[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

Hello! Welcome @Sheries Kia

12 hours ago, Sheries Kia said:

Bu Yeon has never actively shown or made herself visible to Naksu while Naksu was trapped in a body unless she tried to help her in some way subtly.

This doesn't make sense to me as Naksu sees her face in the mirror and the face she sees is that of MD. Even Uk in episode 8 says (post AoS), I know I saw you.

Either they are deliberately stretching it or they will give some explanation of why Naksu doesn't know that she is in the body of the person she met in the storm. Also, in episode 18, the blindfolded Jung So Min clearly says, you are living off my body to Naksu. What more does she need to say to make Naksu realise that something is amiss and investigate?

Why isn’t So I suspected when she hit the stone?

Bu Yeon was suppose to be able to sense energy even if she was blind hence, the the original Mu deok was always able to say who was around her even if she was blind as seen in flash backs.

I buy this. But So I will be punished for disrupting a ritual, no?

She perceives energies so she sensed the energy of the stone but why hit the stone?

Anyway, I am excited for Saturday. I am ready for some angst :D

In resent episodes Bu Yeon’s sister was advising Naksu that her sister was a powerful priestess, she can trap someone in her and leave them powerless or something along the lines.

But Naksu doesn't know that she is in Bu Yeon's body? She has had 15 episodes to check her GoE's no?

Also, this related to the other question I asked: We only have people from powerful families as a heroes of this story. What if an ordinary Daeho citizen wants to be a mage, how do they go about it?
What if MD was an ordinary citizen who wanted to be a mage? If she was and Naksu came into her body then Naksu could have tried that solution but that part is not well developed.

The emphasis of the story was Uk's development as a mage and we see that magnificently in this series. Naksu's journey on the other hand is secondary, thus world building there is hazy! Do I make sense?

I’m curious if they will get another actor for season 2 to play Bu Yeon or keep season 2 about Naksu back story. 
Since the show is so popular, there is a chance to get the actor playing all

of them to sign for a different season .

My guess and I could be totally wrong: some characters will remain under-developed.
As Naksu leaves the body of MD, BY will take a back seat (she will go back to the heavens as she is a product of the ice stone. How? I don't know. Alternately, she will come in for a cameo as a deux-machina in season 2). @LeftCoastOppa thinks that season 2 will be about other stories & they won't try to rebuild Uk+new body Naksu romance. Some people I read say lots will be left to cover so this will be a continuation. I don't know how many questions will remain unanswered but (even I think) season 2 will be a continuation with Uk+Naksu or whoever she actually is (her identity crisis resolved) being the end game. & maybe Seo senior (new cast added to season 2) will be the villain. JM will be there or not, I don't know. Shaman Choi will die/end in season 1. So-i will die (60% chances) unless she is a love interest.

I have been reading so many different theories and I am enjoying them. If I was an artist, I would have collected all threads and made an art book of AoS and its alternate theories. On twitter, I have been enjoying this lady's thread: 

• Like 8

Honestly, when I watched Sol-i "saved" Yul, I was really not impressed because when the soul-shifter was going to charge at him, she kept saying "ottoke", I thought she would throw her body over his to protect him from being stabbed by the soul-shifter again when he looked so deadbeat on the ground. :dead:  To me, that's a natural reaction to protect someone you want to protect....but alas, she was just a SURVIVOR only and continued with her lip service.   Instead, it was Yunok who threw fire at the soul-shifter to get Yul out of the situation.:sweats:

Then you look at this brave-like-a-warrior Yul who thought he had to protect the world at all cost,  even after doubly or triply defeated by the soul-shifter without his magic, he still insisted to charge head-on at the soul-shifter, yet another time.:crazymad:

These two people are really different....I can't see how Yul can ever be attracted to Sol-i.  Just an observation.... :idk:

On 8/22/2022 at 8:59 PM, Kimchi22 said:

I'm just curious about hair colours, stories about many thousand years ago but how they found hair colours..

Don't try to apply too much logic to this drama, it's like a blank canvas....anything is possible...the palette is in the hands of the script-writer and we are all guessing like crazy because it is such a pure fantasy, non-existent place(maybe another universe) and hence history and culture is free-spirited and is anything one can guess.  kekeke   Haven't you noticed some of us are spotting the Einstein hairstyle now?

genius-albert-einstein.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

9 hours ago, K-dramafan22 said:

Haven't you noticed some of us are spotting the Einstein hairstyle now?

i stared at it too long..

spongebob squarepants eww GIF

4 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I think there is a more than 50% chance she will not survive. 

hopefully they forgot about the dna blood worm, and it will get her!

i think the next person to die will be cho yeon's dad.. and it will be cos he tries to protect her and die.. i think he truly dotes on his daughter.. but i really hate that jin mama disregards her so much.. cho yeon might behave like a brat sometimes but she is still a nice person.. but that jin mama's heart and eyes are only for bu yeon who has been missing for so long..

