HW in the same timeline as DJ (in the current timeline in the drama)? So there is both HW and DJ in the same timeline now?

According to the voiceover, they were in two different worlds at the same time. So when HW was beaten  by the drunks, DJ was safe somewhere in a big car.

But the question how he became a 12 year old boy was not explained in the book according to @andy78

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, maribella said:

But the question how he became a 12 year old boy was not explained in the book

That's true

they were in two different worlds at the same time. So when HW was beaten  by the drunks, DJ was safe somewhere in a big car.

i agree with you

I want to know how he finds out the identity of HW's killer.

In the novel he does...is his uncle to protect his loser son ...

• Like 2

Just now, andy78 said:

That true

i agree with you

In the novel he does...is his uncle to protect his loser son ...

But how did DJ find out? That should be revealed, that's the key to the story. 

The preview shows DJ telling his uncle YK that he DJ is now the CEO of SY. Revenge completed.

The writer had DJ helped the Grandmother to leave Korea because she did it for her children, Mo warned SJ that she would do anything for her unborn child, DJ's father said he would do anything for his children, HW's dad went to the loan sharks for his son ... there is definitely a trend here. 

• Like 3

Hi guys, I am liking the show a lot, but many things are very confusing for me, which is why I joined this place. I don't understand the entire take over shares' and financial mumbo jumbo related details. Hadn't grandfather already sold Soonyang insurance in earlier episodes to make 90million dollars profit.

Which company is Soonayng holding company, this sudden inclusion of Soonyang insurance in episode 13 in the will is very confusing.

Which is the main company whose majority shares Do jun needs to take over Soonyang. Also if he was elected as Ceo of Soonyang finnace then why is it hard for him to become Chairman. Then again if he can only become Chairman if majority shareholders vote in his favor, then what is the use of him acquiring majority shares. Also how he lost 2 trillion won because gramps didn't leave him anything in the will.

I wish writers had been more clear in describing the take over details.

Edited by Shimmery-summer

3 hours ago, Aznhomieboi1689 said:

In the preview to Ep 15. DJ is arrested… so did he used the slush funds? Why would he do this? I don’t understand why he even dared to touch it? 

also how is he going to be the biggest shareholder….

he is too smart to do it...he has very much money...i bet he has another plan with those dirty money .he did invested in Google and Amazon ...he has more money than the others think...i think he'll find a way to prove his innocence

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

Hi guys, I am liking the show a lot, but many things are very confusing for me, which is why I joined this place. I don't understand the entire take over shares' and financial mumbo jumbo related details.

hi, welcome! and great that you join us.

unfortunately I cannot answer all these questions as I had exactly the same ones (see a couple of pages before :D). I think it may either be a Korean thing or a plothole, and this coming from someone with a law background. 

Erase Parks And Recreation GIF by PeacockTV

Soonyang Financial Company was supposed to be the holding company (and all other companys below it), so having the shares over this company, would make you be the ultimate owner. 

But please, I hope someone else here has a better answer 

• Like 4

LET'S HOPE OUR CUTE DRIVER WILL NEVER BETRAY HIM...

WE NEED A MIRACLE FOR DJ TO SURVIVE AND BE HAPPY

what do you think about Dong-ki's daughter my friends ?It seems she  manages her father's slush fund through Soonyang Foundation, she still showed some level of rationality by reprimanding Dong-ki on his accounting practice and  for relying on numerology in making financial decisions ...Smart woman i must admit that!

• Like 2