[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

Hmm. 

I was looking forward to the secret behind Master Lee's rosy skin. Guess that'll have to wait...... 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Tina288 said:

It is very very innocent but it was much more than a peck.

In the physical sense, it was a stamp. But I guess if you read the intention behind it, it was tentative contact. :lol: 

I guess he was waiting for her to come to - she's hiding what she feels due to reasons pertaining to her current soul-shifted state, causing concerns over mortality and identity. She cannot afford to spend time on mushy love when lives are at stake. She's got priorities and he knows that. He also can sense what he cannot see after reading that book - he's outed her once under the glorious tree of truth and beside the lake/stream of light by the dark, dark moon. Perhaps this chaste contact was his way of asking her to open up without being too forward/pushy. But man, she needs some kicking methinks.

1 hour ago, partyon said:

@rocat and @LeftCoastOppa can attest to this. :D

Lolz! Yep. It was most entertaining.

:popcornjackson:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Alchemy Of Souls” To Go On 1-Week Hiatus Next Week

tvN’s Saturday-Sunday drama “Alchemy of Souls” will not be airing next week.

On August 4, a source from “Alchemy of Souls” shared, “‘Alchemy of Souls’ will air episodes 15 and 16 normally this weekend (August 6 and 7) and then take a one-week break (August 13 and 14) to enhance the level of completion for the second half.”

They continued, “On August 13, a highlight broadcast that covers the main storyline will air, and on August 14, a special broadcast with the actors of ‘Alchemy of Souls’ will air.”

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls. The star-studded cast consists of Lee Jae Wook, Jung So Min, Hwang Minhyun, Shin Seung Ho, Oh My Girl’s Arin, and more.

The next episode of “Alchemy of Souls” will air on August 6 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

“Alchemy Of Souls” To Go On 1-Week Hiatus Next Week | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This hiatus thing is a make or break situation. Knowing the writers reputation, open ending is waving, Hahaha Anyway this week upcoming episodes should be fun and exciting. And I hope the drama won’t lose its momentum in viewership. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

It looks like at least we get to see some progression on the Buyeon side, if the previews are any indication. You'd think that the Jin family would be way more curious about this girl who opened a door to their treasure chamber all by herself, but I guess the  little sister didn't exactly offer that information. But given the appearance of Soyi, they should be a lot a lot a lot more curious about who the original Mudeok actually is. Cause our Mudeoki/Naksu is going to be in a lot more danger, now that Soyi has shown up and joined the baddies.

I still think Master Lee is bluffing, BUT I also think there is more to him than we have been shown. And if he is the original soul of the original founder of Songrim, that wouldn't be surprising. (Or maybe Uk is a reincarnation of the founder, instead?)

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

So far for me, the editing/writing doesn't really seemed to correspond to the sentiment on the ground

My first thought on the hiatus is there's some kind of development/change in the direction of S2 and they're trying to make a smoother connection between S1 and S2.

Regardless, I'm not holding my breath...

3 hours ago, frozentundra said:

It looks like at least we get to see some progression on the Buyeon side, if the previews are any indication. You'd think that the Jin family would be way more curious about this girl who opened a door to their treasure chamber all by herself, but I guess the  little sister didn't exactly offer that information. But given the appearance of Soyi, they should be a lot a lot a lot more curious about who the original Mudeok actually is. Cause our Mudeoki/Naksu is going to be in a lot more danger, now that Soyi has shown up and joined the baddies.

I sure hope so! From current track record where answers to the mystery we are most curious about are usually revealed skimpily at the beginning or towards the end by some character narration, I'll be pleasantly surprised if Buyeon's character will be developed beyond being MD's dormant superpower to be invoked at the last minute. I would expect at least fake Buyeon will make it to Jin household by ep 16 but who knows? Then you will need time for gut wrenching sequence of fake Buyeon vs real Buyeon before the whole identity resolution. And this is not yet counting the other major plot points like Naksu/MD/Cho Yeong/JBY identity crisis, (or even like the two girls interacting with each other), Cho Chung, Jang Gang, the final fight etc.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I still think Master Lee is bluffing, BUT I also think there is more to him than we have been shown. And if he is the original soul of the original founder of Songrim, that wouldn't be surprising. (Or maybe Uk is a reincarnation of the founder, instead?)

Probably the latter, remember the two silhouettes in the clouds/mist; the silhouettes looks like Uk and bu yeon. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

I feel like there are a lot of things to sew up now... We don't need any more new characters or problems, we need some solutions to start now.

Another thing they haven't addressed yet (small in plot terms but still, something the characters should be concerned about?) is the change in Mudeok's owner. Everyone is like, yay, Uk mastered chisu! But after all they did to see each other at Songrim in the first place, shouldn't those two be a bit concerned about Yul hauling off Mudeok? Especially if he already basically told Uk he would finish off Mudeok if she went wild? Not to mention their romantic relationship and all.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 3

So, turns out i was wrong. The second part would not air after eps 20 because there's already another drama lined up to air on sept 3rd. Oh well. Let's just hope they could wrap everything quickly and neatly then.

Random thought for today: i just realized that some incredible power burst happens when mudeok and janguk is touching/being close to each other; e.g.:

1) that part when mudeok was trapped in the mirror, they touched the mirror together from both sides and then bam! She's out.