• Like 2
  • Shocked 3

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

i stared at it too long..

i think the next person to die will be cho yeon's dad.. and it will be cos he tries to protect her and die.. i think he truly dotes on his daughter.. but i really hate that jin mama disregards her so much.. cho yeon might behave like a brat sometimes but she is still a nice person.. but that jin mama's heart and eyes are only for bu yeon who has been missing for so long..

Gosh....should I remove the gif?  :sweats:

Cho-yeon's dad is a soul-shifter right?  We have no idea where the real dad has gone to... but I agree if there is no role for him in S2, he is likely going to be put to :rip:by the writers.   I hope with the absence of the dad, cho-yeon will become more like the impressive mage she has been in ep 2(?) when she brought the gwigu to find the soul-shifter.

• Like 6

After watching episode 18 again, I can't help I'm secretly hope that Seo Yul and Bu Yeon endgame if Naksu able to return to her own body back. My guess is Bu Yeon probably closer age with Yul. I know Yul still love Naksu, imagine how Bu Yeon watching closely how Yul still have one-sided love with Naksu. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, orion00 said:

After watching episode 18 again, I can't help I'm secretly hope that Seo Yul and Bu Yeon endgame if Naksu able to return to her own body back. My guess is Bu Yeon probably closer age with Yul. I know Yul still love Naksu, imagine how Bu Yeon watching closely how Yul still have one-sided love with Naksu. 

Oh???  Plot twist??  Still digesting this......

Oh..just saw news of JSM going to film a movie with Kang Ha Neul...30Days.....does this really mean end of JSM in Season 1 without any hope?  :sad1:

• Like 5

i still have to watch ep 17 &18 ...i can't wait to watch what will happen with Naksu...

23 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I don't think JangUk will have a hard time with Nasku's original body

i hope that too...i mean he knows from the start who she is...

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

Whoa!

Comedy Central Lol GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

4 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i think the next person to die will be cho yeon's dad.. and it will be cos he tries to protect her and die..

Is this a bad time to point out, the preview for the next episode showed her dad fighting with Dang Gu ... with swords? :unsure:

52 minutes ago, andy78 said:
On 8/23/2022 at 12:10 AM, marrez1 said:

I don't think JangUk will have a hard time with Nasku's original body

i hope that too...i mean he knows from the start who she is...

Its not just the body its the whole association - Yes, Jang Uk knew it was Naksu inside Mu Deok, but for better or worse thats what he has come to know, and fall in love with.  Its not that Jang Uk couldn't get beyond Naksu returning to her body - he probably could - its that 10 episodes isn't enough time to overcome the trauma that her change would bring - the shock, uncertainty, unfamiliarity - Thats not even mentioning the issues from Naksu's side.  She throughout Part 1 has being wary in the extreme of emotional attachment, the walls have finally seemed to fall, but if she changes bodies and Jang Uk, who has always been steadfast in his adoration of her, steps back or hesitates even a bit then she begins to question love all over again.  Nevermind all the other non-relationship issues that she'd have to face, Yul - Park Jin - Songrim Mages with a grudge ... etc etc

10 episodes in Part 2 cannot do it justice - if they try and just rush it through, then they ruin an otherwise great drama thus far.  Please Writer/PD-nim ... don't try it

JMHO

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, K-dramafan22 said:

should I remove the gif?  :sweats:

dun worry haha i was only joking!

Toddlers And Tiaras Reaction GIF

6 hours ago, K-dramafan22 said:

Cho-yeon's dad is a soul-shifter right? 

he isn’t.. that old shaman in that village said shaman choi had a brother and he married into a prestigious family.. so im assuming its his real identity not a soul shifted one..

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Is this a bad time to point out, the preview for the next episode showed her dad fighting with Dang Gu ... with swords? :unsure:

lets just hope the one who delivered the fatal blow isnt dang gu else it would be end of story for the 2 lovebirds..

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Whoa!

Sexy Pool Cue GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

19 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

What if MD was an ordinary citizen who wanted to be a mage? If she was and

My theory: MD was some peasant girl, happily fishing for her lunch when wham BY and later Naksu entered her. MD didn't want to be anything, just getting her lunch. She was inexorably dragged into this strange story.

Unlike So-I who should be staying in her village quiet-like,  but no, she had to go and get involved with the powerful mages.

8 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

I missed this. They even knew about DNA in Daeho! 
Anyway, it's good if they killed her off.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

20 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Also, this related to the other question I asked: We only have people from powerful families as a heroes of this story. What if an ordinary Daeho citizen wants to be a mage, how do they go about it?

I'd like to think (and I could be wrong about it) that magic in daeho universe is hereditary, hence families that have strong magic genes in their blood become powerful and well known. I think admission to jeong-jin-gak is not that exclusive, it's just that one has to prove that they have magic in their blood. It's probably why songrim mages are dominantly men, and jinyeowon is dominated by women, because different magic traits could be passed down by patrilieal or matrilineal line.

The thing that i still could not figure out is the Heo and Seo family tree and how they're connected. It has been mentioned that heo yeom uses seo family's breathing technique, but he's a heo? Logically if seo family magical blood is patrilineal then his name should be seo yeom? Also how exactly is he related to seo yul? Is he seo yul's uncle? Grandpa? Or seo family's in law?

1 hour ago, maribella said:

My theory: MD was some peasant girl, happily fishing for her lunch when wham BY and later Naksu entered her. MD didn't want to be anything, just getting her lunch. She was inexorably dragged into this strange story.

Mudeok is bu yeon. Or a persona that bu yeon took after she found herself stranded in sari village. Bu yeon did not soul shift, she just created a new identity, presumably because she wants to stay hidden (maybe) for whatever reason.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

10 episodes in Part 2 cannot do it justice - if they try and just rush it through, then they ruin an otherwise great drama thus far.  Please Writer/PD-nim ... don't try it

10 episodes yes but each with 1h 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Its not that Jang Uk couldn't get beyond Naksu returning to her body - he probably could - its that 10 episodes isn't enough time to overcome the trauma that her change would bring - the shock, uncertainty, unfamiliarity

its that 10 episodes isn't enough  time...i agree...Naksu's could be the one that might have problems getting used to be in her body again...let's not forget Naksu seemed a cold person that was not able to feel love...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, maribella said:

Unlike So-I who should be staying in her village quiet-like,  but no, she had to go and get involved with the powerful mages.

Interesting theory ... all except the part you left out, where she was kidnapped, and threatened with immediate death by those same powerful mages if she failed to  comply. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, maribella said:

Anyway, it's good if they killed her off.

f5l25k272y.gif

1 hour ago, SleepyKitty said:

The thing that i still could not figure out is the Heo and Seo family tree and how they're connected. It has been mentioned that heo yeom uses seo family's breathing technique, but he's a heo? Logically if seo family magical blood is patrilineal then his name should be seo yeom? Also how exactly is he related to seo yul? Is he seo yul's uncle? Grandpa? Or seo family's in law?

Found this character chart - looks like Master Heo worked with a member of the Seo family ...

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

OMG!!!   I am so traumatised by the character chart!!!!  

:crazily:

JIN BU YEON is NOT even stated in the chart!!!!!!!   :criesariver:

@sadthe1st   You caught me for the gif tease....kekeke  and regarding Cho-yeon's father....Remember Sol-i asking him why he was doing all these evil collaboration with Jin Mu?   He replied he was not their father, he was elsewhere...so that gave me the impression that the current dad was a soul-shifter and the real dad was hidden somewhere just like the real Queen.    Did I hear the dialogue between Sol-i and the villain dad wrongly?  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

19 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Found this character chart - looks like Master Heo worked with a member of the Seo family ...

Hmmm, a spoiler-free character chart, and yet it already looks super complicated :sweatingbullets:. I guess if we add all the soul-shifting into this, the chart would probably looks more like a spider web 

:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

35 minutes ago, K-dramafan22 said:

Remember Sol-i asking him why he was doing all these evil collaboration with Jin Mu?   He replied he was not their father, he was elsewhere...so that gave me the impression that the current dad was a soul-shifter and the real dad was hidden somewhere just like the real Queen.    Did I hear the dialogue between Sol-i and the villain dad wrongly?  

I remember this, too. Like you, I assumed it was because he was a soul shifter and not the actual dad of Buyeon. But another way to interpret it would be that he didn't consider himself Buyeon's father since the baby died in utero and was only revived several months later by the ice stone. I don't know which is the right interpretation. (He does seems close with Choyeon, though?)

• Like 4

The ice stone is symbolic of a cold, cruel, loveless heart.

To melt it, we need an absolute 'till death do us part, warm, passionate love a.k.a. true love.

The combined power of the Yin & Yang jades will hopefully help to counter the ice stone...in respect to the realisation of feelings between two 'twisted' heirs apparent a.k.a. Jang Uk & MuDeok (BuYeon).

Their union is fated, powerful, tragic...yet all-powerful :heartxoxo:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11
  • Love 1