2) the moment in the constellation room with THE HUG and being struck by literall thunder.

So, buyeon alone was already very powerfull. But janguk being there could be the important key to unravel the two-soul-trapped-in-one-body situation. You know since apparently he's a geeeeeeenius since birth (i still cackle at the ridiculous image of him catching the golden fish, idk why). I'm a bit iffy with the possibility of reincarnation though. It's just... too neat(?) for me. But oh well, this drama is already ridiculous enough as it is. Might as well.

p.s. : minhyun just shared another behind the scene vlogs on his channel

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

So no AOS next week, i think it's about the fight scene, but maybe they want Jung So Min to retun in part 2,but i don't think she will be ok no be FL again, it's will be weird to be only a cameo or supporting role for her.

So the promotion video netflix, clip and poster will be the 4 guys with the new FL i know she no really new just take the role in another form, it's will be weirb because i love the chemistry with the cast now. I think I'll wait for the second part to come out completely to see it, and see some spoilers.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

40 minutes ago, SleepyKitty said:

i still cackle at the ridiculous image of him catching the golden fish, idk why).

Uk looked like he couldn’t believe it either. :Megalol:

The guy is born with great powers - something that he needed to control more than harness.

That could be why his energy was locked/hidden by daddy in the first place, knowing that if he had it without the control or if he were manipulated, he could become a curse. Or die before his tiny ponytail can be combed into a bird butt. 

There are a lot of mentions of loose ends that need tying - I think the show realizes that too and is taking the time to do so. All’s good except if the ending is crummy, I know who would be at the other end of my pole. 

:tenor:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook And Jo Jae Yoon Engage In An Icy War Of Nerves In “Alchemy Of Souls”

Lee Jae Wook will find himself in hot water again in “Alchemy of Souls”!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

Previously, Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) and Teacher Lee (Im Chul Soo) entered the palace at the request of the king (Choi Kwang Il). Teacher Lee shocked everyone when he revealed he could spot soul shifters because he was actually one. Jang Wook realized that Teacher Lee might know about Mu Deok’s true identity and became wary, raising questions about the future development.

In newly released stills from the upcoming episode, Jang Wook heads to the king’s palace with Teacher Lee’s precious dog that is able to detect soul shifters. However, soon, they are surrounded by soldiers. Jang Wook stands firmly with his sword out as if he’s protecting the dog, and the soldiers point their own weapons right at him. With tension rising, one wrong move could escalate the conflict and cause them to break out into a physical fight.

Lee-Jae-Wook-2-800x533.jpeg

Lee-Jae-Wook-1-800x533.jpeg

More photos depict a fiery war of nerves between Jang Wook and Jin Mu (Jo Jae Yoon). The tension between them is like a ticking bomb that could explode at any time. Viewers are eagerly waiting to find out if Jang Wook will be able to fulfill his goal without Jin Mu getting in the way.

Spoiler

Alchemy-of-Souls-1-800x533.jpeg

Lee-Jae-Wook-800x533.jpeg

The producers of “Alchemy of Souls” shared, “Lee Jae Wook does most of the action scenes in the drama himself and shows a passionate performance with all his heart and soul.” They added that viewers should keep an eye on Jang Wook’s inexorable vigor and performance.

“Alchemy of Souls” will air episodes 15 and 16 normally this weekend (August 6 and 7) and then take a one-week break (August 13 and 14).

Lee Jae Wook And Jo Jae Yoon Engage In An Icy War Of Nerves In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min Share Heart-Fluttering Eye Contact In “Alchemy Of Souls”

tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” shared new stills of the upcoming episode!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) and Mu Deok (Jung So Min) have been exciting viewers with their push-and-pull romance. Jang Wook’s straightforwardness flustered Mu Deok, but she continued to put up a wall between them. However, she couldn’t hide her jealousy when it seemed like he was getting close to Heo Yoon Ok (Hong Seo Hui). Their romance blossomed even further when Jang Wook gave her an affectionate hug and kiss, letting her know he only had eyes for her.

The newly released stills depict the two characters meeting late in the night, and the subtle lights surrounding them increase the tender atmosphere. Jang Wook gazes at Mu Deok with eyes full of passion, causing hearts to race. Mu Deok’s gaze is also fixed on him, and viewers are eager to find out if they will officially begin a reciprocal romance.

Lee-Jae-Wook-1-768x512.jpg

Jung-So-Min-768x514.jpg

Spoiler

Jung-So-Min-Lee-Jae-Wook-768x514.jpg

The drama’s production team commented, “In episodes 15 and 16 that air this week, Jang Wook and Mu Deok will pull out their feelings, and the teacher-student romance will surface, so please check it out through the broadcast.”

“Alchemy of Souls” will air episodes 15 and 16 normally this weekend (August 6 and 7) and then take a one-week break (August 13 and 14).

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min Share Heart-Fluttering Eye Contact In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 5

spacer.png The drama’s production team commented, “In episodes 15 and 16 that air this week, Jang Wook and Mu Deok will pull out their feelings, and the teacher-student romance will surface, so please check it out through the broadcast.”

Brace yourself guys! Since the prod is throwing punches, a straight jab that instilled excitement

(they said teacher-student romance :7555_attack:

Oh boy, I’m excited to the bone! :smiley:

• Like 5
  • Blob 1